It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

sensibleSenseless
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I like the idea that people have to take risks and never complain, even if the odds of failure in a particular country is extra-extra-ordinarily high - and some of those risk takers never seem to fail in stark contrast.

Yep. Some of those risk takers never seem to fail, while many others do seem to fail.

A coin has two sides.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Fylgje
reply to post by vonraschke

Yep. You gotta love it when some uninformed person lumps all Americans into the "coward" or "dumb" category. They just don't understand what is about to happen, and how many patriots and "smart" people there are that is about to rise. It will change everything on earth when it collapses. Some countries think they will be immune to it.lol A collapse has to happen. A civil war/revolution has to happen. The country needs to be reset. The leeches will go. The foreign lobbies gone. The meek will starve and die. Only the smart and strong will survive and build everything back the way it should be--out of the hands of the greedy idiot lunatics--the right and the left. Common people will rule. The corrupt will be hunted and arrested.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

This worked really well 150 years ago, are you perhaps a student of history. Seems like your side lost, and America lost more people in that war, than any other in our history. It is nice to see that you and your so called Patriotic Americans want and are willing to go to war with other Americans, tells me where your loyalties lie. You are looking out for no one but yourself, and are no better than the greedy bankers and politicians we are dealing with now. Take your obnoxious, unintelligent partisanship, and spout it to those that would likely follow you to the field, trust me, half are only brave on the keyboard.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Keep fighting bro, I have been up and down so many times, I look back and it looks like the roller coaster from hell. Like others have said, the GED is the main thing, and based on your writing here, I don't think you would have any problem with the language/grammar portion of it. Good luck man.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know Beez, the more I've thought about this, the more I see your angle here, and I have to agree with you. Personal responsibility has become a catch phrase, rather than a statement to so many, that it has no real meaning to them any more. They either don't, or don't want, to understand the implications of what it really means. In many ways, we have definitely become the groveling serfs, and victims, you're talking about.

Self reliance, and personal responsibility, come at a cost in today's society(as you've noted). A cost few are willing to pay any more.

I get it. S&F.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by beezzer

You know Beez, the more I've thought about this, the more I see your angle here, and I have to agree with you. Personal responsibility has become a catch phrase, rather than a statement to so many, that it has no real meaning to them any more. They either don't, or don't want, to understand the implications of what it really means. In many ways, we have definitely become the groveling serfs, and victims, you're talking about.

Self reliance, and personal responsibility, come at a cost in today's society(as you've noted). A cost few are willing to pay any more.

I get it. S&F.

Self reliance hasn't existed in this country for a very long time, we all rely on others for their services or goods. Your phrase of personal responsibility much more accurately describes what we need to find as a country. Self reliance exist for very very few, can we adopt the term personal responsibility?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Self reliance hasn't existed in this country for a very long time, we all rely on others for their services or goods. Your phrase of personal responsibility much more accurately describes what we need to find as a country. Self reliance exist for very very few, can we adopt the term personal responsibility?

Your point is valid. It hasn't existed in this country for a long time. My use of it was in the context of the thread. Nevertheless, in the stricter sense, I have to agree with you. I know few who are in the position to be truly self reliant. Very few.

edit on 11/21/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Certainly plenty of blame to go around: both parties use Corporate $$ to further their ideals and gain electoral victory, corporations use that $$ to further those ideals or just make more $$. It goes both ways. Citizens decide and that is frightening to me on both parties since 45% of voters don't know who Andrew Jackson is.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

TownCryer
reply to post by beezzer

Personally, I support the OP's right to express his OPINION. That, however, is all that he's doing - expressing an opinion. It's not gospel. It's not fact. It's no more valuable that ANYONE else's opinion, including the ones with which the OP does not agree.

You just spent three lines to say nothing at all.

THIS is the problem. We Americans go round and round with this airy-fairy bullsht of talking words that have no meaning and end up achieving nothing, meanwhile many other western peoples are very much aware of their own worth and contribution and raise absolute hell if their goverment treat its people wrong.

We can bring down the system. We can. We literally hold all the power. We must refuse to take part in the system. We must quit. We must take care of one another. Money not worth anything? That presents the perfect opportunity to do things for yourself. Our labor in America is actually worth far more than almost any of us are paid for it. (think about it, if it wasn't then your employer would be losing money by employing you!) SO make your worth count to YOUR LIFE. Leave the system force it to collapse.
edit on 22-11-2013 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

BubbaJoe
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Keep fighting bro, I have been up and down so many times, I look back and it looks like the roller coaster from hell. Like others have said, the GED is the main thing, and based on your writing here, I don't think you would have any problem with the language/grammar portion of it. Good luck man.

Thanks BubbaJoe.

I'm never going to back down. Eventually my luck will turn around.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
-- snip --
But my question is, as one of the unwashed masses, what should I do that I am not already doing?
-- snip --

Can't think of a thing. Something I hope that you never do is hang your head because of what someone else projects upon you. I am an Independent that votes roughly 60/40 conservative but have strongly held opinions on social issues such as food stamps. Don't be ashamed of using them as they were intended!!!

I've been extremely disappointed in how the reference to food stamps has played out in the media. Remove the liars and cheats from the equation and food stamps become a barometer of how poorly the economy is doing.

Liars and cheats (which you clearly aren't, I take you at your word) are another story.

I've written about it before, but it's worth repeating.

During the Carter years I was newly married and had a newborn to feed but never qualified for any assistance. Out of frustration, I cornered a woman I knew worked for the state when we were away from her work and here is how it went:

Her: First, if you tell anyone I said this, I will call you a liar to your face. Do you have a car and is it paid for?

Me: Yes, it's ten years old and has 100,000+ miles but is paid for.

Her: If you had a car worth more than $5,000 and were making payments, they would automatically qualify toward assistance. Now, do you own a home and is it paid for?

Me: Yes. It's over 80 years old and needs lots of work, but it is ours. (a technicality. It was ours on paper but we were still making payments. Different story and not germane)

Her: If you were living in a furnished apartment, your rent would automatically apply toward assistance.

Me: Let me get this straight... MY family has to lose everything before we qualify for help, but the other guy who is already living a better lifestyle than us qualifies for help right out of the gate so he doesn't lose any of that crap that HE DOESN'T EVEN OWN???

Her: I never said it was fair, that's just how it is...

So I stood a little straighter and made my mind up to fight just that much harder.

When you are feeling it start to get to you, please remember my "Donism(my name,btw)":
Sometimes all you can do is ALL you can do.

Best wishes & I hope things turn around for you soon,
CS

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

8675309jenny

TownCryer
reply to post by beezzer

Personally, I support the OP's right to express his OPINION. That, however, is all that he's doing - expressing an opinion. It's not gospel. It's not fact. It's no more valuable that ANYONE else's opinion, including the ones with which the OP does not agree.

You just spent three lines to say nothing at all.

THIS is the problem. We Americans go round and round with this airy-fairy bullsht of talking words that have no meaning and end up achieving nothing, meanwhile many other western peoples are very much aware of their own worth and contribution and raise absolute hell if their goverment treat its people wrong.

We can bring down the system. We can. We literally hold all the power. We must refuse to take part in the system. We must quit. We must take care of one another. Money not worth anything? That presents the perfect opportunity to do things for yourself. Our labor in America is actually worth far more than almost any of us are paid for it. (think about it, if it wasn't then your employer would be losing money by employing you!) SO make your worth count to YOUR LIFE. Leave the system force it to collapse.
edit on 22-11-2013 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

How many people here on ATS know all the details and are willing to discuss them openly? God knows I have tried only to be called names like dellusional, gullible, misinformed, etc.

I bet many of the folks who want change dont even konw wtf they are talking about. Am I special? No. Open minded and dedicated to the truth? Yes but it has come at a personal cost sometimes. Look at all the people who want change and will spit on alex jones and david icke every chance they get. They are hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good post, Beez...

S&F

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

8675309jenny

With this I totally agree. If we were to have a nation wide protest where everyone except essential first responders and emergency health care providers were to simply stay home and have a freaking party for about a month, we would bring this whole corrupt system to it's knees...

But then what? What would our demands be?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

TDawgRex

CagliostroTheGreat
But my question is, as one of the unwashed masses, what should I do that I am not already doing?

Oh, and by the by, I'm no coward (hence the bloodied heels) I'm no sycophant and I only bleed red because I have no other choice, though green or turquoise would be rad.

Kallisti

The answer looks at you in the mirror everyday. Keep being you, keep growing and never give up. I grew up in a impoverished family, ended up dropping out of high school, homeless, yet never qualifird for welfare (?) and still retired at 48. You can do it.

Never giving up is the key, no matter how low you think you are. Life is a challenge on a daily basis, rise up to it and knock it down.

BTW, by never giving up, you'll end up making enemies as you rise above them. But that's also just part of life.

I'm sorry, but... If you reitred at 48 then your accomplishments were likely in the 60s or 70s and this is barely even the same planet as it was back then. It's really very ignorant to suggest that everyone can do it the same in the same circumstances that you were in 40 years ago.

How many pennies did you have to pay for that phone each month back then?

What did your transportation cost you?

How much did a nice shirt cost you an how long i it alst before falling apart?

Did you need a computer to fill out a job application?

How much debt were you in by the time your schooling was done?

Did you even need a diploma to make decent money?

Di the people who did have diplomas get jobs an not end up making minimum wage an trying to pay off their student loans that got them nowhere?
edit on 22-11-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

TheRegal

TDawgRex

CagliostroTheGreat

Oh, and by the by, I'm no coward (hence the bloodied heels) I'm no sycophant and I only bleed red because I have no other choice, though green or turquoise would be rad.

Kallisti

The answer looks at you in the mirror everyday. Keep being you, keep growing and never give up. I grew up in a impoverished family, ended up dropping out of high school, homeless, yet never qualifird for welfare (?) and still retired at 48. You can do it.

Never giving up is the key, no matter how low you think you are. Life is a challenge on a daily basis, rise up to it and knock it down.

BTW, by never giving up, you'll end up making enemies as you rise above them. But that's also just part of life.

I'm sorry, but... If you reitred at 48 then your accomplishments were likely in the 60s or 70s and this is barely even the same planet as it was back then. It's really very ignorant to suggest that everyone can do it the same in the same circumstances that you were in 40 years ago.

How many pennies did you have to pay for that phone each month back then?

What did your transportation cost you?

How much did a nice shirt cost you an how long i it alst before falling apart?

Did you need a computer to fill out a job application?

How much debt were you in by the time your schooling was done?

Did you even need a diploma to make decent money?

Di the people who did have diplomas get jobs an not end up making minimum wage an trying to pay off their student loans that got them nowhere?
edit on 22-11-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

Ah, a product of todays educational system. I retired in 2011. I also said I dropped out of high school (back in '79), but I guess your reading comprehension didn't take in school either. I learned the trades rather than earning a useless piece of paper. Also did time in the service.

I've always bought my own car, clothes (once I left the house), education, etc with my own money. Cash and cash only. I can be hard but it can be done. I hate credit. And I did invest wisely over the years as well.

So before you project your shortcomings onto others, maybe you should do a self assessment. I don't count myself as wealthy, but I am better off than many. And nothing was given to me either, I worked for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Health care... Libs want it to fail. It was designed to fail!
They can then call for Republicans heads for teh failed health care.
Then the "Solution" will appear. Single Payer.
Fancy name for socialized health care....Period.
This is when it is game over folks.
Once they "gov" control’s your health, they control your life.
This does not take a 140+ IQ to figure out. Even a 70 IQ can see
This happening...or should.

Libs think with their heart and not with their head. Simple as that. It is a Feel Good thing.
Sure, if we all had free health care life would be grand. But, someone has to PAY for it.
I work and pay for my health care. Why do I have to pay for some person who will not get off there arse to do even the simple jobs for a living. Yet whine they do not have enough stuff.

Example: McDonalds issue on pay.
New Flash: McDonalds is a Entry Level Job. It was and is NOT meant to raise a family on..duh.
If you life’s goal is to flip hamburgers, I feel said for you and me.
Please don't tell me that that is all some folks can do..BS.
They choose to be stupid; they have had a chance to be edumacated., they choose to not attend or learn when the opportunity was/is there. No they want a Free Ride.
Better your SELF! it is not society that is responsible to raise you and provide for you.
/rant off

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Bone75
With this I totally agree. If we were to have a nation wide protest where everyone except essential first responders and emergency health care providers were to simply stay home and have a freaking party for about a month, we would bring this whole corrupt system to it's knees...

It takes more than playing video games for a month. ixquick "living off the grid". You don't make demands. You just walk away from the war and toward your freedom.
edit on 23-11-2013 by gentledissident because: LOL Google has a different idea of "off grid" than ixquick

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

gentledissident

Bone75

It takes more than playing video games for a month. ixquick "living off the grid". You don't make demands. You just walk away from the war and toward your freedom.
edit on 23-11-2013 by gentledissident because: LOL Google has a different idea of "off grid" than ixquick

Oh I get it... your idea of freedom is working a farm, and collecting rainwater, and building a windmill, and riding horses into town to trade your tobacco for soap and beds. Yeah I kind of had something else in mind.

It wouldn't take a month, that was a time frame I just threw out there because really the only thing that's important is that we STOP. Whether its a day, a month, or a year doesn't matter. Lost profits is lost profits. And lost profits is the only thing that's going to make these scumbags listen up and take us seriously.
Voting is useless now.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Bone75
Oh I get it... your idea of freedom is working a farm, and collecting rainwater, and building a windmill, and riding horses into town to trade your tobacco for soap and beds.

No, you don't get it. By your description, I'm pretty sure you didn't look into living off the grid.

Bone75
Yeah I kind of had something else in mind.

What would that be?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Kali74

beezzer

Kali74
There is so much irony, hate, fear and all around awfulness in this thread and the two that inspired this one. First of all political correctness syndrome is blown way, way, way out proportion in that thread and in general by the Right and second... no rally is going to oust Obama and send him running to Iran I have to ask WTF you are thinking supporting such nonsense?

I never thought of you as brainwashed til now Beezer... I'd tell you that I'm disappointed and that you've lost my respect but somehow I don't think it will matter... zealots don't care whether people who don't think like them respect them or not because they don't have any respect for different.

Are you being possessed by Ayn Rand?

/done

Just shaking the tree and seeing what falls out.

Not everything is nice hugs and lavender soap.

I'm not particularly known around here for being warm and fuzzy, I think consensus would probably sound like "socialist bitch" so it isn't that you hurt my feelings with your thread... my critique comes manly that you've adopted the absolute laziest viewpoint of non-conservatives and Americans in general and I thought you were better... you were better, I didn't imagine that. Now you've just shrugged your shoulders and joined the mindless chant of your peers... "typical liberal". It is so incredibly obvious you are now no longer interested in discussion or debate with anyone who thinks differently than you.

Well i started by just being honest and trying to get him to be honest about the good things in his life and country. He responded there is no good in hi his country lest he made it. Which we all know is Bull Chit. Especially now we know he is retired military, he did not create this the govt. He despises so much did. Now he has a civil service job and has more to be thankful for that he did not create.

I tried to get him to be honest about life, that he has much thankful for. No he just wants to be a coward and won't admit he has anything to be happy about. That is how pathetic this thread is. Won't admit he has anything good or happy in his life or his country. Sad sad coward. Lol.

The Bot

You know for me I don't care where you're feelings fall on politics and government. I don't care if you area mule or an elephant. Everyone has many more things to be thankful for. Be thankful my friend.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join