It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

Any idea why they do not post the details for airplane incidents?

They have limited details of the incidents on the FAA website.
Perliminary Accident & Incident Data
You just have to click on any of the number links to get the report data in a .txt file

It seems strange that so many planes landed short of the runway. Is this normal?
edit on 21-3-2011 by JizzyMcButter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I took 3 readings half a mile apart forming a triangle, a few hours later I took one 20 miles to the SE. All the same 18 degrees off to the east.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

Here is a RSOE EDIS map hisz.rsoe.hu... of the airplane incidents.

Never saw this before on this map. I think there might be a correlation between the Tremblings-Rumblings, Earthquakes, Magnetic Fields Shifting, who knows even HARRP. Either way, something is coming. There is some sort of a pattern forming - even the locations of the incidents. What do you see when you first look at the map? And the incidents only seemed to occur in the US.

Our Planetary Mother is speaking.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Just as a side note...I checked today (just about 10pm saskatchewan time) and it is now showing north as north again. Anyone know what that was and whether it was related to those sounds that everyone was hearing on the East coast...almost seemed like it was pointing to that area. New Madrid area?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PlanetarySister

Here is a RSOE EDIS map hisz.rsoe.hu... of the airplane incidents.

Never saw this before on this map. I think there might be a correlation between the Tremblings-Rumblings, Earthquakes, Magnetic Fields Shifting, who knows even HARRP. Either way, something is coming. There is some sort of a pattern forming - even the locations of the incidents. What do you see when you first look at the map? And the incidents only seemed to occur in the US.

Our Planetary Mother is speaking.

It says on the RSOE EDIS page "Airplane Accident and Incident (Only USA)"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Yeah, this whole thing has had me puzzled as well. I honestly think something strange is happening. I don't believe its the moon though. It has to be something closer to the earths surface to do this. Thats my thoughts anyway.

All of you who have compasses, please note your readings here if you would. Mine was off by 46 degrees. My friends was off by 37 degrees.

Where do you live?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

mmm interesting.

so a lot of landing stuff going on :

just take a look at this :

Magnetic Fields caused by electrical currents traveling through the airframe

Another problem you might encounter is external magnetic fields caused by using the aircraft’s structure for the current return path (ground) back to the battery. Your aircraft becomes a solenoid and acts as a bar magnet. Such currents, if strong enough, can magnetize the aircraft structure. Modern Light-weight starters in 12 volt aircraft draw very high current loads. Be sure that you have a adequate (robust) grounding path back to the starter.

For example, when you turn on the landing light, the current travels through the aircraft structure on its way back to the battery. Current flow radiates a magnetic field that may influence the compass. This type of problem is diagnosed by turning on electrical appliances and observing how the compass reacts. To fix this problem you need to move the compass or move the electrical path away from the compass.

It is interesting to note that there are automotive compasses that automatically compensate for localized distortions in the magnetic field. The “heart” of this system is a compass-on-a-chip that you can now purchase as a compass kit. One wonders if the 50 year old aircraft compass is due for an upgrade.

The degausser draws approximately six amperes on steel and seven amperes in air.

link : www.sacskyranch.com...

go to the part : Magnetic Fields caused by electrical currents traveling through the airframe

particular this information speaks of changes in the compas while starting the landing of the plane.
it says that it especially is occuring in light weight planes and these planes are all cesna's ?

how coincedence is it, that the planes who had landing problems are lightweight planes ?

www.faa.gov...

not saying it is but just thinking out of the box....
edit on 22-3-2011 by mrbiggie because: wrong link

edit on 22-3-2011 by mrbiggie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by mrbiggie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 1PlanetarySister

You aren't the first one to point that out but it isn't unusual.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Polaris is visible.
I pointed my middle of the road quality marine card compass at it.
The bearing was about 12º. Exactly what it should be.

I pointed my lensatic compass at it.
The bearing was about 12º. Exactly what it should be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

North central Pennsylvania

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I can only find my little button compass right now, so it's not the most precise thing in the world. That being said, it has always matched up with my "real" compass perfectly.

At first I thought I was having the same problems, and then I realized I was sitting right in front of my stereo speakers. I moved a few feet away and checked again... It's pointing North, no problems. I'm in Northwestern PA, for anyone interested.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

I live in the rural country side with liitle to speak of in the way of EMF interference. I have the mountains (west) at my back and the ocean/coast line at my front (east-looking straight towards Mexico). Very easy here to orient yourself to which way is north, east, west, south. Where ever I go the compass will always read North in the North East. It is actually a few degrees past NE. Stuff happens and what the earth is going through is cyclical and part of the natural course of things. Like it or not. It IS what it IS. Aloha-

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
Are you guys for real??? north is north as for determinability of just were this anomaly starts and ends... well do you actually asume some states have repositioned themselves??? do you think you set your compass down where the arrow points is where it should be? Maybe you should spin it till its on the N then you can begin to understand how to use your new compass... Maybe...

Magnetic Field is changing not so much as the Earth Axis tilt

but to me more so on the east coast of U.S.

READ ON!

Ordinary Compasses Thrown Off by Changes in Earth's Magnetic Field

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Article:
Earth’s Magnetic Field Shifts, Forcing Airport Runway Change
Wynne Parry
Date: 07 January 2011 Time: 11:34 AM ET
www.livescience.com...

The magnetic north pole is currently hovering over the North Sea and moving toward Siberia. This means two Florida airports are renumbering their runways.

What's going on in Florida? Travelers have struggled with the complexity of navigating by compass for centuries, and modern American travelers are no exception. Runways are designated according to the points on a compass, and the drifting magnetic north means that they, periodically, need to be renamed. "Recently, the drift has caused our runways' orientations to be closer to the next increment on the magnetic compass," Tampa International Airport spokeswoman Brenda Geoghagan told LiveScience in an e-mail.

Geomagnetism: The Magnetic Field of the Earth
www.nationalatlas.gov...

There ya go !!!!! ATS a Legit Site ! Below

( DISCOVERY NEWS!!!!!! )
Compass Direction, True North Parting Ways
Don't trust your compass. Magnetic north isn't where it used to be.
news.discovery.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Maybe you should read more. From your source:

But hikers should be aware: The shift adds up to a one-degree difference in compass direction every ten years, Love said

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Read above you phage! !

i did read more !!! look into it ! I have added more too it

Opps i forgot that article was posted February 25th and japan moved 8 feet after the quake so now with all this strange noise all over the world , the quakes , the magnetic field shift along the east coast of the US and the whole mainland of japan shifted 8feet

almost a month ago .. that article was on foxnews

Compass Direction, True North Parting Ways

news.discovery.com...

"The magnetic field tends to align itself with the axis of rotation, but it's not perfect," said Love. "It tends to wander around."

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

It never has been "where it used to be". It's been moving for as long as we knew where it was. But not enough to make a compass point true east.
But you can trust your compass to point to magnetic north.
(or a nearby hunk of steel)

edit on 3/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Gave this a try out of curiosity tonight. N is showing up E/SE on the compass. For those interested in the sun, it's pointing in the same direction that the sun rose yesterday (the vernal equinox). Here's my declination information from Natural Resources Canada - Geological Survey:

IGRF-2010 Results:
Year: 2011 03 22 Latitude: 46° 14.42' North Longitude: 63° 8.08' West

Calculated magnetic declination: 18° 51' West
Annual Change (minutes/year) : 9 '/y East

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here are some videos

Breaking News: Alarming magnetic field changes signal major quake for West Coast

Magnetic Pole Shift Accelerating • NBC Nightly News • January 7th, 2011

POLE SHIFT HAPPENING NOW FACT 2011

euronews ADMITS to accelerating POLE-SHIFT! February 4, 2011

Hmm interesting

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
My theory is that the Moon is pulling on your compasses more than the Earth itself is.
See if the Moon is on the east side when you check your compasses.
BTW, the Moon is an alien structure that was put there to always spin perfectly aligned with the spin of Earth.
Of course, this would help stablize the movement of Earth and reduce earthquakes until Earth is coming close to a pole shift or another major planetery body is moving close to Earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage can you please explain to me the videos i just recently posted

about the Magnetic pole shift in the New's recently as to why the Media is going APE Sh*t
about it ! ??

well you right in a way but you are talking about 2 month ago it was from years of a decade span

now its accelerated at an alarming rate , Well.. thats what some site's say and what the News Media says !! well the one that i just posted that is if you care to watch them ..

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join