It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

This man's knowledge of history is pathetic. Has he never heard of the Chinese (gunpowder) - The Islamic Golden age (math) Jesus - (famous person of color)?

Gunpowder ? _ I think the world could have done better without that one
The Islamic Golden age (math) ? So the middle east invented math ? Better check history on that one. Astronomy maybe
Jesus ? Born of a Hebrew (you knew that , right ?) mother.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It’s not about pride but supremacy

My race or religion is better than yours intrinsically is the problematic attitude.

One could think that all they want but then that is what black people call the white supremacy syndrome.

That’s the same philosophy of ISIS, but hey use religion.

edit on 18-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It's not ok to be proud of being European or white without it being evil or racist is it???

Depends on the origin of that pride, really. It's kind of a big topic.

Every single thing a white person says is racist.

Well, Steve King seems to be that way. I dunno about all the other white people. Probably not. But Rep. King is definitely there.

Math is a big deal but let's be honest western culture has advanced civilization more rapidly in the past 100 years then the entire world has advanced technologically in thousands of years.

Technology is exponential. It builds on itself. The more technology you have, the faster you will advance technologically.

Weather white people or European people (did he even make that claim or was that put in his mouth?) are solely responsible for that I honestly haven't looked at the demographics but I would assume Asians and Germans are more responsible for advancements in technology than anyone.

Remember what I just said about technology building on itself? That's been true in many places across the world, at many points in history. It's happened in western Europe. It's happened in southeastern Europe. It's happened in Mesopotamia, Western Africa, Northern Africa, Persia, Mexico, Peru, India, and several places in Eastern Asia.

In every case, these "centers of advancement" are also the seats of empires. Why? Because of how empires work. They go out, take over some far-flung region, and bring the stuff they find back into the empire. This includes technology. And with all that technology gathered together in one place, it grows and expands.

...And sometimes contracts. The Christian Dark Ages shut down Rome's advances. The multiple sacks of Alexandria and Constantinople ruined the East's chances of picking it back up. Modern Islamic fundamentalism is burning down any pillars left standing in the middle east and North Africa. Chinese and Japanese rulers regularly issued degrees against technological innovation. Western African advances were ruined by conquest, and the American empires by a combination of conquest and depopulation. And don't get your hopes up - "Western Civilization's" advances are on the brink as well, seeing as out technology is wholly founded on nonrenewable resources and its dispersal is completely reliant on the acceptance of "Nation-State" as a valid political concept.

I'm utterly dumbfounded that the moderators would create such an obvious race baiting thread especially with the recent surge of thread topics move to the recent forum page calling for civility and decorum and the massive surge in post deletion and ban threats being handed out on a daily basis.

Might want to blame Steve King for that.
edit on 18-7-2016 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Gunpowder ? _ I think the world could have done better without that one

Aren't you pro-guns though?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I didn't see one mention of race or white supremacy only culture.

Click-bait with a side of spin.

I didn't either.

WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

The progenitors of EVERYTHING people around the world take for granted. MODERN CIVILIZATION.

Computers,internets, in dash vehicle navigation,putt man on the moon,star exploration,advances of modern medicines that people can change their birth sexes, to air travel.

Last time I checked GOP critics were cursing the inventions of guns, and gun powder.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Didn't white men kill the native people of the West and steal their land? Didn't white men use black men as slaves to help build Western Civilization? Seems to me Western Civilization would be nowhere without the genocide of an entire culture and the enslavement of minorities who did all the hard labor.

If we are going to look at the good shouldn't we also be taking the bad into consideration as well?
edit on 7/18/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The Greeks are amused at your misrepresentation of math's history. I am amused at the fact that you consider Jews to be people of color based on your position on Jesus. You're either overreacting about a throw away comment by King or intentionally trying to generate discord where less than the amount you seem to desire exists... not sure which, yet.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Didn't white men kill the native people and steak their land?
'

'Brown' people over in the middle east, and Asia sure did.

So did the 'black' people in Africa.

Didn't white men use black men as slaves to help build Western Civilization?

Black,brown, and asian's used slaves.

Seems to me Western Civilization would be nowhere without the genocide of an entire culture and the enslavement of minorities who did all the hard labor.

Same could be said for black,brown, and asian 'civilizations'

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What's your point? I never claimed they didn't, but the "great West" has a closet chock full of skeletons just like any other culture, so it's not as special or unique as some seem to believe.

The West would be nowhere without them taking and killing people from other parts of the world and other cultures, it was built on the backs and blood of others. That was my point, you must have missed it.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i am guessing you are speaking to me...sometimes it is hard to tell. I don't recall all the contributions of black history...sorry old person here. But I do know that most contributions were made after the end of slavery. i am also an old white women who refuted her deep southern roots grandmother at age twelve ( and only seen an occasional black person downtown) when i questioned her comment that blacks shouldn't go to school with whites. i was told by this 7th grade educated woman that we were better. I said why? They are just people like us.

I think everyone needs to remember...they (black people) are just people like we white people. It has taken them time to get to the same level of education.

Other than that...I don't know what you are asking of me. Just a simple human here

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Math is a big deal but let's be honest western culture has advanced civilization more rapidly in the past 100 years then the entire world has advanced technologically in thousands of years.

And we couldn't have done any of it without the Japan, China and India.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Eastern civilization has quite a few skeletons in their closet.

And hasn't really contributed that much in modern times.

The middle east?

Only two notable things; oil and terrorism.

Asian countries like the largest one. Just steal western tech and slaps a made in china label on them.

Not much of anything comes out of Africa except one of the worlds largest charity cases.

So back to FAUX outrage.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

He’s an ignorant white supremacist...and racist.

He doesn’t think that Europe was a basket case, when not Christianity but Masonic Hermitism that finally broke the spell of the church over free thought somewhat and allowed science to developed

Haven't fully agreed with you on a similar topic but you're right a pointing that out.

Nor does he mention the crimes of Europe to get all their wealth

Nor that the Arabs were far ahead of Europe and translated the Greek classics so the Europeans could read them.

It’s nothing wrong with being proud of ones heritage but when they begin to say what he said (his race is superior to all others, its racism pure and simple.

ALL races have contributed to the advancement of humans.

In ancient times the African Egyptians were on Top

At that time there was no such thing as Europe nor did people even note skin color

Correct all races, at various times. Egypt over the years and even in Ancient times, for example, was a melting pot.

link   

Ah, yes Europe and the Europeans. Beautiful land and people.

link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Black people have made plenty of contributions

I especially think they are talented in the arts and culture

Take hip hop music for example and look at African culture in many ways it is beautiful

Our minds operate on different frequencies and we all add to society in our own unique way I'm just pointing out bull# when I see it

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
To confuse western civilization and Christianity with white people is where the racism lies. He is exactly right. You anti-westerners are the problem, which is ironic given that you live in it, and would never live anywhere else. Western civilization is superior.
edit on 18-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, the Israelites of 1st-century Judea didn't look like Scarlet Johannsen and Jon Stewart. Sorry dude. Josh from Nazareth was pretty certain just as brown and fuzzy as the rest of the people living along the southeastern Mediterranean.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The most hilarious part is Christianity is most often associated with whites yet it comes from the Middle East and Jesus was a Palestinian

The hypocrisy is real

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Didn't white men kill the native people of the West and steal their land? Didn't white men use black men as slaves to help build Western Civilization? Seems to me Western Civilization would be nowhere without the genocide of an entire culture and the enslavement of minorities who did all the hard labor.

If we are going to look at the good shouldn't we also be taking the bad into consideration as well?

Some of the good that seems to be overlooked, thought not was all good in the treatment of people in the process. Immigrants and Emigrants build the railroads, etc., the backbone of the US. I live in what used to be a Sundown town in the Western US, so this wasn't only limited to the South as usually noted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join