It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last man on Moon says Buzz Aldrin went to Mars

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
interesting this thread is still taking place

all i know is, if there are people debating this topic based on the sole fact that we the people dont have the knowledge to get there, then well, thats pretty naive

we the people dont know half of the stuff that our species has knowledge of, this isnt an equal world and the elite have always controlled the knowledge, just because they make us believe theres only one way to do things, or that it takes a certain amount of time to do something, doesnt mean thats the only way, just means its the only way they want us to know about

for anyone to say for definite they know matter of factually we have not been to mars, is simple arrogance

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

That is what I get for posting after drinking too much rum.

yo ho me hardies, drink up.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

Oh yeah, and don't forget that some think that the final mission to the Moon (Apollo 17) was really looking for ancient ruins. And also don't forget that Apollo 17 is the mission where some think we found the head of a junked android!

HUh? .. Whats this about a junked android?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

Oh yeah, and don't forget that some think that the final mission to the Moon (Apollo 17) was really looking for ancient ruins. And also don't forget that Apollo 17 is the mission where some think we found the head of a junked android!

HUh? .. Whats this about a junked android?

G'day JohnPhoenix

He's referring to some Hoagland BS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6c7899a09b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Hoaglan thinks that rock is C3PO.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I think what he meant was that he wants NASA to go to Mars and Buzz Aldrin also wants this. I think he just said it wrong. I do not think that he meant Buzz Aldrin went to Mars already and wants to go back.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

He actually said the second time: "I'm not going to be there when we go back to the Moon or on to Mars........" Still, to believe that we were are alone in the Universe, that the corrupt powers that be, have not been in collusion with an extraterretrial / inter-dimensional beings, after the amount of lies and confusion, needless expenditure of lives on wars that only benefited the powerful elite, at the peril of mankind - well therein lies the folly!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Not only been there, my friend, but I also think there is a military base there that has been occupied for many years now. Scientists and other high minded folks have been quietly taken there, I believe they are attempting to start some kind of alien machinery, or shut down same. It may or may not be a defence shield. I have no proof, no links to back me up. Take it at face value alone.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Interesting and make's sense tbh
that singing made me laugh hard though

also whats this about Apollo 17 and the android and ruins?
i know on one Apollo mission that the astronauts saw campfires and vehicles in craters.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Billy Meires photographs would seem to correspond to this....

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think that not going back to the moon is a huge mistake. If we are going to go to Mars, we need to create a base on the Moon for refueling and replenishment of supplies. To put things in layman's terms, you can't go from one coast to the other without stopping somewhere in between.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian_Queen

Good point, ReptilianQ...

Another way to phrase it is the term "baby steps"...

There are, though, at least two schools of thought on this...

Launching heavy payloads, using conventional rocketry, from deep in the Earth's gravity well IS a problem. BUT, also, though lesser, the Moon's gravity well is steep too.

There exist, however, several 'lagrange' points where a permanent station could be constructed (someday) as a possible staging point for future manned Mars missions.

THAT is only one concept, of many proposals...

We should recall that the exact methods of just going to the Moon were hotly debated...the 'LOR' (Lunar Orbit Rendezvous) plan, eventually adopted by the Apollo Program, was deemed too risky by some...

THAT is why the concept of orbital rendezvous was practiced so much, in LEO, mostly in the Gemini Program, and carried through with early Apollo missions....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Maybe just maybe he was. "I am not gonna be there when we go to moon or on to mars"

I don't think he is referring to being on mars so much as the probes and landers we sent to mars. In the last statement it sounds to me like he is referring to the future possibility of sending manned missions to mars. Maybe. . .

Anyway this in no way sounds to me like we had Buzz on mars.

I am not saying we have not already been there or that we are not on the moon at present for that matter but this clip in no way lets anything slip if that's what folks are thinking.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Did I miss an important part in the history of Space Travel? or has there been another one of those time slip/changes events?

reply to post by timewalker
Too old? Didn't he go up to ISS a few years ago? Why yes I think he did.

And

reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw
I just think you are taking it out of context. And yes Buzz did go to the ISS but a joyride and a 16 month round trip and no telling how long to do a mission, are two different things. Yes I think he is not up to it. edit: or yes 260 days on a good day.

I find it odd nobody picked up on it, but it wasn't Buzz who went to the ISS,but John Glenn on board Discovery, most pages covering that flight seem to be missing? but I found an old BBC page with some information, there are some links on there covering his return to space.

John Glenn

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Glad somone was paying attention! I realized my mistake a while ago, but didn't correct myself because the the point I was making in that statement was that being young isn't a prerequisite to going into space. the idea was put forward that these guys couldn't have gone to Mars because they were to old, and that just simply isn't true... but you are correct, it was Glenn and not Buzz who went to the ISS.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Second... I think he meant to say the "Moon"
I chalk it up to old age and he was a bit excited.

I don't think so... Buzz definitely says forget the moon go to Mars

Buzz also says the Chinese will go BACK to the moon and if there is a colony up on the moon they will speak CHINESE

Buzz Aldrin China Moon (sometimes this site takes time to load but it's a must see)
revver.com...

But then he is also CEO of Starcraft Boosters with his own offer on the table to replace the shuttle

buzzaldrin.com...

Might also want to read this..
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Then look at this...

buzzaldrin.com...

and he is senior science adviser to Gravwave LLC a compny working with CHINA on anti gravity tech

www.gravwave.com...

See page 9

www.gravwave.com...

Now you all can go around calling these guys old and senile, but seems to me they are rubbing your noses into it and your still not getting the picture

edit on 18-12-2010 by zorgon because: No coffee yet

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't think that was a faux pas but an actual slip up of truth.
Because I firmly believe not only are we ON the Moon now but we occupy many (most?) planets. Mars being one of them! Because if you believe (know) that they only share with us 40% (at most) of their technology and toys then.....can you imagine what the other 60% entails.
It is also my deep belief, Humans have mastered teleportation too! But that's not for this thread.

What I don't understand about this interview though is: why are we still competing? Why are countries still jostling for position? It's sickening.
And we wonder if peace will ever befall our planet? Ha!

We can't even (pretend) to explore space together much less avoid (staged) wars.
Humans make me sick. I love their spirits but I can't stand their egos.

PS. Didn't Gene Cernan look mad? He looks very very angry for some reason. Buzz does too. I think keeping secrets or perhaps being brainwashed (or having their minds altered) might have taken a toll on some astronauts.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
he's old he made a mistake........

edit on 15-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by seattletruth
Wow. Are you people really not able to realize that as a country, we have "gone to Mars"?

Just because we didn't send a human there doesn't mean we haven't gone there. We took some metal out of country, formed it into a space ship, put it inside a rocket, and sent it over there.

Yes, our country has been to Mars.

Buzz aldrin isn't a country though.

He didnt say Buzz went to mars. he said "Buzz wants us to go back to mars"

IE: An opinion held BY BUZZ. Last time I checked people can hold opinions. Nowhere did Aldrin indicate he had personally been to mars. FFS, really people?

If I say I want us to go back to the moon, it isnt implying that I've been to the moon.

The People of ATS' ability to completely butcher a sentence into implying something it never meant and then using it for the basis of a moronic conspiracy theory never ceases to amaze me.
edit on 15-2-2011 by NavalFC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
he's old he made a mistake........

Niel Armstrong is old too... Did he make a mistake when he spoke of truth's layers at a White House speech?

Senator John Glenn is old too, did he make a mistake?

Or are they leaving us clues in the only way they can without losing their pensions
edit on 15-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
The People of ATS' ability to completely butcher a sentence into implying something it never meant and then using it for the basis of a moronic conspiracy theory never ceases to amaze me.

Not quite sure what you think you accomplish by constantly telling people who disagree with you that they are morons

:shk:

And yet... you feel the need in just about every thread

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join