It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

My first impression was he's been made to look demonic, evil.

Let me add for perspective's sake, I wasn't a Prince fan so I'm not familiar with all of the nuances concerning him.
edit on 6-5-2016 by tweetie because: added commentary

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: summerbreeze.ddp

I am a big Prince fan and I must have sung his song "Lets Go Crazy" a million times. You know you do something that many times it is not a memory problem. I remember singing "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to CELEBRATE this thing called life." Now when I look it up it says something completely different. the lyrics say "To GET THRU this thing called life." That is not what I grew up singing.

See, mine is different entirely. I grew up singing "get thru" and "afterworld". It's the last line of the spoken part. "So if the elevator tries to break you down, go crazy. Punch Aisle Floor." That's not it anymore.

Now it's something different. And I know it's different, because a couple of years ago, I copied and pasted the lyrics from a YouTube video that had a scanned copy of the album insert posted in the comments into a facebook status.

It was also the album version of the song, not the abbreviated version from the movie. I can no longer locate that video and I used to have it on my favorites. Also, the status disappeared. My friends remember it too, because I was posting lyrics and everyone had to identify the song.

One friend says he's pretty sure it's still on his old account on his wall, but he can't remember what email he used and is locked out of his account. He's trying to open it for other reasons but if he can find the post, it has the copyright disclaimer at the bottom of the lyrics.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

the problem is that the WW-Z ` 10th man ` premise = utter bollox - if its failings need to be explained to you - give up now

I don't get it and you are correct. But unless you can come to my house and kill me...I won't give up.

CAN YOU KILL ME? DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?

Don't underestimate who you are talking to. For all you know I can find you. You talk tough behind that keyboard huh...
edit on 6-5-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the problem is that the WW-Z ` 10th man ` premise = utter bollox - if its failings need to be explained to you - give up now

I don't get it and you are correct. But unless you can come to my house and kill me...I won't give up.

CAN YOU KILL ME? DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?

Don't underestimate who you are talking to. For all you know I can find you. You talk tough behind that keyboard huh...

Wha?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

People like to talk tough around here. Firgured I might as well jump in.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
a reply to: Gryphon66

People like to talk tough around here. Firgured I might as well jump in.

Ah.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
sometimes it seems like we cant discuss this well because we are to stuck in our egos. i sure cant really put in words what i´m thinking about all this... lol

but i kinda enjoy the ride...

edit on 6-5-2016 by glowdog because: added smthg

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For my part it is not and has not been about who's "right" here. I've merely provided the simplest explanation that works ... that accounts for all the facts I am able to ascertain. "10th Man" is a literary variation on the Devil's Advocate method ... it assures that overwhelming FACTS are not ignored in an emotional/popular rush to come to a certain conclusion (originated in the Roman Catholic Church's process for beatification/sainthood).

However, you're underestimating the "fantastic" explanation crowd ... their position is unassailable, because IF the universe that THEY came from was different than THIS ONE that we all find ourselves in ... there is no counter-evidence possible for that claim.

I cannot prove (without access to, you know, standard reality and common scientific knowledge) that someone hasn't "shifted" universes, timelines, or that they aren't being tested by "God."

It is very complex to prove a negative if not impossible without reference to logical standards.

I can only say what I have said.

I appreciate you explaining to me this. Thanks. You've been a big help in my understanding of some of the perspectives that need to be taken into consideration regarding ME.

Not unlike that ignorant_ape who told me to just give up coz I didn't understand the failings of the 10th man concept. It's posters like that who we need to look out for. Actually it's members like that who are so high and mighty with their millions of stars and thousands of trophies and hundreds of points that give this forum a bad name. At least Phage gives explanations albeit in phrases but at least he tries to be patient with "lesser" intelligent people.

Sorry to rant. Bad day and all. Cheers!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
still dont see what is "off" about the prince images...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
SORRY GUYS FOR BLOWING MY TOP.

Anyway, to make up for it...as I was scanning the other forums coz I wanted to blow some steam and get my mind on something else, I came across this thread that could be a candidate for ME? Although as I scanned the replies, it can be attributed to faulty memory but in my opinion, that's not the end all and be all of the story.

THIS SOUNDS CRAZY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

The poster is a lady and she tells of an experience involving missing road signs and intersections...it's an interesting read. Feel free to inspect it and share your thoughts.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog

I gather the neck area...and some cheekbones, although to be honest that can be attributed to cosmetic reconstruction and since he is a celebrity with millions of dollars...why not.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

My first impression was he's been made to look demonic, evil.

Others have noted that something seems off, but you are the first to specify that, and I would agree. But even more specifically, what do you notice that might have changed to make him appear that way?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: tigertatzen

Heh.. .sorry, but had to post a response to that one... I've had a definite uptick in "synchronicity" lately, that ebbs and flows, but .. .it seems to be on the rise... even before having this on my mind!

But that's a difficulty with this subject, the cause-effect/chicken-egg puzzle of consciousness-reality. What came first, and which is primary... or is it a moot point?

Anyway, it creates some fuzz.. .or fluff.

Ditto on the increased synchronicity all the way around. And yes, that's so frustrating...and headache inducing. It's also why it makes no sense for anyone to try and claim to be more "right" than anyone else here. Any one of us could be experiencing more than one reality and maybe even multiples at the same time. We may very well all be right. Or, all wrong...LOL.

Even though that thought is scary to me, it's also incredibly fascinating. So I'm going to just keep looking for possible answers and revisiting the ones I've put to the side.

Interestingly, I've noticed there are a whole lot of sci-fi books popping up by brand new authors about time travel, especially in the last six months. And some of them are writing multiple books under multiple pen names. And several of them have story lines very similar to what is happening here. Not proof of time shifts of course, but maybe it's more than just synchronicity after all. Curioser and curioser...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Hey Tomb. I wish you would say what you are thinking. Then we could discuss what you are seeing.

I don't think Prince is demonic personally. Intense? Yep. Not scary evil though. Possessed by performance energy? By music? Yep. But then again what do I know. I'm no expert on Prince.

So I will ask pretty pretty please will you spill??? Please?

AB

edit on 6-5-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Welcome to the thread. Your reaction to the trolling is very understandable. For the record, I thought your original post was excellent, thank you for the thoughtful contribuyion..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Trolling = having a different opinion than "some" members.

Nah.

The "Mandela Effect(s)" is big enough for all of us to discuss it, I think.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog

You are not alone.

He looks as he looked through the years. He didn't show his age much, but, he did age.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thanks IQ.

Don't worry about having a "bad day" we all have 'em ... you understand better than some that if you don't like what you read, ignore it and pull away.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Never Mind

edit on 6-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Another Mandela Effect?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: tigertatzen

You watched Moonraker when it came out? So the person in the Image isn't you? I am pretty old and I wasn't even old enough to see it in 1979 (or if my parents took me I sure don't remember)...Did it not come out in 1979 in your reality?

Someone who would have seen it (unless mommy and daddy took them) in 1979 would be 51 or 52 now, right?

I'm 50 and I don't think I saw my first R-rated movie until ... 81 maybe?

Wierd, huh?
edit on 6-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join