It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by jaynkeel

I hardly believe a person from our time could use a mobile phone in the 1920s, without the proper external signal transmitter stations between the caller and the receiver. No way.

Spy, you are missing the point entirely. IF (very big if) the person in the footage is indeed a time traveler, the point of being in the footage is to send a message to the viewer, not the person on the other end of the phone. It would make total sense to walk across the screen holding a cell-phone in that time frame, knowing that someone in the future would notice it. The over-sized nature of the phone only adds to making it more noticeable, given the poor film quality of that time. Persons in the 1928 time-line would probably not notice much, as the act of holding your hand to your ear is pretty inconspicuous. However, persons in this time-line WOULD notice. The perfect time travel video communication!

That said, I am very open to the fact it could very well be a hearing-aid or music box, but the oversized feet and hands scream MALE and only point to the fact that this person did indeed want to be noticed by persons of this timeline. Just my perspective.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

A reasonable explanation, i hadn't thought of that. Hefficide also has a reasonable sounding explanation, but i've looked at the film several times and it still looks like someone talking into something in their hand.
Not like someone singing, not like someone nervous, notice he/she smiles directly at the camera during the fade.
It's wierd, it's like they ARE from the future and is having a little joke-'80 years from now they will see this & wonder who i am'
Maybe it's John Titor

Whatever, it's one of the wierdest threads i've seen in ages, thanks O.P.
This story was on the news yesterday (the funny lighthearted story you always get at the end)-i have noticed still more MSM get their news from Utube. That's even more wierd............

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by simonp

Nice one, dude
the guy in the shades on the right looks more like a future tourist to me, in fact he looks a little LIKE me!
That means i get to travel back to the 40's. Cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if that really was a cellphone. I saw this vid a couple days ago, if it's not a cellphone, then I wouldn't know what to make of it. Pretty interesting stuff, perhaps we have had this technology for a lot longer than our beloved corporations and governments would want us to know.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Good God put a gun to this threads head and put it out of it's misery!
Hasn't just about every possible comment on this been made at least twenty seven times over?

Anothe zombie thread !

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

reply to post by harrytuttle

What we have here is a case of cultural projection. We don't actually "see" anything in the person's hands, but because we are conditioned to conclude that someone with their hand to their head must be talking on a cell phone, some people think they see just that.

Definitely looks like an object to me.

In reply to Ziggy, I've never even heard of a "hearing horn" before tbh, so I'm not sure if that's what it could be from looking at the image above but it sounds plausible. ..Well, more so than a mobile.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

HOLDING a pair of GLOVES! and her ear got cold.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I would not be surprised if that really was a cellphone. I saw this vid a couple days ago, if it's not a cellphone, then I wouldn't know what to make of it. Pretty interesting stuff, perhaps we have had this technology for a lot longer than our beloved corporations and governments would want us to know.

Uh;no: 1920's technology= vacuum tubes and the big honking heavy power supplies they required.
Microchips require the infrastructure to make them
i.e.advances in optics,grown silicon wafers;"clean" facilities etc)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It is a man, dressed in woman's clothing and working the scene as an extra.

His profile looked too macho, so the camera man told him to hold an object- a coin purse, up to his profile to hide behind.

He is saying to the cameraman:

"How am I doin' ?"

probably has sideburns or a 5 o-clock shadow that showed up in the first take.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
It is a man, dressed in woman's clothing and working the scene as an extra.

His profile looked too macho, so the camera man told him to hold an object- a coin purse, up to his profile to hide behind.

He is saying to the cameraman:

"How am I doin' ?"

probably has sideburns or a 5 o-clock shadow that showed up in the first take.
They are not working a scene the shot is a random scene of people walking by a theater.These are not actors,not extras and one strange he/she with a cell phone,.......omg, I've got to get a life and resist coming back to this thread

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I got through about 25 pages...

The thing that gets me going in circles, is if it was a cell phone, I can get past the need for towers/satellite etc... if they have technology for time travel, why not take the leap that they have technology that lets them communicate without the tower etc...

The circle starts when i think, ok if it is an advanced communication device... being used by someone with advanced time travel or inter-dimensional travel capabilities... why would they still design them with the need to be held up to the ear to use? I mean right now in 2010 we are already almost done with that kind of design with blue-tooth headsets etc

I can't imagine even in 5 years still needing to hold some kind of handset to your ear/mouth to make a call to someone, much less whatever time period where we have the technology to travel in time.

but then it leads to thinking more on a paradoxical level, if it really is a time traveller, wouldn't they know we have seen this video now and time travel back to prevent themselves from walking past the camera? Thus preventing this discussion from ever happening? Unless of course they intended to be seen... bah who knows

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GJPinks

The first hearing aids to fit inside a case or lady's handbag were produced in about 1934. However, these were still extremely unwieldy

taken from the same page you referred to in your post, the Seimens units were not portable until the mid 30's.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow, i just came across this thread today and read up to page 15, we are at 64 page and 160 + flags and still no debunk. interesting clip. If any one here can, is it possible to get a scale measurement on those feet and hands, they look so wrong the feet especially.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This has even made the MSM in Australia!!!!

www. news.com.au

Looks like the press now use ATS as a resource!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I thought this had been decided it was a siemens hearing aid?
hearing.siemens.com...
I really wanted it to be a time traveller, after seeing this page though Im not so sure.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

It looks to me as if there's hair on that hand as well. That of a male hand. Not that that proves anything. Just reinforces the fact that its a man in women's clothing. Given the fact that these are regulars walking down the street and not extras on a film set makes this clip even more interesting....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned....looks kind of similar?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Did you notice that if you read her lips you can tell that she is saying........

"Hello Sweetie".

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
"Hello Sweetie".

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Do you think that's Alex Kingston?

-m0r

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This has hit the msm in oz today, www. news.com.au
It is in Rupert Murdochs papers, but does not appear to be in fairfax papers.

I've noticed a few stories/images from here moving to news corp press.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
why do people see comfort in living in the dark ages "duplo"

come on people,

its only radio fq why cant it be a custom made " walkie talkie"....

or the answer that makes tesla feel alone

shes holding her ear so she can hear her voice due to traffics and commotion while rehearsing her lines ?

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join