It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't Americans be as great as Europeans????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

When you got involved was 1942 a full twelve months after we (the uk not the english) held the nazis off by ourselves. It was not free your banks/government were charging interest.

edit on 23-10-2011 by hotel1 because: t for r

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Now are you sure?
I suggest you do some basic research on that.
Being the so proud American you should know that nothing comes for free in or from the USA.

edit on 23/10/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

awesome third line

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

edit on 23-10-2011 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Originally posted by iamnang

I'm not silly mate, I said your native tongue not English. I might be European but I'm not stupid Mr.

LOL! Good one!

I thought you would find hope in that message. When you come here you will be free from the prison you have been in and have a second chance to live life as a free man or woman.
edit on 23-10-2011 by tHEpROGRESSIVE because: (no reason given)

Love to come. Is the freedom before or after the TSA put their hands in mine and my families pants?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For the record I would just like to say that I don't mind American Football, I just don't get why you insist on calling it football when it's predominantly held or thrown by the hands.

I don't mind watching Baseball as well - it's just the whole 'World Series' thing that cracks me up.

Guess I like most sports.
Still prefer real Football, Cricket and Rugby though.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I don't mind watching Baseball as well - it's just the whole 'World Series' thing that cracks me up.

I thought the rounders World Series name came from a sponsor thing?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tHEpROGRESSIVE
reply to post by Trolloks

I am not being sarcastic. What did I say that was not true? America is the greatest country to ever exist on the face of the Earth. Europeans hate us because they envy us and they know they can never be as great as us. The good Europeans just admit it to themselves and do whatever they can to move here.

"The most important factor that determines a country’s rate of immigration is the availability of jobs, Janne Batalova, an immigration policy analyst at the Migration Policy Institute, told Life’s Little Mysteries. With America still running the world’s largest economy, it is little surprise that people moving to the U.S. account for 20 percent of the entire planet’s immigration, according to the U.N. Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Russia and Germany, two more countries with top 10 economies, follow behind the U.S. with about 5 percent of the world’s immigrants each."

"In terms of the U.S., it's widely known that no other countries can really match the economic, educational, and social mobility for people in all walks of life," Batalova said.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 23-10-2011 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Both America and Europe are amazing places. This reminds me of a circumcised thread. Both sides belittle the other when we should all just be glad to pee standing up.

Well said! Hear Hear!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

For the record I would just like to say that I don't mind American Football, I just don't get why you insist on calling it football when it's predominantly held or thrown by the hands.

I'm from the US and I've also wondered that myself, in passing. They should have just stuck with Gridiron, or some such, no?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Misterlondon

Then why even post that? Who cares if you upset some of us Americans. Speak your mind.

I could be wrong.

But I think he's trying to say that it takes a fewer number of Americans to occupy the same standing space as it would Europeans due to size.

We Americans need to be large to fight off bears and fit into larger automobiles!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

We ended up writing off the loans because we are sweet and generous.
See not only are we awesome but we are kind and forgiving and generous.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

We are supposed to be the country who protested our way to becoming a country.

If you genuinely believe, and worse, were actually taught that the Revolution for American Independence was this hippie sit in protest that some how shamed the King of England and his loyalists into surrendering, then maybe you're right and American's cannot be as great as Europeans, because I sure read a lot of American's insisting that the U.S. was founded on protest, and I cannot ever think of a time when I have heard such pablum from Europeans. When Europeans know American history better than American's, I suppose you're right, and Europeans are great, and American's not so great.

Step up! Educate yourself and deny ignorance!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No you didn't.

ETA.
The final payment of over £42million, approximately $80million, was made at the end of 2006.
edit on 23/10/11 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No you didn't.

ETA.
The final payment of over £42million, approximately $80million, was made at the end of 2006.
edit on 23/10/11 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

Oh my bad, we only gave you a 90% discount when you decided to keep the stuff instead of return it. We are so nice that we not only gave you a 90% discount but we also spread the loan out for 50 years at a mere 2% interest. Now if that is not generous I dont know what is. With those terms it was like we gave it to you but then just set up the loan so you could still feel good about yourselves.

There was no charge for the Lend Lease aid delivered during the war, but the Americans did expect the return of some durable goods such as ships. Congress had not authorized the gift of supplies after the war, so the administration charged for them, usually at a 90% discount. Large quantities of undelivered goods were in Britain or in transit when Lend-Lease terminated on 2 September 1945. Britain wished to retain some of this equipment in the immediate post war period. In 1946, the post-war Anglo-American loan further indebted Britain to the U.S. Lend-lease items retained were sold to Britain at 10% of nominal value, giving an initial loan value of £1.075 billion for the Lend Lease portion of the post-war loans. Payment was to be stretched out over 50 annual payments, starting in 1951 and with five years of deferred payments, at 2% interest.[27] The final payment of $83.3 million (£42.5 million), due on 31 December 2006 (repayment having been deferred in the allowed five years), was made on 29 December 2006 (the last working day of the year). After this final payment Britain's Economic Secretary to the Treasury, Ed Balls, formally thanked the U.S. for its wartime support.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What you stated was wrong.

No-one denies that the USA provided much needed aid.

But nothings for free....the USA got much back in return, not just financial repayments.
And American companies made large profits trading with both sides.

How about answering some of my responses to your other posts.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Why can't Americans be as great as Europeans?

I've traveled a fair amount in Europe.

I was not impressed with their imperious haughtiness.
I was not impressed with their Godlessness.
I was not impressed with their dirt.

They do make some good bread, however.

edit on 23/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: trying to get pics to display properly

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

What you stated was wrong.

No-one denies that the USA provided much needed aid.

But nothings for free....the USA got much back in return, not just financial repayments.
And American companies made large profits trading with both sides.

How about answering some of my responses to your other posts.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Have I ever heard of rugby?"
Yes
"Now are you sure about that?"
Not totally. Can we ever be really sure about anything.

There you go. Sorry I missed your question.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

I give you a S/F out of respect for the time taken to post your thread. I don't agree with you view for one simple reason. I get sick and tired of people telling me what America is and what America feels, Based On Outside Opinions.!! I don't give a damn what UK or China Or Korea etc has to say and sure don't take stock in the opinions of Sports casters anymore than I care about MSM Newscasters..Furthermore what does cheering a sports event have to do with greatness?? Come on..
edit on 23-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

I'm not American bashing here but what you say you're sick of is the very thing that has given the average American the rep they have in other countries. People in other countries are told by Americans what their country is and how they feel. And they're wrong which is why so much American bashing goes on.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

We are supposed to be the country who protested our way to becoming a country.

If you genuinely believe, and worse, were actually taught that the Revolution for American Independence was this hippie sit in protest that some how shamed the King of England and his loyalists into surrendering, then maybe you're right and American's cannot be as great as Europeans, because I sure read a lot of American's insisting that the U.S. was founded on protest, and I cannot ever think of a time when I have heard such pablum from Europeans. When Europeans know American history better than American's, I suppose you're right, and Europeans are great, and American's not so great.

Step up! Educate yourself and deny ignorance!

It started as a protested. That's what the Boston tea party was about.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Guess I like most sports.
Still prefer real Football, Cricket and Rugby though.

Well in Australia we call rugby and Aussie rules football as well and we call soccer soccer. I'm not sure but I think at a guess that rugby was already being called football before soccer came along way back when. In fact the term soccer was first coined in England.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join