It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Protester: …in a few days you’re going to see what a Molotov cocktail can do to Macy’s.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imlookingthroughyou
i supported the cause in the beginning but not anymore :/ what happened to non violence ???

would you believe in non-violence for the few moments you're alive in a cage with a tiger?

or would your instinct kick in for a moment to fight back?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I say good...I personally won't take part in the violence But I'd love to see America burned to the ground. We can bitch about a bad economy but the consumerism that brings America it's so called good life is exactly the heart and soul of all of our misery.

Let the good fight begin.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Blaine91555

How do you figure they are stomping on everyone elses rights?

Throwing a Molotov Cocktail at a building is what in your mind? That's what you are defending.

If somebody is hurt or the building owner is damaged are their rights not being ignored? Of course they are.

If you block a street so nobody else can use it to get to work or you block customers from getting to innocent businesses harming them, is that your right? You are denying them their rights and there is no way to rationalize otherwise without lying.

If a person tries to force everyone else to do what they want and don't give a damn about anyone else, they are by definition a sociopath. No way around that.

I still support the real protestors, but the thugs and Anarchists, to hell with them. They lie so much they don't even know they are lying anymore. They only care about themselves and to hell with everyone else.

Like today I've seen more than one post lying, saying they were thrown out of a park in NYC that is public. Both things are lies.

The park is privately owned. They were not thrown out, they just can't live there. They can protest all they wish as long as they DO NOT STOMP ALL OVER OTHER PEOPLES RIGHTS! Living in the park is not protest, it's stupidity that drives people away from the cause. You know support has dropped from over 70% to below 40% because the idiots took over the spotlight.

Why do you suppose they keep lying? Because good people lie? Or is it because they could care less about anything other than themselves. The answer is so obvious a child could see it, a sociopath cannot. What do you think Anarchist are? Good neighbors who get along with everyone else and have respect for everyone else

99% of us are not that dumb and most of the protestors are not that dumb, they just don't know what to do because they were taken over. I will always support peaceful protest completely, that's not what we are talking about here.

My god if they got their way you have any idea what a horrible place this country would be!

Support the protestors but be honest about the thugs.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

That is crazy. The US is the most free country on the planet right now.

Instead of destroying it, why not fix it instead? No, that would be the product of a sane mind. It's what a rational person would say.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ahh yes.. The usual way of solving problems in america use threats and violence ...

Typical...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The US is the most free country on the planet right now.

Lol ..what a joke and false statement

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

you are an idiot.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The US is the most free country on the planet right now.

Lol ..what a joke and false statement

+1

Not sure if you guys have read, but the guy who made the claims in the Video was arrested for "Terrorist" charges for making those threats, thanks to it going viral on youtube. He is sitting in a NY jail right now. So much for freedom of speech. You think you are free, get picked up for "terrorist" charges, which means they can use that line at you on just about anything, then you have ZERO rights. They don't have to take you to court, they can hold you AS LONG AS THEY LIKE...including for life now.

Land of the free...lmao. Thank you Patriot Act...internet is next

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
c'mon folks, this is totally non violent, and completely taken out of context. It's going to be freezing, and snowing, and with all those protesters needing a readily available heat source to stay warm, why not Macy's

J/K,

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The comments on this thread are interesting and a good number jive pretty close with what I've heard from people I know who live or work in NYC. The locals who aren't in OWS are about sick of it and ready to see the NYPD do what it takes to end it. If any OWS group actually goes to violence tomorrow, I would fully expect the "99%" in the city around them to not only support but DEMAND it be brought to an end, at least in that city.

What worries me here is that I've seen one riot closer than I'd like to ever see again. That was the King riot in Los Angeles. This isn't something OWS can sit back and get consensus on like they keep doing on every inane thing to cross someone's mind. These things can spiral clear out of hand and take on a life all their own before anyone directly involved even realizes it's begun to happen. Once things reach a tipping point of anger, raw passion and reckless attitudes, it's damn near impossible to bring back without a blow out.

The emotions from both the community and OWS mixed with the Police who have never been friends at any point put the ingredients there if the numbers are really anywhere near what OWS is calling for. I didn't believe Oakland could muster the numbers, until the did it on their General Strike day. I didn't think OWS Manhattan had it in them until the General Assembly running the 'People's Mic' FOUR LAYERS out. There had to be thousands and thousands there last night.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I really hope OWS has people to keep the IDIOTS and hotheads in check or just kick their tails and hand them to the cops for processing out of the protest. Shock NYPD with responsibility for a change.... Anything else could be a tragedy our Children's children are reading about along side the Watts Riots. Then again...I wonder if some in OWS leadership just want that to happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
If so, in a few days, protesters in NYC will find out what the NYPD are actually capable of.

Too bad, most Americans will have no sympathy for the OWS movement if they choose to go violent and destroy property.

When spoiled brats can't get their way, eventually they throw a tantrum.

Seems like you're projecting a bit chap. Describing yourself are we?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Let's see if I can think as lib and make the ironic connection here.

Liberals, of any kind - good
Luxury store of any kind like Macy's - bad
Gay people are normally liberal
Successful gay fashion designers sell their line at Macy's
OWS tries to put Macy's out of business - good..
Macy's goes out of business - gay liberal designer is now unemployed.
Macy's gone forever- greedy corporate CEO's wife can no longer buy the artsy liberal designer stuff'. Asks for divorce,
No jobs left anywhere, everybody including CEO now forced to hunt and gather like primitive man, thanks to OWS.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Alxandro because: Premature submit co new iPhone learning curve

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
c'mon folks, this is totally non violent, and completely taken out of context. It's going to be freezing, and snowing, and with all those protesters needing a readily available heat source to stay warm, why not Macy's

J/K,

Holy crap...I didn't even think about that....HAARP anyone? LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
They said on the news that dude was arrested tonite for making terroristic threats which it was.

oh well looks like he won't be joining in all the mayhem.
edit on 16-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Peaceful protest is sooo cute! Its also scientifically proven to be ignorable and pitifully ineffective. But otherwise, yeah its awesome. That Tree of Liberty thing, while unfortunate, is accurate.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

So how exactly will the protesters know that they have accomplished their goal?
Or does this just go on forever until everything is burned to the ground...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Peaceful protest is sooo cute! Its also scientifically proven to be ignorable and pitifully ineffective. But otherwise, yeah its awesome. That Tree of Liberty thing, while unfortunate, is accurate.

Yes i agree it's cute and it's ineffective. You know what would be really effective...
They should all go on a hunger strike ! That's the solution, they would get attention and compassion

I say if they want to sacrifice themselves they should go all the way

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

They better watch out, or those fires might bring down a random tower … or three.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, but a former Philadelphia Police Captain has joined and is urging the NYPD to join the protests.
HERE

edit on 16-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Skewed

Actually the people behind the original Boston Tea Party were complete pricks. They screwed over a lot of American business owners even Benjamin Franklin frowned upon it.

edit on 16-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Maybe they were pricks and maybe they were not. I would not go as far as to say they screwed business owners over, maybe collateral damage, which in scenarios such as that it is bound to happen to someone. I am sure they recovered once they got the tea situation straightened out. Just the cost of freedom.

As far as Ben not agreeing with it, oh well, the majority ruled. Not everyone that signed the Declaration of Independence completely agreed with it either.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join