It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's Muslims and Jews Unite to Fight Food-Labeling Proposal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Amazing how the Jews and Muslims hated each other for years killing each other because of their culture or beliefs can just all of sudden unite for some stupid little label for animals.

It's just stupid.

I wonder if all the animals rights activists are vegetarians.

I can see it all now...

"honey look at this label..it says the animals were tortured before killing them".

"OMG that's horrible...*chomp chomp*.

What's horrible is you're killing the animals to eat them when you don't need to.

And you would think they would fight for the animals to not get killed or at least stop the tazing but nope..they want "labels",and they mean business.

Animal activists are funny to me.They're always making sure animals don't get hurt in the movies..but don't do much to stop the slaughter houses..but they want their labels!

edit on 30-12-2010 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We don't need to eat meat,so why do we?

I've always felt weird about this topic.Because I like a good home made burger or steak..but I don't like the fact we have to kill animals to get it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

We do need to eat meat, we're designed to eat meat. You cannot get all of the necessary nutrients solely from eating Lentils...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

However, I do eat alot of pork and I can be pretty certain that no Rabbi or Imman has been anywhere near that meat!

The sheer hypocrisy of the EU never fails to shunt my trucks, as much as I welcome the measures to label the meat there is nowhere near enough being done to bring the slaughter itself into line with the requirements of the other regulation.

Totally eclipsing this pandering to religion and extending it unjustified privilege in relation to animal welfare is the barbaric treatment of children by mutilation of their genitals to express some accord with an invisible man in the sky.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

What's horrible is you're killing the animals to eat them when you don't need to.

What ?? Like we eat them alive ??

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Er..

Huh?

What?

Genital mutilation, where did that come from?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Did he mean genital mutilation like circumcision?

What this got to do with Kosher slaughter?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

I think so and I have no idea..

This is not a one line post...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
But in that sense, slamming a high-speed bolt to the forehead of the animal is also torture. Or zapping them with an electric shock powerful enough in many cases to cause cardiac arrest is also painful.

OK, if my own death was imminent and I had a choice of how I would like to check out, I would choose a bolt to the head (an equivalent of a bullet, really), because it would knock you out before you feel anything. If you have ever been boxing, you would understand. On the other hand, having your throat slit seems like a terrifying and extremely painful way to go.

Not that I'm supporting longer, more drawn out slaughters or anything, but do you realise how long some animal chases last from the first swipe of the predator, until it starts eating? In most cases, several minutes, during which the frightened, painfully wounded prey is running for it's life in a hopeless escape.

If you ever been in mortal danger, you probably know that your body releases adrenaline, endorphins and other stuff that likely make you high. It still sucks but hey...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Personally torturing an animal while praying to god makes me wonder if it's really god that one is praying to.

People really need to look deep within themselves and take the blinds off their eyes and look at the sick rituals that they perform.

We are to use conscience and our minds, and all the scriptures are like that, dark and white squares.
The thing is, why have not all the governments outlawed this. Why would dark squares in ancient dusty manuscripts which should be studied as historical objects for the main part, I mean I consider these books literally dangerous, one can find passages of love or faith in them, if one already has idealism and love, if one never adopt any of the negative behaviors, if one was advanced, but for people who are confused about what is right/wrong, and think they can harm anyone, these scriptures are so dangerous.

Why would New Zealand having first banned this inhumane practice, then suddenly allow it. This should not be lableled, it be should be BANNED.

We also need to look at our slaughter houses, and determine what is occurring. I've read things about them being stunned, then boiled and skinned while it is still questionable whether or not they are alive even.

Furthermore we have advanced methods of cloning, which I believe are already viable, that involve growing the meat, not the brain of animals, ie. not cloning a whole animal, but producing the meat.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

But it is not the equivalent of a bullet, see, that is the point. A bullet would straight out kill you. These "bolts to the head" don't do that at all. And the comparison to boxing is a bit dangerous- when someone is knocked out during boxing, they're only really "out of it" for a couple of seconds....if that is what happens with animals, that they are definitely worse off...first they get the discomfort and pain of being smashed in the head (or zapped with electricity), and then their throats are slit, and what limited data there exists (like the study I linked in my first post in this thread) on such suggests that they may very well experience the pain.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

You would never chose the throat cutting method, its very violent and bloody and painful and would put any living creature into huge panic mode.

Also, its primitive and barbaric and literally one of the dark squares of the masonic checkerboard floor in any religions, ie. the squares to Saturn or the dark star and so very obvious that little children can see this when they read it.

To be living in a modern world, then find many are lost in myths but lo and behold, much of it is Grims Fairy Tales, or something from an occulitist ritualistic manuscript at that, with passages promoting murder as well of those who don't agree with you or live by your moral codes, its unbelievable that these books are not considered dangerous by most people. I would take the highest human value positive light squares out of them for and put the rest away in a musuem and a label, not suitable for those under a certain age, with a graphic violence warning on the media.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
But it is not the equivalent of a bullet, see, that is the point. A bullet would straight out kill you. These "bolts to the head" don't do that at all.

A bullet to the head is not as fatal as you may like to imagine. Quite often, someone with a bullet to the head may well be alive for quite some time after and is no guarantee of death. It all depends where the bullet goes, it's size etc etc..

The bolts they use in slaughterhouses are quite substantial, much larger than an average bullet and in every case I have seen one used, the animal is out of it instantly and well on the way to death before anything else happens to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Genital mutilation, where did that come from?

Religious circumcision of childrens' genitalia -

MALE

edit on 30-12-2010 by The Djin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

If you ever been in mortal danger, you probably know that your body releases adrenaline, endorphins and other stuff that likely make you high. It still sucks but hey...

This is one of the reasons that many retailer in this day an age (in the UK at least) do get far more involved in the monitoring of slaughtering as a stressed animal produces poor quality meat.

It has taken some time but people have been waking up to the fact that the manner of the animals well being and death can greatly effect the bottom line.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I know what you were on about, but I don't see it's relevance. I have an opinion on the matter which I made clear in a recent thread about the subject, but it's not pertinent to this topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

What the hell has circumcism got to do with the topic at hand??????????????????????

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
We do need to eat meat, we're designed to eat meat. You cannot get all of the necessary nutrients solely from eating Lentils...

Excuse me but I am vegetarian and I bet I am way more fit than you are
Lentils coupled with the right vegetables = a complete protein and the right nutrients
There's a whole lot of choices out there aside from meat my friend

I'm fairly in shape, broad shoulders, I work out frequently and my skin is very healthy too because I am a vegetarian.

I'm sorry but what you just said is completely incorrect beyond belief

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Star for that!

I competely agree
It really needs to be banned ASAP!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I never knew what kosher meant til I read about it. I usually hear something being "kosher" (good) or "not kosher "(bad). What a disgusting race of people! Man, I'm getting more racist learning about things from ATS. Can't we learn from the past that borders were established loooooooong ago to deter different states of mind from intermingling? The middle easterners of different religions won't see eye to eye on anything but now this food labeling idea is fueling a brotherhood of some sort? Hogwash! Why do Americans and Europeans put up with this? Just for kicks I you tubed what it was like in England (as I have no money to tour Europe right now) and I saw what looked to be a flea market full of Arab traders and kids running around shouting their hatred for westerners. I surmise it's for a little NWO entertainment breaking down sovereign countries and rewriting their immigration policy. To me it's kind of like throwing cats into a dog pen and watching the "fun" take place. Only a degenerate mindset gets off to this. Back to topic, if I see something as "not cool" I'm terming it as kosher. If it's righteous I'm calling it non kosher. I hope it picks up.
edit on 30-12-2010 by deviantamerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join