It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I recall only one small tiny reference in ancient history pertaining to Jesus; nothing else.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

wrong
after a couple of witch burnings
most people see it my way

the jews are scared to death of the Christians after they commited the Holocaust.
What did the jews do to them?...were the Jews threatened by jesus or the christians helping to clime up on to the platform so they could get on the train...?

the missionaries arrivved in Hawaii with a bunch of gun boats and said we are taking uber now and look, they did.
Were the hawains afraid of jesus, or the jackboot invasion that made them a deep water target for the japanese?
edit on 22-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Theres a very high possibility that Jesus did exist and that he died on the cross.But it is highly improbable that he was the son of god, a spiritual, higher being, and that he came back to life. In fact, i recall hearing about a recovered letter or diary saying that Jesus was indeed a great man, but the he was no God.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If the christian religion or Jewish religion, or the muslims or the buddists or the hindus were proveble there would only be one religion
the true one

thats why I say
if the god that made everything can't proove he exists which incidentally even a sea slug can do, then I say he doesn't exist.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Danbones because: but here is your chance - we are still waiting open mindedly prove me wrong then i'll shut up

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Guido the Killer Pimp

Good point. Time to get out of this thread now then, or I'll be in here forever wasting time, and could even manage to spell it out clearly, as I'm sometimes able to do, and get absolutely nowhere with anyone who's already made up their mind.

Me, I investigated it and many other things, all of which came to point in the same direction, and to the same final realization, and it's absolutely wonderful, but I guess it doesn't sell very well, since it would seem that God's best defence is a good offence ie: offensive to the willful pride of man.

To REALLY look into this thing, one must be prepared to be brought to tears, and have their own innermost being placed before God for examination. For most of us, that's not a very inviting prospect..!

It takes a great deal of courage, and yes, imagination, something many of us are lacking in this mindless, dumbed down dark age.

There IS a reason for faith, a logic to the Divine Logos, but those asking for it, are in effect asking for others to "throw down their pearls" only to be trampled under foot by men, and making that effort would be worse than a waste of time, it would be hurtful to the very Lord that lives within, and there's just no need to go there, not in this case. If someone were to message me personally with a sincere desire to learn more, then I'd be happy to reply.

NAM out.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Because Rome made it their official religion. Duh

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is a good reason nothing was written of Jesus during his time. People always say there should have been more written on him and because of that there is no proof. No one takes into consideration how much paper there was back in his time. Because we have tons of paper now doesn't mean they always had some.

The fact is that there was a shortage of paper during that time and the only people who could afford it were rich. It was said Jesus and his followers lived in poverty so writing would have been out of the question.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
Because Rome made it their official religion. Duh

They stole it, hijacked it, and then twisted it ever so slightly. That said, there have been many devotees down through the ages, of the wholly authentic variety.
edit on 22-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

When it comes to physically proving the existence of Christ, everyone is correct in saying that there is currently no proof. All we have are the biblical testimonials of those who were there to see him.

Faith = Religion

edit on 22-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I'll except that as testiment to your faith
and if you live the path of peace I don't care why you do
I'll commend respect and encourage you for doing it

cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, there's the Assyrians, and the Oriental Orthodox Christians, but to the best of my knowledge there are no modern Christians that have remained truly authentic. I'm talking hallucinogenic, cannibalistic, mushroom-eating authentic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Somethings just can't be empirically proven. I doubt a sea slug can prove itself nor would it want to prove itself to you. Although, you could seek for yourself and find out if sea slugs are real. Do you see the analogy I am using with this?
edit on 11/22/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Hi. Former hallucinogen user here. What does that have to do with authenticity? Kinda curious

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Can I ask you some questions?

How do you know atoms, molecules, sub-atomic particles, and etc exist? Where is the evidence to prove they exist. And if there is no evidence than why is it taught in the schools if we can't sense it with our 5 perceptions?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

They wrote in clay too 99,and on stone, which were cheap, so I can't except that as a reason.
the message made it through regardless, though about the TEN COMMANDMENTS
which I do believe exist...connected to a god or not.
and I am darm glad they do to.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousanonymous
I'll give you a very simple "proof" that Jesus did in fact, exist. - That proof is time itself.

"Dictionary definition : A.D.

An abbreviation used with a date, indicating how many years have passed since the birth of Jesus. The abbreviation may appear before the date (a.d. 1988), or it may appear after the date (1988 a.d.). It stands for anno Domini, a Latin phrase meaning “in the year of our Lord.”"

So - In other words, to relate to your thread, since the beginning of our calender - when it was decided to start counting the years they (The Romans) have based the starting point from the birth of Jesus. - If Jesus did not indeed exist - there would be people saying, "Emm, hang on a minute - We're counting from the birth of who?" - and it would not have been accepted - but it HAS been accepted - so therefore - Jesus must have existed.

For the record, I'm agnostic.

You hit the nail on the head, the very year we live in is all the proof you need! What a stupid thread this is, even athiests generally believe Jesus existed, to think there are idiots out there who believe an entire bible was written about someone who never existed! Sometimes I give humanity too much credit.. I meanm what exactyl do you want!? A birth certificate?? Photos? You say theres no written documentation about him... ITS CALLED THE BIBLE!! How blind are you?? Nothing else was written more about anyone else in that time and day (for the most part)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe that aliens actually exist, why not Jesus and Buddha ?

second line.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

When you can prove to me that he doesn't exhist then I will concede victory to you...

I cannot find anything to say jesus existed. If I did well I would post it. The fact there is no evidence!. Should that not tell you something! As I stated earlier I would love idea of Jesus & christianity to be true,. Going to heaven with family friends is a lot more appealing than rotting in the ground but without proof it is just a fantasy BS if you like

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mattias

You flaunt the Bible like the Bible is total proof that Jesus existed. The Christian Bible has many contradictions in the book that makes it less likely Jesus existed. I'm an Atheist and I don't believe Jesus existed. Jesus has to many similarities with other religious figures that predated him.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

That was kind of a tongue and cheek comment I made. Ever heard of "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" by John M. Allegro?

Here's a link:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-11-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: missing space

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join