It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is Not "Hallowed"!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
My neighbor told his kids that they weren't allowed to play with any children that celebrated Halloween.
That was last Monday
By Saturday, there was a football game and he was drinking beer with his buddies and the kids were locked out of the house, (we figure because there was some pot smoking or something going on...) so his kids were over at this very pagan families house playing with kids that LIVE for Halloween.

If you don't like it, don't celebrate it. Sit in the house with the lights off like a Hallow-Scrooge and hope the spirits of Halloween past, present and future don't visit you.

If Christians keep sucking the joy and fun out of life, the churches will shrink their own DRINK THIS foul medicine as sure as I click my heels and hand out Snickers.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought
Many Americans unknowingly and unwittingly send their children
out begging for food at the end of October. These unsuspecting
parents, having bought into the conspiracy of "it's all fun and
games', dress their children in ghoulish costumes and think
nothing of it.
More children are abducted and killed on this night than any
other night in the year.
The word hallowed means to make Holy. The God who created
the heavens and the earth did not put His Blessings on this
celebration of the dark lord.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Freedom of Thought because: (no reason given)

Did God create evil? Does God hold realm over evil?

The simple fact is by the very standards you hold so true you disprove almost everything you believe in. I love irony. I do believe in a supreme being but the bible version has to many holes in the logic.

Just like free will. Think about it if God can see everything in the future and the past do you really have free will? God could step in and change the future. That takes away free will.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

Yes quite a bit purgatory is a bit bland and I never looked good in angelic white... But that's the Christian view... In that sense I'm gonna work on my tan and keep playing poker with my main man lucifer. I like fire and anyways heaven has so many rules my god you mention big G in a negative way and you get booted. Such a self centered view...

Since I'm not a believer in J.C or his daddy G I believe I'll go to what ever plane of existence suits me one without rules I have to play by.... A place where I'll be happy and not bored out of my ever living mind... As such heaven doesn't suit me... I'd rather go to hell and party hard with the pope and priests who played with the alter boys... If you have a problem meh... Don't care, been told I'm going to hell since I was 4...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitch88

Furthermore, it's called "etymology", genius.

If you were as thorough in researching the entire 'Origins of Halloween',
[Druids, Celts, Samhain, etc.], you might have learned something.
Instead, you nit-pick at a hair without seeing the trees of the forest.

... that was written and changed by hundreds of people throughout history, ..

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,
for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.." 2 Timothy 3:16

It's nothing more than a religious troll..

You have failed to understand the concept behind the thread. For example, if you personally
knew a bridge was out on a road; and your friends called you and said they were going
driving on that same road; and you did not tell them (or warn them of the bridge being
out): in God's eyes you are responsible if there was a wreck and they got killed.

Demonic oppresion is real. The same way Jesus Christ is real.
If there are activities that humans engage in that invite demonic activity into their homes and/or lives,
Christians are responsible for telling others that might not know any better.

Have a nice life being afraid of the ghost and goblins and fire and brimstone and all that.

Actually, I'm not afraid of any of that stuff. They have already been defeated.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1: 7

Hey, thanks for calling me a genius. Appreciate it!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Did God create evil? Does God hold realm over evil?

Yup. God created evil.

"I make peace, and create evil, I The Lord do all these.."
Isaiah 45:7

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Freedom of Thought ..anyways heaven has so many rules

Actually, there's really only one condition for being in Heaven:
"..For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

.... been told I'm going to hell since I was 4...

Sorry not nice people told you that as a kid. Doesn't make it true forever.
Everyone has a chance to go to Heaven, no matter what they have done or haven't done.
Jesus is the door.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

well that is the Christian way of getting to heaven. What about the Jewish way, Muslim way or any other way to get there? :/

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Awww you made my day... I'm an atheist of sorts. I come from a long line of them on my mothers side, I actually pray to a goddess and I openly state I'd rather worship Satan than a hypocritical god. Satan's isn't a hypocrite. he's brutally honest, Honesty is the best policy after all and he welcomes all and accepts all Satan is indiscriminate. Who says he is truly evil, he is accepting of flaws doesn't ask for open praise. God is forgiving only if you repent and to me that's kind of cheating. Not to mention God doesn't like homosexuals. Sorry but I'll stay on the side where love means you can love who you want. But that is for another discussion. Basically I think the bible is a lovely bed time story.

Hail Goddess Appollymi, may she have mercy

Xiamara

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

well that is the Christian way of getting to heaven. What about the Jewish way, Muslim way or any other way to get there? :/

"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven,
that is, the Son of Man who is in Heaven

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so
must the Son of Man be lifted up,

that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3: 13-15

Some of the "Jews" believe Jesus never came.
Other 'Jews' actually do not embrace the Torah,
but a perverted form of the pentateuch[ Kaballah Jews]
"And all the people answered and said,
His blood be on us and our children" Matthew 27:25

muslims i.e. allah i.e. muhammed
Aaah, Reb', didya have to ask that question?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

yeah, yeah your religion is what ruined it for me as a young kid, so thanks a lot. I like Samhaim by the way it's nice and classy, and not fearful and it doesn't scare the crap out of me. actually this year my husband and i bought some devil horns we are going to wear them, I will be in my Goth attire, and so will my husband. we will also be having our wine, and trick or treating with our kids. By the way they like Halloween, I didn't tell them all the scary stuff so they don't see it as that, thus not ruining their childhood.

I also think you have no business sticking your nose in the Holiday, why not bash Christmas or Easter same thing really!! Anyway, good luck with being fearful of a day that's not fearful, and as far as I know your religion lied about all the Satanist running around killing kids, I haven't heard anything about kids being killed since the 1980's, cops do drive around by the way making sure everyone is safe!! later.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

got any facts to back this up or are you spewing your weekly bible meeting notes?
For one, halloween is a bigger money maker from adults then children.
Anything can be construed as begging, as can making up a list for Santa. Doesn't the church teach children to beg God for anything they want?
Third, it is a religious holiday for some. Just because it is in't YOUR religious holiday, doesn't make it null and void.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is the silliest thing I have ever read! I'm sorry, but bad things happen to innocent people all the time...not just on Halloween.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

yeah, yeah your religion is what ruined it for me as a young kid, so thanks a lot. I like Samhaim by the way it's nice and classy, and not fearful and it doesn't scare the crap out of me.

I don't suppose you would consider Thanksgiving
a day to be be 'nice and classy' and have fun?

What do you mean by ..."and not fearful and it doesn't scare the crap out of me?"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

ahhh, good luck for seeing that money ever again. His army of minions takes a surprising amount of money to fund. Think about it- he has to brainwash a whole army. That can be very expensive sense it requires a lot of one-on-one time. Unless, for course, if they like Lady Gaga, then they are already brainwashed by now. (According, of course, to the large amount of people who think she is the Antichrist.)
>
Anyways, I guess the dark lady told you about the whole Edward Cullen plan. Sigh. That was suppose to be a secret! TOP secret. But, we may not be able to afford all the plastic surgery to make everyone look like Robert Pattinson. We gave up on the whole werewolf idea all together.

Then, there is the large amount of planning needed to kidnap these children, all at once, secretly. While everyone is watching.

....Why does he abduct these kids? He has no where to put them! Crying children make awful company in hell.

I guess I will never understand my dark master. But you know, I'm just another willing slave to the Devil

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

got any facts to back this up or are you spewing your weekly bible meeting notes?
(...)
Third, it is a religious holiday for some. Just because it is in't YOUR religious holiday, doesn't make it null and void.

Thank you. Why is this so hard for people to understand? What appeal does the fear hold for them?

(Btw... I love all your posts, they make my day!)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mnm.carper

I know... And hey I know about the plan since I go drinking with the man he's a light weight surprisingly. I gave him tips on converting people over from god. Just send out his version of Jehovah's witnesses and invest in Facebook, Lady gaga, twilight and any tween stuff if you get the tweens on board your all set its cheap easy and they last a lot longer than adults. Have you heard the rumor he's behind the disney baby breeding plan? Apparently Disney is at it again and learned that Having only one Disney star reproduce doesn't work unless she's paired with a male tween heart throb. Miley Cyrus and the jonas brothers are their target. If that doesn't work they may try and get that Beiber thing to procreate... They are trying to figure out it's gender still. I think Beiber is actually a front man for the dark lord.. Only hell could create something so frightening.

As for the abducting children I suggested a Happy hell day care center for all your child care neeeds, Just sign you and your childs name on the dotted line and we'll take goooood care of your precious child's soul.

Also great to see some one who shares a similar dark humor in the Dark Prince.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Have you given any thought to where you will spend eternity?

Freedom of Thought: You crack me up ....

Ironically your extremely dogmatic perspective, eschews "freedom of thought" !

-----

So you take issue with people who celebrate Halloween but don`t believe in demons/Satan etc .

Whilst you yourself, believes in demons .....does Halloween frighten you ?

Yup. God created evil.

"I make peace, and create evil, I The Lord do all these.." Isaiah 45:7

Quite a source of cognitive dissonance .

------

Carry-on.

edit on 7-10-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

You don't think you've been insulting to those of Pagan beliefs ... As you sow, So shall ye reap

Woody

Which kingdom are you coming from? Pagan is of Satan

"As you sow, so shall ye reap" is from The Holy Bible (God)

You cannot serve two masters.

"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one

and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one

and despise the other.

You cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The origins of halloween have already been presented at least twice on this thread.

If you are celebrating it as your 'religious holiday', then that means your religion is of Satan.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe
reply to post by Freedom of Thought good luck with being fearful of a day that's not fearful, .

This reply is for you, and all the other posters who somehow mistakenly believe that Christians
are afraid of the devil (or living in fear).

1. Christians do not live in fear. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love
and of a sound mind". 2 Timothy 1: 7

The very fact that posters who are celebrating this evil day accuse the OP of 'living in fear',
is evidence that the evil the participants are indulging in brings fear into their lives.
It is what people in psychology call 'projecting'.

2. Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One
is understanding".
Before all you recalcitrants go off your rocker: the word 'fear' in this sentence is of a different Hebraic
origin , meaning piety and reverence.

As in, Psalm 33:8 "Let all the earth fear The Lord,
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him".

3. The other use of the word 'fear' is as in Proverbs 8:13

"The fear of The Lord is to hate evil:

Pride and arrogance and the evil way,

and the perverse mouth I hate."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join