It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is Not "Hallowed"!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Demons are invited into your home if you dress up like a Fireman or a Skeleton or a Princess on Halloween?

This happened because my 2 year old didn't want to sleep in his room because of monsters.

Absolutely no offense intended here at all,..but what is it the 2 year old is seeing?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Correct. The Origins of Halloween are based in occultism and have to do with scaring off demons and evil spirits... But let's be honest, that is not what Halloween is anymore. It is just a chance of kids to dress up and get candy.

Evil does not change. The origins are the same, and still here. It is only as 'modern' America
has walked further and further away from the truth; that the 'glitz and glamour' of 'celebrating'
has been twisted to incorporate this day.
Besides, most parents would want to feed their own children: not send them out in the streets to beg.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

No my dear, I was not asking for a definition. I was asking you, the poster, to share with the rest of the class websites..

I have provided the names of books, authors, websites you can look up yourself since you want an
"un-biased" view. Intellectual debate does not include name-calling, or projecting one's own personality
characteristics onto the original poster.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought
reply to post by Xiamara

Did you ever wonder why Katrina hit Louisiana?
How about God being really ticked off at their Mardi Gras lunacy,
(worshipping the dead)?

While you are correct in the thread title "Halloween is Not Hallowed"; most of everything else you have said is clearly misunderstood or misspoken.

First, Halloween is not hallowed. True! It's the "evening" BEFORE the hallowed day! The word even means such.

Halloween on Wiki

Origin of name
The word Halloween is first attested in the 16th century and represents a Scottish variant of the fuller All-Hallows-Even ("evening"), that is, the night before All Hallows Day. Up through the early twentieth century, the spelling "Hallowe'en" was frequently used, eliding the "v" and shortening the word. Although the phrase All Hallows is found in Old English (ealra hálȝena mæssedæȝ, the feast of all saints), All-Hallows-Even is itself not attested until 1556.

Now, as for Mardi Gras itself. That is Fat Tuesday aka Shrove Tuesday. A day of feasting before the 40 day Lent fasting. In history, people sowed and planted, reaped the harvest, stored that which could be stored, and the last stretch of Winter and early Spring were near starvation days as stored food was beginning to spoil (cabbage in root cellars) and all the 'best pickens' were already consumed.

Now, you imply God put Katrina on New Orleans because of Mardi Gras; what about all the other cities with Mardi Gras? Why didn't he Katrina "Sin City" aka Las Vegas, Nevada instead? DUH! Now, had you said he stuck Katrina on New Orleans because they were/are the Voodoo capital of USA; then, I wouldn't have argued too much.

Christmas? PAGAN! Jesus wasn't even BORN in December and EVERY theologian knows this! Further, the Old Testament says explicitly not to go into the forest, cut down a tree, fasten it to a cross (treestand) and deck it with gold! Old Testament is BEFORE Jesus. All the other Christmas traditions are pagan as well.

MONEY is pagan! Coinage - gold coins - SUN worship!

Easter? PAGAN! See - Oester (goddess) AND pre-Jesus Asian traditions of coloring eggs for fertility rights.

So, yes, Halloween is the EVE BEFORE the Hallowed Day!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

"You who still the noise of the seas,
the noise of their waves,.." Psalm 65: 7

"The earth shook: the heavens also
dropped rain
at the presence of God.

You, O God, sent a plentiful rain."
Psalm 68: 8 & 9

And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. Genesis 9:11

"To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again. Isaiah 54:9

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Let's call it what it is...............a failed attempt at a star and flag fest. Tis happens every year around this time. I just gotta wonder how some people grew up. I know not all people celebrated Halloween as a child, but a good many of us did. My, how life must suck to forget the joys of childhood, and to try and deny the children of today the same joy..................funny, the usuaal code words are here evil, unhioly, satanistic, withccraft, etc............the one that bug s me the most is begging. No one is sending their children out begging for food, instead of feeding them themselves...........get a grip, change the channel, maybe walk outside....but let it go.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Could you direct me in this thread where you get your information from on this?

I have never heard any of this and Halloween is my favorite time of year

Do you even know anything about Halloween?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide[

And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. Genesis 9:11

"To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again. Isaiah 54:9

Key word here is ALL: ..'neither shall ALL flesh..' (capital letters ALL-mine, for emphasis)

"....the waters shall never again
become a flood
to destroy all flesh." Gen. 9:15 again, key word is ALL (capital letters ALL-mine, for emphasis).

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Let's call it what it is...............a failed attempt at a star and flag fest.

I could care less about the point system set up by this web site.

Telling the truth is not dependent on a reward system set up by those
who operate within the confines of
that system.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Demons are invited into your home if you dress up like a Fireman or a Skeleton or a Princess on Halloween?

This happened because my 2 year old didn't want to sleep in his room because of monsters.

Absolutely no offense intended here at all,..but what is it the 2 year old is seeing?

The two year old is seeing 'monsters', and you don't believe that demons are real?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

reply to post by Xiamara

Did you ever wonder why Katrina hit Louisiana?
How about God being really ticked off at their Mardi Gras lunacy,
(worshipping the dead)?

While you are correct in the thread title "Halloween is Not Hallowed"; .....
First, Halloween is not hallowed. True! It's the "evening" BEFORE the hallowed day! The word even means such. So, yes, Halloween is the EVE BEFORE the Hallowed Day!

If you want to split hairs on the technical timing of ''halloween', good for you.
It is the entire concept of the 'Halloween' period that is being discussed; whether people are doing their
goblin bit on a Thursday night (because city council might have other activities scheduled for a Friday
night), or if people are participating in these activities on a Saturday night after the football game.

It is the concept of its' origins , which have Not changed through out time, that is being debated.

wikipedia is generally not accepted as a serious research tool
because of the way that website allows anyone to post.
edit on 5-10-2010 by Freedom of Thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

reply to post by Xiamara

Christmas? Jesus wasn't even BORN in December and EVERY theologian knows this!

Easter? See - Oester (goddess) ... traditions of coloring eggs for fertility rights.

Actually, you are correct in that Jesus was not born in December, and you are correct in that the
'folklore and traditions' that people have come to associate with these Holy days
have their origins in ancient pagan rituals.

Stepping back and taking a look at the larger picture, you can see that 'governments," and 'churches'
have added their own ideas of what to incorporate to appease the masses.
It does not make it right or true.

I will say though, that the mixing of apples and oranges are two different topics.
Discussing 'halloween's" origins involves the deeds of satan (ba'al).

Discussing "Easter" and "Christmas" involves The Holy Spirit and the birth and resurrection of
The Lord Jesus Christ. Two totally different kingdoms.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch88

No, "pagan" comes from the Latin word meaning country folk, rural.

Definition from Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Pagan-heathen
1. especially: a follower of a polytheistic religion
(especially as in ancient rome)

2. one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods;
an irreligious or hedonistic person.

related words: atheist, infidel, misbeliever, miscreant, nonbeliever, unbeliever.

source: www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Could you direct me in this thread where you get your information from on this?

I have never heard any of this and Halloween is my favorite time of year

If you start with any words connected to 'halloween': Celtic beliefs, druids, pagan, pagan worship,
halloween, origins of halloween, halloween and satanism, the occult, the satanic calendar,
and since we live in the age of computer-do your google searches, you will come up with
at least 35 pages of entries for each topic.

Serious research usually discounts entries posted by persons creating their own website, and wikipedia-
because of the method wikipedia has of allowing anyone to post information with no corresponding
authority. This will eliminate at least half of the entries under each topic. Usually, five or
six threads followed through will give you a balanced view of each subject. Some will be more in
depth and detailed than others. You can cross-reference the authorities for validation.

Dictionary sources are a good start for correct meanings of words. Mirram-Webster dictionary, for example,
defines pagan as: " heathen, especially a follower of a polytheistic religion".
source: www.merriam-webster.com... an Encyclopedia Brittanica company

The word, polytheistic, tells you that you will be researching a topic in which the followers
believe in many 'gods'.

The Celtic Druids, written by John Mitchell informs the reader that:.."The unifying bond between all the
Celtic tribes was their common priesthood, the Druids."

They believed in .."powers and authority of immortal gods" and reincarnation.
source: www.britannia.com

The Celts have four Celtic festivals.
Imboic Feb. 1, associated with their goddess Brigit

Beltane May 1, in honor of Bel

Lughnasadh Aug. 1, feast of their god Lugh

Samhain Nov. 1, all souls day

source: www.answers.com/topic/druid

"Samhain was the original halloween night." "Halloween. That was the eve of Samhain...
firstborn children were sacrificed..Samhain eve was a night of dread and danger."

source: National Geographic, May 1977, pp. 625-626

"The god whom the Druids worshipped was Baal,."

source: The Two Babylons, by Alexander Hislop, p.232

This is the same Baal all through the Old Testament that God warned Moses and the Israelites about.
This is why God told the Israelites, "I am God, and beside me there is no other" and "You shall have no
other gods before me".

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

As a Wiccan, Halloween is an important holiday for me. However, I don't abduct any children. Yet. I'm still working on that. Maybe next year I will have an operation going...
That, of course, being if the Dark Lord lets me have enough time off. He is very demanding. He is always like "go kill thisss..." or "go steal that....." As you see, right now I don't have time to take on your kids too, sigh, maybe that means I am the failure of the underworld.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mnm.carper

Ahh the dark lord its easier to get a hold of someone at tech support who speaks english... I don't know how many summonings I've done to get him to respond to me... But always end up in his message box. That dark lord owes me money from Friday the 13th Poker nights.

Poor guy though halloween is coming up so he needs to work on his plans for halloween and the corrupting of children. If they out law such a happy occasion then its going to get harder, his minions will have to get craftier... They to get him to play the part of edward in twilight and gain followers from team Edward but that Robert Pattinson guy called him up and sold his soul and the soul of his first born to satan for the part. Next time...

Sorry I had to post this... No one disses my favorite holiday This thread keeps making me have to post.. Its the only day I get to act crazy and not look it. Oh and I can drink and wear my fangs.

Xiamara

Mistress of Darkness

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnm.carper

As a Wiccan, Halloween is an important holiday for me. However, I don't abduct any children. Yet. I'm still working on that. Maybe next year I will have an operation going...
That, of course, being if the Dark Lord lets me have enough time off. He is very demanding. He is always like "go kill thisss..." or "go steal that....." As you see, right now I don't have time to take on your kids too, sigh, maybe that means I am the failure of the underworld.

Do you even understand what you are saying ? To steal and kill
are the works of darkness.
.".Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him?
Because his works were evil and his brother's righteous." 1 John 3:12

"in this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice
righteousness is not of God,." 1 John 3: 10

so much for 'peace' loving "Wiccans'? You are talking about you personally killing someone else's
children.

.."he who does evil has not seen God" John 3:11

"But these speak evil of whatever they do not know ; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts,
in these things they corrupt themselves. Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain.."
Jude v.10 & 11

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by mnm.carper

Sorry I had to post this... No one disses my favorite holiday This thread keeps making me have to post.. Its the only day I get to act crazy and not look it.
Xiamara Mistress of Darkness

Have you given any thought to where you will spend eternity?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Halloween's a time to have fun get candy, n good parents are with there kids. My parents always made sure there was an adult.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Seriously? Did you just now realize that I posted that? Or are you just looking for more people to argue with you?

Furthermore, it's called "etymology", genius. Look it up and learn what it is before you start to try and tell me I am wrong about the origins of the word "pagan". Hell, even a google search of "pagan definition" will show exactly what I said without you even clicking on a link.

Oh, and I also saw where you tried to lecture someone about using Wikipedia as a source... Yet here you are using your holy book, that was written and changed by hundreds of people throughout history, as a source to support your opinion. I can't be the only one that sees the irony in that.

Guys, you're not going to win with this person. You would have better luck teaching a dog to purr. The circular logic and lack of reason this type of dogmatic belief causes will never even attempt to understand your side of the argument. It's nothing more than a religious troll and as we all know the only way to make a troll go away is to ignore them, which is exactly what I'm going to do now.

Have a nice life being afraid of the ghost and goblins and fire and brimstone and all that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join