It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you guys have questions about law enforcement using lies or deception, by all means ask. Or if you have questions about any other aspect of investigation.

We dont know until we ask, and even the the naswer might be something completely different than what you are expecting.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is getting scary... Another blond baby. Another 'missing from her bed'. Another little girl.

Police Searching For Missing Waterville Toddler

WATERVILLE, Maine -- Waterville police said they are investigating the disappearance and possible abduction of a 20-month-old from her home.

Police were called to 29 Violette Ave. in Waterville Saturday morning after receiving a report from the father of the toddler, Alya Reynolds.

Police said Ayla was reported sleeping in her bed on Friday at about 10 p.m. by a family member.

Investigators say this morning at 8:51 a.m., Ayla's father called police after learning that the child was not in her bed and could not be located in the residence.

A search of the neighborhood surrounding the house has been conducted by members of the Waterville Police Department, Waterville Fire Department, and Maine State Warden Service, to include a flyover of the Warden Service's plane.

Ayla's family members are cooperating fully with police.

The Police Department is requesting assistance from the general public in locating Ayla.

Ayla was last seen wearing a green one-piece pajama with polkadots and the words "Daddy's Princess" written on them.

She is 2 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighs approximately 30 pounds.

Ayla's left arm is in a sling and soft splint. She has short, thin blonde hair.

Any individual with information regarding Ayla's whereabouts is asked to call the Waterville Police Department at 207-680-4700

Downright scary... I'm really at a loss for words. I don't want to jump to conclusions - why her arm is in the splint, etc. Nor do I want to jump to conclusions this might have something to do with Lisa - of course not.

What my gut is telling me? Parents who do NOT cooperate with the police, IMO, don't help the other little children out there who think they're safe in their beds at night.

peace

edit on 18-12-2011 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Check this one out -
Smiley Face Gang - Murder Theory

The Smiley face murder theory (variations include Smiley face murders, Smiley face killings, Smiley face gang, and others) is a theory advanced by two retired New York City detectives, Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte, that a number of young men found dead in bodies of water across several states over the last decade did not accidentally drown, as concluded by law enforcement agencies, but were victims of a serial killer or killers.

So far law enforcement in a few states have rejected this theory, even though the theory suggested is sound based on occurence / evidence at each scene. One of the issues of acknowledging the existance of a serial killer is it undermines public safety in that people tend to lose faith in law enforcement, and in doing so can give rise to amateur sluthes as well as vigilante groups.

Im not condoning that position by the way. Personally speaking I prefer to treat people in situations like that as soldiers sot o speak, giving them the info they need to remain safe and be warry, rather than treating them like victims and hiding the truth using the argument of public safety through ignorance (since im im in no position to make those decisions, I have to stick with "ifwishing made it so".)

Other theories discussed about possible serial killers -

The Zodiac Killer is still alive as far as we know, and recently a letter was located dated from 1978.
The Zodiac Killer

Another theory has the Zodiac Killer linked with the Unibomber, Ted Kacyznski, as possibly being the same person. The theory holds that a behaviorla profiile of each killer individually are incomplete, but when you combine the 2 people, the profile becomes complete. This is speculation of course.

The Boston strangler - Albert Desalvo - Arrested and sentenced to life in prison. A theory coming forward questions if Desalvo acted alone. Several people who supposedly witnessed the suspect have given conflicting descriptions of the killer, rnaging from old to young, chubby to thin. The theory possibly links those murders to a nation wide cult, going back to Charles Manson and his views.

Currently a serial killer is loose in New York, with the bodies of 10 prostitues currently being exhumed in the killlers dumping grounds.

The I-70 killer - Dating back to the 1990's people have been found shot and killed in strip malls that line higway 70 across a bunch of states. To date no real forensic info has been obtained to even give police an idea of where to look, with the exception of one possible ID by a shop owner and even then they arent sure iof the person was was related or just shopping.

The BTK killer - Bind, torture and killed people in Topeka Kansas dating back to the 1970s'. Turns out Eric Rader was the killer and only got caught after taunting police in the early part of 2000's. He was caught after sneding the police a message on a computer floppy disk, which the police were able to identify and trace back.

One of the issue we have when it comes to crime is the level of coincidence that arises, suggesting a wide range conspiracy than an isolated incident. Based on probability, if we looked at all murders in the US for a 1 month period, the possibility of it looking like a serial killer is loose based on victim descriptions would be off the chart.

Genetics is not infinite, which means people will have the same eye color, hair color (whether natural or not, same with eyes), height, weight, etc etc etc. The abductions of children, especially newborns / extremely young, get even worse because at that stage in life, they all look the same.

The problem then becomes determining if its serial, or coincidence.

As we see, not an easy task.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

One of the issue we have when it comes to crime is the level of coincidence that arises, suggesting a wide range conspiracy than an isolated incident. Based on probability, if we looked at all murders in the US for a 1 month period, the possibility of it looking like a serial killer is loose based on victim descriptions would be off the chart.

Genetics is not infinite, which means people will have the same eye color, hair color (whether natural or not, same with eyes), height, weight, etc etc etc. The abductions of children, especially newborns / extremely young, get even worse because at that stage in life, they all look the same.

The problem then becomes determining if its serial, or coincidence.

As we see, not an easy task.

Daunting to say the very least.
Do I think the case is connected - no. It's just another eerie coincidence that's plagued the 'Lisa' case since day one.
On the other hand? I'm sure those who are of the opinion Lisa was abducted will place these two little girls side by side. That is if we're looking at another abduction. We'll have to - as always - wait and see.

Thank you again for all your information and work you've put into this thread.

peace and Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The government often lies to its citizens. That should not surprise anyone anymore.

Lisa might not ever be found. Her parents have to deal with her loss in their own way.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
'Dingo Took My Baby' Case Reopened

A fresh turn in the spotlight for an infamous, three-decade-old case: Australia will conduct a fourth inquest into the death of Azaria Chamberlain, who disappeared in 1980 in the Australian outback; her mother famously said that a dingo took the nine-week-old child from their tent. Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton was found guilty of murder in 1982 and sentenced to life in prison; that conviction was later overturned after a piece of Azaria's clothing was found near a dingo den, notes the AFP; the child's body was never found.

The Australian reports that the case is being reopened because new information about recent dingo attacks was given to the Northern Territory coroner by the Chamberlains' lawyers. Among the included incidents, as noted by the Telegraph: a 9-year-old boy was mauled to death in 2001 by two dingoes, and a four-year-old girl was harmed in 2007. The new inquest will begin on Feb. 24.

It's cases like this that make me wonder how long we'll be waiting for something to 'turn up' in the Lisa case.

peace

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My personal opinion when it comes to biometrics is privacy concerns should error on the side of the individual and not the government. By biometrics I mean facial recognition software, fingerprint identification, iris verification, voice verification ec.

We have all of this technology available, and the bulk of it is accepted in a court of law as sound science on a legal basis. We have cameras at intersection that can snap a picture of the car, the license plate as well as the drivers face - All done within a second.

A new camera system that is being released for individuals who like photography can perform over a trillion exposures a second now (that article is on this site somewhere).

Im all about privacy and the rights that protect us from government intrusion. However, 2 important exceptions exist -

* - People have no expectation of privacy in public (broad sense)
* - Public safety and welfare can infringe on that right to privacy in rare circumstances when a life is at risk.

I wouldn't mind seeing all of these observation systems that are currently in use adapted to scan for missing / exploited children. Obviously the legislation would need to be extremely exact and narrow to ensure its used only for locating missing / abducted children.

We have satellite technology that can read fine print on a matchbook cover from geosynchronous orbit, we can scan intersections and snap multiple pictures, right down to the driver.. Why this has never been done is beyond me. I even went so far as to send in suggestions to several places with this info - and nothing.

I am in no way shape or form demonizing anyone who volunteers their time to assist in looking for a complete and total stranger. With that being said, coupled with the nature of capitalism, sometimes part of me wonders if the end goal has less to do with finding a missing child and more to do with being able to recoup / charge the system / family / donations to turn a profit, regardless of outcome.

Then again im also in favor of equipping all babies with car style lojack gps tracking system until they turn 18, at which point they can get rid of it (like how we can microhip family pets).

Extreme? - maybe...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Then again im also in favor of equipping all babies with car style lojack gps tracking system until they turn 18, at which point they can get rid of it (like how we can microhip family pets).

Extreme? - maybe...

Good idea in concept, however I fear many out there would see this as the christian view of taking on the "mark of the beast". Thus, to them, would certainly be extreme.

Also, how secure can we make the gps tracking, don't want psycho dad using it to find out where mom and the kids are hiding out.
edit on 21-12-2011 by vogon42 because: gps tracking note

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Also, how secure can we make the gps tracking, don't want psycho dad using it to find out where mom and the kids are hiding out.

That's the problem! It's got so many good points to it BUT the down side is pretty nasty all the way around.

peace

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are systems that allows the information to be encrypted / restricted. As an example there are several law enforcement agencies in Missouri that use the system on their patrol cars. In the dispatch center you can see a large map of the city / county / state of MO (depending on which agency we are talking about). On that map you can see the little symbols of various units and the tracking of those units updates like every 5-15 seconds.

They can show direction of travel, speed etc. To date I have not heard of anyone who is not authorized being able to get into those systems. Not saying it could never happen but you get the idea.

My suggestion though was partially serious and partially sarcastic. We have all of this technology available yet we always come back to potential abuse of the advancement. I think our mindset when it comes to children should be a little more open minded (to error on the side of the child and worry less about potential abuse of the system).

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
There are systems that allows the information to be encrypted / restricted. ..... To date I have not heard of anyone who is not authorized being able to get into those systems. Not saying it could never happen but you get the idea.

Actually with my background in computer science...all it really takes is one person with a packet sniffer and a lot of determination. Technology is always evolving (for both good and bad reasons)

..... I think our mindset when it comes to children should be a little more open minded (to error on the side of the child and worry less about potential abuse of the system).

I agree, but at the same time am a bit confused. (let me try and explain....hope it doesn't sound too.....whatever, just trying to parse it out in my own mind)

So if 9 children are saved by this technology, but at the same time this technology allows "psycho dad" to pinpoint the location of mom, and kill the child...... do we say the 10% death rate is justified by the 90% save rate?

Or do we say that even a 1% death rate is too much?
edit on 22-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by vogon42 because: because I hate thhis stupid touchpad on my laptop

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Any death is one to many...

As for dad, there are no guarantees in life nor is life safe and easy. Trust me the saying "Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither" is at the very front of my thought process. I have first hand experiece of how the system and the information contained can be used improperly / unethically.

As for your question, let me turn it back around - If this technology could save 9 out of 10 abducted children, would the parents of the 10th child deny those 9 parents of their children because it failed for them?

To me it reminds me of the seatbelt argument. Just because you are wearing one in a car doesnt mean you will suurvive an accident. At the same time not wearing a seatbelt have actually saved lives when the accident wouldhave killed the person if they weren't thrown free.

How about a compromise?

For the low jack gps system, ket the parents decide if they want it or not.
For abductions, upgrade the camera / bio recognition to scan for missing / abducted / exploited children.

If an idea is capable of saving even 1 life, then its worth further discussion and investigation to see if it can be imporved on.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
although its not any new info

www.hlntv.com...

at least she is not totally gone from the media attention.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Sleepless night....was looking around at Missing Persons, vanished persons, etc. Wound up at the FBI Missing Persons list.

Lisa is not listed, but Aliyiah Lunsford is. She went missing 9/24. How long does a person have to be gone before they "make" that list?

Disturbing.

I hope those two boys are okay.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Sleepless night....was looking around at Missing Persons, vanished persons, etc. Wound up at the FBI Missing Persons list.

Lisa is not listed, but Aliyiah Lunsford is. She went missing 9/24. How long does a person have to be gone before they "make" that list?

Disturbing.

I hope those two boys are okay.

The criteria to make the list has nothing to do with, solely, amount of time missing. It deals with a lot of factors, including how the case is classified and investigation.

I was shocked they managed to get an amber alert issued, since it didn't even meet that criteria.
edit on 24-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY LISA !
I hope you are smiling today, wherever you are .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Happy New Year Baby Lisa.

I hope where ever you may be, you find some happiness.

IWOH

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Update On Missing Baby Lisa Irwin Case

1-year-old Lisa Irwin of Kansas City, Mo., has been missing almost three months. A police spokesman said the same detectives who were initially on the case remain on the case, and there is little else to report. The case remains classified as a missing/abducted child, the spokesman said.

So, nothing new. Stagnant. Cold.

peace

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Baby Lisa, Still on our Minds

Three months ago, on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, Lisa Irwin disappeared from her Kansas City, Mo. home at 36th Street and North Lister.

Kansas City, Mo. police say their investigation continues into the October 4th disappearance, although there are no new developments in the case.

There has been little to report since November. On November 29th, FOX 4 reported that the Irwin family asked a group that calls itself “Lisa’s Angels” to stop holding vigils in the family’s yard. Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin’s attorney said they wanted privacy and time to heal.

Also in November, Rasleen Raim, the mother of Irwin’s eight-year-old son went to court to fight for custody of their son. She said the environment was not healthy and expressed concern for his welfare.

On November 23rd, six weeks into the investigation, police disbanded the Northland command post used by investigators.

Prayers for Lisa...

peace

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Hopefully one day soon something will break the case open and the little angel will be found !

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join