It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More hatred from the Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by bogomil

It's unlikely she's(?) new. She already knows the 'christian persecution' gambit.

Sigh, you are nothing if not predictable.
You are one of the chief 'persecutors', and you know it. Sometimes you can seem so reasonable, and then wham you pounce! Like a cat toys with a mouse before killing it.
I shall be on my guard now! Thank you for reminding me how unreasonable you really are...
V

I ackowledge at least some truth in your opinion of me.

I can be urchin-like, glib and shoot from the hip. It depends on the context.

Though I would hope for you to give me the benefit of what I have presented as my own position.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

for some people mixed-race relationships used to be offensive in a not distant past. For some it may even be to this day.

Your point is? Oh, I get it, you're trying to equate homosexual activities with mixed race marriages! Total fail. Being black (for instance) is not a choice.
One man blowing another man, for example, is.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Remember, remember.
Don't feed the troll.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

for some people mixed-race relationships used to be offensive in a not distant past. For some it may even be to this day.

Your point is? Oh, I get it, you're trying to equate homosexual activities with mixed race marriages! Total fail. Being black (for instance) is not a choice.
One man blowing another man, for example, is.

Yes, according to your value-system of what's good/bad the individual options of abstaining from 'bad'-claasifications would make those you don't sympathize with as extra-bad, because they don't live up to your expectations and values.

I'm talking about how such minority manifestations are met, outside the frames of self-proclaimed 'absolutes'.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Vicky32

Remember, remember.
Don't feed the troll.

Namaste.

Have you lost your marbles? Trying to conduct a thread.

I happen to have a great deal of respect for Vicky's intellectual honesty, which does not force me to conclude the same way as she does.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So we have sunk to this.

People, I have had enough pof the sexists and the bad attitudes. I will remind you that I said the following things on this thread:

I agreed the title was misleading and I should have said "Christian group" rather than "The Christians". This is ignored. I said that I understand that many Christians do not hate or condemn gays. This has been forgotten.

So while you all preach intollerance in the name of whatever religion you belong to, I will tell you what I would like to preach.

Love, understanding, acceptance of those arround you for the beautifull humans they are. I preach love thy neighbour, I preach peacefull coexistance.

I - perhaps clumsily - will always point out what I see as an injustice towards a monority group, whoever they may be.

You tell me who has the Christian attitude, while you go on about the horrible gays and there perverted lifesyles. While you preach your hate.

Enough people. Do you never even stop and think?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There appear to be some special mechanism in the extremist mindset, which leads to the following ("justified by I'm right, because I'm right"):

a. Let's get rid of, what I don't like

b. Let's promote, what I like.

McCarty'ism vs communism. Sovjet/China vs theism. Muslim countries vs christianity. Nazis vs ethnic minorities. Extremist christian groups vs homosexuals. Extremist christian groups vs egalitarian, liberal, secular democracy. Extremist christian groups vs divorce, abortion, sex-education, science/logic.

Extremists often want to be our leaders. They're rather bad at it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

McCarty'ism vs communism

Detour for a brief second...

Are you aware the Venona Papers completely exonerated McCarthy?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by bogomil

McCarty'ism vs communism

No, I'm not aware of that.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

McCarty'ism vs communism

No, I'm not aware of that.

Just do some research into the "Venona Project/Papers".

The government finally released the archives in 1995.

McCarthy was right, the US government was infested with communist agents.

Anyways, back to the OP, sorry for the derail.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote: ["Just do some research into the "Venona Project/Papers"."]

Just did. Appears to be about domestic US communism, espionage and conspiracy theories. My point was about the general polarization between ideological opposites.

Quote: ["Anyways, back to the OP, sorry for the derail."]

No complaints from me, as long as we can find our way back after a few posts.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Appears to be about domestic US communism

Yes, that was a majority of it. McCarthy was greatly vilified for going on a crusade against the communist infiltration into the US government during the Roosevelt and Truman admins. And he was greatly vilified from the left after his death. Until 1995 when the papers were released it was learned McCarthy was right on, and that even Roosevelt knew about the assimilation of the communists.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I think you misunderstand.

It's not that Christians categorize it that way arbitrarily, it's what God says in the Bible.

The reason for this is that all these behaviors are detrimental behaviors that are damaging, whether to the spirit, or to the body.

His ultimate plan was for a man and a woman to be in a stable relationship in order to raise children. A marriage union between a man and a woman is the best for the children. Of course, this assumes that the couple are behaving according to God's laws.

He also says, hate the sin, not the sinner.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue
reply to post by Shamatt

It's not that Christians categorize it that way arbitrarily, it's what God says in the Bible.

The reason for this is that all these behaviors are detrimental behaviors that are damaging, whether to the spirit, or to the body.

His ultimate plan was for a man and a woman to be in a stable relationship in order to raise children. A marriage union between a man and a woman is the best for the children. Of course, this assumes that the couple are behaving according to God's laws.

Dear sezsue,

It also says love your brother as yourself. It also says, turn the other cheek. It says many things are wrong and the point of the New Testament is to show that we cannot be perfect. It says that lust is wrong, find me a heterosexual that has not lusted (I am and know that I have). When asked by gay people if it is a sin, I will tell them yes. I will then tell them about my many sins and Jesus did say that thinking it was as bad as committing the act. All things in love, I believe Paul said that and that he was the greatest sinner of all.

We are told to correct other believers, not non-believers. For them we are told to have an answer for the hope that is inside us.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Shamatt

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I can't prove you are wrong and it would be rude of me to even suggest it.

There a millions who do not share your beleifs. Live and let live seems to be a fare middle ground. I won't preach to you if you don't preach to me? Accept we are different and respect that.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

reply to post by Shamatt

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I can't prove you are wrong and it would be rude of me to even suggest it.

There a millions who do not share your beleifs. Live and let live seems to be a fare middle ground. I won't preach to you if you don't preach to me? Accept we are different and respect that.

Dear Shamatt,

I don't preach to anyone, I am not a preacher, I am not a shepherd, I am a sheepdog, I am also not a sheep. Rude does not offend me at all. I don't look for others to be sheepdogs, I don't really care what the sheep or the shepherd believe, I do my job. Live and let live is very good with me, having an answer for why I believe what I believe is a requirement and I do. I don't mind disagreeing with others, I mind not having an answer when asked. Be well.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
reply to post by Shamatt

G'day Shamatt...do you mind if I just call you 'Sham' ? Is that what your friends call you? Its certainly a more accurate description.

Lets see...subsidiary company of global media/ advertising organisation provides free bus shelters all over the world in return for rights to sell advertising on said free bus shelters for a period of 20 yrs.

Advertising agency places condom ad featuring gay men in a bus shelter frequented by young school children on a daily bases.

Advertising agency begins complaining about its own ad to media outlets, religeous groups, family groups and creates media frenzy gaining massive free international exposure across all advertising mediams.

Advertising agency removes poster supposedly in response to backlash and then creates a protest facebook page, twitter account and gains instant rapport with true target audience. Agency puts poster back up and becomes hero to target audience.

Did I miss much??? Oh yeah, did I mention the bit about parent company being of Jewish faith.. Sham?

edit on 3-6-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

Let me try again to explain the situation.

You have all been had!!!! You have been caught hook, line and sinker by a very smart, very succesful viral marketing campaign. And now, while you are here getting all hot and bothered arguing about religeon, gay sex, and even interacial marriage apparently???.. the target audience of the campaign is out stocking up on their new favourite brand of condoms and getting ready for a big weekend.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

The "christians" need to removed the story's of David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi from their bible. Let's be fair and balanced, christians.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Friend, if you feel you are being clumped together with all christians, perhaps you should walk away from them. You don't have to call yourself a christian to be a believier in Christ. Jesus never used that word, it was created a long time later. Why allow yourself to be maimed because of the ignorant "christians"?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join