It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

BAM!!!!
This is the exact same way things work in Australia... and everytime i've tried to point out the faults and flaws I've had people get all angry with me... sometimes is almost as if the people running the 'programs' don't even realise how very corrupt the system they are taking part in is and when you begin to make irrefutable arguments they get very Angry, very, very angry.

Thank god i managed to find some work and will soon be saying goodbye to all of these corrupt and pointless activities and sub-contracters... The irony is that my work involves being of direct service to very rich people....
I swear you just can't avoid being in servitude to those with more.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I cant understand that people are unable to see whats really going on. If people can read this and not think something is very wrong, then... something is very wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkB4uSpeak
If people can read this and not think something is very wrong, then... something is very wrong.

That made me laugh...but I know it shouldnt. Probably the shortest most accurate reply I've seen. Nice one.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
please please please write to either bbc watchdog or rip off Britain...or some other such "watchdog" series with a bit of influence...i would say watchdog has the most...that and some major newsrags...but not sure they will want to deal with it.
You really need to wake people in Britain up about it.

i was shocked it was so bad even though i am a native and my fiance is looking for work.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Thank god i managed to find some work and will soon be saying goodbye to all of these corrupt and pointless activities and sub-contracters... The irony is that my work involves being of direct service to very rich people....
I swear you just can't avoid being in servitude to those with more.

Generally you don't look to those with less if you want to get paid. So, yeah, absolutely right.

It shouldn't be "servitude" though...

ser·vi·tude
noun

1. A condition in which one lacks liberty to determine one's course of action or way of life

...which is a precise definition of slavery. I'm not saying you're not "in servitude to those with more," as you put it...I'm just saying it shouldn't be like that, and a smart employer knows it. "Ruling through fear," a method commonly used to control and cow slaves, is not and has never been the best way to maximize the productivity of modern-day educated and intelligent employees.

I've seen several mentions throughout this thread about employers just wanting cheap labor, of being fired with zero notification so the employee doesn't find out until returning to the (now-nonexistent)job, of being kept as cheap labor only to be let go with no warning the day before the employer would be forced by law to hire you full time, etc...
The fact that these things are happening to people is terrible. It's just that its ridiculous from an economic standpoint, no real businessman thinks that's the best way to make money. And you can be sure the extremely greedy asshole vultures know it isn't good for the profit margins either; since money is all they care about they are certain to know all the best economic methods for accumulating large stacks of cash. And it has been proven over and over, using math and graphs in academia and real world empirical data, that having one mutual agreement contract employee who is well-reimbursed and content is far more valuable than a bunch of forced-labor slaves.

So either these aren't real business people doing this stuff to people, or there are other factors I am not aware of that change the economics of the situation(my bet's on that).

Here are standard definitions of Employee and Employer, as understood in the U.S., according to Wikipedia:

An employee contributes labor and expertise to an endeavor of an employer and is usually hired to perform specific duties which are packaged into a job. In most modern economies, the term "employee" refers to a specific defined relationship between an individual and a corporation, which differs from those of customer or client.

An employer's level of power over its workers is dependent upon numerous factors, the most influential being the nature of the contractual relationship between the two. This relationship is affected by three significant factors: interests, control and motivation. It is generally considered the employers' responsibility to manage and balance these factors in a way that enables a harmonious and productive working relationship.

Wiki doesn't seem to have this type of info for the UK? I'm looking for a rundown of the current definition of "employment" as understood by British Law, in a non-legalese form. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A comment from a friend on the very issue:

' I'm sure you're aware the DWP out-sources job finding responsibilities to private agencies like A4e and Injeus after 6 mths. A source working for the DWP told me they pay them £400 when you start, £2000 if they get you a job and £2000 more if you're in work 2yrs later. The laugh is you have to find my own jobs but you won't get a £4,200 bonus from the DWP if successful. '

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

People like you need to wake up and loose some of that pride you have....

I like many have had to set thier sights lower... I was an Account Manager for a large multinational IT company and found myself out of a job under the guise of company restructuring... Along with about 60 others...

What did I do??

I didn't go to the jobcentre and try and scrounge of the state...

I went to work in a factory as a quality control inspector until something better came up.... Minimum wage but loads of overtime... I take home more in a month now on average than a normal pay packet in my last job.

My advice to you is keep your heart high... Smile and have the attitude of gratitude... I was gratefull to be working even though i was not in my normal field.

Once this great country of ours gets turned around we will all be far better off, but we have to walk the road before we get to that place.

Remember do everything you do to the best of your ability and you won't go far wrong.

Peace and luck,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

This isn't about expecting one to set there sights lower. It's about corruption. Now maybe you want to read the OP again, before you make your knee jerk reaction from your high horse.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

This isn't about expecting one to set there sights lower. It's about corruption. Now maybe you want to read the OP again, before you make your knee jerk reaction from your high horse.

Actually i read the whole post....

My point is he would not be in the situation he is in if he started to think for himself instead of relying on a system that can't support the people....

Its not corupt, there are just steps in place to get people to do something for themselves, the state has to worry about the state let the people take care of themselves...

I say people need to grow up ans stop looking for the nanny state to take care of them.... It's high time people started to be responsible for themselves!!!

Korg.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I can understand your point of view, but can you not see the problems with this new scheme, I'm listening to the radio now and they are talking about how this whole scheme has been rushed through and is costing the tax payer millions, in cancelled contracts.

Lots of charities have also applied to be part of this scheme and nor a single person has been placed with a charity or voluntary organisation. Instead people are being farmed out to private companies only interested in their own private profits.

I hope that if I find myself in the situation, I will not be claiming JSA, I imagine it's easier to find a job off your own back than to go through this humiliating process. But, for those who can't find a job, this is the only alternative.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
One one hand, people should not be allowed to sit on their buns, sucking the government nipple dry. So expecting people to do 2 weeks work every 6 months, in exchange for their benefits is fair.

However, the system is set up entirely wrongly in my opinion.

The companies benefitting from this labour, should be made to pay the government "minimum wage" for each benefits slave they use. This will discourage them from sacking all their own staff, and operating purely on the labour of the benefits slaves.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I've just this minute received a phone call from the job centre - they wish to arrange a home visit (because I've just changed addresses) - Any idea why they want to visit me at home?

I'm wondering if it's because i'm living with two other people in a house share - are they checking to see if i'm still entitled to my benefits?

Very odd.

They probably want to see if they can do you for living as a couple and claiming too much benefit or something. Brace yourself, it's all about getting as much money back as they can these days and they don't even need any proof.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by blueorder
and that is the 36% of the 60% who actually voted

Indeed... and yet all those who didn't vote still bitch and moan.

Then again, who is there to vote for really? It's a "Lesser of two evils" things really.

Wasn't there a massive balls up at voting offices though? Many people were queuing up wanting to vote but they shut the doors on them.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Mate you are a Troll, get real, the whole thing is corrupt. I wont name names, but I have met many corrupt officials in one fashion or another, during my time, and yes I have worn many different types of monkey suits to make a crust .

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
By the end of the day if you do not fit the unemployment criteria, you have several options to suggest a few.

You could become a prostitute and sell yourself to one of the corrupt officials, cheaply of course at a guess its stiff competition these days.

Become a criminal and make money for the prison system and the lawyers who actually help write the rules for the majority of the corruption, of course once they catch and prosecute you and send you to jail.

Alternatively work cheaply for some devious money grabbing company, or join the lets use the public funds and play the education game of money and fraud.

By the end of the day its all about showing lower unemployment figures, using slogans of we provide you choices, we care and how can we help you. Thus continuing the reduction of wages for the public, so whichever shonky government running your show, can say its all going great, now lets give our selves a pay rise and make a few extra bucks being share holders in respective government associated business.

We are all screwed unless we start to stand up to these fraudsters and devious cronies

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If this 'government' are so determined to cut the National Debt
and 'turn it around' then they're not doing a very good job, are they ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think we all know what the real problems are ? Though if you don't
a quick search around the interweb with the line 'Money as Debt' will
make it all the clearer ?

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
My first question would be: WHY did the British public vote in the Conservatives? Don't they realize yet that the Cons are in bed with Big Business and always have been?? It scares me that the British public was stupid enough to fall for The Cons blaming Labour for a recession (depression) that is very much global in scope! You get what you vote for...

Sorry to hear all this - but it doesn't suprise me in the least.

Labour has abandoned the very unions it was built by, they are just a watered down version of true CONservatism. Until the unions pull together and form ANOTHER political party, the working class will continue to get screwed. The paradime of lift and right is over, everyone knows the political power in this country isnt willing to help anyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Dont wish to insult but you sound just like the psycho guy I met on the course.

"I should learn to think for myself"
I did and look what I found!!!

And why should I expect LESS when those we work for want MORE?

I notice not one person has clicked the star button on your post. These are not used as a reward they are used as a method of showing agreement. Maybe you need to do some thinking.

I was surprised how far this thread went without TROLL interference..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
The media is ran by the rich and tailored for middle-class people who believe that anyone who is working class is complete scum and deserve to jump through hoops and live in abject poverty until one day they've had enough of being poor and magically sort themselves out.

Huh?
The middle-class are the working-class. Are you saying middle-class people think of themselves as scum, etc?

If they were working class then they wouldnt be listed as middle class.

And just so you know, the middle-classes base income is around £44,000 - They're professionals, unlikely to loose there "educated" jobs - Many are simply out of touch with the realities of what the working class have to earn and papers like the Daily Fail only convince em that the working classes are thieving scum bags with to much money and not enough "get up and go"
If i was an alien watching how Britain works, i'd be laughing my ass off at the primitiveness of society.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
if you feel like topping yourself then you are ill. Go and see the doctor and get signed off sick, no courses to go on then. The darkest hour is always just before dawn.
Try not to take the anti-depressants -another example of corruption, just look at all the kids on ritalin?
Best wishes and know that it as always been this way. Count your blessings...

Funny thing, my father was on the sick for depression, the doctor, with all his political knowledge told him that the country was broke and he had to go out and work - Basicly kicked him off the sick because of his own political allegiance.
Maximum wage my dad will earn in a FT min wage job: about 10,000 after tax.
How much will the good doctor be earning annually? Atleast 60,000.

But the country's broke and its up to the poor to sort it out, as usual.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join