It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Eyes. Whites.

In some of your pics it looked to me like the mouth had been reshaped.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

So.... what insights has this thread had?

Is this really the 'mandela effect'?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"In the course of a successful reading, the psychic may provide most of the words, but it is the client that provides most of the meaning and all of the significance." --Ian Rowland

Honest seekers have to guard against any techniques that obfuscate the truth.
edit on 6-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

She had braces on in that first pic despite how grainy the photo is. I'd know metal braces anywhere.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

She had braces on in that first pic despite how grainy the photo is. I'd know metal braces anywhere.

Well ... there's this:

Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."

Universal Exports - The Home of James Bond 007

but then, there's also this ...

Dolly

Who she is: A blonde girl with huge glasses and pigtails, she is probably a tourist. She helps Jaws dig out of the wreckage of the cable car station. They instantly fall in love. Hugo Drax apparently allowed her to be part of his "master race", as she travelled to his space station along with Jaws.

James Bond Wiki

So ... maybe it was the bad quality of VHS at one point? I saw the movie on VHS and I do remember "braces" ... but they aren't there in some photos and in the DVD release.

Optical illusion? Sympathy with Jaws?

That's a weird one for sure.
edit on 6-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Moonraker is rated PG. I saw it shortly after my 13th birthday with my dad. What's weird?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie It looked that way to me as well when I first looked at it. Still not completely sure though.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I would say some of it falls under that heading going by what I've seen in this thread alone which is what I've mostly focused on and not other threads at ATS or elsewhere.

Some of the contributors to this thread chalk up all or most examples to faulty memory but I think something more is going on. That's where I'm at with all of it so far.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I had the metal braces which covered more of each tooth but she had the more abbreviated, wire ones which aren't as noticeable from a distance.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
Moonraker is rated PG. I saw it shortly after my 13th birthday with my dad. What's weird?

I remember it as being rated R because of the floating sex scene at the end ... and ... it shows as such in some places like ... Roger Ebert.com

... but apparently it's rated PG (and was at release).

The ending originally caused the film to be rated R, but after some work it was reduced to PG.

From universalexports.net

So ... I'm confused. I guess my memory is worse than I thought.

Another Source for the PG Rating
edit on 6-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I had the metal braces which covered more of each tooth but she had the more abbreviated, wire ones which aren't as noticeable from a distance.

Maybe she was wearing a retainer?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

unless the TPTB are just making doing some trials to see how well it works before committing to the main event...

If it means anything, I am only experiencing ME in relation to things like books, music, news stories, etc., but so far nothing from my personal life. Memory is fallible, it's been proven, and is that what the whole basis of ME is built on? Could there be some kind of gaslighting by unknown person or persons to destabilize us? People would be quite easy to influence if they doubted their every recollection was wrong.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

originally posted by: schmae
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

unless the TPTB are just making doing some trials to see how well it works before committing to the main event...

If it means anything, I am only experiencing ME in relation to things like books, music, news stories, etc., but so far nothing from my personal life. Memory is fallible, it's been proven, and is that what the whole basis of ME is built on? Could there be some kind of gaslighting by unknown person or persons to destabilize us? People would be quite easy to influence if they doubted their every recollection was wrong.

This is actually a viable explanation in some cases as well. Sort of the converse on what I've been accused of doing in this thread. Forces at work not to deny ME... But to enhance it.

/nods

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I remember it as being rated R because of the floating sex scene at the end ... and ... it shows as such in some places like ... Roger Ebert.com

I remember it as the first PG movie I ever saw. Yes, it certainly is odd that Roger Ebert of all people would have it as "R" on his website. Unless, that is, it's a different version....unedited for the PG rating...
same runtime as the theater release...yep, weird

edit on 5/6/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more info

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You found an interesting discrepancy concerning the braces.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Could there be some kind of gaslighting by unknown person or persons to destabilize us?

I've been keeping that idea on the 'back burner'. But as an alternative explanation, I think it is not only the most viable, but the most likely as well.

And this:

People would be quite easy to influence if they doubted their every recollection was wrong.
would answer the "why".

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie
there is also these two points made on a missed joke website:

We were expecting braces but they weren't there.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

prince looks evil and demonic on those pics ??
for me he just looks silly - but it is considered cool i guess...
but evil ? "demonic" ? must be a joke ? not sure where you are going with all of this...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
are there any recent examples ?

because if all of the examples are from peoples childhood or 30 years ago, its obviously just a memory issue

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
are there any recent examples ?

because if all of the examples are from peoples childhood or 30 years ago, its obviously just a memory issue

all are memory issues, every single one. we have only memory data and then we have discussion if it's faulty or not. I'll point out couple strong ones;

- Bible lord prayer, Matthew 6:5-15 AND Luke 11:1-13 now both have 'debts' instead of 'sins'
- Koreas location, I understand faulty memory like 100 miles not 1500 miles
- Human anatomy, location of kidneys, heart, stomach. Size of liver.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join