It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

I am actually coming to respect the skill level/advanced psychological manipulation that you have calculated in order to keep this going for dozens of pages with not only a few people, but many. You have an amazing ability to continually antagonize just to the point that people feel the need to continue to reply, but not quite to the point where it can be considered "trolling."

Exactly right. Their technique relies on cutting away any showing of humanity, with the sole exception of snide humour or sarcasm. This keeps you disconnected from them, just doubtful enough about them that you will reply, in hopes of reaching them. Each time they plead ignorance to where you are coming from (as a 'misinterpretation' of what was said, drawing false conclusions about you, or flat out putting words in your mouth.) They seem particularly skilled at figuring out your morals and using them against you. If you are an introspective sort, they will entice you to consider if you are being unfairly rude or one-sided in your arguments. If you are all about knowledge and honesty, they will try to find a subject you are weak in and make you feel stupid and dishonest. If you are well educated in a certain field, they will attempt to pick at what you think you know.

You have nothing to latch onto with them however because they reveal so little about themselves. You really can only comment on their tactics, with only guesses as to who they really are and why they bother.
edit on 7-5-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I caught this story on my Twitter feed yesterday from WIRED. It's about AI being built by Facebook which builds AI because they say AI is hard to build. Anyone who looks at the story might understand why I am posting it in this thread or anyone who looks at the story might think I'm nuts and not see a connection.

I'm posting the link because of the implications. No, it doesn't explain every incongruity brought up in this thread but it may be food for thought in that a person remembers something being a certain way in their physical life and then goes on the Internet to find nothing of the sort, well....

This is just Facebook and this is just what has been made public in one article.

Facebook is Building AI that builds AI

Deep neural networks are remaking the Internet.

edit on 7-5-2016 by tweetie because: Nothing major.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Orborus

Are you saying these are personal changes for yourself? Or are you noting them for others?

Because, body parts, particularly genitalia, vary considerably from person to person.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

He's using some very primitive and simplistic hypnotic techniques ... if I'm not mistaken, certainly at the very beginning.

I'm desperately trying to avoid using any phrasing that suggests that anyone or anything being referenced here is not sane.

... but I can certainly see what you mean in regard to this video.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

I thought his eyes were blue.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

And that's really the question we haven't been asking here: WHY?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Finnmac

Thanks for sharing

It's like how the American Thanksgiving used to be held the third Thursday in November, now it's the fourth Thursday. I actually remember this because I have a close friend who is American and each year she'd tell me that Americans celebrate it at this time each year. But last year, or maybe the year before, this changed.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
I caught this story on my Twitter feed yesterday from WIRED. It's about AI being built by Facebook which builds AI because they say AI is hard to build. Anyone who looks at the story might understand why I am posting it in this thread or anyone who looks at the story might think I'm nuts and not see a connection.

I'm posting the link because of the implications. No, it doesn't explain every incongruity brought up in this thread but it may be food for thought in that a person remembers something being a certain way in their physical life and then goes on the Internet to find nothing of the sort, well....

This is just Facebook and this is just what has been made public in one article.

Facebook is Building AI that builds AI

Deep neural networks are remaking the Internet.

I have to admit, my first visceral reaction to this is extraordinary discomfort. I do not think you are nuts for making the connection between the implications of this article and what we are discussing.

However, I'm also fairly aware of the informatics already at work in social network data gathering and processing because of the work my partner does ... so, in fact, I'd say similar activities have already been going on for years ...

Is your thought that these AI neural nets are changing information stored on the internet somehow?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: whatsecret

Yes, several text editors auto correct Berenstain to Berenstein or Bernstein depending on the editor.

I just checked again and it's "Berenstain" now. What is happening to me?! Reverse Mandela effect?!?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Many of us remember the central pyramid as having been the one referred to as the "Great Pyramid" and it was clearly the largest by far,it's image was used on the cover of many books and other media about the "Great Pyramid".

Yes, the Great Pyramid is enormous, far larger than any of the other pyramids around it. They are all quite small by comparison. Hence it's called 'the Great Pyramid.' Its name wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

I glanced at some pics earlier but I got kind of annoyed and moved on. I saw some pics looking up at the Great Pyramid that look alright, but others have three pyramids with the central one being just a little bigger. The middle one cannot be the Great Pyramid, so I chose to assume it was the wrong picture. It was the wrong picture, right?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Congress Establishes Thanksgiving 1941William McKinley, Proclamation of Thanksgiving, November 29, 1900

The American Presidency Project

Further ...

First nation-wide Thanksgiving was proclaimed on November 26, 1789 by George Washington.The contemporary date of fourth Thursday of November was set in 1941 by federal legislation.

and ... just to follow up on that final bit ... National Archives - Congress Establishes Thanksgiving

On September 28, 1789, just before leaving for recess, the first Federal Congress passed a resolution asking that the President of the United States recommend to the nation a day of thanksgiving. A few days later, President George Washington issued a proclamation naming Thursday, November 26, 1789 as a "Day of Publick Thanksgivin" - the first time Thanksgiving was celebrated under the new Constitution. Subsequent presidents issued Thanksgiving Proclamations, but the dates and even months of the celebrations varied. It wasn't until President Abraham Lincoln's 1863 Proclamation that Thanksgiving was regularly commemorated each year on the last Thursday of November.

In 1939, however, the last Thursday in November fell on the last day of the month. Concerned that the shortened Christmas shopping season might dampen the economic recovery, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a Presidential Proclamation moving Thanksgiving to the second to last Thursday of November. As a result of the proclamation, 32 states issued similar proclamations while 16 states refused to accept the change and proclaimed Thanksgiving to be the last Thursday in November. For two years two days were celebrated as Thanksgiving - the President and part of the nation celebrated it on the second to last Thursday in November, while the rest of the country celebrated it the following week. To end the confusion, Congress decided to set a fixed-date for the holiday. On October 6, 1941, the House passed a joint resolution declaring the last Thursday in November to be the legal Thanksgiving Day.

edit on 7-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Almost caught up but I need sleep...

My body's gonna kill me in the morning.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: Finnmac

Thanks for sharing

It's like how the American Thanksgiving used to be held the third Thursday in November, now it's the fourth Thursday. I actually remember this because I have a close friend who is American and each year she'd tell me that Americans celebrate it at this time each year. But last year, or maybe the year before, this changed.

See above. This one is fairly well documented.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That was rather trippy!! I had to laugh.

I'm not sure of what else to comment at the moment.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Blastoff

That's the year when I saw time go back 3 hours right before my eyes.

Wow, that's incredible.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, that's what I think. I'm glad you can see the connection I can see. (Lol!!) I think they are remaking "reality" via AI and the internet because I've watched for years how actual thinking, experiencing and learning, and learning from hands-on experience (what I grew up with), is being replaced with Googling in many people's lives, especially the younger generations.

My reaction to the article was queasiness but anytime I come across mention of AI I feel queasy. It goes against my grain in a huge way!!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, that's what I think. I'm glad you can see the connection I can see. (Lol!!) I think they are remaking "reality" via AI and the internet because I've watched for years how actual thinking, experiencing and learning, and learning from hands-on experience (what I grew up with), is being replaced with Googling in many people's lives, especially the younger generations.

My reaction to the article was queasiness but anytime I come across mention of AI I feel queasy. It goes against my grain in a huge way!!

I can sympathize.

Just to be specific, you think that these AI efforts are actually creating the CHANGES some folks are experiencing?

I'm not being pedantic, I just want to make sure I understand what you mean specifically.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone.. I'm at page 78, so I have a bit of catching up to do, glad the thread is still moving along nicely.

I just wondered if anyone would like to take a look at a thread I just authored, over in Philosophy & Metaphysics, per the following link:

Dimensional Jumping & the Mandela Effect - yes, no, maybe..?

I was fascinated by the discussions at a certain Sub-Reddit '982', and it got me thinking further (in a slightly different direction) about the subject at hand. Specifically, I have become fixated on this concept of 'Dimensional Jumping', which is essentially creating your own 'Mandela Effect' changes to Reality, by utilising simple psychological/magickal techniques. Have a look, and please join in if you like, everyone is most welcome. Hopefully discussion will precede cautious & responsible experimentation - that's what I aim for personally, anyway.

Catch up soon,

FITO.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

You just reminded me of an episode of 'Person of Interest' which I recorded from my SKY TV subscription, here in the UK, and watched with my wife yesterday (May 6th). As we watched, there was a scene in which the enemy of the good guys is being interrogated by a sort-of bad guy, and reveals that the super-intelligent, advanced, and downright evil AI entity called 'Samaritan', will implement a 'Correction' on May 6th. We had a serious WTF moment, being as it was May 6th, and I've been talking about reality manipulation here on ATS in the past week or so. Very freaky.

edit on MaySaturday1615CDT01America/Chicago-050058 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

He's using some very primitive and simplistic hypnotic techniques ... if I'm not mistaken, certainly at the very beginning.

I'm desperately trying to avoid using any phrasing that suggests that anyone or anything being referenced here is not sane.

... but I can certainly see what you mean in regard to this video.

Oh, Hey Gryph...long time, no talk.

Yeah, i picked up on the hypnotic thing. Not a very good technique.

Why avoid calling a spade a spade? Dude sounds like he's mental.

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join