It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need your help. Might be homeless in under a month.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It's just a bad economy dude.
Don't let people her tell you that you aren't trying hard enough or you don't have enough education.
I was also in this predicament for the past year, with a job but you know, a full time position just was not enough money to keep me afloat.
And it's not like I'm going out shopping everyday I just can't pay bills or eat the basic essentials.
I became ok when I got my income tax since I have 1 child. So maybe you have some income tax on the way?
Once that's gone I will be back to the same starting place. It's not you. If you are out there's trying to work, for some money to stay afloat you are doing your job, it's not you.
It's the economy. So don't believe all this bull# you hear about 4 percent unemployment

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey dude,

Feels and prayers are out for you.

Just off of the posts i have read from you, here are my thoughts:

You want to live off the grid, but that attitude is not compatible with finding employment. Every corporate job I have wants you to be super excited and drink the kool aid. You have to act as if you live for work, even if you dont. It sucks, but you need to put on that mask. I feel simialrly to you, I'd love to live off the grid and do the dew, but I am not rich enough to be able to pull that off yet. So, i am stuck until i have a few 100 gs or more to figure it out (I am young, 28, so long time to live).

I am interviewing for a prestigious job right now (6 figure+, 7th interview Tuesday, seriously), and its so much drinking the kool aid and repeating their mantras back to them. They look at EE's as A) pawns to get what they need done and B) an investment in their business. Someone who just wants to get by is not a good investment. I have to act like nothing matters but their job. WHen i dont work 45+ at my current job, my boss gets on me for not being super dedicated and says "wheres your head at!?!?" Sell yourself as an amazing investment and a corporate slave to a degree and you may just get that job.

Good luck brother, thoughts and prayers out for you.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temerjohnson

It's just a bad economy dude.
Don't let people her tell you that you aren't trying hard enough or you don't have enough education.
I was also in this predicament for the past year, with a job but you know, a full time position just was not enough money to keep me afloat.

Yes, I understand. I certainly did make a few risky investment choices, but nothing that wasn't sustainable under the job I used to have. Obviously the situation has changed, and the risks turned into something far less beneficial than initially planned.

Thanks for the support.

I do have income tax on the way, and it should be fairly decent. I was heavily taxed at my last job and because I only had the chance to work for a few months last year, that should be returned to me to some degree.

Also, it's actually almost 8% unemployment now in Alberta and rising.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonholland
Hey dude,

Feels and prayers are out for you.

Just off of the posts i have read from you, here are my thoughts:

Yup, you hit your assessment right on the head of the nail. I really can't stand the mentality of companies through interviews.

I certainly do need to perfect my 'mask' when in them.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IridescentPhoenix

So you killed people for money from the government and then are now on government retirement which I know all of that pays very very well, so your not feeling anything about what is going on with the economy.
But your here talking # to this guy as you collect your checks from the government. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There are all kinds of things you can do here! Read on!

Firstly though, you must not feel defeated! Remember that your thoughts are magnets attracting like experiences. So wake up tomorrow with as fantastic an attitude as you can muster. In other words...fake it till you make it!!

Okay. Let's start with your wife. I know she is ill and can't leave the house to work, but is there anything she can do? There are several online sites like Upworks where people people bid for jobs like customer service phone jobs from home, writing work, and a whole host of other things. Have her sign up there, figure out the site, start bidding, and maybe she can do some phone type work from your living room. Can she drive? How about Uber? Lots of people are making extra money driving for Uber.

There are things you can do too that pay a little better than Starbucks... Like Uber for example. Can you advertise to do errands for people? Be creative here. Figure out what your community lacks and fill that need! Put an ad on Craigslist and advertise a service of some kind.

Get up at the same time every single day. Have a routine. The first hour of every morning is to read new jobs on Craigslist and in the paper. The second hour you hit the road with resumes and you don't come home until your feet hurt. I hate the Internet for job seekers. Dress up and show up places in person. The more you show the Universe that you're ready, able and willing, the more energy you create, and the more of your vibes are floating around and the more potential you will draw to you.

Do you have an airport near you? Find out what company delivers lost suitcases back to their owners. I did this once over Christmas and made 1,000 a week. All airports have this kind of company and all of the airlines use it.

And don't be afraid of that Starbucks job! Sometimes we have to be humbled a little in life. Go and be the best Starbucks employee they've ever seen. Who knows who will walk in there, what the universe will orchestrate, what will happen as a result of that job.

Starbucks by day, bartending by night. Work as much as you can so you loosen up the solids around you and create a pool to swim through. Get into a groove where you're almost screaming to the universe "I'm ready for the next greatest thing to happen!!" Sometimes we have to start small but see it as a building block.

Your house needs to be staged. That's what the market is telling you. Go on line and look up house staging. If you can, hire someone. A coat of paint in the kitchen, some plants on the front stoop, some new blinds. It often doesn't take much to give your house a more polished look. Ask someone you trust to walk through and give their honest impressions.

Get on Facebook and let the world know you are very much in need of a job. Ask people to share your post. Ask for help.

I see ads for restaurant managers all of the time---no experience necessary---for places like Chiles or Applebee's. How about that for a few years? They pay well. And don't discount the phone stores. They are always looking for help, offer training, benefits and decent salaries and free phones. Be a Verizon guy.

Dog walking? Dog sitting? Painting, construction, take the civil service test, get your trucking license, build tiny homes for people....

Whatever you do... Keep a journal of this time in your life. A Very meticulous journal.

You're going to write an e-book about this and make a fortune! it'll be all about how you triumphed. You'll teach others how to survive the same thing.---and trust me, it's needed. I love that idea. Start taking notes.

And whatever you do, get on line and Google your predicament. Read about how others dug themselves out of very serious and similar situations. They're bound to have some excellent suggestions and ideas. Plus it's good to talk to others who have been in your shoes.

I'd say good luck but this is not about luck...it's about action.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
how about you let me buy you whatever it is your poison of choice, we can discuss some ideas of my own as to how to go about aiding to the best of my abilities....anyways....one is glad to be of service...kinda thing?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

There are all kinds of things you can do here! Read on!

Very good suggestions

Your house needs to be staged. That's what the market is telling you. Go on line and look up house staging. If you can, hire someone. A coat of paint in the kitchen, some plants on the front stoop, some new blinds. It often doesn't take much to give your house a more polished look. Ask someone you trust to walk through and give their honest impressions.

The home is staged, I installed new electrical and floors before we put it up for sale, along side various other urgent needs. So we're all set in that. Our agent said the average selling time is between 1-3 months for our type of home in our type of neighborhood, and from our observations of other houses in our neighborhood, that's probably about accurate.

I'd say good luck but this is not about luck...it's about action.

Thank you very much for your support

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This is just the truest thing. Not sure why it happens that way but it does. The Universe is strange.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Blah, Alberta... Good beef Jerky from there. Tbh I was thinking NB or PEI , UI there is terrible.

But yah, your best bet is to get your wife on ODSP and get a extension on your UI Benefits. IF they refuse to extend then get on welfare to save your house As crazy as it sounds your allowed a house and one car on Welfare. YOU DO NOT need to be destitute before going on ODSP/Welfare. I believe the income limit (how much in bank account) is 10 grand for a couple now, more if kids involved.

You will lose the house if you declare Bankruptcy =|

That's all I got on such short notice. If you were in Ottawa I could set you up with a job. You coming to Ottawa?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: canDarian

Unfortunately my wife's condition would make a move to Ottawa a bit difficult.

Thanks a lot for the other info though. This is my first time using employment insurance, I wasn't aware I could extend it.

I'll contact them tomorrow to learn more about it

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Uber is where you basically give people taxi rides which they order on a smartphone app (so there is a large customer base and plenty of customers if you are in an urban-enough area)

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation - I actually work in employment services and would be More than happy to look at your resume, job postings in your area, potential other government services you may not know about, etc. Feel free to U2U me if you want, at any rate I'm wishing you the very best and I like others on this thread believe in my heart and soul that something will pan out for you

Thats what I like about our ATS family... between one conspiracy and an other discussions we do what families and friends do.. have eachothers backs.. if possible

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
welcome to the club pal. theres about 35,000 other canadians in your shoes and i dont think things are getting better. trudeau is too busy taking selfies somewhere to care. if i could afford it i would get into homesteading myself, these slumps are a killer.
edit on 26-2-2016 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Razmijix
I've been there too. Something good will come along for you and your family.

Sending you all the positive vibes I can.

Something good will happen!

gonna need more then positive vibes to get through this poop hurricane.
edit on 26-2-2016 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry to read all of this, me and my family have had very bad moments (years) and still quite do but there is always a reason to look forward, to move forward, to not give up, you can always rise from your ashes. Make a new plan for a strong comeback no matter how low you start at. I wish you the very best and the best of luck and I'm sorry if this sounds cliché but really, there is no reward with negativity.

Here, for you, and it is cold!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have spent some time out of work, it's really tough, my last stint was 9 months with no unemployment insurance either!
I have a great job now, but it gets depressing when you go months without an interview despite sending resumes every day. The problem with Alberta is everybody moved there during the boom days, and now everybody lost their jobs during the oil bust, so you might have to move. But I understand if there is health issues it's tough to go.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I know it might sound crazy but I would highly suggest finding an intentional community. It is a different philosophy from typical life but you may find peace. Typically, you are paid a small stipend per month for your work. It isn't a lot but everything you need is paid for. I'm not certain what is it intentional community scene is like in Canada but I would imagine that it does exist. It would be a good way to give you a minute to catch up. To catch your breath. Plus, you will meet some of the best people you have ever met in your life.
Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I feel for you. Can I suggest you check out this BBC page: www.bbc.co.uk...

And the blog it links to here: cookingonabootstrap.com...

You can following those recipes get your food bills down to next to nothing and still eat really healthily, so that might help you to manage.

There's a recipe for burgers made with kidney beans, a carrot, and an onion and they're amazing - even my son who is a total meat-o-saurus loves them.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hm, first off, definitely move to a small town. Your self sustainability is a nice dream but costs more to start up than your previous lifestyle. Besides the fact that your life depends on a harvest - you know there is a reason why ancient peoples made sacrifices to grain gods. Forget that for now.

Second, if I understood you were in the oil industry? Many companies will fly experienced members on site. Find one out of province if you have to. Your wife may look into Panago phone service, which is set up from home. A retired man I knew worked as such.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ghost, I just finished reading your thread. We exchanged replies few times and I know you are very smart.

With all respect, I think you must accept your situation now and let go the life style you had before. Face it, the $16 hour job is gone and must take a job for less money. Do not wait. You need to stop excusing yourself with those "mental breakdowns". You can do that, fight, fight, fight.

Do your part and help will come. Contact local churches regardless if you believe in God or not, you might get help from people you not even know.

I'll be waiting for good news from you soon.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join