It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More hatred from the Christians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Do you eat shellfish? Do you wear clothing made of two different materials? Do you eat from an uncloven animal?
Do you have sex with your wife (if you are a husband) during her menstrual period? Have you ever stoned to death your rebellious child? Have you every gossiped or lied? Just sayn...............
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

I can totally understand why you would suggest the poster hates christians. I think it's called "righteous anger". And the poster has every right to feel that way. I used to be a fundamentalist chirstian. I walked away after studying and researching the scriptures in Greek and Hebrew. I've not known one single chirstian who follows in the footsteps of Christ's teachings, not one.

The issue of homosexuality was not understood by the men who wrote the Bible. Even Jesus. he "cast out" a "demon" of epilepsy. Today modern medicine treats and controls epilepsy quite well. The writers of the scriptures had no understanding of the seizure disorder. Am I suggesting Jesus didn't understand? No, I'm saying that is the story the writers told according to them.
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

"When we are with Christ in the hereafter, we will be judged according to God's law"......Are you speaking of "judgment day"?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

But it's ok in the Bible? Ruth 1:14 refers to the relationship between Ruth and Naomi. It mentions that "Ruth CLAVE unto her"....The Hebrew word translated here as "clave" is identical to that used in the description of a heterosexual marriage in Genesis 2:24. I Samuel 18:1 "....Jonathan became one in spirit with David and he loved him as himself." ".....the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul." David strips naked in front of Jonathan, quite unusual in those days, and they kissed each other. Now, scripture says to not even give the appearance of "sin". How do you explain the extremely close relationships of these same sex couples?
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by bogomil

"When we are with Christ in the hereafter, we will be judged according to God's law"......Are you speaking of "judgment day"?

Sorry, some misunderstanding here?? Please clarify.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Do you eat shellfish? Do you wear clothing made of two different materials? Do you eat from an uncloven animal?
Do you have sex with your wife (if you are a husband) during her menstrual period? Have you ever stoned to death your rebellious child? Have you every gossiped or lied? Just sayn...............

Have you heard yet that Christ instituted a "New Covenant" at Passover in the upper room? Have you ever heard there is a book of Romans? You'd make a fantastic Pharisee, check to find out if there are any openings in Judaism.

Just sayin.........

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I walked away after studying and researching the scriptures in Greek and Hebrew

Which Greek? The Majority text? The Textus Vaticanus? The Textus Sinaticus? The Textus Receptus? The LXX?

Which Hebrew? The Messoretic, post-Christ version from the Councils of Jamnia? The pre-Christ version that led to the Septuagint?

WHICH Greek and WHICH Hebrew?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by AQuestion

Friend, if you feel you are being clumped together with all christians, perhaps you should walk away from them. You don't have to call yourself a christian to be a believier in Christ. Jesus never used that word, it was created a long time later. Why allow yourself to be maimed because of the ignorant "christians"?

Dear aero56,

Hey replace the word ""Christian" with black and see what a bigot you are. Why should I separate myself from anyone, I prefer to address Christians that is why I post on the faith forum. What do you separate from, do you separate yourself from atheists that believe burning down churches is good? Why don't you separate yourself from people that hate others, that would be more loving and productive.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I have probably studied the bible more than most laypeople. Have you read about Naomi and Ruth? David and Jonathan? Would you care to explain why I should not think they were in same sex relationships?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Wow, you think you know me? That is amazing. I am so not a bigot, but you certainly have proven you are judgmental to the extreme. And by the way buddy, I was actually trying to help you out. Were you not able to figure that out?
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Wow, you think you know me? That is amazing. I am so not a bigot, but you certainly have proven you are judgmental to the extreme. And by the way buddy, I was actually trying to help you out. Were you not able to figure that out?
edit on 4-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

Dear aero56,

I don't know you and don't have any idea if you help the poor and needy or work as a truck driver or executive. I am not judgemental, I have opinions and put them out there, do the same. I am glad that you were trying to help, however, I am not afraid of being beat upon. If we truly care about others, we have to take a few hits; but, we don't have to be floormats and I am not. I will not ignore questions by non-believers even if they beat me up, why should we hide our light (our truth, our beliefs) just because others will disagree?

Look at how this thread began and ask yourself if I was wrong to address his statement, he did not think so, I was responsive and gave what I believe. People keep trying to make my comments about me rather than staying on topic, should I start a thread about me and how I should fit into other people's expectations? Save your expectations for people you know and you clearly do not know me, nor I you. Be well.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Shamatt

The "christians" need to removed the story's of David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi from their bible. Let's be fair and balanced, christians.

I think you mean "need to remove"... but that's not the main point. The main point is that gay groups have arbitrarily decided to claim that David and Jonathan, Ruth and Naomi were homosexuals, because (possibly?) to homosexuals all love is and must be sexual! If that's truly how y'all think, then I think that truly fits the definition of 'fundamentally disordered', and further, constitutes a very good argument against gay males being allowed to adopt boy children!
(Elton John and his boyfriend for example).
"Daddy loves you son!"
"But Daddy, it hurts!"
"Just let Daddy get some more lube, and you'll feel fine.."
V

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

reply to post by Shamatt

The "christians" need to removed the story's of David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi from their bible. Let's be fair and balanced, christians.

I think you mean "need to remove"... but that's not the main point. The main point is that gay groups have arbitrarily decided to claim that David and Jonathan, Ruth and Naomi were homosexuals, because (possibly?) to homosexuals all love is and must be sexual! If that's truly how y'all think, then I think that truly fits the definition of 'fundamentally disordered', and further, constitutes a very good argument against gay males being allowed to adopt boy children!
(Elton John and his boyfriend for example).
"Daddy loves you son!"
"But Daddy, it hurts!"
"Just let Daddy get some more lube, and you'll feel fine.."
V

Nice way of trying to blow things out of proportion again vicky.....stick to correcting peoples grammar , it suits you much better as a loving christian.
edit on 4-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Men and women who have anal sex is a choice too. Is that sodomy?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

Online dictionary might be able to answer that for you.

www.google.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

Why ask me? The issue is gay men. I couldn't care less what men and women do in privacy. (At least, most of them do get the concept of keeping their sex/love lives private.)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Would you care to explain why I should not think they were in same sex relationships?

Because neither the Hebrew for homosexual or queer is used for them in the OT. Nor is the Greek terms used for them in the Septuagint.

You said your scholarly study of the Greek and Hebrew is what led you away, you are unaware of this for either story??

Going to answer my questions??

edit on 5-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

reply to post by Vicky32

Why ask me? The issue is gay men. I couldn't care less what men and women do in privacy. (At least, most of them do get the concept of keeping their sex/love lives private.)

Heterosexual couples also don't have yearly parades advertizing what they do in the confines of the bedroom either.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by aero56

I walked away after studying and researching the scriptures in Greek and Hebrew

Which Greek? The Majority text? The Textus Vaticanus? The Textus Sinaticus? The Textus Receptus? The LXX?

Which Hebrew? The Messoretic, post-Christ version from the Councils of Jamnia? The pre-Christ version that led to the Septuagint?

WHICH Greek and WHICH Hebrew?

Answers??

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Have you heard yet that Christ instituted a "New Covenant" at Passover in the upper room? Have you ever heard there is a book of Romans? You'd make a fantastic Pharisee, check to find out if there are any openings in Judaism.

Just sayin.........

Answers???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join