It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is reincarnation possible?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hey there

Did anyone ever heard of a real life reincarnation case? Do you think it is actually possible?
I've just been wondering how is it possible to have past life memories or memories that do not belong to you.

Thanks guys

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruthseeker789

It doesn't just exist. It is the purpose of life.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

and what is the purpose of life then?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I would suggest reading 'Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife' by Mary Roach. She covers this topic by going to India and talking to a researcher who looks into modern day cases of reincarnation.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

To pass on your genes to the next generation and ensure the continuation of the species

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
We will all find out when our time is due lol.

Until then get on and enjoy your life, man has asked these questions since the beginning of time i would imagine and we still cant prove it 1 way or the other, Que Sera Sera.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The Buddist teachings speak of reincarnation as it it was the norm. Im pretty science wise guy, i like facts and figures to back things up. However the buddist religion is one of the old and most respected faiths in the world so its hard to argue either way.

The easiest way to look at it is through the eyes of your conciousness, not just your physical mind build into a body. Science is on the brink of explaining "The Spirit Molecule" found in our bodies which many belive is the soul or conciousness itself.

Watch a film called "The Spirit Molecule" (IMDB Link: www.imdb.com...). It shows that our bodies naturally produce a substance called Dimethyltryptamine or '___'.

'___' is a class 1 hallucinogen and is pretty much illegal in every country in the world. They belive that this substance is what give us conciousness and links us to the "information field" that governs the universe.

In the film certain exeriments are done using '___' on people and its amazing to watch. When given '___', thase people, for all intensive puposeses are no longer on this planet. Thier minds are so far away from thier bodies.

Through thease experiments its really not hard to fathom that the possibility of re-incarnation is a scientific process. Ofcourse its not definitive evidence but its as close as your going to get with our current technology.

And of course all the while the buddists laugh at us because they have been trying to tell us all this for the last 5000 years.

Anyway im 50/50 on the whole subject, but watch the film and see what you think

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
To live.

second line

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Myself, I though the purpose of life was to pro-create. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

But life cannot persist without procreation or reproduction of the organisms self- (better adapted to its environment from evolution through the mutations in genes which allow it to mutate genetically and become more attuned to its surroundings)

I'm not so sure about re-incarnation. I don't know how to prove that exists but i'll leave the possibility of it being plausible open to discretion
edit on 7-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

I absolutely cannot wait to watch that film! I have heard so much about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruthseeker789
reply to post by LightAssassin

and what is the purpose of life then?

To perfect one's spirit, to become fully accountable, completely self-responsible, and live in total harmony with the environment around us.

And '___':The Spirit Molecule is a very interesting doco, and the experience itself is unexplainable.
edit on 7-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
with the way the population has grown over time and assuming reincarnation happens would mean not all of us has had a past lives.

I would like to believe I've had a past life but I'd be okay with being a new soul.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

'___' has never been proven to be produced naturally in our bodies. The old myth of our brains releasing it upon death is exactly that, a myth.

After my own "experimentations" with '___' I'm more convinced than ever that the things we see and feel on it are simply figments of our imagination. We see what we want or more importantly, expect to see.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article about an Indian boy. There was a documentary made about him but I can't find it right now.

paranormal.about.com...

Also, here's a documentary about a Scotish boy:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

thanks. Im looking forward to seeing the doco. DTM is simply a drug then?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

'___' has never been proven to be produced naturally in our bodies. The old myth of our brains releasing it upon death is exactly that, a myth.

After my own "experimentations" with '___' I'm more convinced than ever that the things we see and feel on it are simply figments of our imagination. We see what we want or more importantly, expect to see.

What about the pineal gland? Doesn't that produce '___'?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Although I'm a Christain, and a not so good practicing Catholic, I do believe in it.

When I was younger, I read up on many of the different belief systems in the world. I seem to recall that reincarnation was actually in the early text that the Bible was comprised from. Some time around 1066AD, any reference to it was removed.

Feeling was if people thought they could do whatever they wanted and then come back and fix it, that would make the world a troubled place.

Guess that worked out well, ehh...??

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation, to me it just makes sense.

My Mum believes Im my great grandmother who died while she was in labour.
A few things made her think this.
When I was 3 we were driving to visit some family whos home I hadnt been to before, on the way I asked mum to go down a street, she did and when we got half way down I said "I used to live there" It was my nans old house.
Same year I was at my grandfathers looking through some photos, I grabbed the wedding pic of nan and pop and said " I remember that day"
and finally when I was about 5, one day when I should have been at Kinder I was at home tearing around the house (mum said I couldnt sit still for more than 5 sec) when all of a sudden I stopped and sat down in front of the TV. Australian TV at 11 am on a weekday isnt exactly kid friendly and mainly consists of boring talk shows.
Mum didnt say anyhthing just watched me sitting there not blinking. When the ads came on the spell broke and I got up and started running around again. Mum asked me "what was that you were watching" and I said " I used to watch him everyday" It was Ray Martin, my nans favourite show!!!!!!

I dont know what to make of this, to be honest its kinda cool yet gross at the same time to think I could be my great grandmother

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Did anyone ever heard of a real life reincarnation case?

Yes. It was a show, or documentary called "The boy who lived before" or something very close to that. I honestly don't remember specific details but it was the standard story, kid is recalling memories he shouldn't have, but it went beyond basic stuff, he named dates and places he simply couldn't possibly have known, and when the family finally took him far away to where he thought he lived and died, the stuff he was saying matched up with reality 100%. I remember getting a really spooky feeling watching it because I don't believe in any of this.

For all I know it was a proven hoax, no clue, but it was interesting at least and the only really "documented" case I'm aware of where facts were checked and accurate and if I recall this story is old enough that the kid wasn't able to just google it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Part of my job was regression work and I would say that of the people I have regressed one of the most difficult was a Chrystadelphian. They are a splinter Christian group who believe that you get one time on earth and thats it. No heaven or hell.

Took him down, he faced an issue and, as I went to bring him back he struggled and struggled. Brought him back and despite extensive questioned and form filling before the regression he had 'forgotted' about a religion he no longer practiced. It was the conditioning received during childhood that caused the difficult of facing that he had had a previous life.
`
Reincarnation was alive and kicking both with the Jewish people - hence the question "Are you Elijah"? It was officially removed from Christianity at the Council of Nicea. - because it posed a problem to the Church's elected teaching of there being a heaven and a hell. You pop back for another term you balk the punishment of hell.

I can't see why both the concept of a heaven and reincarnation can't be aplied together. If you incarnate on this world then you die, you probably don't have time in one lifetime to learn all the lessons of life (if they exist) so you die hardly having evolved spiritually. If you get several or loads of goes you do get a chance to learn and evolve your spirituality. Maybe when we die we get to choose a number of different options for our soul.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join