It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Made Out of Meat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Could you imagine meat walking around talking with slaps on the ground of themselves? Lol.

A lot of homeless people would be in for a treat! Maybe this isn't a joke, maybe it's true, you never know

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Awsome. I had this as an assigned reading in a cognitive science class years ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
They are missing out on the beautiful form of meat ladies on this planet!

Oh well their loss.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
what meat???????, chicken,pork, beef ,lamb , whats r we talking here

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
while funny, I must say, if an alien species ever really delved into the chemistry of our "meat" bodies, they would be amazed.
Each of our bodies literally contains a universe of thinking, living, intelligent and pretty much psychic cells, bacterias, atoms, neurons, and so much more.
We're pretty cool creatures if you ask me... not light beings by any means, we're much more complex than that

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ok....I say lets have a cook out...Someone push the button...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have to say... When i was reading it... i really thought it was going to be something from Arthur C Clarke, really had his " style " .

fantastic.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
while funny, I must say, if an alien species ever really delved into the chemistry of our "meat" bodies, they would be amazed.
Each of our bodies literally contains a universe of thinking, living, intelligent and pretty much psychic cells, bacterias, atoms, neurons, and so much more.
We're pretty cool creatures if you ask me... not light beings by any means, we're much more complex than that

Right. I believe we are made up of mostly water molecules. I really enjoyed reading the part about machines, I've been thinking about that a lot lately too. Imagine if you were abducted by robot aliens......that is something humans might do one day...look at what our space travel looks like....

Even if you are an alien race approaching our planet...what do you see as you start to creep in...

Which leads me to the question
Have we always had defense up in space that we don't know about?....and are we still in a constant war with aliens?

For example say for centuries the powers of the world were in harmony with the aliens. The aliens provided knowledge, evolution, and technology. Humans went behind their benevolent alien's back, and set up defense in space with the acquired technology.

On the other hand there could be technology out there, that informs aliens which way NASA is looking, SETI is listening, how radar can pick you up, what signals will cause interference, how military, navy, air force, coast guard, can discover your presence.

Speaking of wiping out the meat, not whipping, but wipe, the meat, yeah, aren't we trying to do that already? Ending terrorism, pollution, hunger, disease, etc. etc..?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
brilliant!

but i think everyone here missed the point.
that's from the alien's perspective, of us, not ours.
we are meat.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

so, they're gas? we just might be able to use them for fuel or to get high then "pass" them

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is really really cool.

Makes you thinking about our life, how small are we, how big can we be. How vunerable are we... 'meat' .

Great story.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've read this somewhere before, but I'll be damned if I can remember where!

When you've read as much sci-fi as I have, it all kinda blends after a while.

It's an interesting read though. It would be like us finding a race of beings made out of Jelly (Jell-O for our US friends).

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

so, they're gas? we just might be able to use them for fuel or to get high then "pass" them

When I was blazed out of my mind, Around 2-5 minutes ago. I thought shht what if like Earth is just some sort of Harvest to the aliens and other c unts are trying to get in on us and yeah there's some kind of Darth Vader out there saying to millions of Stormtroopers "It is time. The battle has began. Once again the Tribe of Safricans are trying to steal our Food, Crop and even Cotton. It us up to us to protect Earth so that it may grow for a little longer. Then once the earth has reached it's maximum capacity of Humans we will once again move in for the Feast. Oh and I dibs Miley Cyrus.. I know that we somewhat had a hand in her being but I mean holy **** c'mon! Didn't we cut of Billy Ray's sack after we probed, raped and forced him to do that stupid song that for some reason every pathetic human loved? Getting back to the point, You.. My dogs of war.. Earth is ours and we are not sharing it with intruders, I Demand you to defend what is ours and film eachother in the locker rooms!"

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I've gotten in trouble a couple of times for flapping my meat in public, and people treat me weird when I squirt air through my meat.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don't know why I see this as aliens talking about us. It should be creepy if not so fun.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hahaha!
I remember this story from my 8th grade English class!
It is nice to read it again from a different perspective.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Where can I meat those potatoes?
Are there any veggies for a threesome??

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I read this whole thing through... and the only thing I took away..
"The have meat heads." Yes we certainly do.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"
"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."

Just stumbled upon this and thought it was funny/insightful, couldn't find it on ats or bts.

Source

Mods: If this is inappropriate here I apologize, feel free to move it.

Sorry if this has been done already...

"How can you have any meat if you don't eat your pudding?"-Pink Floyd

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Pizza the Hut
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f14c5f44c913.jpg[/atsimg]

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join