It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

This is basically where my mind has been on this. It's as if random signs are signalling to us that something has happened, is happening or is soon to happen that is beyond our normal realm of perception.

I think this is definitely the situation, but the question is, what are its ramifications, and what are the intentions of whoever or whatever is behind it?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: tigertatzen

You watched Moonraker when it came out? So the person in the Image isn't you? I am pretty old and I wasn't even old enough to see it in 1979 (or if my parents took me I sure don't remember)...Did it not come out in 1979 in your reality?

Someone who would have seen it (unless mommy and daddy took them) in 1979 would be 51 or 52 now, right?

I'm 50 and I don't think I saw my first R-rated movie until ... 81 maybe?

Wierd, huh?

Replying to you because I can't find his post at all on the thread.

Yes, mommy and daddy took me in 1979. I am 44, nowhere near 51. I was eight years old and it was our first re-pat vacation to the States. It was acceptable to attend R rated films if you were with a parent. Still is. When you live in a country where everything is censored, you soak up as much as you can in the three months or less you get Stateside. It sucks but that was our way of life for years. I'm sure it's even worse over there now.

Thanks. I was wrong about the R-rating ... Moonraker is rated PG.

I was mistaken about this.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You watched Moonraker when it came out? So the person in the Image isn't you? I am pretty old and I wasn't even old enough to see it in 1979 (or if my parents took me I sure don't remember)...Did it not come out in 1979 in your reality?

Someone who would have seen it (unless mommy and daddy took them) in 1979 would be 51 or 52 now, right?

Wierd, huh?

Yes, mommy and daddy took me in 1979. I am 44, nowhere near 51. I was eight years old and it was our first re-pat vacation to the States. It was acceptable to attend R rated films if you were with a parent. Still is. When you live in a country where everything is censored, you soak up as much as you can in the three months or less you get Stateside. It sucks but that was our way of life for years. I'm sure it's even worse over there now.

I didn't even check, just took your word for it. My parents let us watch R rated films, so it seemed perfectly plausible. Maybe it was that rating at one point...like a director's cut?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: TravelleOn

Giza?? Okay. I looked. What do you think is different about it?

Thanks!

- AB

The central pyramid with some remaining additional casing stones at the top used to be the "great pyramid" and was distinctly larger than the other 2,however many images and computer renderings are now showing the northernmost pyramid to be the largest,and it is being called the "great pyramid".
If you look through the images of the complex you will find many showing the central pyramid to clearly be the larger,yet other images are showing the northernmost to be the largest..evidence for both scenarios.
I clearly remember the central one being the largest and the "great pyramid".
Also as some other people have noted,Cairo now seems way too close to the Giza plateau..i mean it's right smack dab up against it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TravelleOn

Thanks!

- AB

The central pyramid with some remaining additional casing stones at the top used to be the "great pyramid" and was distinctly larger than the other 2,however many images and computer renderings are now showing the northernmost pyramid to be the largest,and it is being called the "great pyramid".
If you look through the images of the complex you will find many showing the central pyramid to clearly be the larger,yet other images are showing the northernmost to be the largest..evidence for both scenarios.
Also as some other people have noted,Cairo now seems way too close to the Giza plateau..i mean it's right smack dab up against it.

Yep. You're right. The central one was the Great Pyramid. I still haven't looked, although I will soon. I honestly think I might start crying if I look...I hate crying. It gives me hiccups. So I'll look later.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Thanks!

- AB

Yep. You're right. The central one was the Great Pyramid. I still haven't looked, although I will soon. I honestly think I might start crying if I look...I hate crying. It gives me hiccups. So I'll look later.

Prepare your anti-hiccup techniques!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Wierd, huh?

I didn't even check, just took your word for it. My parents let us watch R rated films, so it seemed perfectly plausible. Maybe it was that rating at one point...like a director's cut?

There are different spots on the net in which the movie is Rated R (linked earlier). But the movie is and was rated PG.

Another one of those ... whatever-they-ares ...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I really wish that the comments about being "special" would stop. It's not true, and it's very degrading. No one here has said they think they're "special". There is nothing special about this. It's frightening, unsettling...lots of things, but special? No. Please, please stop. Ok?

Perhaps not you, but there has been post after post here in which folks have implied that "experiencers" are different somehow. More evolved, more "psychically aware" ... etc.

Whatever the "Mandela Effect(s)" are they are happening to all of us, for me, the reason actually is our very universal humanity ... i.e. we are susceptible because we are all "the same."

For my part ... I know you were responding to ray ...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

a reply to: Ruiner1978

I own the theatrical release of it on VHS, she does not have braces.

www.retro-daze.org...

Looks like she has a mouth full of metal to me...

At first look it does appear she has braces.. zoomed in not so much. So I cropped the photo from that site and it's still hard to tell:

I have a digital copy of Moonraker that I've had since 2012 so I grabbed this screen shot:

It would be interesting to me to see a screenshot from a VHS copy....

I remember her having braces,that was the whole point and crux of the scene..boy with metal teeth meets girl with metal braces and they hit it off!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The point of the scene was that Jaws and Dolly were not the "perfect human specimens" that Drax was working to "create a world for."

At least, in the version I saw. But there are (as pointed out earlier) published sites that refer to Dolly having braces (that have nothing to do with the "Mandela(s)" - in fact, they're Bond fansites.

For whatever reason, the belief that Dolly has braces is common.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Anyone remember how the Sara Lee slogan went? I remember "Nobody does it like Sara Lee", but it's actually "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee" which absolutely makes no sense at all.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's a matter of perspective from the way that photographs are generally taken of the Pyramids.

The "center" one (Khafre) looks taller, and has the notable light colored area at the top.

The largest one (considerably wider/more massive but only a few feet taller) is Khufu, or The Great Pyramid.

I have made the same mistake because in most pictures Khafre looks taller and wider (again, perspective).

edit on 7-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaVillen
Anyone remember how the Sara Lee slogan went? I remember "Nobody does it like Sara Lee", but it's actually "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee" which absolutely makes no sense at all.

Full slogan: "Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee,"

It's bad grammar, and that's why I remember it.

Classic Sara Lee commercial:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

it seems all my other pictures are still there, even a subalbum i have for ebay from years ago where i sold a bunch of video games and accessories (rip).

i don't think i was hacked, it's just weird if i deleted them to do so individually and not just trash the whole subalbum.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The point of the scene was that Jaws and Dolly were not the "perfect human specimens" that Drax was working to "create a world for."

At least, in the version I saw. But there are (as pointed out earlier) published sites that refer to Dolly having braces (that have nothing to do with the "Mandela(s)" - in fact, they're Bond fansites.

What many of us here are relating are our clear distinct memories and experiences of people,events,places,words,names and logo's etc,which for us have changed.
They are different to how we clearly and definitely recall them.
To clarify,it is not an issue of belief.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

What many of us here are relating are our clear distinct memories and experiences of people,events,places,words,names and logo's etc,which for us have changed.
They are different to how we clearly and definitely recall them.
To clarify,it is not an issue of belief.

... and what just as many are relating are memories that they realize after due consideration are simply mistaken ... that the only sense of something having "changed" is based on confusion because clear, objective, real-world evidence demonstrates that a given memory is simply mistaken ... and further, that the classification of all such mistakes, miscues, and such under the heading "Mandela Effect(s)" is a sociological phenomenon rather than an interdimensional or transtemporal one.

There is obviously more than one understanding of "the Mandela Effect(s)."

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This thread is giving me the creeps, something is definitely going on.
I thought I would share my own two cents, as long as I could remember the mall in my town opened until 9pm Wednesday through Friday. One night after work I got changed and drove to the mall but everywhere was closed. At first I thought it was a holiday or something but when I got home and explained this to my wife she looked at me as if I was crazy and said the mall opens to 8pm Wednesday through Friday.....and always has.
Now this may not seem like much but it bugged the hell outta me as I am positive about this. Some of my friends are in agreement and others are not.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It's a matter of perspective from the way that photographs are generally taken of the Pyramids.

The "center" one (Khafre) looks taller, and has the notable light colored area at the top.

The largest one (considerably wider/more massive but only a few feet taller) is Khufu, or The Great Pyramid.

I have made the same mistake because in most pictures Khafre looks taller and wider (again, perspective).

Many of us remember the central pyramid as having been the one referred to as the "Great Pyramid" and it was clearly the largest by far,it's image was used on the cover of many books and other media about the "Great Pyramid".
Many,many tourists took photo's of themselves in front of the central pyramid to commemorate their trip to the "Great Pyramid".
Expert teams gathered to examine specifically the "Great Pyramid" via X-rays and other means,took commemorative group photographs of the team in front of the CENTRAL pyramid,not the northernmost one.
Photographic perspective does not neatly explain this away.
edit on 7/5/2016 by TravelleOn because: Typo

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finnmac
This thread is giving me the creeps, something is definitely going on.
I thought I would share my own two cents, as long as I could remember the mall in my town opened until 9pm Wednesday through Friday. One night after work I got changed and drove to the mall but everywhere was closed. At first I thought it was a holiday or something but when I got home and explained this to my wife she looked at me as if I was crazy and said the mall opens to 8pm Wednesday through Friday.....and always has.
Now this may not seem like much but it bugged the hell outta me as I am positive about this. Some of my friends are in agreement and others are not.

Are you able to go back to any older newspapers or other publications (maybe at a local library) to see if advertisements or announcements of local events actually recorded the times of operating hours for the mall?

I know a lot of times these things can be scary, but actually touching base with such "records" can sometimes, for some people, help restore a sense of order to the world.

Best of luck to you, either way.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Did the Great Pyramid have a lighter space at the top?

PS: No one is trying to "explain" anything away, merely making observations about actual evidence. Do you have links to reports or testimony of the "many, many" people who share your memories of which Pyramid was which? Any link to these books? Any evidence at all other than your recollection? If so, please share them.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Notedx

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join