It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The links do not work for me either.

In the meantime, perhaps you'd explain how we can see the trails of footprints left by astronauts on the moon, if astronauts haven't been on the moon. I'll keep it simple for now.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

You guys have issues.
I posted a direct link to youtube.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

The links do not work for me either.

In the meantime, perhaps you'd explain how we can see the trails of footprints left by astronauts on the moon, if astronauts haven't been on the moon. I'll keep it simple for now.

What are you talking about?
What third party, independent agency, or country, not affiliated with NASA, has taken photos of astronaut footprints on the moon?
What did I miss?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

FoosM
reply to post by Rob48

You guys have issues.
I posted a direct link to youtube.

The youtube information is there (I went to your post under "quote" and looked at the address you used), but it is not in a clickable format -- i.e., I cannot click on the links in your post and see the videos. I'm using Firefox, but I doubt that's the problem.

FoosM
What are you talking about?
What third party, independent agency, or country, not affiliated with NASA, has taken photos of astronaut footprints on the moon?
What did I miss?

Just so we don't move the goalposts later, what is your definition of "independent". Would it be Russia, China, or Japan? Maybe a future winner of the LunarX prize?

Neither Russia, China, nor Japan have sent an orbital probe that has a camera with a high enough magnification and resolution to see the footprints, but Japan's Kaguya probe has seen the soil disturbed by the Apollo 15 LEM's exhaust. However, I realize that is not good enough evidence, because that does not prove the Apollo 15 LEM carried astronauts who walked on the Moon; it is just a indication that it landed there.

edit on 3/24/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

your video is of the assumption that schmitt jumped into the seat only once..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Let me get this straight, you're asking "which agency, apart from the agency that has launched an orbiter that can take photos with sufficient resolution to show footprints, can take photos with sufficient resolution to show footprints?"

Those goalposts are shifting pretty fast

PS your links show as a YouTube link in the thread but when I click play it says "This video is not currently available". I am on my phone though so will have a look when I am back on a PC.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Rob48
PS your links show as a YouTube link in the thread but when I click play it says "This video is not currently available".

Rob --

If you dig down into the guts of his post (I did so by clicking "quote" on his post), you can find the raw information as to which videos he was referring. However, you would need to copy and paste the raw information from his post into the proper part of the YouTube web address on your browser's address bar...

...But, yeah, I get a message in the video box that reads "An error has occurred" when I click on the videos in his post.

For the sake of everyone on this thread, it would be better if they were clickable and easily viewable (without cutting and pasting into the address bar), just so we are all looking at the same videos during this discussion.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

choos
reply to post by FoosM

I think he jumped "into" the seat once, but going by what they said to each other, it could be that Jack Schmitt "bounced" up and down a few times to ham it up for the camera. Schmitt laughed after Gene Cernan said "I got three of them" (three pictures while Schmitt jumped/bounced in his seat).

It could even be that several seconds had passed while Cernan was taking the three pictures.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

FoosM
reply to post by onebigmonkey

But I did speak for myself... and those are my videos.

edit on 24-3-2014 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

The videos are not working (at least not for me), so I can't address them.

However, in general, I have yet to see a convincing video made by a Moon hoax proponent. The "evidence" presented in the videos I have seen hold not water because they are usually made from ignorance of the subject matter (i.e., they are debunkable using real facts, real knowledge, and a real understanding of science, nature, photography, and technology -- and usually easily so).

However, I don't want to dismiss the evidence in your videos without seeing them, so please fix the links.

www.youtube.com...

Are you guys saying that link I posted was not click-able?
Or did you just miss that post?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

choos
reply to post by FoosM

I think he jumped "into" the seat once, but going by what they said to each other, it could be that Jack Schmitt "bounced" up and down a few times to ham it up for the camera. Schmitt laughed after Gene Cernan said "I got three of them" (three pictures while Schmitt jumped/bounced in his seat).

It could even be that several seconds had passed while Cernan was taking the three pictures.

Watch the following videos in the series.
We will see how many of your "could be's" hold up.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

Let me get this straight, you're asking "which agency, apart from the agency that has launched an orbiter that can take photos with sufficient resolution to show footprints, can take photos with sufficient resolution to show footprints?"

Im moving goal-posts?
Where was my initial goal post planted?

Maybe you are just a little confused which direction the ball is going?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I planted the goalpost. I asked you to explain how it is possible that the footprints and rover tracks are visible in photos taken from lunar orbit. You responded by saying that no independent agencies had taken those photos. You moved the goalpost.

In the 90s the hoaxers cried: "How come we haven't got any photos of the lunar modules on the moon?"

Then the LRO was launched and provided photos showing the LMs and even footprints and lunar rover tracks.

Here's an example, in case you hadn't seen it.

Now the hoaxers say: "why haven't we got any independent photos?"

Give it another decade or so when more countries or even private agencies have got hardware up there taking images of the areas in question, it'll be:

"NASA have paid off these guys to produce fake photos too!"

However much evidence is produced the hoaxers will shift the goalposts to discount it. We could fly these people to the moon and show them the LM sitting there, even rub their stupid faces (helmeted if we're being kind
) in Neil Armstrong's boot prints, and they'd claim it had been planted, or was a hologram, or any number of ridiculous theories.

Seriously, why do you find it so hard to believe that men went to the moon? It's a lot easier to believe than the half-witted theories and ultra-convoluted, ever-changing stories you have to concoct in order to believe they didn't!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

FoosM
reply to post by DJW001

We have caught you several times in what could be construed as lies and con-artistry.
So be careful about throwing those rocks when your house is made of glass.

Post a link to one of these alleged lies or retract the statement and apologize.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

choos
reply to post by FoosM

Watch the following videos in the series.
We will see how many of your "could be's" hold up.

I haven't watched them all yet, but the idea that several seconds passed during the time Cernan was taking pictures of Schmitt is the LM is extremely plausible. It doesn't really matter what the next videos show for that to be an entirely plausible (even probable) explanation.

I'm not sure why you even assumed that Cernan only had one chance to photograph Schmitt "bounding" into his seat. Going by what Cernan commented (later) about those images, he thought it made for a great photo-op, so that's why he took them. And considering Jack Schmitt laughed about them (at the time) when Cernan said he got three of them, I think Schmitt agreed about the photo-op.

Again, what does the quantity of videos you posted have to do with the plausibility of my explanation for the "seat jumping" pictures? You could post ten videos the purport a hoax, but all ten of them could be baseless.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

FoosM

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

Im moving goal-posts?
Where was my initial goal post planted?

Maybe you are just a little confused which direction the ball is going?

Or is it the balls SHADOW that's confusing you

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

Hi You will find out like some others on here a basic grasp of science, sorry I will go further than that a basic understanding of the world around them is indeed a mystery FoosM is a classic example.

He went to the effort of producing this graphic below to try and prove to us that the shadows in this picture couldn't happen now he must have spent ALL of his childhood with his eyes shut if he never noticed that shadows FOLLOW the terrain they land on.

This is a prime example of the level of understanding you are dealing with.

His assumption is there must have been different light sources now you will see the task you are giving yourself!!!
edit on 24-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Sorry, I did miss that link. And I just watched your "Act 1" video. And I can only conclude that you're having a laugh! Your video even includes footage of astronauts clearly jumping under lunar gravity (eg see 4:00 onwards) and yet you totally ignore that and instead quibble over whether or not you can take three photos in four seconds? (Clue, three photos means two INTERVALS between photos, ie two seconds per photo.)

And that by the third photo he is clearly in position on the LRV?

And when you show "an astronaut jumping into the rover" you neglect to point out that this was NOT the same jump that the three images show. So how do you know whether he jumped on board, or hopped on and slid across, or sat and bounced up and down for a while? We know from the transcript that Gene told Jack he wanted to get some photos ("Get on there one time").

And as for the "Coke bottle", WTF? Do you perhaps mean the the LRV sampler that Jack is holding in his right hand?

Please, for your own good, read the surface journals, learn a bit of science and appreciate the fact that men much braver and clever than you or me made this happen.

And perhaps while you're about it you could explain away this nice animation of the shadow left by the Apollo 17 LM and flagpole? I know shadows are a favourite topic of yours...

Linkety link.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh no. Not this again.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Wow. Three years ago and he still hasn't got the memo?

Nice analysis BTW. If only any of the hoax believers were as rigorous in their work... oh wait, then they wouldn't be hoax believers.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

FoosM

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

FoosM
reply to post by onebigmonkey

But I did speak for myself... and those are my videos.

The videos are not working (at least not for me), so I can't address them.

However, in general, I have yet to see a convincing video made by a Moon hoax proponent. The "evidence" presented in the videos I have seen hold not water because they are usually made from ignorance of the subject matter (i.e., they are debunkable using real facts, real knowledge, and a real understanding of science, nature, photography, and technology -- and usually easily so).

However, I don't want to dismiss the evidence in your videos without seeing them, so please fix the links.

www.youtube.com...

Are you guys saying that link I posted was not click-able?
Or did you just miss that post?

Welcome back Foosm in educating apollo believers in their wrong way of thinking.

Those youtube-video's are nice to watch and showing the obvious, that it all was a big hoax

...Thanx !!

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join