It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
reply to post by Trueman

I can tell you one thing I've learned on ATS:

Any post beginning with "Dear Brother" should be immediately ignored.

And I don't mean in any way that we aren't brothers and sisters. I just have come to understand that anyone using these terms within such a context is about to espouse something sanctimonious, as though they have some higher understanding of things they couldn't possibly KNOW for certain - despite their claim within the next few lines that they do.
edit on 22-11-2010 by thektotheg because: clarification

edit on 22-11-2010 by thektotheg because: (no reason given)

I find your opinion a little paranoic. I call "Brother" everybody with respect. Your mind process that as an insult. I use "Dear" as a polite formal way to write to somebody, this term had been used for people for centuries when write a letter.

Maybe you'll feel more confortable if a say "YO BRODA" or "DUDE".

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You don't want to suffer the separation from your sinful ways in order to conform to the standards of God so your proposed solution is to try to invalidate His existence?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Jesus did in facte xist and even the Jews won't deny his existance

How is this a fact? Where is your proof. Read the title it says proof. Your word or belief is not good enough here. Again someone trying to dodge the question!. How many times does this need to be said!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The Torah is actually a collection of writings by the Aaronid and the Shiloh priests who lived in the Northern Kingdom of Judah and the Southern Kingdom of Israel.(or maybe its the other way around), but it matters not.

The Torah consists of 4 basic oral traditions that were put together in written form and taught by Ezra to the Israelites that were imprisoned in Babylon. This was deemed official by the Persian Emperor, Antaxerxes, ironically enough.

These four oral traditions are the Jehovah, Elohim, Priest, and Deuteronomy texts.

The only known written text by anyone other than Ezra was the book Deuteronomy, which was written by Jeremiah by his scribe Baruch.

I do not believe this mind you.

This is what the church teaches as the official version of the development of the Pentateuch, or Torah.

Ask any biblical scholar, who can actually legitimately call themselves so, and they will relay the same message.

Moses did not write the Torah.

And you are correct. This was all created by ROME.

-Josephus

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by walman
You don't want to suffer the separation from your sinful ways in order to conform to the standards of God so your proposed solution is to try to invalidate His existence?

I for one would love to see proof of his existence because the idea of going to heaven & being with loved ones is a lot more attractive than rotting in the ground. But there needs to be proof. Blindly believing something like this pure insanity!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

There's a ton of proof in Israel, are you that blinded by your own self indulgence which always makes people like you look foolish in the end?

Even I'm not that stupid to allege Jesus (who was very much a mortal man like all Man) did'nt exist, I just don't believe most of what the Christians claim about him and much of it is utter total nonsence anyhow.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Trueman

Nobody can help you with that.

That is the whole point. It can't be proven!. People defend the argument with different excuses like you just did because they cannot substantiate what they claim. It is your right to believe whatever you want but you look mighty stupid coming into the thread trying to convince. The best advice I can give you is get some medical help to get you de-programmed. And yes that advice was sincere because as you have your genuine beliefs I have mine. That is anyone caught under the spell of religion needs help!

Cheers

You lower the level of the discussion. By your agressive comments, It's clear you hate Christians. We don't ask anything from you, so stop suffering for us. I never tried to convince anyone, you made up that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There's a ton of proof in Israel, are you that blinded by your own self indulgence which always makes people like you look foolish in the end?

Where is this proof? No one in this thread has been able to deliver yet!. Bring the proof before I point out how stupid you look for your comments. But I will give you the chance to back your statement up first!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Who would make him up and why?

Why would anyone make up Jesus?

I know you could say it was to get people to follow them which is a means of control.But why would people believe them unless there was some sort of truth to it.Nobody is just gonna follow someone because they said they knew some guy that says he was God's son.It just doesn't make sense.How would anyone benefit from making him up?

The guy who was claiming to be God's son(Jesus) would be the one to get the followers..and still he would have to prove it some how.

Are you saying the people who wrote the bible made him up?I'm just curious.I'm really interested to know if he existed too.

And if Jesus existed why would he lie about being God's son?It's not like he was getting money out of it.

So to me the proof is why would anyone make him up and how did they benefit?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Not one historian recorded Jesus's christ existence nor his miracal's during his time in the Mediteranean. There was one historian out of the 50 but his claims have been proven false and forged! I dont think this mythical character ever existed. I think there was a story of something that happened during those times and I believe they were greatly manipulated for TPTB to control people by fear. What kind of puring hearted loving father lashes out on his children and kills them or sends them to hell for eternity. We're born in a life of ignorance tought by man to believe these teachings and told if we dont we're doomed for eternity. You dont kill your child for acting up, hopefully he learns his lesson but it is the parents job to be there for them no-matter what, not create a massive flood and murder they're children. Explain what kind of loving father does that. Im tired of the answer that everyone says for excuses "god works in mysterious ways" and just "to have faith" no matter how rediculous it is! How about the truth is. We're allowed to make mistakes, it's the pride in which we clean up after our mess is what matters.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

my statement that god hasn't proven he exists is absurd?
prove it
heh heh
GODs existance might depend on your answer, so do it wisely

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I will probably catch alot of flak for saying this but if science cant prove it then it doesn't exist.
Most of the scientific community do not believe in a higher being mostly because there is such a huge lack of evidence. Plus the increase in atheism is rising. Well at least in the US I donno about other countries. The real truth is NOBODY knows. So for all we know were all wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I will probably catch alot of flak for saying this but if science cant prove it then it doesn't exist.
Most of the scientific community do not believe in a higher being mostly because there is such a huge lack of evidence. Plus the increase in atheism is rising. Well at least in the US I donno about other countries. The real truth is NOBODY knows. So for all we know were all wrong.

edit on 11/22/2010 by Lazrmau5 because: Please excuse extra post

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Almost every religion in the world acknowledges Jesus in some way. Hindus believe Jesus to be one of their 330 million gods. Buddhism acknowledges Jesus as a great moral teacher. Jews believe Jesus to be a false prophet. Islam holds Jesus as a great prophet, born of a virgin, sinless, ascended to heaven, and the judge of the world. It is important to note that history as well as religion recognizes the existence of a real man name Jesus from Nazareth who led a movement, performed mighty works, offered incredible teachings, made audacious claims that ultimately led to his death on a cross, which radically changed the world forever. This is no fairy tale. The person and words of Jesus are historical; whether you believe they are true or not is up to you.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Still that doesn't make Jesus a historical figure. Not all Buddhist and Hindus believe in Jesus. Some groups of Buddhist and Hindus do believe in Jesus in someway.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Almost every religion in the world acknowledges Jesus in some way. Hindus believe Jesus to be one of their 330 million gods. Buddhism acknowledges Jesus as a great moral teacher. Jews believe Jesus to be a false prophet. Islam holds Jesus as a great prophet, born of a virgin, sinless, ascended to heaven, and the judge of the world. It is important to note that history as well as religion recognizes the existence of a real man name Jesus from Nazareth who led a movement, performed mighty works, offered incredible teachings, made audacious claims that ultimately led to his death on a cross, which radically changed the world forever. This is no fairy tale. The person and words of Jesus are historical; whether you believe they are true or not is up to you.

And this is your proof? Please back up what you are saying. Proof is the only thing that will validate your argument!. Believe what you want to believe but when you come into a discussion forum that asks for proof you need to validate it more than that mindless rubbish! It proves nothing!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by Soldier of God

And this is your proof? Please back up what you are saying. Proof is the only thing that will validate your argument!. Believe what you want to believe but when you come into a discussion forum that asks for proof you need to validate it more than that mindless rubbish! It proves nothing!

The whole Christian religion is based on Faith. That's why I added "whether you believe they are true or not is up to you"... You are asking for something that you, yourself must have. Either you believe or you don't but I'll bet you haven't studied His words either to find out the truth. People who make any thread about nothing and then dare the world to "prove it" are already showing their ignorance.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Soldier of God because: wrong person sited...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No proof actually exists in Israel that Jesus existed.

It was a violation of the ten Commandments "to make of him a graven image" until the Vatican/Rome changed the commandments to allow for pictures of Jesus to exist.

It was a violation of church law to even behold an "image" of Jesus until almost 200 years after his supposed death/resurrection.
You know the whole "idol" thing in the commandments.

This entire story has been usurped by Rome.

Some will call them the Mystery Schools, but I say that they are one.

This is the same group that has been pushing for world domination since the beginning of "recorded history".

Which just happens to have the perfect blueprint for world currency, rule, government in the revelation of John.

These Mystery schools have usurped the religion of Christianity for the worship of the SUN.

These people are sun worshipers or, should I say, they worship Lucifer or the intellect.

Lucifer= the morning star

Jesus= "the bright morning star" (his words not mine)

The morning star= The SUN

Jesus= the SON/SUN of God.

Who was the patron God of Troy?
Apollo the God of the SUN.

Get it yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
After reading the first 20 responses, it's clear to me that nobody has any proof he actually existed. The myth of Jesus is the most damaging example of hero worship in the history of mankind. Worship a magical Jew on a cross who you think will come back to life periodically and see how far that gets you. Religion is all evil hero worship, causing social inequality and scapegoating. Ernest Becker wrote a book called "Escape From Evil" in which he details the infinite faults of religion. Read it, and never go to church again.

How about this one...

How can 'one man' inspire an entire religious movement, which has lasted (and continues to last) for over 1,500 years? If Jesus Christ was only a myth, why does he have such a strong presence in our society?

Myths usually fade into the background over time. Jesus Christ's story seems to be gaining strength.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Still that is faith. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and various other religious movements claim to have proof. Yet! Can't offer none.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join