It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Am waiting with excitement...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi all. Just a note that Peter Robbins is appearing on the Phenomenon Radio show Friday 1am UK time.

Lets hope he can address his own experiences at the forest.

Should be interesting listening imo if he does.

Notebook at the ready (old school)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If they did have expectations of closing Nick's "desk" down as relates to UFOs I can think of a few reasons. One could be that no one wanted a clerk imagining he was on the trail of E.T. mucking about or asking questions related to black ops programs. Or because, as Clarke proffers there was another desk that was set up for it. Both of those together kind of work too. It would only make sense to have something more technical and streamlined in place for investigating various (natural or not) phenomena, though, so maybe this is exciting news that more-better information exists somewhere.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nick was gone by 1994 from his job as Cmdr Pope at S.H.A.D.O .So whatever was going on is not solely related to his days in that role.

I don't know if Dr. Clarke has something else coming further down the line. But it seems he's not entirely happy with the way the MoD have stalled these releases. Especially as they stated all the files had been released in 2013.

👓

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I may be totally off base here but weren't some held back that were classified & related to the plasma aspect? Been a long time since I dug into Condign but I seem to remember that.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can't say what the contents of these 3 files were as I haven't seen them. All I know is that they dealt with UK Defence Policy in regards to UFO reports.

The following documents were all being withheld after 2013. A time when the MoD had already claimed everything had been released relating to UFOs.

DAIRDEF/111/6/4 C31 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DAIRDEF/111/6/4 C3I AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DAIRDEF/111/6/4 CSI AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DDOPS(GE)/10/8 ADMIN + GENERAL UFOS
D/DAO1/13 ADGE UFO REPORTS
D/DAO1/13 ADGE UFO REPORT
D/IPR2X/2/4/1 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 (FOI) COPYRIGHT ISSUES CONCERNING INTERNET PUBLICATION REPORTS OF UFO SIGHTINGS
2GP(BP)/88772/10/ISTAR UFO Reports
M9/18 Defence Policy Issues UFOs
D/DS8/75/2/1 UFO Reports Correspondence
D/DI55/108/15 UFO Policy 1971-96
D/DI55/108/15 UFO Policy 1996-2000
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy June-Dec 2000
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy Dec 2000-March 2004
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy March 2004

WIth the exception of 3 of the above reports these were all released in late 2017. However you had to arrange a visit to the National Records Office in Kew to view them privately. They were not released digitally. Copies were made legally available with a clever workaround.

At this point in time only Dr. Clarke has accessed the 3 remaining reports ahead of full public release. It is strange how after the brazen PR announcements about the releases from the MoD a decade ago they are a lot lower key now. Nor were these releases scanned and made easily available to the public.

edit on 5/7/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Where did the idea of Terrahertz emerge?

Was it from Hal Puthoff feeding into Condign? Or did Condign inform him?

If so, did Condign Really have any reason to assume UAPs emit such broadband EM? Or was it hastily added or taken from a dubious Soviet source?

The changing nature of Condign May have lasting impact on the airmen if the validity of Terrahertz is either shown to be weak or strong?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Where did the idea of Terrahertz emerge?

Good question do you know? And are we referring specifically here to Burroughs/RFI in Condign?

Was it from Hal Puthoff feeding into Condign? Or did Condign inform him?

What is the Puthoff/Condign connection? Has that been established? Through Kit's interest and involvement with Burroughs? Sounds like I'm way behind. My apologies for being the slow one.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think Hal proposed the idea that the “meta material” Linda Howe took to him might function as a terrahertz quarter wave guide or something.

That would be in the late 90s according to a recent video with Linda.

So I’m not sure where the idea originated?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Was the terahertz the non-ionizing part linked to the splitting of DNA somewhere along the way?

The non-ionizing from memory was linked to THZ through the electromagnetic spectrum charts and the apparent non-ionizing radiation encountered by some.

Terahertz radiation falls in between infrared radiation and microwave radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum, and it shares some properties with each of these. Like infrared and microwave radiation, terahertz radiation travels in a line of sight and is non-ionizing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Microwave communication was in place in 1980 at the bases.
The next step I would think for faster communication would be THZ. But it also has its applications in Quantum Teleportation.

Advances in Quantum Teleportation
arxiv.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamE
Microwave communication was in place in 1980 at the bases.
The next step I would think for faster communication would be THZ. But it also has its applications in Quantum Teleportation.

en.wikipedia.org...
"Terahertz radiation falls in between infrared radiation and microwave radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum, and it shares some properties with each of these."

Remember that microwaves pass through brick walls much more efficiently than infrared light does, so if you want your communications to pass through things like brick walls, you may not want to increase the frequency too much so that brick walls will block the EM.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Condign tends to avoid the term 'Terahertz radiation'. Instead it uses a more general term "UAP Radiation" in the main. It concedes

It is not clear whether single. multiple or broad-band radiation frequencies are emitted from the airborne sources of interest (UAPs). Unfortunately there are no electric or magnetic field strength measurements taken, the majority of UAP events only being present for a few seconds

Source : www.noufors.com...

Puthoff's influence on the report is doubtful. The report did use some Soviet sources. This one is interesting but also has a redaction. So you are left guessing what the last sentence says.

Also a note about a Soviet weapon that created light blue plasma in the air. Something witnesses reported on all 3 nights.

Blue balls of light or red herrings?

edit on 6/7/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Blue balls of light or red herrings?

Thank you for the info, MM.
Maaaan, that's a tough question.

IF, you were going to use red herrings (and here we could have Russian red herrings reused as British red herrings---the strange loops are endless) I would think that you wouldn't want to use a viable area of research as the herring unless you had already understood and exhausted the science used?

Condign and my own search collided---I think bits of the Plasma/EM theory kind of slipped through and we learned something from it. We may be witness to some damage control even. That the two collided, admittedly, could be the kind of coincidence that can have a guy barking up the wrong tree for the rest of his life.

Maybe something will shake loose from Clarke monkeying with the "branches." Then again: He's always been pretty much considered in the "establishment" camp hasn't he?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
WIth the exception of 3 of the above reports these were all released in late 2017. However you had to arrange a visit to the National Records Office in Kew to view them privately. They were not released digitally. Copies were made legally available with a clever workaround.

Mmm. I haven't tried getting access to these 3 files yet. I came up with an argument a few months ago that I think has - say - a 50-50 chance of resulting in a copy being obtained from the MOD before the eventual release at the National Archives.

If so, as with the last files, I could arrange to make scans of these files available on a password protected website. (Complying with the Crown copyright rules I've previously outlined).

However, obtaining these files might result in some publicity for me. Urgh.

I may just write up the argument for someone else to send to the MOD.

Perhaps John Burroughs might want to send that argument to the MOD and get the files - he isn't as averse to publicity as me. I may ask him, if I get the time.

I used to have a minor issue with John Burroughs because of some events a few years ago when I was making progress with looking into Rendlesham, but I have difficulty holding a grudge for more than a few days. I got over that minor issue when John had health problems again a while back.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

What happened to the Richard Doty story Isaac , you were busy preparing some questions for him then we heard nothing further? Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Ps. You were also going to be posting a large post re Bigelow. What happened to that also Isaac?

edit on 7-7-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
Ps. You were also going to be posting a large post re Bigelow. What happened to that also Isaac?

Oh, there are lots of things for me to finish writing and then post. I just haven't had the time.

Basically, my limited time for ufology is torn between:

(a) helping in relation to the scanning and uploading of a lot of PDFs (slightly tedious to do, but hopefully useful to the UFO community) - mainly magazines but also some collections of documents, with about 40 or so new collections ready to be uploaded (ranging from short-lived UFO magazines to a run of 505 issues of one significant publication) and

(b) researching new stuff,

(c) writing about stuff I've found on various topics.

I've generally focused on (a) in the last few months - since I think this is actually more useful in the longer term - and (b), since this is the most fun. (c) comes third, I'm afraid - partly because I've been deterred from posting much in public.

In relation to (a), I've uploaded a few thousand PDF files recently, with hundreds more to follow in the next week or so. I just don't post about them on public forums as frequently as I used to do.

Taking an example relevant to the views on UFOs of some in this thread, with some kind technical assistance from a French UFO researcher (Jerome Beau), I have recently made a basic hyperlinked index for the mind-control documents previously released by the CIA on a set of CDs. The documents on the CIA's CDs have previously been uploaded on Blackvault.com, wanttoknow.com and elsewhere - but I think that adding a searchable, sortable hyperlinked index may be a useful tool for anyone going through these documents. (The information in the index is currently limited to information provided by the CIA in numerous small dat/text files on the CIA's CDs. That information is, unfortunately, incomplete in various irritating respects - as is the collection of documents the CIA released...).
docs.google.com...

Another example, partly relevant to this thread : here are 505 issues of the UFO Newsclipping Service from 1969 to 2011, which I've made freely available online this week with permission from the copyright holder of that publication (Rod Dyke) thanks to scanning by the AFU in Sweden. This is probably the largest single collection of UFO newsclippings to be made available online (so far...).

files.afu.se...

Also, I've been involved in arranging for most of the more significant German UFO newsletters/magazines to be made made available online in the last 2 weeks (with permission from relevant editors/groups). Most of the more significant Spanish/Catalan UFO newsletters/magazines are being scanned and uploaded this week and next (again, with permission from relevant editors/groups).

In short, I (and several others) have been fairly busy with UFO stuff in the last few months - it's just that most of the stuff I've been working on has been behind the scenes so far.

edit on 7-7-2018 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Thank you Isaac for this extensive list of information much appreciated.

So we can conclude the Bigelow info is not yet completed . What about Richard Doty what happened to all of that?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
So we can conclude the Bigelow info is not yet completed .

I doubt my Bigelow info will ever be "completed" in the sense of it being a complete account of everything Bigelow has done in relation to ufology - but I've got enough new stuff that I'd be happy to post my rather long thread on him once my notes are tidied up.

If I manage to avoid distraction (like trying to get hold of the MOD's further files...), I could finish the Bigelow item in a week or two.

What about Richard Doty what happened to all of that?

Mmm. It will probably be another few years before I post a thread on Doty. Seriously, that's about the timescale I'm thinking about in relation to him.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Look forward to what you post re Bigelow then. Thanks again for taking the time to answer Isaac.

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join