It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Rep. Steve King of Iowa, made a bold claim on MSNBC this afternoon about "western civilization."

Huffington Post

King: “I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you’re talking about. Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”

Host Chris Hayes: “Than white people?”

King: “Than Western civilization itself. It’s rooted in western Europe, eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world. That’s all of Western civilization.”

This man's knowledge of history is pathetic. Has he never heard of the Chinese (gunpowder) - The Islamic Golden age (math) Jesus - (famous person of color)?
edit on 18-7-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: formatting

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
why am I not surprised.

+42 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Leaders lead by example, they nominated *TRUMP*, enough said.

They're just following the tone set by their "Der Leader"

K~
edit on Mon Jul 18 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+56 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's not ok to be proud of being European or white without it being evil or racist is it???

Every single thing a white person says is racist.

Math is a big deal but let's be honest western culture has advanced civilization more rapidly in the past 100 years then the entire world has advanced technologically in thousands of years.

Weather white people or European people (did he even make that claim or was that put in his mouth?) are solely responsible for that I honestly haven't looked at the demographics but I would assume Asians and Germans are more responsible for advancements in technology than anyone.

*OT snipped*

edit on 7/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Obvious public school education is obvious.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Oh yeah?

Please list a time period during human civilization where we have seen such a rapid advancement in technology as we have world wide in the last 100 years?

I'll be waiting.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Math existed long before the 7th century- long before the muslims destoyed the education and discovery of ancient Persians, Greeks, Zoroastrians, Christians and Jews in the lands they conqured and devastated,

edit on 18-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Geometry was in fact the first and most advanced form of mathematics around for a long time.

It was the basis for many of our religions and mystery schools.

It was how they built Gobleki Tepli and other megalithic sites prior to the cataclysmic event that end the younger dryas.

I think everyone is quick to claim racist or ignorant whenever they feel they can stand on their moral high horses proving the GOP is racist.

Give me a freaking break.

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's not ok to be proud of being European or white without it being evil or racist is it??? Every single thing a white person says is racist.

I remember when pride actually meant something.
When one could be proud of a job well done or taking pride in overcoming difficult conditions or obstacles in ones existence.
You know actual accomplishments.

But noo, these days one can be proud for the accidental condition of their birth.
As though by just because of the color of their skin that they should be included in the accomplishments of all who have come before them.

What hubris, unmitigated gall, blind self aggrandizement, abject ignorance of history, culture, society!

White? Blanco please,, I'm "white" Italian, Irish & Dutch, I got a half brother that can grow an afro out to forever.
Lord know what's on the Dutch maybe some Asiatic influence from west of the Caucasus, who knows.
Point being you aint special or pure because you're "WHITE".

Now back to your vaulted Western Culture, most of Europe was a disease ridden cesspool during the dark & middle ages under the supremacy of your glorious christianity, while the middle east & west Mediterranean where heights of civilization so spare us the AB blather.

K~

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Oh wait...

Allow me to apologize.

I'm sorry for being white.

I am of Norweigan and Irish descent so allow me to especially apologize for the Noweigan side of my family.

I'm so sorry I am white.

I am sorry that Christianity made some bad choices and did a lot of bad things.

Feel better?

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It's not ok to be proud of being European or white without it being evil or racist is it???

Every single thing a white person says is racist.

Math is a big deal but let's be honest western culture has advanced civilization more rapidly in the past 100 years then the entire world has advanced technologically in thousands of years.

Weather white people or European people (did he even make that claim or was that put in his mouth?) are solely responsible for that I honestly haven't looked at the demographics but I would assume Asians and Germans are more responsible for advancements in technology than anyone.

I'm utterly dumbfounded that the moderators would create such an obvious race baiting thread especially with the recent surge of thread topics move to the recent forum page calling for civility and decorum and the massive surge in post deletion and ban threats being handed out on a daily basis.

All these supposed advances have had a price on our planet. So the European culture has destroyed much of the land and resources.

You're just viewing the world through eurocentric viewpoint.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh yeah?

Please list a time period during human civilization where we have seen such a rapid advancement in technology as we have world wide in the last 100 years?

I'll be waiting.

Technology tends to advance exponentially, so the last 100 years will always lay claim to the most rapid advancement, whether we're talking about now or 1,000 years from now. And increasingly, technology is being advanced in a multi-cultural, multi-national manner, with major contributions from China and India. This will only increase as time goes on.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Forget cars, space technology, computers all bad.

I suppose since white people are responsible for the majority of those things then we should demonize them correct?

You don't enjoy any of those advancements do you?

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I missed the "white supremacy" part so boldly claimed in the title.

Hoax bin material.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Oh wait...

Allow me to apologize.

I'm sorry for being white.

I am of Norweigan and Irish descent so allow me to especially apologize for the Noweigan side of my family.

I'm so sorry I am white.

I am sorry that Christianity made some bad choices and did a lot of bad things.

Feel better?

There's no need to apologize for being white. Nor need this particular politician apologize for being white. But he really ought to apologize for suggesting that you'd have to look hard to find contributions made from other cultures. It really was quite an ignorant thing for him to say.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Oh yeah?

I'll be waiting.

Technology tends to advance exponentially, so the last 100 years will always lay claim to the most rapid advancement, whether we're talking about now or 1,000 years from now. And increasingly, technology is being advanced in a multi-cultural, multi-national manner, with major contributions from China and India. This will only increase as time goes on.

Sorry but I'm not buying into the white people are bad, western culture is bad, Christianity is bad racist BS coming from the left.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh yeah?

I'll be waiting.

The base fundamentals are what enabled us to progress and learn further through these things we call science, mathematics, and language. Each one of those are inherent behind each and every technological advancement the human race has made over these past 100+ years.

And it's that very reason why what this guy said makes him the least sharpest knife in the drawer.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Just another day in the life of a Republican. Funny how they make racist comments but cry when you call them out on it saying they're only being anti PC.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You say it's not ok to be proud of one's heritage, or "accidental condition of the color of their skin at birth" and not ok to be proud of the accomplishments of others of the same color have achieved in the past.

With that same logic then, why is it acceptable for large grpups of people to claim victim hood based on what others of a similar color went through in centuries last, i.e. slavery?

I'm assuming you would denounce their pride and claims of heritage just as adamantly?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join