It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Colorado shooting suspect sent plans notebook to psychiatrist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
OK so I live in Australia. Must be different here.

If the police here found a package from a mad shooter who booby trapped his apartment and was getting thrown out of University and that package was in said University our Police would immediately think

IT'S A BLOODY BOMB

Then, to minimize risk to themselves and everybody else they would do a controlled explosion to safely disarm (read detonate) the bomb. This usually destroys whatever is in said package!

But no, no reason here to suspect A BLOODY BIG BOMB! No mate.

This is way past believable. Was his secret GF named Alice and was she from Kansas.

P

Oh my gosh, you are so right!! When we had the anthrax letters in the mail authorities were called for ANY suspicious letter or package. Even now we call 911 when we see a briefcase or package sitting alone in public. Good catch! I starred you!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Too right mate

I starred you too

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I believe there are ways of determining whether a package is a bomb other than exploding it, at least in some circumstances. Some very simplistic black and white thinking going on here.
edit on 26-7-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Not really. There are some VERY sophisticated ways of setting up bombs; they are so clever these days.
edit on 26-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I believe there are ways of determining whether a package is a bomb other than exploding it, at least in some circumstances. Some very simplistic black and white thinking going on here.

Maybe...But wouldn't there be a story on how the bomb squad was alerted to the fact there was a package from Holmes, especially since his apartment had explosives? I believe if there were several emergency vehicles heading to the school it would be noticed and reported.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Maybe...But wouldn't there be a story on how the bomb squad was alerted to the fact there was a package from Holmes, especially since his apartment had explosives? I believe if there were several emergency vehicles heading to the school it would be noticed and reported.

Maybe. I'm still looking for a coherent story on how the package was found, when, and under what circumstances. Once that's determined it'll be easier to speculate on what might have happened.

Anyone have a link to a coherent account of this?

I've been asking whether it is possible the psychiatrist opened the package prior to the shooting, saw the notebook and the plans, but didn't think anything of them and so didn't alert the police, and now he's lying to protect his reputation. I have no idea whether such a scenario is possible because I'm still not sure how this all played out.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Not really. There are some VERY sophisticated ways of setting up bombs; they are so clever these days.

Well a robot could open the package for a start, and police could get a look at the contents without automatically blowing it the hell up, couldn't they? I have no idea whether this happened (I doubt it), just speculating. For the record, I don't find the possibility of his writing his plans and sending them to someone to be so unbelievable right off the bat, we're talking about a fairly deranged individual here showing signs of having treated this all as a game of sorts, but I would like to see a clear account of how this package came to light.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well a robot could open the package for a start, and police could get a look at the contents without automatically blowing it the hell up, couldn't they? I have no idea whether this happened (I doubt it), just speculating. For the record, I don't find the possibility of his writing his plans and sending them to someone to be so unbelievable right off the bat, we're talking about a fairly deranged individual here showing signs of having treated this all as a game of sorts, but I would like to see a clear account of how this package came to light.

I think you may want to watch a little less TV and have a bit more insight into reality. It is not either the red wire or the black wire. Building a device into the laptop shell is very easy to do and difficult to detect. Robots are not that good. In any case, the headlines should have said

SUSPECTED BOMB TURNS OUT TO BE LAPTOP

But it wasn't, was it. This is just silly now. I have no idea what is going on but the official story is starting to look like swiss cheese.

P

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I guess there were evacuations and emergency personnel there to gage whether the package was a bomb or not. I didn't see it so I assumed there was no news on it.

However, they reported TWO suspicious packages but neither of them were from Holmes.

That is odd, isn't it?

www.kdvr.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

I think you may want to watch a little less TV and have a bit more insight into reality. It is not either the red wire or the black wire. Building a device into the laptop shell is very easy to do and difficult to detect. Robots are not that good. In any case, the headlines should have said

SUSPECTED BOMB TURNS OUT TO BE LAPTOP

But it wasn't, was it. This is just silly now. I have no idea what is going on but the official story is starting to look like swiss cheese.

P

What official story?

I was not aware an official source outside of the media circus has come out and said *this is what happened*, if I am wrong, I'd like to see the official account. If you want to blame the media for making a mess of things as usual, you'll get no disagreement from me, but I'm not seeing evidence of a conspiracy, just incompetence.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I guess there were evacuations and emergency personnel there to gage whether the package was a bomb or not. I didn't see it so I assumed there was no news on it.

However, they reported TWO suspicious packages but neither of them were from Holmes.

That is odd, isn't it?

www.kdvr.com...

Thanks for this. The problem here is people are jumping the gun and screaming "conspiracy" when we only have a tiny section of the information, and what we do have is from unreliable sources like the media who are notorious for turning these events into a circus of faulty reports.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

That is odd, isn't it?

www.kdvr.com...

Thanks for this. The problem here is people are jumping the gun and screaming "conspiracy" when we only have a tiny section of the information, and what we do have is from unreliable sources like the media who are notorious for turning these events into a circus of faulty reports.

But what is interesting is that they said neither package was from Holmes. It would be hard to mistake that since you would checking to see who it was from. Then later articles say it had Holmes' address on it. Of course many inaccuracies are reported but it just muddies ALL the waters. How do we know if the OFFICIAL story is correct, either?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That is odd, isn't it?

www.kdvr.com...

But what is interesting is that they said neither package was from Holmes. It would be hard to mistake that since you would checking to see who it was from. Then later articles say it had Holmes' address on it. Of course many inaccuracies are reported but it just muddies ALL the waters. How do we know if the OFFICIAL story is correct, either?

Again, what official story? As far as I know there is no official story at this stage, just messy media snippets.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They wouldn't necessarily evacuate the building. The thing had already gone through the post, and had sat around for some period of time, so if it was a bomb, it would be pretty unlikely to go off by a bomb squad guy picking it up and carrying it outside. They would certainly exercise caution in opening it, but they could do that anywhere.

Plus, for whatever reason, he warned them about the explosives in the apartment, so if he told them that there was nothing but papers in the parcel, they wouldn't have a lot of reason to doubt him (though, as I said, they'd still cautious in opening it.)

Those sorts of things help support the "psychopath" rather than psychotic angle. As a psychopath, he wouldn't care about the cops, but he would care about himself, and draw a pretty clear inference that he would be better treated if he told them about the bombs in the apartment than if he just sent 'em over there and a couple died in an unexpected explosion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Hmmm...Good point. I guess we won't know until there is a news conference on this notebook find.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hmm some people here are talking about the notebook being a laptop. From the article I read I assumed it was actually a book with drawings in, like a note pad.

Is there clarification one way or the other?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

WOW that is really weird since first reports stated the psychiatrisst recived a package, thought it was suspecous. called the police, they deemed it wasnt then went looking for another. Found the notebook from Homes TO the phycyatrist. Now there are 2 more packages ? Or they are changing the first story that the Doc didnt call the police, didnt recive a package? FISHEY MUCH

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

it was a paper notebook with drawings, they just were saying laptop for some unknown reason.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1

WOW that is really weird since first reports stated the psychiatrisst recived a package, thought it was suspecous. called the police, they deemed it wasnt then went looking for another. Found the notebook from Homes TO the phycyatrist. Now there are 2 more packages ? Or they are changing the first story that the Doc didnt call the police, didnt recive a package? FISHEY MUCH

Not 2 more packages; the second package is the one they claimed to be found in the mailroom and contained the notebook. This story is getting crazier and I wonder if there's so much wrong information out there that they are doing this on purpose to confuse us all.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have lost all belief in the media. Where have real investigative reporters gone?

This morning I read that the initial information we got that THE notebook sat in the mailroom over a week is erroneous. WTH?! There once was a rule that a reporter didn't report something as fact until there was proof. Everything is reported as facts now, then reported as initially "misleading reports", then reported as new facts, then reported as "unsubstantiated reports", then...........on and on and on.

The media is a huge wheel of companies mixed together. The same people that make movies also own news outlets and printed media. They are trying to create a STORY that will give them the BIGGEST BANG FOR THEIR BUCK now and in the future with "the sequel".

It's almost like they are throwing stuff out there at us -- the public -- watching and observing our reaction, analyzing the effect on political and social agendas, tweaking the "facts" and story, then re-evaluating the results, and tweaking it some more. I'm getting totally fed up with MSM.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join