It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Im sorry but this thread is not about a false claim of white supremecy which is not made at all in the video.

This thread is an attack on white people, western culture and christianity.

*OT Snipped*

God what the hell is going on here.

You can't even talk positively about your own culture anymore if your white without being torn down as a racist I'm sick of it.
edit on 7/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Allow me to apologize. I'm sorry for being white.

Oh man so frelling useless.
Being white ain't what you need be apologizing for.
Damn

K~

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I don't need to apologize for a damn thing.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

claim victim hood

Yes because they're still not being victimized by the racist attitudes of the majority.

K~

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Well to this I say, perhaps the reasons blacks did not make a big impact on progress (tho it can not be denied that they made some impacts) way back is that they were kept down by us whites, not allowed education or ability to progress until...what...50 years ago. Much progress has been made in part of the black community since then, once we whites allowed it.

This man's thoughts may or may not be well intended but I think he speaks from ignorance and a limited perspective.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Forget cars, space technology, computers all bad.

I suppose since white people are responsible for the majority of those things then we should demonize them correct?

You don't enjoy any of those advancements do you?

White people aren't to blame for the world's issues but it has been proven that along the way to this new world, a lot of destruction has been done.

You assume that the native of whatever land has been invaded is better off but you don't know that. Maybe the people would have gotten there on their own or maybe they were happy about the way their life was and would have continued on that path.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
source

Colossus was the name of a series of computers developed by British codebreakers in 1943-1945 to help in the cryptanalysis of the Lorenz cipher. Colossus used thermionic valves (vacuum tubes) and thyratrons to perform Boolean and counting operations. Colossus is thus regarded[1] as the world's first programmable, electronic, digital computer, although it was programmed by plugs and switches and not by a stored program.

Is it racist that white British people invent the computer to break Nazi codes to defeat the Nazi's during ww2?

source

Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program in which more than 1,500 Germans[1] primarily scientists but also engineers and technicians, were brought to the United States from Nazi Germany for government employment starting in 1945 and increasing in the aftermath of World War II.[2] It was conducted by the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA) and in the context of the burgeoning Cold War. One purpose of Operation Paperclip was to deny German scientific expertise and knowledge to the Soviet Union[2] and the United Kingdom,[3] as well as to inhibit post-war Germany from redeveloping its military research capabilities. A related course of action was taken by the US with regard to Japanese human experimenters employed from Unit 731. The Soviet Union had the somewhat similar yet much more limited Operation Osoaviakhim.[4]

is racist that the Germans and Russians are responsible for rocketry and modern space travel??

source

Karl Friedrich Benz (German: [kaɐ̯l ˈfʁiːdʁɪç ˈbɛnts] About this sound listen (help·info); November 25, 1844 – April 4, 1929) was a German engine designer and automobile engineer. His Benz Patent Motorcar from 1885 is considered the first practical motorcar. He received a patent for the Motorcar on January 29, 1886.

was Karl Benz a racist because he made one of the most valuable contributions to modern society in the history of mankind???

Are these programs racist because they were mostly invent and advanced by Germans?

These are the 3 things that have changed our society the most.

I guess I'm a racist for pointing that out though right?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Are you referring to black people in the US?

Black people in the US AND THEIR UNDENIABLE CONTRIBUTIONS are part of western civilization, genius.

edit on 18-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
well he didn't say white people like that angry young mans...er i mean woman's little brother tried to pin him down with.
he said civilization.

true the chinese had their time, the muslims had their time, the romans had their time. and the greeks had theirs.
but much and the most significance advancements have come in the last half of the 19th and during the 20th century mainly from the west.

people were still riding horses in the first half of the 20th century.
hell my both of parents didn't have a real refrigerator, or TV in my grandparents home until the late 50's. hell they even had outhouses in the city limits for all of their preteen and most of their teen life in their homes.

all that is due to western technology making things, better and cheaper as time went on.

edit on 18-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: liveandlearn

Are you referring to black people in the US?

Black people in the US AND THEIR UNDENIABLE CONTRIBUTIONS are part of western civilization, genius.

Oh no no western civilization is ONLY white people it doesn't include the rest of the demographics in the mostly open cultures of western society.

why?

because a white person said it duhhhhh!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Well to this I say, perhaps the reasons blacks did not make a big impact on progress (tho it can not be denied that they made some impacts) way back is that they were kept down by us whites, not allowed education or ability to progress until...what...50 years ago. Much progress has been made in part of the black community since then, once we whites allowed it.

This man's thoughts may or may not be well intended but I think he speaks from ignorance and a limited perspective.

why dont you go ahead and give a summation of slavery throughout human history for perspective?

i wonder what that would look like...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Yes, blacks in the US. I know they have made contributions without doubt. I just can't recall the specifics way back, thus my limited mention.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No one should be "proud" to be a certain race, pride is something that should stem from something earned. You didn't earn being white, you were randomly selected.

This guy is an idiot, all races and cultures have contributed to our current civilization, not just white people. I'm not sure what he's so proud of honestly, he's a slimy politician who lies for a living, that's nothing to be proud of and what other people have done before him doesn't somehow raise him up on a pedestal.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
well he didn't say white people like that angry young mans...er i mean woman's little brother tried to pin him down with.
he said civilization.

true the chinese had their time, the muslims had their time, the romans had their time. and the greeks had theirs.
but much and the most significance advancements have come in the last half of the 19th and during the 20th century mainly from the west.

people were still riding horses in the first half of the 20th century.
hell my both of parents didn't have a real refrigerator, or TV in my grandparents home until the late 50's. hell they even had outhouses in the city limits for all of their preteen and most of their teen life in their homes.

all that is due to western technology making things, better and cheaper as time went on.

As the thread points out being proud of your heritage is no longer an attractive quality of white men.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
No one should be "proud" to be a certain race, pride is something that should stem from something earned. You didn't earn being white, you were randomly selected.

This guy is an idiot, all races and cultures have contributed to our current civilization, not just white people. I'm not sure what he's so proud of honestly, he's a slimy politician who lies for a living, that's nothing to be proud of and what other people have done before him doesn't somehow raise him up on a pedestal.

I'm wondering if a black person or Asian Indian person was saying exactly the same thing how would this thread be playing out???

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I didn't see one mention of race or white supremacy only culture.

Click-bait with a side of spin.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I see people complaining about black people being proud of being black, but once the shoe is on the other foot it's all fine and dandy for some reason. Wonder why that is? It couldn't be some racism/bigotry seeping through the cracks, nooooo.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

The problem I see with the notion of 'institutional racism' and 'victim status' is that these are solution-less notions. What is the goal? Is a goal even quantifiable?

It's all in perception - after all, who is to atone for these 'victims of the racist majority' in your opinion? How can you make this 'racist majority' atone for perceived wrong doings without infringing on the heir own rights?

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

He’s an ignorant white supremacist...and racist.

He doesn’t think that Europe was a basket case, when not Christianity but Masonic Hermitism that finally broke the spell of the church over free thought somewhat and allowed science to developed

Nor does he mention the crimes of Europe to get all their wealth

Nor that the Arabs were far ahead of Europe and translated the Greek classics so the Europeans could read them.

It’s nothing wrong with being proud of ones heritage but when they begin to say what he said (his race is superior to all others, its racism pure and simple.

ALL races have contributed to the advancement of humans.

In ancient times the African Egyptians were on Top

At that time there was no such thing as Europe nor did people even note skin color

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I see people complaining about black people being proud of being black, but once the shoe is on the other foot it's all fine and dandy for some reason. Wonder why that is? It couldn't be some racism/bigotry seeping through the cracks, nooooo.

When black people talk the same crap its also racism.

Its racism not because of being proud but when one claims superiority based on race or religion then its bigotry...pure and simple.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join