It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good place to park an RV near Area 51?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trisch

A fellow Art Bell listener eh? Since '96 here! He thinks I am a stalker... I guess I kind of am now aren't I

We did not know Art Bell when we moved here over 20 years ago. Joe Richards owner of a local newspaper (at that time) " The Death Valley Gateway Gazette originated the term " The Kingdom of Nye." Art asked Joe if he could use it and Joe thought it would be a great honor. Mr. Richards said, "Art really didn't even have to ask, but he did". We've had more contacts with Arts late wife Ramona Bell, as Art was more of a reclusive.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What *if* someone walks into Area 51 past the gate and the camo dudes drive up and take you in for questioning? Perhaps, they won't shoot you but simply arrest and hand you over to the local authoritys. Maybe they'll offer the foolish brave one a one-time free 'question' & 'answere' coupon?

Where did I ever say they would shoot you? I said they will aggressively harass you. You can take that to mean anything you want. This could range from high power lights shining into your van all night. Them sitting feet away from your vehicle revving the motor and yelling. Them pointing guns at you. Pulling you out of your vehicle and thrown to the dirt desert.

It just amazes me that we as Americans think our lives are so valuable... we are worthless in comparison to the secrets hidden behind that guard booth. Your life is meaningless in their eyes. This is not a normal US recognized base, please keep in mind its not supposed to even exist and does not conform to normal legal standards. Rights as a citizen begin to be blurred the closer you get to that out post. Hence this is why i simply would not venture that close to the border with people who have such a low value of your worth despite what you might think.

I just spoke with my girlfriend who went with me on that trip last year and she said if you park next to the border you will have major problems. We were parked on mailbox road several miles (if not closer) to the border and were aggressively run off on a offroad chase that got very scary . They followed us all the way to the highway and several miles up the highway. This is what happened to us and I can only warn that the idea although extremely romantic sounding is also potentially dangerous.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Right on the landing strip =]
Just messin but seriously as close as you can get at a high elevation.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh jeez, is this thread still alive? I repeat, you can park near the border. You will not be hassled, but rather watched. You don't need to keep a loaded gun with the safefy off. Everyone who heads to the border knows they are on camera, so nobody is going to be stupid enough to commit a crime under such supervision.

Now personally, I think 5 days at the front gate will get a bit boring, but that is up to you. Do it once, get it out of your system. Next trip, use a SUV and do some exploring.

I don't recall if you are bringing a scanner or not. I suspect you will see some pro-97s hitting ebay now that the 800MHz refarming is beginning to happen. It's plenty good for mil air scanning. You can also use the signal stalker mode.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I got fed up and inspired by this thread and i'm going to take a trip out there in 1 week. Already bought tickets and reserved the SUV. Sick of sitting behind a computer talking and not doing these things. Likely going back to the mountain. haha i'll let you guys know if i see any women in a rv parked. I'll bring as many pictures back as possible this time. And no i so far do not plan to park next to the base... i like the higher elevation view.

also gariac i sent you a message.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sounds like fun. A heavy sleeping bag is a good idea. Often what I do is sleep in this down jacket that I use just for camping in the cold. That plus the sleeping bag does the trick. I also have a baclava. I don't think the camos like when I wear it. REI has gloves that are like mittens, but you can velcro off the top and expose your fingers. Very handy.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think this thread is bs. The op never came back to update us after now being 21 days on her supposed trip. Sounds more like a wishful thinking than actual adventure. I really was curious to see how the camo dudes treated them but I don t think they ever really intended to go in the first place... I'll bring back pictures around the 6th of April once i get back from the base.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
going on 24 days since she said she was going...

Also i figured out why i recieved the treatment i did when we went. The reason we were treated so aggressively is (and i know no on is going to believe me) because we actually were parked OVER the unmarked area 51 border unknowingly! I just confirmed this with google earth last night which clearly shows the border extending fairly close to the Medlane (sp?) farm we were down that road parked at the base of the tiny hill... SO i apologize if normal secruity may not actually treat and threaten people like we were that night. I assumed they did this to everyone close to the border late at night. I'm surprised worse didnt happen to us as my jaw dropped seeing that border line last night.

Leaving in a few days i'll be sure to post some pics when i get back. I think we plan on some hiking...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. We are back. Got more than we bargained for, it was an amazing trip. Didn't want to post the exact dates we were going, but we got back today, left last Sunday. Camped at each gate.. They put up new signs at the front gate while we were there too. Made some wonderful friends in Rachel. Hi Cody, Adrian, Dylan, Jay... Thanks for the hospitality and we will be back hopefully next month!!

We will never forget this trip and all the wonderful people we met.. You know who you are

P.S. We left a special message for a respected foe on the mailbox. Let's see if he gets it!! Well, since he is on ignore, probably not going to know hehe

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
pics

Photos of the new signs, and our sign... Until we sort through the photos and post some more

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trisch

Five days and 3 photographs? "Shirley" you jest! No comments about the dudes? Did you build a campfire and/or get to fire your gun?

I think your visit coincided with a "Green Flag" exercise, so you may have had a better than usual chance of spotting military aircraft. Next up is another JEFX in April. Here are the dates: 14-25 APRIL 2008
Generally everyone is on the range, but JEFX has a lot of ground units, sometimes on public land.

I added the frequencies used in the JEFX done in March to my list:
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
"P.S. We left a special message for a respected foe on the mailbox. Let's see if he gets it!! Well, since he is on ignore, probably not going to know hehe "

we will be on the look out lol...thanks for leaving us a message.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
sorry we got lost taking a supposed secret short cut on the way back from Tikaboo Peak. This short cut lead us to the top of several mountains. I honestly cannot believe our rental jeep cherokee climbed to the top of these insanely steep climbs and that i'm alive to tell about it. We ran out of time due to being horribly lost on several of these peaks and my GPS unit breaking.

However i have some amazing pictures, videos and stories as usual...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trisch
Thanks everyone. We are back. Got more than we bargained for, it was an amazing trip. Didn't want to post the exact dates we were going, but we got back today, left last Sunday. Camped at each gate.. They put up new signs at the front gate while we were there too. Made some wonderful friends in Rachel. Hi Cody, Adrian, Dylan, Jay... Thanks for the hospitality and we will be back hopefully next month!!

We will never forget this trip and all the wonderful people we met.. You know who you are

P.S. We left a special message for a respected foe on the mailbox. Let's see if he gets it!! Well, since he is on ignore, probably not going to know hehe

I had to cancel my trip, as my oldest son had to be admitted to the hospital with cardiac issues. Otherwise, I would likely have seen you there Trisch. Glad you enjoyed the trip; sounds like you didn't get too freaked out from some 'enthusiastic" posters here.

I really love the desert, being both desolate and beautiful. I dream of someday living in a small cabin there, powered by solar and hydrogen. A garden with melons and peppers....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just found his site and now making my 1st post...!

I live in Alamo, NV, about as close as one can get to Area 51 and still be in civilization, excluding Rachel for their lack of much of anything besides a bar...which is something we don't have (dang Mormons). I've been there since 2001 but found an old house a few years ago (on Ebay of all things!) in AZ to spend the winters where it's a little warmer because Alamo gets damn cold and am getting ready to move back to Alamo for the summer through fall but visit the place regularly while staying in AZ...and vice-verse when staying up there.

So Anyways...I am hoping to be contacted by fellow members wishing to make the A51 trip and won't mind a tag-a-long. I have watched the orange light from the east side of the Paharanaghat Range and seen it several times but nothing of interest lately...it's been pretty dead over there from what I can see for the past year but the bus is still hauling workers there every weekday (it parks 2 blocks from my home in front of the cop shop/library 'complex'!). I also have RV room and a plugin for water and a 50amp line if needed...sorry but no sewer line.

I'm an older guy (54) and somewhat decrepit but still young at heart with long greying hair and mobile for the most part although 7 back surgeries ending 15 years ago didn't help much...but I'm a camper and can hike the mountains, trails or not. I retired on disablilty back in '93 from being a land surveyor which I loved doing for over 25 years so am fairly good at map reading and have a fair collection of quad and local maps of the area.

I've only read this thread so far but will be spending some time here reading all the info you guys have going here...and it appears to be a friendly site with some inteligent people hanging around so I hope to learn more and contribute what I can...

Drop me a line when coming out or just to shout out a howdy-do...

canmon at yahoo

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by herbertgardner

On google earth:
37.3623 -115.168 is where the bus is usually found.
37.3628 -115.169 is the entrance to the library.
37.3625 -115.168 is the entrance to the hall of justice, cops, etc.

The camo dudes generally have a vehicle or two out front. I don't know where they occupy the building. The cops can generally be found at the Chevron bothering the teenage girls that work there.

The library has two PCs available for general use, but the hours are very short.

Regarding bars or lack thereof, I guess the best you can do is get beer at the Exxon and bring it home. :-( I don't know if it is impossible to get a liquor license in Alamo. The town could use a place for pizza and beer.

My recollection is the guy that owns the "Bates Hotel" (Alamo Auto Motel or whatever it is called now) is an Arizona transplant. Most of the people I've met in Alamo were born in Central Nevada.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I'm beginning to think this thread is bs

Ouch thats gotta hurt, huh? Almost as much as calling them fat women! BTW, Trisch, some VERY seksi pics of you guys rockin Groom Lake for us.
You guys totally represent. From all of ATS, Thank you! And please
MORE PICS!!!!

Hiii, Glad you got to go as well. I'm not sure but you said Vids, stories, and pics. Can we see them here or is there somehwere else we can go to have a look? Linky please.
Also what was the message on the mailbox?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
BTW,Trisch, I totally got a a Thelma and Louise vibe from your pics. You chix kick serious [Expletive deleted]

New questions;
Camo Dudes=Flashed?
Whos the little guy in this pic?

Edit:
Lrn2post images thx.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by kthulu]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hiii, Glad you got to go as well. I'm not sure but you said Vids, stories, and pics. Can we see them here or is there somehwere else we can go to have a look? Linky please.
Also what was the message on the mailbox?

link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

we got terribly lost on a "short cut" on our way back from Tikaboo and ending up driving up several mountains in our poor rental Jeep. Scary as hell. We spend 3 additional hours trying to find our way out so we ran out of time to visit the black mail box. We had to return the rental and get our hotel as sleeping on a mountain top in 15 degree weather began to take its toll...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthulu
BTW,Trisch, I totally got a a Thelma and Louise vibe from your pics. You chix kick serious [Expletive deleted]

Yes, there was a little tongue-in-cheek "wild gals run amok" quality to the pics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join