It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There is big difference between believing and knowing
the two concepts while NOT being mutualy exclusive, are not the same thing

The Christian Germans during world war two BELIEVED it was the end of the world, and so were easily coereced into their role as zionist banker CANNON FODDER, while we KNOW it wasn't the end of the world...
which we can prove.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Section31

Still that is faith. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and various other religious movements claim to have proof. Yet! Can't offer none.

True, true.

However, if Jesus Christ was only a myth, why do you people see his existence as a threat?

edit on 22-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would like to know what woud be acceptable as proof. Millions of people worldwide and billions throughout history have acknowledged the existence of Jesus. Pages upon pages and books upon books have been written. But this is common knwledge. No one would ask for evidence if these accounts arent already discounted.

OBviously no photographs or pictures exist of the Jesus, but then again no photos or pictures exist of George Washington, Joan of Arc, Julius Ceasar ...the list goes on.

If we use the same burden of proof across the board here, lets see how many historical figures we can erase from existence.

So I ask, what is the burden of proof here?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

The whole Christian religion is based on Faith. That's why I added "whether you believe they are true or not is up to you"... You are asking for something that you, yourself must have. Either you believe or you don't but I'll bet you haven't studied His words either to find out the truth. People who make any thread about nothing and

then dare the world to "prove it" are already showing their ignorance

Totally incorrect & naive. There are many many many Christians worldwide who actually believe he lived as demonstrated by this thread. I think it is a good thread that exposes the flaws in most (not all ...... again not all) Christian mentalitys. The fact they were pushed for proof & came up with excuse after excuse proves it.

I strongly suggest you look at the post by Josepheus123. I was waiting for someone to bring these things up. I hinted at it earlier but no one took it. The reason no one can prove it is because it is contrived!. It made up from all these different sources. And as that post Said Rome allowed images or icons to be used which further confused the issue. The charade that is religion!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well if he did exist then that's a huge debate. People who view someway in their religion has a lot of influence about Jesus. The same who could be critical of Jesus if he was alive. Christians and Muslims have similar views on Jesus yet the views differ. Jews today like in the past distaste the current views on Jesus. Since in Judaism there are many strict views on their religion. I wouldn't mind traveling back in time and seeing if Jesus existed.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

people don't see the existance of jesus as threat...
but the people who claim to believe in the prince of peace keep wigging out and killing MILLIONS of people for what turns out is the devils cake....bollocks as a reason.
they are a threat like catholic priests are a threat.
to children

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You either believe or don't believe, simple, i don't think there will ever be proof until/if the day he comes down to Earth again. I guess you may have to wait till the day you die to see if he is real. Personally i believe i will see him one day

link   
reply to post by phatpackage

You missed my point. It's all around you, and within you.

Also, Jesus needs to be understood within the Jewish frame of reference, ie: the temple (his body), the tree of life (his body), the twin pillars in the temple (harsh justice and tender mercy), his cross, etc. etc.

So not only is there proof of God everywhere, but even at a more local level, we have the embodiment of the love of God made known through the person of Jesus Christ, his teachings, his character, his works and Great Work, itself a resolution to the problem of human evil (potentially) and of the eating of the duality of the "tree" of the knowledge of good and evil (supreme judgement from a transcendant perspective).

It all requires some research, investigation, and thinking it through, but the tracks are there, and furthermore, based on something I offered in an earlier post, much of it resides deep within your self, subject to testing and analysis via deep contemplation.

But if you expect someone to step forward and give you God in a bottle or something, then by its very nature, such a proof cannot be God. The best God has offered us, is Jesus, which also points to us as human beings each with a piece of the Godhead in our very being.

There is nothing more for the atheist, who imho, has a mind like a steel trap, shut closed, and even possessing a contemptuous bias prior to investigation.

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information and proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer.

Lastly, I would say this - materialist monistm (matter is primary) is incompatible with modern science, and so the materialist atheist isn't even in alignment with the way the world really works and how it's really made and who and what we are within the larger universal framework. Personally I think many of you are missing out big time, and because of your bias, and close mindedness, will NEVER get it, and therefore remain imprisoned in a subjective isolation chamber of your own making. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I have to call it the way I see it.
edit on 22-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Danbones

People don't see the existence of Jesus as threat...

Sure they do.

If they didn't see Jesus as a threat, people would leave Christianity and its believers alone.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
well Islam believes Jesus existed as well and Christianity and Islam make up about 54% of the world population, so... go with the majority then!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Jesus was a very popular name in that time. Also traveling preachers were common. So yes, I'm sure he did exist, but the whole story was made up years later. None of it is true.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xinthose
well Islam believes Jesus existed as well and Christianity and Islam make up about 54% of the world population, so... go with the majority then!

Not according to this: Click Here

Edit--- You combined them. Lol... Oops... I didn't catch that.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
""The Son of God". That is what people should be debating" - You have been beaten in the argument & you are trying to change the gist of the argument. Where is your proof!

Beaten in an argument? Wtf are you talking about? It may help to regress a little bit through my posts. You will see I was responding to someone else and discussing with a particular poster. I am not the author of the thread, I made no claims here other than the proof is out there for people who truly care to do the research. I've already posted a link for people to get started on. Of course no replies for that, instead you respond half-heartedly to a comment I made to another poster. I bet you shoot from the hip often. Butt into conversations much? Me thinks you do.
edit on 11/22/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by martinkb

We are referring of course to the one tried by Pontias Pilate and cruficied as a criminal, although innocent, that one.

link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

That's not entirely true. Technically, there is no way of knowing when the earliest books of the bible were written and there is reason to believe that non canonical scriptures were written while Jesus was still living (the gnostic gospel of Thomas) due to it's not mentioning his death.

There are references in our oldest copies of scripture that could not be from before a certain date which is why it is often misconstrued as being impossible to have been written less than 70 years before his death. This would be valid logic if not for the possibility that changes were made during early copying. It is almost certain that SOME changes were made after the council of nicaea, if this is the case it does two things, one, that there can be no certainty on the date of origin and two, there can be no certainty as to the truthfulness of the writings.

This is a large part as to why many biblical scholars on the side of Christianity do not attempt to dispute the dates of origin, because they don't want to admit the possibility of changes. It has been shown that there were relatively few if any changes from texts from the date of the council of nicaea to the present date, and that adds credence to the argument of the currently perceived dates of origin, but does not provide any certainty.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I'm aware of that, Moses only gave us the 10 Commandments

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A second thought has occured whilst reading..a quote that may be pertinent to this thread:

"For those who believe, no proof is nessecary. For those who do not believe, no proof will ever be enough."

Can't remember where I picked that up from (a bit scatterbrained), but it struck a cord and has risen from the recesses of my mind after reading some of the replies here. If you believe in Jesus, then you don't need proof, and thus will not seek it. If you think Jesus (and the entire Christian religion for that matter) is a load of bunk, then the proof could be staring you in the face and you would deny it forever. We are slaves to our own minds, and the pre-concieved notions contained therein. Remember that the truth is neither black nor white, but a shade of grey. There are no absolutes in life, and anybody thinking otherwise needs to re-evaluate the way they view existance.

To demand absolute proof is to demand something which does not exist.

...as a side note, who said Jesus called himself the "Son of God"? I don't find it hard to believe that this was a persona forced upon him by a like-minded group of people who viewed him as such. Also, even if he did call himself the Son of God, aren't we all God's children? I'll stop now before I start to ramble...but food for thought, anyway.

GtkP

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The vision of Jesus that Christians all believe to be that of Jesus is in fact Leonardi Di Vinci. From what I gather, Jesus was far from the oil paintings and was in fact short in stature, auburn hair, hazel eyes, olived skin, was slightly hunch backed and was in fact born in Jan/Feb and not Dec.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Soldier of God

The whole Christian religion is based on Faith. That's why I added "whether you believe they are true or not is up to you"... You are asking for something that you, yourself must have. Either you believe or you don't but I'll bet you haven't studied His words either to find out the truth. People who make any thread about nothing and

then dare the world to "prove it" are already showing their ignorance

Totally incorrect & naive. There are many many many Christians worldwide who actually believe he lived as demonstrated by this thread. I think it is a good thread that exposes the flaws in most (not all ...... again not all) Christian mentalitys. The fact they were pushed for proof & came up with excuse after excuse proves it.

I strongly suggest you look at the post by Josepheus123. I was waiting for someone to bring these things up. I hinted at it earlier but no one took it. The reason no one can prove it is because it is contrived!. It made up from all these different sources. And as that post Said Rome allowed images or icons to be used which further confused the issue. The charade that is religion!!!!

When you can prove to me that he doesn't exhist then I will concede victory to you...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join