It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell debris tested - - Not from Earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

I heard that hares are from Mars and rabbits came from Venus. Confirm? Deny?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ICAND

I realize this. But the metallurgy needed to do some of the things they seem to be capable of, assuming they exist, would be jaw dropping. Layering a few metals isn't going to impress anyone. I think the key to advanced metallurgy is complete control of the alloy on the atomic level. I'm glad you chimed in though. Nice to hear some reason in this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Ross 54

I heard that hares are from Mars and rabbits came from Venus. Confirm? Deny?
The Chinese thought they saw a 'Hare in the Moon', instead of a 'Man in the Moon', and the constellation Lepus, the Hare, is South of Orion. So the hares seem to have hopped to far and diverse places, celestially speaking. Aesop confirms the traveling ability of the hare, in his account of the Hare and the Tortoise. Too bad he got so cocky, and lost the race anyway. The rabbits seem meek non-starters by comparison. Those tiny layers photographed in the Roswell metal (nanometer scale) are interesting. I'm trying to figure out how, or why they'd go to the trouble to make beer cans or pots and pans in a great multitude of minute, separate layers. Pretty fine work for such mundane objects! Sounds more like the trouble they used to go to with the famous swords of Toledo. The metal flattened and folded over and flattened again, a great many times. All the many resulting layers gave the blades special properties, as I recall. Ross
edit on 17-7-2011 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Could be pure coincidence that the metal is layered. Could've happened in a fire.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Ross 54

Could be pure coincidence that the metal is layered. Could've happened in a fire.
How, please? Ross

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Anything molten often cools as it flows and forms layers in nature. In fact in nature I'd think something is more likely to end up cooling in layers than all at once.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Ross 54

Anything molten often cools as it flows and forms layers in nature. In fact in nature I'd think something is more likely to end up cooling in layers than all at once.

I don't understand why people are still trying to come up with "extraordinary" claims and/or explanations for this piece of metal -- a piece of metal that seems to have all of the characteristics consistent with just a normal piece of aluminum.

I completely understand why Mr. Kimbler would want the sample retested, but it's not like the first tests showed anything conclusive. There is no reason yet to believe this is anything other than normal aluminum.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I don't understand why people are still trying to come up with "extraordinary" claims and/or explanations for this piece of metal -- a piece of metal that seems to have all of the characteristics consistent with just a normal piece of aluminum.

I completely understand why Mr. Kimbler would want the sample retested, but it's not like the first tests showed anything conclusive. There is no reason yet to believe this is anything other than normal aluminum.

I'm not trying to come up with anything spectacular. I'm just giving examples of how things could have happened since people want an explanation because they think a layered metal is somehow spectacular. People have been doing it for a very long time! Long before they knew anything about isotopes or complex alloys. They just knew that folding metal while adding certain other metals between the layers made it stronger.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

It would also be layered if it was simply a normal Earth-made aluminum alloy -- an idea which is consistent with the test results.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Ross 54

That's very true, of course. What seems open to question is that layers on the order of 10 to 20 millionths of a meter thick would be formed in this manner. The viscosity of molten aluminum would presumably tend to pull the surrounding material along with it, seemingly creating much thicker layers. Is there any evidence available of super-thin layers forming spontaneously in molten aluminum?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Ross 54

Not quite *all* the characteristics of a normal aluminum alloy, it seems. The nearest match was reportedly alloy 3004, but even here, manganese was found to be at least ~ 50 % deficient, iron ~ 75 % deficient, and zinc ~ 88% deficient. Any single test, or any set of tests from a single laboratory is considered inconclusive. This is not a criticism of the work of any one lab, nor is it due to special skepticism about a particular finding. It is simply good, standard scientific procedure. Nothing of significance can be assumed until other labs have duplicated initial results. Ross

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

I think I see a pattern here.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Not quite *all* the characteristics of a normal aluminum alloy, it seems. The nearest match was reportedly alloy 3004, but even here, manganese was found to be at least ~ 50 % deficient, iron ~ 75 % deficient, and zinc ~ 88% deficient....

Where is this in the test results? The only thing I saw about the composition of the alloy was this quote from the OP's article:

It turned out to be an aluminum, silicon, manganese, copper alloy. It is not unknown, but it is used in construction and not usually found in a foil form.

I understand that the ratios found for the Magnesium isotopes were questionable enough to warrant additional tests, but the fact still remains that they were inconclusive -- i.e., the results so far could still be considered to be consistent with Earth-made aluminum.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Not quite *all* the characteristics of a normal aluminum alloy, it seems. The nearest match was reportedly alloy 3004, but even here, manganese was found to be at least ~ 50 % deficient, iron ~ 75 % deficient, and zinc ~ 88% deficient....

Where is this in the test results? The only thing I saw about the composition of the alloy was this quote from the OP's article:

It turned out to be an aluminum, silicon, manganese, copper alloy. It is not unknown, but it is used in construction and not usually found in a foil form.

I understand that the ratios found for the Magnesium isotopes were questionable enough to warrant additional tests, but the fact still remains that they were inconclusive -- i.e., the results so far could still be considered to be consistent with Earth-made aluminum.
The table of elements found in the metal by the University of New Mexico was included in the Openminds article, linked to in the OP. I compared these to multiple sources, which agreed, on the composition of alloy 3004, the nearest match. I don't disagree that the results of the tests of magnesium ratios are, so far, inconclusive, but they would still be considered inconclusive, no matter what the tests had found. Ross

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The governer hided everything away from us.DEMN

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Is it possible that it is a more exact match to another alloy that you don't know about, but is still a known alloy?

I'm just going by the article that states that the alloy is a known one.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think that's quite damn interesting. As I don't evaluate chemistry or something like that, it will be difficult for me to say anything.

[Mod Edit - Removed spam links]
edit on 17/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Ross 54

Is it possible that it is a more exact match to another alloy that you don't know about, but is still a known alloy?

I'm just going by the article that states that the alloy is a known one.

I am merely going by what Frank Kimbler told us when he kindly visited this thread recently. He reported that the closest match to a know alloy was to AA 3004, as determined by the scientific tests. 'Closest match' is not the same as saying the Roswell metal is definitely a known alloy. Future tests should help clarify this. If anyone can identify another alloy that better matches the Roswell metal, and so, maybe, explains the notable differences from 3004, I would like to hear of it. Ross

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
if i were an advanced alien species, i would use normal everyday aluminum as an outer shell on my spacecraft, but with special applied refrigerated force field to cool the skin and protect it from impacts, and if and when it might crash, it would only look natural and not leave anything for the natives to question

Thats what i'd do if i were alien

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
All these people who know so much about aluminum alloys... they must be the aluminati!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join