It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Colorado shooting suspect sent plans notebook to psychiatrist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Report: Colorado shooting suspect sent plans notebook to psychiatrist

news.yahoo.com

The man accused of Friday's movie theater massacre in Colorado mailed a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the attack, FoxNews.com reported on Wednesday.

The package allegedly from the suspected shooter, 24-year-old James Eagan Holmes, remained unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before its discovery Monday, FoxNews.com reported, citing a law enforcement source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How convenient. His "manifesto" has finally been "found".

Sitting in the mailroom for a week? Really? The media is being manipulated to gather public support to hang this man, and each and every time they release new "evidence", it screams setup.

How can they honestly expect us to believe this?

This little tidbit about sums it up for me:

The FoxNews.com report said Police and FBI agents were called to the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus in Aurora on Monday morning after the psychiatrist, who is also a professor at the school, reported receiving a package believed to be from the suspect. Although that package turned out to be from someone else and harmless, a search of the Campus Services' mailroom turned up another package sent to the psychiatrist with Holmes' name in the return address, the source told FoxNews.com.[

It only took a week after the knowledgeable people pointed out that not having a manifesto of sorts is indeed not the typical behavior of a mass murderer. NSA seems to be getting slower.

news.yahoo.com
edit on 25-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My wife saw this story a bit ago. My first question was, "And he didn't say anything?!" (referring to the psychiatrist). Something doesn't seem right... It remained unopened?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My questions, without reading every article about the incident, are this..

1) To get that level of body armor that he supposedly had, it usually requires the individual purchasing the armorea to supply a Federal badge number that is issued to law enforcement officers. Did Holmes know a person to purchase this armor for him, did he buy it secondhand from someone...?

2) To put on said body armor is not an easy task and usually requires another set of hands to go over everything to ensure maximum protection. Did he have help?

3) Firing a weapon while wearing a gas mask is not easy. It can be done, but accuracy goes way down... could there possibly have been more than one gunman?

Those are just the most obvious things that come to mind, will have to read some more to see what else seems out of place.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Dreine because: grammar fail

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is complete garbage! This is like finding the untouched passport in the rubble of the WTC towers.....I am not buying this for a second!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Is this echoing the finding of the passports in the aftermath of 911. Unless they can lift his fingerprints from the notebook and use handwriting analysis to get a match then I guess it can be deemed to be suspect.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
My wife saw this story a bit ago. My first question was, "And he didn't say anything?!" (referring to the psychiatrist). Something doesn't seem right... It remained unopened?

I dunno, some people get a lot of packages. I know when I get too many some of them will sit around for awhile, but generally I know what is in them. So who knows? Something does seem a little fishy about this though.
edit on 25-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
How convenient. His "manifesto" has finally been "found".

Sitting in the mailroom for a week? Really? The media is being manipulated to gather public support to hang this man, and each and every time they release new "evidence", it screams setup.

How can they honestly expect us to believe this?

This little tidbit about sums it up for me:

The FoxNews.com report said Police and FBI agents were called to the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus in Aurora on Monday morning after the psychiatrist, who is also a professor at the school, reported receiving a package believed to be from the suspect. Although that package turned out to be from someone else and harmless, a search of the Campus Services' mailroom turned up another package sent to the psychiatrist with Holmes' name in the return address, the source told FoxNews.com.[

It only took a week after the knowledgeable people pointed out that not having a manifesto of sorts is indeed not the typical behavior of a mass murderer. NSA seems to be getting slower.

news.yahoo.com

This is unbelievable.....and I mean that. Really...unbelievable. There are coincidences and then there are COINCIDENCES. This doesn't pass the smell test for most thinking rational people that really look in order to "see".
edit on 25-7-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, it's summer, and a lot of university staff are just gone a lot during the summer.

Something seems excessively off about that story, though -- why would he have detailed out everything, signed his name to it and then put it in the post a week ahead of his attack? Logic would dictate that he'd be arrested before he could do anything, which makes no sense, so maybe "a week" means that he put it in the post last Thursday, just before the attack, and it sat unopened since then.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Either that or he was trying to get someone to stop him in a way.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A package went a week without being opened...

And where did they find it? I bet it was in the 'back room' under a mess of papers so no one noticed it.

The details I'm sure are similar to what actually took place...why? Because the notebook was fabricated after the shooting took place.

What does Holmes say about this? Oh, nothing, he is heavily drugged and conditioned, er.. I mean, Uncooperative.

Also, how convenient that it was sent to a psychiatrist who I'm sure Holmes never spoke to in his life, or even knew about.

If they said he sent it to an ex lover it would be more believable...but a psychiatrist, common.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You know what else is very bizarre? That Adult Friend Finder profile. "Will you come visit me in prison? I spend a lot of the time thinking about the future. Mind (equals) blown!" Who writes like that and why would you say that on a relationship site?? Everything about all of this "evidence" just stinks.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222

If they said he sent it to an ex lover it would be more believable...but a psychiatrist, common.

Perhaps the person he sent it to was his teacher at some point and he had respect for him. It's not uncommon for students at his level to get close to professors as they work closely with them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

i would like to know why he sent it to the phyciatrist
what the first package contained and why did the doc think it was suspicous and from the shooter?

i can see why they checked for more mail - as procedure

also if it is a setup then they will find his prints, dna, hand writing all match. Because they say so, not because it actually does.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteConsciousness

The "think about the future" line reminds me of Jack Nicholson's Joker in Tim Burton's Batman. And I find it absolutely hilarious that they had agents reading Batman comics and graphic novels to learn more about the Joker.

He's the ultimate agent of chaos. There is no understanding or comprehending him. Hence why he is the most terrifying figure in media, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=14620534#pid14620534

I believe like this article on the unabobmer, that Holmes was subjected to brutal psychological and chemical experiments, and I have since the beginning.

We will never know the truth.

The Colorado university was told to not answer question and the same thing happened with the unabomber.
edit on 013131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
1) To get that level of body armor that he supposedly had, it usually requires the individual purchasing the armorea to supply a Federal badge number that is issued to law enforcement officers. Did Holmes know a person to purchase this armor for him, did he buy it secondhand from someone...?

Getting body armor isn't that hard, really.

2) To put on said body armor is not an easy task and usually requires another set of hands to go over everything to ensure maximum protection. Did he have help?

Not necessarily, and also, who's to say he put everything on perfectly?

3) Firing a weapon while wearing a gas mask is not easy. It can be done, but accuracy goes way down... could there possibly have been more than one gunman?

There were so many people in the theater, he didn't rely on accuracy. He fired into a crowded room.

I'm not bashing you, I'm just offering counter-points. You could be right, but then again, you could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My questions, without reading every article about the incident, are this..

3) Firing a weapon while wearing a gas mask is not easy. It can be done, but accuracy goes way down... could their possibly have been more than one gunman?

Those are just the most obvious things that come to mind, will have to read some more to see what else seems out of place.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

1) I just googled buy body armour (this is in the uk where our regs tend to be stricter, though not necessarily in this case, I don't know for sure) and I can buy some online right now, fairly heavy duty stuff (not probably the same as that guy had but not far off). No numbers required except your credit card...

2) I'm sure this could be done easily with a bit of practice... Even if it's weighty, when I was in the army we had to put NBC kit, webbing and a Bergen weighing about thē same as a small person on FAST and by ourselves so...??)

3) I did plenty of shooting in a respirator and it wasn't that tough at all, sure, it limits visibility a bit but that's it... It's part of the APWT to shoot in a respirator...

As for the OP... Well, it's perfectly possible that the package only just turned up.... I get post that's plenty late/delayed all the time... Although you guys don't have the crappy royal mail so... Maybe that does seem far-fetched to you guys.... I guess it's possible that it's a bogus report but, that would mean you had to buy into the whole "he did it because he was mind controlled" theory and I just don't buy it... Everyone's saying it's an anti-arms ploy, yet gun permit applications just went through the roof, kind of a stupid ploy wasn't it? Get more people to buy guns thus making it harder to disarm them? Weird plan indeed....

link   
reply to post by antonia

A teacher he was close to..

But that would contradict them painting Holmes as a loner with no friends..

If they come out and say he had a close relationship with the teacher then a lot of questions will be coming the teachers way, questions he can't answer.
edit on 25-7-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

link   

Getting body armor isn't that hard, really.

Not necessarily, and also, who's to say he put everything on perfectly?

There were so many people in the theater, he didn't rely on accuracy. He fired into a crowded room.

I'm not bashing you, I'm just offering counter-points. You could be right, but then again, you could be wrong.

No harm, no foul. All valid points and counterpoints.

Like I mentioned, I have yet to really dig deep down into this (I have no family in Aurora, but my wife and I saw our first movie in that very theater together back in 2007 when I lived there), but I'm planning on sitting down this weekend and pouring through whatever I can find on the subject. It'll be interesting to see the ballistics reports, especially in light of how many people were wounded with shrapnel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join