It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden on the brink? Police force pushed to breaking point by violence amid migrant influx

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Calling BS.

There are no tenements in the city of Decatur, GA ... in fact, it's one of the most upscale cities in the State.

In fact, with the exception of a few streets in the Vine City area ... most of the city of Atlanta and surrounding areas are free of anything resembling "tenements" and there are no "no go" areas at all.

edit on 20-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Deleted needless snark. I'm working on it, okay?

(post by LardoCalorissian removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LardoCalorissian

And delusional? Define and justify that part?

Also the disconnected from reality part?

Seriously? Why even bring that up after it's removed? You're flagging the mod yourself.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LardoCalorissian

No, I understand clearly, the mod removed the post detracting from the post he obviously considered removing but didn't, and now you're gloating the post that wasn't removed, despite clearly a personal directed attack.

Think hard about why the post referring to the first post was removed by mods, then I GUESS continue this conversation. Because obviously getting your single jab in wasn't good enough, lets ALL now talk about your BS instead, as the primary conversation.
edit on 20-2-2017 by numb3rs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here are some vids.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Express is even less credible than Trump and have a long track record of completely inventing stories so they can attack immigrants, gay people, non white,non christians.

Newspaper reports of a mass sexual-assault by refugees and migrants in Frankfurt, Germany, on News Years Eve were ‘completely made up’ it has emerged. The claims were made just days ago in a right-wing German tabloid and repeated in the Daily Express in the UK. The Daily Express alleged that a ‘mass sex attack’ by over 900 drunk refugees led to women being sexually harassed. It even had the same quotes as the German tabloid (Bild) that first run the false story:

But the quotes were fabricated and the story was made up.

German police looked into the incident and say the allegations are “without foundation” and are investigating those who claimed to witness the incident.

politicalscrapbook.net...
edit on 20-2-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: jellyrev

Interesting but total BS set of stats, how can 'non western' stat for proportion of crime suspects be 4.54, and then in the same stat include actual 'non western' countries be higher? How come it doesn't amount to 100% in total for the set of statistics? You are western or not, surely?

Stefan did not list "non-western other" category. It's proportion out of their total populations background. It cant hit 100% This is per year.
the only way to be 100% would be for a whole population group to be suspected of a crime.

neat fact: 40% of morrocan immigrants between age 12-24 have been arrested, fined, charged or accused of a crime.

Where did I say 'non western other'? That's right, I didn't. So if you call Morroco non western, then how can you list them as both non western and as their own nation, or are Morroco considered western?

The fact that anyone is arrested is neither here nor there - how many were actually prosecuted?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LardoCalorissian
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, a closed gene pool ends up with an inbred, stupid population.

A whole country is not a closed genepool. What a stupid thing to say.

Are you seriously suggesting that my people need genes from an other continent in order to stay healthy?

Well, I don't want to point fingers, but you are kind of proving my case with the stupid part, but I can see you are a new member, perhaps you were led to believe that this was some kind of white supremacy site........... the door is just over to your left.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This isn't the political mud pit.

Exactly, so why do you always play the ideological apologist? Why always start nuanced arguments instead of directly discussing the main point of the thread? I just don't understand that approach to ATS, but I guess that I should just accept it from some members and move on.

The bottom line is that immigration in Sweden has caused some major problems for the country--yes, "major" can be subjective, but in any event, it has cause some negative consequences that its citizenry should not have to deal with. All of the nuanced arguments in the world can't skate around that fact, even if the OP deployed hyperbole when typing the thread title.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

But...but......but...It's Trump........Wrong..............Sweden.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Agreed, anyone with a keyboard and 10 minutes can find the truth.

But Trump is bad, must follow orders, Trump is bad mus follow ord.........

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Great. Now we are sensationalizing other countries' news too...

Yeah right..

No need to sensationalize it in any way. It is horrifying enough all by itself. All you need to do is be willing to see the facts.

As you can see there the police does not even dare to enter those areas anymore. And no one is safe even for just one minute, literally not even for a minute as you can see. Woman being spit on , punched and kicked for just being there. They seem so grateful right? ?and not invasive and oppressive at all ...? /S

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 16:11:59 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes sweden is a prime example of what happens if you just open the doors to a counter culture like that and pretend it is all good.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, I don't want to point fingers, but you are kind of proving my case with the stupid part, but I can see you are a new member, perhaps you were led to believe that this was some kind of white supremacy site........... the door is just over to your left.

Why don't you and ten guys like you make me.

So there it is off course, the racist card.

So can you qoute the comments that you believe are "white supremacist" or racist.
edit on 20-2-2017 by LardoCalorissian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here is another.

www.youtube.com...

In the midst of the European Migrant Crisis, Sweden is on the verge of societal collapse under the weight of mass immigration. Ingrid Carlqvist joins Stefan Molyneux to discuss the current state of Sweden, the shocking Facebook livestream rape case, demoralization of the Swedish people, being faced with a true rape culture, next years Swedish elections and what the future looks like for the Swedish people. Ingrid Carlqvist is an independent journalist based in Sweden.

edit on 2 20 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Great. Now we are sensationalizing other countries' news too...

This should be all over the news. If a government fails to protect his own citizens they are held accountable for every crime that got commited. We let them in by the thousands and unvetted and now look who pays the price. Where are all the clebrities who spouted it's inhumanitarian and the poor refugees but failed to mention they aren't welcome in there mansions? This is complete out of control.

This is sheer madness and beyond stupid. No country was prepared for this and the governments have no idea how to handle the situation. Germany is already paying refugees to leave the country and to rebuild their own. Why is nobody protesting this? Women got on the streets becaue of the fear of losing rights they already had and weren't never in jeopardy to begin with but if something really important comes along they just say nah i don't want to sound racist. And no i'm not advocating to deport all refugees but the criminals have to go.

Why should it be all over the news? Looks like sensational BS at the most, and local news at the worst.

Do you even realize this article came out in November of last year? If this is so outraging, why didn't you make a big deal out of it then?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I won't comment on the source of the thread as the Daily Express is an embarrassment, but this video makes some interesting claims

"Sweden has massive crime problems"
- I'd like to know where the person gets this from, as Sweden has famously low homicide rates, with sexual offences it would be difficult to know if any increase was purely due to the broadening of the legal definition of rape. Just ask Trump's buddy Assange. Also, it's one thing to identify a high crime rate (which I'd be interested to see), it's another thing to then show convincingly that any changes to crime rate were specifically down to refugees. So far I haven't seen anything substantial other than case reports from the media.

55 areas have now been labelled 'no-go' areas
- This was labelled by a right-wing Australian documentary programme. The 'no-go' areas have been denied by people actually living in Sweden. The police released a report that said there are some 'vulnerable areas'. Yet reports from people who live in these areas the problems seem quite similar to those of America, segregation and a poor relationship with the police.

Instead of focusing on one or two crimes in the area, the media should be reporting on why it's unsafe to go places at night, why there's more crime in certain areas – and if the reports are true in the first place. I guess I don't always understand what's going on with the police over here – the place is segregated and a lot of people don't trust the police. But it goes without saying that no one can speak for everyone who lives here.

I've never been in a situation where I've had to deal with the police, so I can't say how other people feel. There's some violence here and we've had clashes between the police and locals. But I think we need to deal with that in a wider context – that's what we're trying to do with the exhibition. It would be nice if journalists did the same.""
Nothing to suggest it's any worse than anywhere else in the world.

Following this a bit of liberal-bashing - has this not got boring yet?

"Parts of London, Paris, Molenbeek and Berlin have become dangerous war-zone like ghettoes"
- Hysteria much? Hasn't there always been dangerous parts of cities and towns. Has there been an evidenced increase in crime in these cities as well?

"Basically Islamic occupied territory"
- Spoken like a true war correspondent. I'm sure most of those people wanted to move in and start families, little did they know they were 'occupying' land.

"Trumps statement was based on actual facts"
- 'Facts' based on Ami Horowitz? Let's see:

"It's difficult to get jobs, there's too many of them"
- Pure opinion for a start. Sweden employment rate 6-7% isn't particularly bad and some reports have emerged of a recent economic boom

"An absolute surge in gun violence and rape"
-Again big claims re. sexual assault is discussed in a bit.

What is the gun violence claim based on? 189 people injured in shootings in the past five years. How does that compare to other cities? Reports generally blame it on gang-related violence, are these gangs refugees? Malmo has had a gang problem since the mid-nineties.

"They know the crime is happening, the statistics are clear"
- I'd love to know what statistics he is looking at, but you know, crime does happen.

"No-go areas are areas police won't visit, it is a policy of the national police authority in Sweden"
- That is just an outright lie as previously discussed. Police have also denied this

"The government is covering up the problems" - Maybe they do, maybe they don't, that can't be used as evidence to show that any of this is true though.

Following is subjective hyperbole about "white-guilt", boring. 'Sweden belongs to the immigrants' - what does that even mean?!

"Rape capital of Europe"
- Goes back to Sweden's unique approach to rape/sexual offence definition, consider this

if a woman says she has been raped by her husband every day during a year, the Swedish police may record more than 300 cases of rape. In many other countries only a single offence would be counted in such a situation

"In 58% of cases perpetrator was entirely unknown by the victim"
- Right, this looks quite a strange one, but then most of the sexual offences in this study were committed in a public place (50%), leading them to feel that relationship rape is under-reported. But consider what offenses are included in Sweden's legal definition of rape, leering, pointing at genitals, inappropriate staring, all offences that are more likely to be reported in a public space with witnesses, no?. Despite this the same report said this:

In 2015, a total of 18,100 sex offences were reported; this is an 11 per cent decrease as compared with 2014. The number of rapes reported to police decreased by 12 per cent to 5,920 between 2014 and 2015. Reported offences regarding sexual molestation and sexual coercion, exploitation etc. also decreased to 8,840 (-8 %) and 1,430 (-6 %) respectively

Ah, lack of evidence of the background of the rapists means the government is in denial, I get it.

There are also a variety of reports I wish I had the time to look into, one such citation The Gatestone Institution I have questioned the objectivity of in the past; they have provided funding for the hate-group Center of Security Policy.

Interesting about the rapist who got community service, I'm sure there are similar cases though Li nk

7 mins in and I'm tired, not one credible statement made in the video so far.

edit on 20-2-2017 by twfau because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Fixed the embed for you.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Good god what an ignorant arrogant thread. So many US folks lining up to become good little Nazis.

The US is screwed. I feel sorry for those of you who can think and know the world outside the US is far far larger and not at all as expressed in threads like these.

Mindnumbing stuff.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join