It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is Not "Hallowed"!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Many Americans unknowingly and unwittingly send their children
out begging for food at the end of October. These unsuspecting
parents, having bought into the conspiracy of "it's all fun and
games', dress their children in ghoulish costumes and think
nothing of it.
More children are abducted and killed on this night than any
other night in the year.
The word hallowed means to make Holy. The God who created
the heavens and the earth did not put His Blessings on this
celebration of the dark lord.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Freedom of Thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought
"You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image-
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that
is in the water under the earth" "You shall not bow down to them nor serve them"
Exodus 20: 2-4 KJV

When people dress up like demons, you are calling forth the underworld. When the one third
of all angels were kicked out of heaven for following Lucifer: they became dark angels (demons).
They are disembodied spirits, roaming the skies and earth looking for a home.
When you dress like them, they come looking for you. When you have their image in your
home, they will come there.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Someone's a party pooper.. I like halloween and also, there is more than one idea to the day of the dead, samhain, halloween. Some see it as a day to celebrate the spirits of those who have died, others see it as samhain. Christianity isn't the only view out there.

I look at halloween as a day to celebrate samhain and the dead as well as the unknown. Its a day to dress up and be different.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Your trying to pit your God against the modern worlds God. Jehova vs Madison Ave and marketing.

Madison Ave is going to win this battle because kids like candy. And retailers like selling candy.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Did you ever wonder why Katrina hit Louisiana?
How about God being really ticked off at their Mardi Gras lunacy,
(worshipping the dead)?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Do you even know what Samhain is? The millennia old pagan Irish celebration of Years end and the changing of the year from the light half (Summer) to the dark half (Winter)..

Those religions were practiced thousands of years before the hands of the Roman Empire took control of the politics behind organizing religion and forcing it on the entirety of Europe..

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "the Dark Lord"..

Try researching it..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wow then god must be a buzz kill at parties... And frat houses, sorority houses, stripp clubs, the list goes on and on... I wonder why god hasn't smited me? I have a satanic bible and laugh at church... Hmm must be behind... Oh well the inverted cross I have and pentagram may fall under various biblical no no's oh and lust my favorite sin... Hmm but Wrath is fun too... Oh and it must get Gods knickers in a knot that I follow a multiple god religion, One following a goddess.

Really such a close minded approach.. Did you know the bible practices many pagan rituals, Ahem the solstice AKA Christmas.. Easter as fertility... hmmm Guess the atheist knows a bit too much..

edit on 1-10-2010 by Xiamara because: Because...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought Did you ever wonder why Katrina hit Louisiana?
(worshipping the dead)?

If you are serious.. then you are seriously lacking in any kind of reasonable education.

Or else whatever cult of Christianity that has sunk their teeth into you has completely warped what could have been a reasonable mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought
reply to post by Xiamara

Did you ever wonder why Katrina hit Louisiana?
(worshipping the dead)?

Jerry Falwell, is that you???

Seriously, this is what you think?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Is ats being invaded by Christian fanatics or what?

I DISAGREE...

Holloween is a night to go out trick or treating. Take the kids out, let them get excited to dress up, and well Trick or treat..

WOW..
Lighten up, its not that serious.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Hey maybe they are practicing their fundamentalist impression for their halloween costume..

In any case I still will wear my Corset, stiletto heels and fishnets for halloween. If its worship of the dark lord Satan/lucifer/the devil all I can say is he throws one hell of a party each samhain!!!
God I love puns...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The modern ritual of going door to door asking for treats was started by...wait for it...CHRISTIANS!

As with the history of Halloween, there are many different ways the act of trick or treating came about. One is from the 19th century custom called souling. This means Christians would walk from town to town on Halloween night, begging for soul cakes.

bold mine
Source

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff: appreciate your reply. It's got nothing to do with me pitting my God
against Madison Avenue's god.
I know too many people whose lives have been ruined by dark things;
demonology, drugs, etc.
I am saying it starts young: when the innocent children are sent out
in the dark of night, dressed as something evil: a dark force emerges
and affects these kids. Whether the parents know it or not, whether
the kids realize it or not: they have been exposed to lucifer's kingdom.
What parent would deliberately sabotage their own child's welfare by exposing
them to such forces of darkness.
If one, only one, person stops and thinks, really, about this ghoulish
activity; and then decides not to do it, something good has happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I am really trying hard, to understand your belief here, but not all children dress up as ghouls and stuff, but I am sure you you could argue or debate about Halloween for hours here on ATS, so I am not in the mood. Its just to bad, you let your belief's try to influence other people's idea of how FUN Halloween is!!!!!

Party pooper..

If you dont have anything nice to say, please keep it to yourself, and let us folk who have fun on Halloween slay the demons, for ya...

trying to make normal folk feel bad for celebrating Halloween is rude.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Aww don't kill the demons on halloween!!! They just want to party too.. Anyways demons are a girls best friend... Or is it diamonds. Always get the two mixed up...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is a serious twisting of Christian theology, and one that I personally have to deal with every year, as my children play with other children happily until these festivities come up and their parents accuse my children of being Satanic because of their Trick or Treating...

Where does the Christian aspect of the holiday of Halloween come into practice? In 835, Pope Gregory IV moved the celebration for all the martyrs (later all saints) from May 13 to November 1. The night before became known as All Hallow’s Even or “holy evening.” Over time the name was shortened to the current Halloween. On November 2, the Catholic Church celebrates All Souls Day.

Many people give out money for UNICEF and other gifts for the needy on Halloween in addition to candy.

So trick or treating, really a past-time of generosity and giving to others, began as an outgrowth as nothing more than a celebration before the Holy Day of the Feast of Saints.

How is that unChristian?

en.wikipedia.org...
www.americancatholic.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As long as the kids aren't worshipping Satan, casting spells, or sacrificing animals, I don't think God really cares much. Besides, it's the perfect time to dress up like Jesus and piss off the fanatics; or dress up like Satan and scare them.

edit on 1-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

demonology, drugs, etc.

I grew up in a super religious home where we were not allowed to do halloween things. I now have a daughter and I LOVE LOVE LOVE halloween. Love the dressing up and the fun atmosphere. I am still a Christian and I do not worship Satan on that day nor does my daughter. She sees it as dressing up and going door to door - fun!

You know what you should be concerned about? Not halloween - but all those "christians" who feel the need to tell the world how to live whilst behind closed doors live the life they preach against. There is a looong laundry list of Christians who are hypocrites and live in sin continually whilst preaching from the pulpit. That is FAR MORE disgusting than kids trick-or-treating and dressing up in silly costumes. I believe that would upset God more than people dressing up and collecting candy

I see many "christian" families more screwed up than non-christian families. Please do not even tell me that one is better than the other.

Dont even get me started on CHRISTmas
:@@ :

edit on October 1st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

demonology, drugs, etc.

Sorry, I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around your logic here....Halloween has nothing to do with Satan/Lucifer/Demons ect or God. It has pagan roots.

Here, have a look see at where halloween really orginated from:

en.wikipedia.org...

If you don't like wikipedia's version try this one:

www.neopagan.net...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just about every "Christian" holiday is not very Christian!

Christmas? Find somewhere in the Bible where it says to celebrate anything other than Christ's resurrection.

"All Hallow's Eve" is a pagan celebration with good intending roots like all other holidays, that was probably organized toward some community purpose in its era and was then bastardized over and over until we get to this century where it serves to sell a bunch of candy and merchandise in that slow period between Summer and Christmas!

In case you haven't noticed, every month has some significant National Sales Event err, I mean Holiday, where the population is supposed to unite and spend a bunch of money to cook the books to get the stock market buoyant into the following month, so that things can somehow survive up to "Black Friday" that is so aptly named, because it is the day of the year that so many businesses finally operate "in the black" and can then show a profit for Christmas!

Nobody cares about the origin of the event, the Pagan/Christian implications, or the danger of pedophiles and pedestrian accidents. All they care about is $$$$$$$$$

If you would prefer that we celebrate something different to fill the economic void of October, then organize your group, ordain yourself as some type of expert, raise some money, grease some wheels, lobby the Congress, and get you own October holiday established. Then buy stock on the companies that will benefit from your original idea, and write a book about your pagan hero, and partner up with some Senior Congressperson that can get your idea approved, AND THEN you can begin your campaign to end Halloween! You have to have a competing interest before you destroy the competition. Get with the program!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join