It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THREE new planets photographed in the sky!! nibiru? eris? sackloth?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I didn't know an iphone was even capable of a lens flare. Especially if it's a shot of the nights sky?
Forgive me if I'm wrong though.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
well i for one am tired and need a lot of beauty sleep...so im off.

toodles

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by weedwhacker

yea you may want to look at the nasa link...more informative...but kudos to you for only pointing out that lil snippet from the content of both links

Well it is a pretty important point in the article, it implies that this happens only under certain conditions that aren't yet fully understood. Anyway...back to Nibiru

In Assyrian Neberu aka Nibiru is the planet Jupiter in their cosmology, seems like Sitchin didn't do his homework?
edit on 22-11-2010 by mobtek because: read the assyrian dictionary

edit on 22-11-2010 by mobtek because: punctuation meh

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Warning, I didn't watch the whole video. My bs radar went off after 2 seconds. However, I did read 6 pages of this thread, which was probably 5 too many. I noticed that a couple of photographers have already weighed in with their opinion. I'm also a photographer that strongly believes we are looking at lens flares. I'd put all of my money on it.

Full disclosure, I do not care if the planets are real or not. I'm interested in this photograph and thats it. Please don't attack me for not strengthening any of your beliefs or arguments.

First, lets all take a moment to look at a collection of photographs containing lens flares. Oooh look at all the different shapes and colors. Pretty. Notice how the location of the sun and the angle the lens is at dictates where the flares go. And lucky us, the photographers also described the cameras and lenses they used for most of the shots. There are even a few iphone pics in the mix.

Now we should have a decent understanding of what lens flares can look like and what we should expect to see when shooting towards the sun.

Ok, on to one of the images from the first page. I used photoshop CS5, and specifically, the Topaz Adjust plugin to bring out detail and enhance colors that are present in the photo.

What do I see here?

1. The red/magenta circles around the sun are lens flares.
  2. Then there is a blue lens flare. Note the faint circle around it similar to some of the other flares to the right of it.
  3. There is also an obvious purple lens flare at the top left.
  4. The rainbow colors are just the sun shining through the trails in the air (for this post, I refuse to refer to them as contrails or chemtrails.)

I hesitate slightly to call some of the small orbs in the middle and bottom flares because they could easily be dirt. Either way, they're not planets.

I still find myself asking why the person took this photo in the first place? Did they see a reflection on their car window that they mistook for something else? Were they trying to document trails in the sky? Honestly, I don't care and I've already spent too much time on this thread. I just wanted to weigh in on the lens flare debate.

I hope this adds something to your discussion.
edit on 22-11-2010 by midniteracerx because: lame crop of pic

edit on 22-11-2010 by midniteracerx because: fix img

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshidoX

NO....the symmetry is a sign of LENS anomalies!

Why won't people actually go do some real research?

Sad, it is starting to become.

AND what part of these facts have escaped your notice?

-----This so-called "nibiru" is said to only be visible from the Southern Hemisphere. (Obviously, this was made up, in order to "explain" the lack of sightings....thus, they displayed a northern hemisphere, lack of worldliness bias....those liars and hoaxers seemed to forget that very intelligent people, with Internet access and everything, DO live in that hemisphere!
).

-----The guy with the accent lives in Indiana, USA!! That is in the Northern Hemisphere.

-----Further, it appears that he was looking EASTWARD, when that photo was taken. (He comments on the contrails, being mostly East/West. Well, OF COURSE a lot of them are in that general arrangement....he is in INDIANA!!! Trans-continental airline flights, over the middle of the country, to and fro all day long! Gee, not that hard to understand, is it?).

SO....a guy in Indiana, who had aimed the camera to the East, captured not "one", not "two" but "THREE"?? so-called planets....and all from an imaginary story about some supposed "thing" that is approaching from below our planet's SOUTH POLE???

Want to buy the latest and greatest magic diet drink? Guaranteed, double-your-money-back if not satisfied. Lose twenty pounds, overnight!!!

Also, throwing in some "magnets" for your wrists, they will cure your arthritis. AND a triangle hat to wear on your head, guaranteed to ward off other illnesses.

While you're at it, a special today only....you can lose that extra flab around your belly, while you sleep! Just strap on the magic, low-current electric belt. (Some risk is involved, to not bathe while wearing...).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND @ your question about iPhones, and lens flares? Must have missed my post, I linked videos on it, showing examples. You can find them too, just search the Webz.

AND, there is an actual Apple iPhone APP for lens flares!! To add them to your photos, as you desire.

What is it with this particular fantasy, anyway? WHY don't people understand the astronomy, celestial mechanics, science, physics?? Is it just too hard for them to wrap their minds around?
edit on 22 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As you have so self-righteously pointed out there are question marks in the title of the thread. As you have not pointed out, there are also an exclamation points. Your knowledge of punctuation is second only to your knowledge of astronomy. The exclamation points comes first, after the statement "THREE new planets photographed in the sky!!" The questions come after the the three possible names for the "THREE new planets photographed in the sky!!".
The only question you are asking in the thread title is "Are these three names correct?". The first sentence you put forth as a statement.
So you are saying in the title that there are three new planets, there are photos of them, and that you are excited about it. Then you wonder if they are the one's named Nibiru, Eris, and Sackloth.
You made up the title. Own up to it at least. You are not questioning the photos nor their identification as planets. That's why people are so exasperated. You can't even logically interpret your own writing.
edit on 22-11-2010 by stars15k because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
He mentions how lucky he was to have captured these objects in the photograph... Well, yes, it is quite the coincidence that the only person to catch such a photograph happens also to have extensively studied Nibiru. Maybe, just maybe, seeing what he wants to see and wants everyone else to see.

The kicker is, if these are planets...why isn't he out there the next day around the same time, taking more pictures? Or do they just swing in and out of our solar system as they please?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So can somebody go and ask this women to go outside & take another picture of thos planets tomorrow @the same time?

They should still be there

Yeah im pretty sure millions would have seen that right? so this is enough to debunk it alone thos objects would have to be HUGE and therefore could not be hidden by the government right? yeah there not real its Lense flaire

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So this lens anomaly happens to effect masses of cameras the same way? hahaha

And for the record I personally think the whole Nibiru thing is fake. So I have no fantasy. I'm merely pointing out similarities. On another note - you seem to be quite worked up on the subject. Is there something you'd like to tell us? We'll listen.

edit on 22-11-2010 by AshidoX because: Add on.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been stated but to me it looks like the reflection of the iphone, perhaps due to the sunlight hitting the lense and reflecting upon the glass. It also looks like a person just to the right of blue mark.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Look at all these planets in my bedroom!!

The object the OP's video claims is behind the contrails is an out of focus piece of dust or debris. Because it is out of focus the lenses make it appear circular, and transparent. Because it is transparent the contrail mixes with the object and makes it look like it is in front of it.

The blue object, and the purple object in the corner are lens flares. The IR cut filter on most cameras is a blue/red almost purple looking tint. This tint mixed with lens flare creates blue/red/purple circular objects on the camera.

What we are seeing is NOT planets AT ALL.

-This is now debunked.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This first one is a Lens Flare from the moon on a long exposure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a39409f3b4.jpg[/atsimg]

The rest are just common lens flare examples, all taken from photography instruction sites.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c4121f4d7e8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f69c876f409.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28d2d7d8e3e3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ea6a0919ab7.jpg[/atsimg]

The OP video is a hoax.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshidoX

So this lens anomaly happens to effect masses of cameras the same way?

Yes it does, that is why people literate about photography know what these are while people illiterate on the topic don't know and are easily fooled by hoaxers.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I must admit, I am no skilled photographer. But to me it seems that most of the flares presented are on the same axis...The apparent 'flares' I was referring to weren't and looked something like : .

And that shape itself seems to have been showing up quite frequently on VIDEO. Do these lens flares only effect still photography? From what I can tell the camera seems to be moving as well in quite a few of the videos I'm referring to. And the objects remain stationary for some time and even seem to move into said position.....Lens flare?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

its kachina!

Nice pic!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
In my thread that I started on 10/28/10 I believe I captured the same blue image. There were also chemtrails and a the rising sun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THE CLOSE UP:
i896.photobucket.com...

Love to hear your thoughts

This pic is great. Very rare find.

Maybe the chemtrails are losing their effectiveness.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

we havent sed that blue thing is planet x...we dont know what the blue thing is.

so yea...nice try and all that but FAIL....look at you....

The "blue thing" is what I call an optical moondog. The moon is blown-out and causing a "ghost-flare" image of the moon--now blue--in the inner lense.

I took these last night and as you can see in the third pic, it looks like it's behind the cloud/contrail but it's not.

These were taken with a Nikon D90 with a UV filter on the lense. UV on--Blue Orb. UV off--No Orb.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Just wondering something here and that is do you know what H. R. 2977 is? Here is just a little bit from that bill.

107th CONGRESS 1st Session
H. R. 2977
To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

October 2, 2001

Mr. KUCINICH introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Science, and in addition to the Committees on Armed Services, and International Relations, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A BILL To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

And this is just a little more from this bill.

(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--
(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;
(ii) chemtrails;
(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;
(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;
(v) laser weapons systems;
(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and
(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

(C) The term `exotic weapons systems' includes weapons designed to damage space or natural ecosystems (such as the ionosphere and upper atmosphere) or climate, weather, and tectonic systems with the purpose of inducing damage or destruction upon a target population or region on earth or in space.

www.fas.org...

So you see there must be something to chemtrails, because it seems to have been known about by some in the House of Representatives in 2001. Also it does seem that by this bill chemtrails are real. You can read more on this at the link I provided. Seems to be that our government knew about chemtrails as far back as 2001.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So we have similar images with mundane explanations and plausible theories on what this actually is. I would love for an earth shattering super-event just as much as everyone else, but it doesn't look like this is it. It looks more and more like individuals are grasping at straws and doesn't warrant as much discussion as it is drawing.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
All three of the images you've posted have the moon in the same frame to give off said flare. The OPs picture does not. What does that mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join