It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC destruction, the Leftover candidates, Pro&Contra Arguments.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
PS2 for journalists :
www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu...

Lerner-Lam explained what happened once the planes hit the World Trade Center, and how they resulted in relatively small seismographic readings.

"The energy contained in the amount of fuel combusted was the equivalent to the energy released by 240 tons of TNT," said Lerner-Lam. "This energy was absorbed by the buildings and produced the observed fireballs, but did not immediately cause the collapse. During the collapse, most of the energy of the falling debris was absorbed by the towers and the neighboring structures, converting them into rubble and dust or causing other damage– but not causing significant ground shaking."
--snip--
In addition, the seismic waves were short-period surface waves, meaning they traveled within the upper few kilometers of the Earth’s crust. They were caused by the interaction between the ground and the building foundation, which transmits the energy from the impacts and the collapses.
--snip--
The paper by Won-Young Kim, Lynn R. Sykes, J.H. Armitage, J.K. Xie, Klaus H. Jacob, Paul G. Richards, M. West, F. Waldhauser, J. Armbruster, L. Seeber, W.X. Du, and Arthur Lerner-Lam, "Seismic Waves Generated by Aircraft Impacts and Building Collapses at World Trade Center, New York City," appears in Eos, Volume 82, number 47 (20 November 2001), page 565.

Journalists may request a copy of the paper from Harvey Leifert, [email protected], specifying a pdf or fax version. Please include your name, publication, postal address, phone, fax, and email address. There is no embargo.

To speak with any of the researchers listed above, please contact Stacey Gander, Administrative Assistant, at Columbia’s Center for Hazards and Risk Research: (845) 365-8909 or [email protected].

Web site for the Lamont-Doherty Cooperative Seismographic Network:
www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Lerner-Lam explained what happened once the planes hit the World Trade Center, and how they resulted in relatively small seismographic readings.

"The energy contained in the amount of fuel combusted was the equivalent to the energy released by 240 tons of TNT," said Lerner-Lam. "This energy was absorbed by the buildings and produced the observed fireballs, but did not immediately cause the collapse. During the collapse, most of the energy of the falling debris was absorbed by the towers and the neighboring structures, converting them into rubble and dust or causing other damage– but not causing significant ground shaking."

You have not addressed the question. Your quote is extraneous.
No one doubts some energy is absorbed by the building thereby lowering the ground shaking energy. That's a smoke screen. You missed the point again. Why is it that the North Tower produced such a low seismic reading? Compared to what, you ask? Compared to the Richter reading of the demolition of the Seattle Kingdome.
Do not reply with your same old sermons that dodge the question.
Since you can not give a responsive answer, ask Lerner-Lam to study the Kingdome data. Then quote me his answer.

edit on 25-12-2013 by leostokes because: spelling

edit on 25-12-2013 by leostokes because: comma

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
------------------
The End of Poverty: Economic Possibilities for Our Time
Jeffrey D. Sachs writes a realistic blueprint for worldwide economic success
------------------

This is what I can find in the LDEO online News Archive pages on papers published together with prof. Won-Young or related to his 9/11 research :

04/30/2004 :
Earthquakes and the Ramapo Fault System in Southeastern New York State

03/12/2004 :
Are Earthquakes Related?
Columbia Scientists Greatly Reduce Error in Locating Earthquakes etc.

The newer method, known as cross correlation, permitted the Columbia scientists to establish the relative arrival times of seismic waves with errors reduced to about a hundredth of a second. Previously, seismologists often made errors of a second or more, which can translate into location errors of five or ten miles, and sometimes more.

NOW, that is VERY IMPORTANT new information !

The position of the Twin tower collapses was known to the millimeter.
Thus you can work back on your 9/11 seismogram now, with cross correlation, to the arrival times of any predicted P-wave, S-wave and the Lg-wave.
And that's probably why prof. Won-Young's new article written for NIST in Jan. 2005 or 2006 was blacklisted....It became too precise....

earth.columbia.edu...
(900px × 769px (scaled to 733px × 627px))

Fig. 1. The above graph represents a pair of similar events in China filtered from 0.5 to 5 Hz, with y axes normalized to unit amplitude. The two lines representing the wavelengths, one blue and one cyan, are so similar that they seem to blur into one line. (the differences are more easily discernible in the enlarged image). The lower panels are magnified segments of the topmost panel. The predicted P-wave arrives at 143 s, the S-wave arrives at 256 s, and the Lg-wave arrives at 315 s.

That's the same filter as in the 9/11 WTC graphs.
NOTE that those are TWO lines on those graphs, overlapping each other !

Using cross correlation, scientists compared the whole shape of the recorded waves -- not just the arrival times of individual signals -- and identified pairs of the most closely located waves.

Well, we also have a PAIR of waves, even a triple pair...
The WTC 1,2 and 7 seismogram from the first week after 9/11.
Just overlap them two Twin tower seismic collapse graphs, and see what wisdom that cross correlation technique will bring you.

Be careful, sudden death is a possible part of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by leostokes

You just advertised your total misunderstanding of the whole seismic problem. Thank you.
Please step aside for members who DO understand the subject at hand.

Let me know what he thinks of your attitude :
Art Lerner-Lam, Director, Center for Hazards and Risk Research, Earth Institute at Columbia ([email protected], 845-365-8356)
edit on 25/12/13 by LaBTop because: Added email.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Stop moaning about what you can't see and I can.

Stop shouting and circle the tow trucks.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

LaBTop

That sounds a LOT more reasonable.

So, your (taken from Mrs Wood) lack of debris thesis, I opposed with two links to prof. Dutch his website, and I added another page of him later. I typed : "That will save me a lot of typing".

How come you do not counter his evidence that you exaggerate greatly the LACK of debris?

Ok. Where is his ATS post? I don't see it here in your thread. I would like to debate him. Is he reasonable and responsive? That would be refreshing.

Why don't you present your own evidence?

The word "evidence" (in regard to Dr. Judy Wood) is a more accurate word than "thesis". Do you agree that it would be more respectful to use "Dr" instead of "Mrs"?

Yes you brought in extraneous material from an external source. I presented my own evidence on this thread. What evidence did you present on your own? Here is the answer. Your countering post contained a serious mistake. You mistook the North Tower for the South Tower.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Please step aside for members who DO understand the subject at hand.

Please step aside for members who understand the difference between opinion and evidence and those who know the North Tower when they see it and understand that Richter is an index of energy and those who are willing to admit a mistake.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

leostokes
reply to post by LaBTop

Stop moaning about what you can't see and I can.

Stop shouting and circle the tow trucks.

I accurately described their positions, go figure yourself. One partly inside the smoke cloud, one two cars down.
B.t.w., of no importance for Mrs Wood's delusional interpretation of that emergency lot, and their wrecks placements, in her sunny morning picture in between impacts and collapses.

I think it's time to stop this fanatic behavior..somehow. It's an immature, childish repetitive waste of forum space, and you wreck my thread with that kind of behavior.

However, I have a very good endurance record with this type of behavior. And you seem to think Mrs Wood's delusional interpretation of online photos have some kind of truth to them. And thus fits in my Leftover Candidates title.

I don't think that AT ALL, especially after studying her website, prof. Dutch his pages and the 90 pages long D.Icke thread, but you are free to believe whatever you want. Go open an own thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

You just advertised your total misunderstanding of the whole seismic problem.

When you said above that the Richter scale is not an index of energy, you advertised your total misunderstanding of the whole seismic problem.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

I think it's time to stop this fanatic behavior..somehow. It's an immature, childish repetitive waste of forum space, and you wreck my thread with that kind of behavior.

I will defer to the decision of the jury as to who wrecked your thread with childish behavior. I am not going away until you stop presenting opinion as evidence.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I think I am gonna use that ATS feature of IGNORE. For the first time in 9 years. You're a real menace and to me, a "Taliban-type" of opponent. You know what the Seals opinion is on them?
I'm not that harsh, I'm gonna simply ignore you.
I hope you then think you won your tiny DEW and dustification debate, that will give us both a lot of breathing space back. Have fun in your space, leave mine alone.

Last question ever : Are you a sister or so of co-taliban poster "amandareckonwith" in that D.Icke thread? No need to answer however...am not really interested anymore. By by.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

I accurately described their positions, go figure yourself. One partly inside the smoke cloud, one two cars down.

We call that an opinion. Circle 3 tow trucks and we will call that your evidence. I am not going to let you get away with that.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

LaBTop

I think I am gonna use that ATS feature of IGNORE. For the first time in 9 years. You're a real menace and to me, a "Taliban-type" of opponent. You know what the Seals opinion is on them?
I'm not that harsh, I'm gonna simply ignore you.
I hope you then think you won your tiny DEW and dustification debate, that will give us both a lot of breathing space back. Have fun in your space, leave mine alone.

Last question ever : Are you a sister or so of co-taliban poster "amandareckonwith" in that D.Icke thread? No need to answer however...am not really interested anymore. By by.

Don't tell me what to do. I am not going to ignore you.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You're a real menace and to me, a "Taliban-type" of opponent. You know what the Seals opinion is on them?

Is that a threat?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

You're a real menace and to me, a "Taliban-type" of opponent. You know what the Seals opinion is on them?
I'm not that harsh

You contradict yourself when you harshly threaten me.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Mrs Wood's delusional interpretation of that emergency lot

Where is your evidence it is an emergency lot.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ahh. I see you have a Watts score of 2.
Please , please. Do your utter best to get to a score of 10. Then you may start your own threads.

I read quickly the last page 4 of the one thread you were allowed to start, before the new 9/11 forum rules were applied by moderator DontTreadOnMe.

I fully adhere to everyone opposing you in that page, especially Bedlam and _BoneZ_
The Dr. Greg Jenkings interview opened my eyes wide open, regarding Mrs Wood.
And all her thoughts followers. By by.
edit on 25/12/13 by LaBTop because: It's not _Bonez_, it's _BoneZ_

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Mrs Wood's delusional interpretation of that emergency lot

You display a lack of respect when you ignore Dr. Judy Wood's title.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Do your utter best to get to a score of 10.

How do I do that?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

_BoneZ_ , you have been reading these last few pages with a big grin on your face, knowing what was coming my way.
And a lot of others too. At least YOU all had fun. Nice Christmas present.

EDIT :
Damn it, _BoneZ_, I missed your 8 page-thread on this menacing subject :
DEW/Energy Weapons? Holograms? TV Fakery? No Planes at the WTC? -- A 9/11 Disinfo Campaign
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for a real good Christmas present, I am going to absorb those 8 pages now, bye bye.
(And the left over 21 of those D.Icke pages)
edit on 25/12/13 by LaBTop because: (no reason given)

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join