It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Zazz!!!!

You meme creating viral monster you!!! Good on ya!

Oh, BTW, did you call into the show to mention that there were no cell towers?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Love that write up thanks for that....someone at least trying to make some kind of sense without going over and over again about cell masts/towers....drives me nuts......but I like the key idea for 1or 2 hrs of pleasure to watch something in the past.........now that is better tyhan tv...cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Forget what he/she is holding, can't believe no-one has mentioned how freaky the hand looks!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I love that zebra

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
after reading 12pages of "there were no cell towers in 1928" i decided to skip ahead & just post then go back & read through the rest when i have time..

so im just randomly thinking outside the box here..

Martin Cooper - former Motorola vice president and division manager who in the 1970s led the team that developed the handheld mobile phone - born 1928

Cooper has stated in jest that watching Captain Kirk using his communicator on the television show Star Trek inspired him to develop the handheld mobile phone.

could it be that Cooper was also inspired by other tv shows or movies about timetravel & has somewhere invented a timemachine & popped back to the year he was born dressed in some old clothes that belonged to his grandmother he found in the attic.. he's realised he has his cell phone in his pocket & just curiously decides to see if it works in 1928 & has be caught on film

just a long shot - but im sick to death of reading "THERE IS NO CELL TOWERS IN 1928"

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by Sparky63I am not a believer in time travel.

You're traveling time right now.

True...but not backwards. You make a good point though.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I really enjoyed your thread. Wow! At every angle it looks like some sort of communication device. Time travel has always been of the greatest interest to me. What a concept, opens up all kinds of questions. Have we been on our own paths or have people and history been written by others? Can we alter the past? As for your analysis of the woman. The face seems heavy but the legs do not. The feet are pretty big. The person ould very well be a man in drag. The coat could hide other necessary devices. The whole situation could be open for a lenghty disscussion. Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is my first post so be gentle.
This video is great. I think we have one of several scenarios. 1 - The film maker made this clip himself and it is a hoax. 2 - The person that appears as an old woman is not a time traveler, and is either an extra or passerby talking to herself or another and has a hearing impariment or medical condition causing "her" to hold her hand to her head in 1928 as a person talking on a cell phone in 2010 would do. 3 - The person that appears as an old woman is actually a time traveller in disguise talking on a radio device in 1928 that appears to be a cellphone.
Hands down option 3 is the coolest, and with our lack of knowledge on the subject probably possible at some point in the future (timetravel).
Sit back and soak this in:
I have seen 62 pages of people saying "Hey there were no cell towers in 1928!!" That is correct. However, modern radio technology does not need cell towers to communicate from device to device, if you have the correct phone. Providers such as Sprint/Nextel tout their products and networks as the premier "disaster response network", because of the multiple methods of radio communication their phones are capable of. If towers are down, run our of diesel, ect in a disaster, they have phones that will form a "mesh" walkie talkie network with each device having about a 5 mile operating radius given good terrain. Which means that, with no cell towers, "Bob", "Jim", "Ted", and "Bill" can communicate - even if Bob and Jim are 20 miles apart they can still talk if Ted and Bill fill in the space between and their radios link up in the mesh. This technology makes cell phone communication possible with no cell towers.

If this time traveler was actually time travelling, and talking on a phone in 1928, the method above would be the most likely form of communication (as my brain can figure nowdays), and it would mean that this lady was not the only time traveller, because another person or multiple people would have had to be there to establish the communications network over which the "Lady" is talking with other cell phones. I do not think talking through time or "portal" or whatever would be possible.

My full opinion is that we have a jewel caught on tape. If I were time travelling with some buddies, I would make bets on doing subtle things that only the group or myself would know about, just like what is in this video, so when we return to the future, we can look it up and laugh. I would definitely use a disguise too.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by ExCloud

Well, if that vid gets him thinking and he decides to join the ATS herd, let us know when he opens his intro thread so we can all welcome him aboard!!!

~Heff

He is the type that even if he joined he would never tell me. haha

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Excellent thread... Took me a long time to get caught up

I cannot say what she is holding but it IS something in her hand and she is not just scratching her head or fixing her hair. The man that is walking in front of her is strange aswell, I couldn't make out his ears.

I don't believe that the person who uploaded this video faked it. The reason is because in the beginning of the video you see the guy going through the DVD menu to locate the specific clip. Now, I understand that this all can be re-created, however, i believe this is original.

I wish I could say more but I really cant. I have no idea what she could be holding. I wasn't there, but I assume the 20's didn't have to many portable devices; especially ones that you would be listening / talking into. They were still using tubes in the 20's, tubes are big.

I really hope this clip is proven or debunked soon. I have been looking all over the net looking for everything and anything that could look like that.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

Gla dyou like the chat

The dvd has been sourced by several members and the footage appears on all copies.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

Welcome to ATS Victor
you did great with your first post
well thought out .

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogul Flames
Forget what he/she is holding, can't believe no-one has mentioned how freaky the hand looks!

Well thanks for your enthusiams! lol
But yes the hands have been discussed, right up to they may even llok like there are fake hands as you see a cut off seam (possibly)

I think its on about page 8-12
if you want more reference, and I think its Rising Agent who brought it up

cheers
Zazz

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Again.... isn't this the same guy? A know time travel hoaxer??? Said that obiosly his dad or brother was his future self??

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So you silly bastards found out what was going on?
No time travelling witches or anything.
The old lady was deaf and had a Lutz Ferrando eartrumpet.

www.youtube.com...

The lady asks for the director to speak up, she's deaf, hence the Lutz Ferrando ear trumpet (1924) she uses. I know, I was there.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKickass123

That could very well be true... But this was not a part of the movie, they were just filming outside of the theater where the movies was to be played. Why would the director say something to only this women walking by? The gentleman before her walks by like no one is there.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is absolute proof that time travel is real. Where did you find this glorious video?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 26-10-2010 by Karlhungis because: double post

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I dont think that is the same guy...different countries.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
This is absolute proof that time travel is real. Where did you find this glorious video?

Awwww, KArl, you believe anything i say you fool! Ladies and gentleman, Karlhungis found the video but was too lazy to post a thread and thought it would be a waste of time anyway as he was sure no one will pay attention to the subject matter.....

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join