It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't know maybe it has something to do with Israel the Saudis and the Russians and China

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What we have to understand is that ethnocentric bigotry or consciousness is a level of developmental psychology…its a natural thing

Study Spiral Dynamics
en.wikipedia.org...

Ethnocentrism starts with: My parents

My family

My Nation

My Religion

There is a healthy side to it and an unhealthy side to it

Such as ISIS, most fundamental religions are negatively ethnocentric.

Black nationalists who have become racist themselves

Even communists...Nazis super nationalists

Any over attachment to “my group” is negative ethnocentric when it carries into mob violence, oppression or racism.

The healthy person transcends their natural ethnocentrism (humans are social beings) and includes healthy ethnocentrism “my group” when they develop world centric or universal centric consciousness.

Remember all developmental psychology transcends and includes or includes and transcends

We include our childhood development and transcend it into developmental growth: puberty and adulthood

If we become blocked we will never develop healthily.

Many people get blocked on their ethnocentric level

The real meaning of Jesus’ “Love thy enemy” is an attempt to get humans to transcend their ethnocentric nature into a universal centric consciousness

Were all one

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Okay...see we are on the same page here. Think I didn't understand where you were coming from. They are talented in arts and culture...but also, of late...in the sciences.

If only we had given them a chance to expand to who they fully are earlier.

link   

You said nukes put us on a trajectory towards extinction. That's not the case.

link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Be good if you could change skin like you can on mindcraft then we could just talk about the validity of facts without succumbing to the snare of professional victimhood.

Or in other words, Caesar cared not for skin color so we shouldn't either.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If they are used then yes that is the case. If we used them before we will use them again, we just have to have a good enough excuse to use them. That's where ISIS comes in.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Okay...see we are on the same page here. Think I didn't understand where you were coming from. They are talented in arts and culture...but also, of late...in the sciences.

See the problem is we all think we are the same instead of embracing our individual differences

Asians happen to have minds that have more computational power Germans are talented engineers many African cultures are wet vibrant and connected to the earth and have wonderful art

Middle easterners are devout and religious Indians are open minded spiritualist

I mean the list goes on

Just because Germans basically invent the entire modern world doesn't mean they are better it just means they are better at technology

End this narrow minded bull# immediately

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Do you believe that Papuans failed to get to the moon first because of some inherent deficiency in the people themselves? Did an Anglo New Zealander split the atom instead of a Kpella from Liberia because he was just better by birth?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Obvious public school education is obvious.

Oh yeah?

Please list a time period during human civilization where we have seen such a rapid advancement in technology as we have world wide in the last 100 years?

I'll be waiting.

Technology tends to advance exponentially, so the last 100 years will always lay claim to the most rapid advancement, whether we're talking about now or 1,000 years from now. And increasingly, technology is being advanced in a multi-cultural, multi-national manner, with major contributions from China and India. This will only increase as time goes on.

Sorry but I'm not buying into the white people are bad, western culture is bad, Christianity is bad racist BS coming from the left.

There is no need for you to apologize for "not buying into the white people are bad" arguments, especially not to me, especially since nothing I said even remotely involves such a notion.

None of this is about whites. Look at the dialogue posted by the MOD. The MSNBC host tried to make it about race, as liberals usually do, just like the embarrassing MOD did, but King's claim is actually about Western Civilization and Christianity, neither of which have F all to do with race or color of skin. There's people of all shades who are both part of the West and follow Christianity.

And this MOD missed an opportunity to actually have a decent conversation about the West's contributions to society at large compared to the contributions of others, as he was too busy pulling the race card and claiming "white supremacy".

I don't pay much attention to politics, as I have developed much disdain for it over the years, from both of the major parties, and from politicians in general.

So what I'm about to say isn't about Republicans or Democrats, or MSNBC, or any of the other things that are typical talking points in political threads.

But if you look at the actual conversation in question, it does appear to involve King's idea of what "white people" contributed.

"If you're really optimistic, you can say that this is the last time that old white people will command the Republican Party's attention, its platform, its public face," Pierce said. "That hall is wired," he continued. "That hall is wired by loud, unhappy, dissatisfied white people."

King objected.

"This 'old white people' business does get a little tired, Charlie," King said. "I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you're talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

"Than white people?" Hayes asked, clearly amazed.

"Than, than Western civilization itself," King replied. "It's rooted in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world. That's all of Western civilization."

The other panelists objected, with Hayes trying to keep the peace. Panelist April Ryan, who is black, asked, "What about Asia? What about Africa?"

So while King does circle the wagons to include "Western civilization itself," he clearly starts the conversation out as a defense of "old white people."

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I still don't see your point. Taxes pay for our welfare point blank. Are you seriously trying to argue against that?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If they are used then yes that is the case. If we used them before we will use them again, we just have to have a good enough excuse to use them. That's where ISIS comes in.

ISIS is not deterred by nukes. They are an Islamo-fascist death cult committing genocide. The international community agreed at the 2005 world summit to intervene in cases of genocide. Should we not intervene?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

You can't deny that if king wasn't white this thread would have never been create

*OT Snipped*

I'm seriously disappointed
edit on 7/19/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Be good if you could change skin like you can on mindcraft then we could just talk about the validity of facts without succumbing to the snare of professional victimhood.

Or in other words, Caesar cared not for skin color so we shouldn't either.

Something so arbitrary as race has become the security blanket and lullaby of western masochists. It's profound.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Nukes don't deter America either because we have the most. Nukes have not deterred war even a little bit. Wasn't that your argument, that it stifled war? Because recent history shows that to be wrong.

Nukes are capable of causing extinction if used on a wide enough scale, so yes they have put us on a trajectory for extinction.
edit on 7/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
a reply to: Christosterone

Do you believe that Papuans failed to get to the moon first because of some inherent deficiency in the people themselves? Did an Anglo New Zealander split the atom instead of a Kpella from Liberia because he was just better by birth?

I made no reference to any deficiency…
I simply made a request which I will again...
Remind me who achieved the greatest feet in the history of man, walking on the moon?
Remind me who achieved the second greatest feet in the history of mankind, splitting the atom?

And FYI, inherent IQ is probably the best barometer for a races intellectual prowess and its potential for wildly successful advances in technology and societal formation..
Japanese people currently possess the highest inherent IQ yet they did not walk on the moon or split the atom until given the tools to do so by America, the light of the high West..

So, with their superior inherent IQ, what stopped them from achieving these monumental achievements prior to America?

The simple answer is Western civilization is based upon the Judeo-Christian ethos and after the mighty Roman Empire fell, a thousand years of darkness and barbarity saw the West socially evolve our sensibilities to a new, scientific and social minded ethos...
We have arrived at a place where the high west's sensibilities are incompatible with radical Islamo-fascism or inquisition era Spain's Christianity...and our incompatibility exists in tandem with an inability to understand an archaic, barbaric culture rooted in a cult of death because we long since evolved out of that stage of social and technological evolution before any ATS members were born.

We have long since lost the ability to fight a Stone Age foe rooted in a cult of death and in total service to their magic moon God in the sky…
We of the west value our life and value the lives of others and seek to be good and right because that is what we are inherently programmed to be as Homo sapiens...

-Christosterone
edit on 19-7-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What is controversial about the quote in OP?

I didn't read the article because it links to Huff Post and that's not a real news source for accurate information. However, I don't see anything in OP's quote that is wrong. There's nothing mentioned about skin color in there either. You didn't know that non-whites have been participating in western civilization and building it along with everyone else? Sounds like you are the racist one, OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Nukes don't deter America either because we have the most. Nukes have not deterred war even a little bit. Want that your argument, that it stifled war? Because recent history shows that to be wrong.

No he isn't wrong.

Nukes have deterred conventional warfare.

Asymmetric warfare on the other hand can not be deterred.

Such as ISIS, and other Islmao fascists.

Who are muslim supremacists.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Nations that might be considered great powers, which once warred regularly, have had an extended period of peace, colonial wars have all but disappeared, and the most common form of warfare now is civil war, which is less deadly than major conflicts.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

See the problem is we all think we are the same instead of embracing our individual differences

Asians happen to have minds that have more computational power Germans are talented engineers many African cultures are wet vibrant and connected to the earth and have wonderful art

Middle easterners are devout and religious Indians are open minded spiritualist

I mean the list goes on

Just because Germans basically invent the entire modern world doesn't mean they are better it just means they are better at technology

End this narrow minded bull# immediately

Oh yes, exactly right. Time to end this narrow minded BS and give credit where credit is due. Well thought out OneQuestion.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Only white people are Christians

Except millions of black peoples who are also western Christians

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join