It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoopi Goldberg:So what if the government was responsible ? 9/11 dead can't be brought back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Former Navy Seal Jesse Ventura

He wasn't a seal, he was in a UDT...Yes, he's just full of surprises, isn't he?

rapidly growing numbers

Unlikely.

rapidly shrinking numbers of 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY defenders here on ATS

You're on ATS and you're surprised that conspiracy theorists outnumber anyone else...? I could say the same thing about truthers on JREF (obvious illuminati front) forums...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Former Navy Seal Jesse Ventura

He wasn't a seal, he was in a UDT...Yes, he's just full of surprises, isn't he?

Surprise surprise surprise.

Military Hub

Ventura joined the Navy after high school and was on active duty during the Vietnam era. He served in the US military for a total of six years - four on active duty (1969-1973), and two in the Reserves (1973-1975) with the Navy UDT - Underwater Demolition Team 12. In the Naval Reserves, Ventura was assigned to SEAL Team One. He would later describe SEAL training as the toughest experience of his life. Ventura is still entitled to use the title of Navy "SEAL,” for his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT.

www.militaryhub.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad8c82213001.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is a truther,
does that make him a terrorists???

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
to all who say it dooesnt matter...
are you f'n crazy!? yes it was a while ago, but not that long ago. thousands of ppl died. the families of those ppl would like to kknow what really happened

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to fathom that the gov't would intentionally kill 3,000 people? One hand they will say over 4,000 US troop deaths in Iraq. These troops are US citizens. The war was based on lies and the administration knew they were telling lies. They also knew US citizens would die. They lied us into a war that they knew had nothing to do with 9/11 and knew it would result in deaths, but yet people still have trouble believing that the gov't would intentionally kill people. Is it just me, or is that ignorant? Sending young men and women to die for something you lied about is intentionally killing them.

I personally don't believe the US gov't did it because the gov't employs a lot of people. So saying the government did it, comes from someone who doesn't understand what is being discussed. And it is completely ignorant to say, they are all dead so just let it go. If this was rational, no murderer should ever stand trial because even if they are guilty, the people they killed aren't coming back. Let's say I robbed Whoopi, and when I was caught, I just said "I already spent the money." Do you think she would say "Oh well the money is already spent so who cares? Or if someone killed a family member .. "Oh well family member dead so just let it go." That is completely ignorant.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You know i am not a believer in most of the 9/11 conspiracies. Partly because i witnessed the events first hand from my schools window when i was 12. But dear god, conspiracy or not that was a HORRIBLE thing for whoopi to have said. Jesus christ, if the government IS responsible then they MUST be brought to justice.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

How does witnessing the events make it not a conspiracy? Unless you believe nothing happened, you believe in a conspiracy. Watching the planes fly into the buildings changes nothing except for maybe the guys that believe they were holograms. There are many theories, but just watching the attack doesn't answer any of the questions that remain unanswered. I'm not sure what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

reply to post by Pocky

I just have to make clear what Whoopi said in this interview.

I paraphrase:

"Even we get the answer, Even if your right, those people aren't coming back. That's the biggest drag about this"

She is not saying "So what if the government was responsible" implying that she has no problem with the government committing treason.

Nor was she automatically ruling out that anybody would have planted explosives in those buildings.

She was just being pragmatic. The 9/11 victims are dead, and no amount of truth is going to change that.

Whoopi was saying that she thinks the loss of life and not who was responsible for it is the biggest tragedy about the whole incident. And she is right.

I think some members should learn to listen to what someone is saying before flaming them.

I think that the heading of this should be edited. Currently it is sensationalist and incorrect.

This thread is exactly the reason why that have the "scrutiny" warning on the bottom of all 9/11 threads

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Pocky
So they automatically have ruled out that anybody would have planted explosives in those buildings, nobody would dare do such a thing, right?

So exactly how could anyone have planted the tonnes of explosives in the 3 buildings with no one noticing? It would have taken a lot of people months of work to get each building ready for demolition, and no one working there noticed the piles of explosives, all the holes punched in the walls, all the det cord needed to wire it all up?

Also if the collapse of WTC1 had not severely damaged WTC 7 and started large unchecked fires how would they have explained that building coming down?

Typical truster trap. I can not tell how it was done, but I can tell you that there is plenty of evidence that suggest it was not just planes and jet fuel that caused collapse. You simply asking me a question like, "How did they do it?" proves the point that all questions have not been answered and there is a need for a new independent investigation.

Regarding WTC 7, they would explain it the way they DID it explain it... "phenomena"

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

rapidly shrinking numbers of 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY defenders here on ATS

You're on ATS and you're surprised that conspiracy theorists outnumber anyone else...? I could say the same thing about truthers on JREF (obvious illuminati front) forums...

ATS 911 Poll

Actually I was referring to the ATS 911 POLL.

At last count, there were 411 nays and 20 ayes, or 95.36% do not believe the Official Fantasy Tale and 4.64% are faithful believers and willing to defend the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY even with their lives if necessary.

It seems many of the once faithful have been abandoning ship, and saving themselves before it is too late.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83ddc3ef5af3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Ya know, Noam Chomsky basically says the same thing. It's irrelevant at this point, just like JFK. The reason is simple. It's in the past, had too many possibilities and conflicting information sets, and most importantly: we've got too many damned problems going on right now.

It truly doesn't matter at this point. Sad, but true.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by unityemissions]

So if I killed you, right now. It would be irrelevant because it happened in the past.

Cool logic.

The events of 911 shows that there is a hole in the system. Nobody is trying to bring back the dead. This hole needs to be patched, and the cancers need to be removed. That is why investigating and exposing 911 is important.

But it happened in the past, so it's now irrelevant am I right?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

wearechangeseattle.org... s-with-construction-passes-connection-to-mossad-spy-ring/

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by dereks

wearechangeseattle.org... s-with-construction-passes-connection-to-mossad-spy-ring/

ur link is dead - 404

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

It still would matter anyway cause the government is still using 9/11 to push current and future policy! That's the key to it all right there!

If it was false flag attack, the whole point was to get things like the patriot act passed and get a false war on terror started so they can pass whatever ridiculous laws they want; all of them justified by the war on terror just like they did with the war on drugs.

That's the point. That's why it matters. It's not about bringing the dead back. It's about trying to get the people to realize that whenever there's a problem in the world, there's a good chance it was caused by the government in the first place so the government can turn right around and offer you their "final solution" to the problem they created.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So what if the government condoned slavery and looked the other way while slave owners murdered their 'property'. The dead can't be brought back. Now would that tick her off or what?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by lostviking]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Barbara Walters is such a dolt. I think the hot chick may even be smarter than her, even after sniffing glue. This is the kind of dreck American housewives are glued to all day (no pun intended).

To say Jesse owned them would be an understatement.

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
from 2008 but here is jesse on howard stern show talking about 9/11, gulf of tonkin, bush, new american century (that i never heard about WOW)

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-3-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

[edit on 11-3-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What really gets my head gasket torqued is when folks say that the steel softened and failed because of the fires and the explosion of the jet fuel and the burning of all the office furniture.

For ten years of my life I softened steel to earn my living. I ran the annealing furnaces at one of the largest tool manufacturers in the world. Typically we would put the baskets of pliers in a furnace at about 2200 degrees F and keep them there for ten hours or so. Then we would gradually bring the temperature down to roughly 1400 degrees F over 8 hours or so and then take the baskets of pliers out and send them to the coining presses. Later they would undergo a similar process called heat treating to make them hard again.

I challenge anyone to go to your local scrap yard and buy a piece of structural steel girder. Do a Rockwell "C" test on it to scientifically determine what it's hardness is. Then pile a bunch of office furniture and carpet and drapes on top of it and soak it down in jet fuel. Burn it down and do another Rockwell "C" test to scientifically determine how much it has softened. Then get back to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Need to change the title of this thread. Whoopi, though I usually laugh at what she says and disagree with her more often, did not say that. We need to quote her words as she says them if you are going to make the title of the thread as such.

She simply stated that the people are not coming back and it sucks. She never mentioned 'so what if the government did it'.

Just my thoughts.

On Jesse. Well, as usual most of him points, just as he started going, were cut off and not allowed to be completed.

Major government conspiracies have been proven over and over to have happened. It happens all of the time. It's hidden for as long as possible and then completely flooded by the people that usually pull it off with deflection and usually off the wall conspiracies. I fear that the same thing will be said about this one in 100 years. That it was sad that the government did that and even sadder that the people didn't do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You see, the problem is that the vast majority of poeple on here will take for gospil the words of others. That's for both sides of this argument. Why? Because the vast majority of us do not work with metal in this manner.

It's people like you that will bring the most insight into discussions like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join