It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last man on Moon says Buzz Aldrin went to Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Gene Crenan was the last human to leave footprints on the Moon. Recently Obama cancelled NASA's plans to return to the Moon, so Gene Cernan went on Fox News to voice his disaproval. The video is worth watching just for his take on the situation, but listen to what he says at the 3:00 minute mark!!!

video.foxnews.com...#/v/3999465/pinheads--patriots-22/?playlist_id=87249< br />
(sorry,don't know how to embed this)

"Buzz" Aldrin has released a statement saying that he thinks cancelling the Moon mission was the right descision, but Cernan says that "Buzz" wants to go back to Mars!!!

Cernan doesn't correct himself or stutter at all. He says it very clearly and confidently.

Some will say Cernan just made a mistake in saying Mars instead of the Moon, but given the fact that they are talking about how "Buzz" Does Not want to go back to the Moon that explination doesn't really add up. Maybe Cernan did make a mistake, but not by saying Mars when he ment the Moon, but instead that he just let the cat out of the bag when it comes to what we have really been up to.

Oh yeah, and don't forget that some think that the final mission to the Moon (Apollo 17) was really looking for ancient ruins. And also don't forget that Apollo 17 is the mission where some think we found the head of a junked android!

Maybe Gene Cernan knows all kinds of secrets... And maybe he just let one slip.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was actually watching that show thismorning.
He did not only say it once,but TWICE.

makes ya think dont it?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wow, I agree, that was certainly strange.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by hermantinkly]

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
That is not what he said. I think he was referring to the aspect of sending more missions to mars, we do have 2 rovers sitting there right now.

p.s. I do own Hoagland's books.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He said it TWICE.

Screwing up once I can believe..but twice??

I DUNNNNNNO

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

That is what he said. Go watch the video for yourself.

"Buzz does want to go back to Mars"-Gene Cernan

The conversation was about humans in space. He wasn't talking about sending rovers anywhere he was talking about manned missions.

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow. Are you people really not able to realize that as a country, we have "gone to Mars"?

Just because we didn't send a human there doesn't mean we haven't gone there. We took some metal out of country, formed it into a space ship, put it inside a rocket, and sent it over there.

Yes, our country has been to Mars.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting slip. While I do believe that there is much to the moon missions that is being kept from us, I don't think we had the technology to get to Mars back then-manned missions i'm talking about here? Just not sure that Buzz went to Mars...meaning I don't think it was possible in his time. Thoughts?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by amazing]

+36 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Wow. Are you people really not able to realize that as a country, we have "gone to Mars"?

Just because we didn't send a human there doesn't mean we haven't gone there. We took some metal out of country, formed it into a space ship, put it inside a rocket, and sent it over there.

Yes, our country has been to Mars.

Buzz aldrin isn't a country though.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

I watched it. I don't think you take what he said so literally. I don't think he was saying Buzz himself want's to go back, besides he's too old.

Another thing, they have been talking about building a station on the moon as a jump platform to send "humans" to mars for years.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Its a 5 year trip to Mars

Dont you think someone wouldve noticed if Buzz Aldrin had been away for at least 10 years?

Edit- Or maybe that was one year? Cant remember

[edit on 2/2/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Too old? Didn't he go up to ISS a few years ago?

Why yes I think he did.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Dont you think someone wouldve noticed if Buzz Aldrin had been away for at least 10 years?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I reckon that time Buzz punched that guy, it was not really him, it was his clone.

While the real buzz was having a rare old laugh on Mars with the rest of the total recall crew.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

5 or 1?

Nevermind, here's the theory behind travelling to Mars

www.astronomycafe.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Not according to some people. But then you'd have conspiracy upon conspiracy, Buzz secretly going to Mars, and using secret ('jump room to mars' type) tech to do it in record time.

Not saying it couldn't be true.

But if it is true, it's one hell of a double whammy

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I believe it's like 7 months each way.

But anyway, I think the OP is taking this out of context.

He says that Aldrin wants to go back to Mars. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (hah!) to realize that when he refers to Aldrin, he means humanity in a collective manner.

Nice try, though.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

I just think you are taking it out of context. And yes Buzz did go to the ISS but a joyride and a 16 month round trip and no telling how long to do a mission, are two different things. Yes I think he is not up to it.

edit: or yes 260 days on a good day.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I've never understood the too old argument.
It's not like they will have to get out and push start their ship.

do our astronauts really need to be perfect?
I'm more excited about the private space race myself,imagine burt ratans company with one tenth of nasa's budget.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

I believe it's like 7 months each way.

But anyway, I think the OP is taking this out of context.

He says that Aldrin wants to go back to Mars. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (hah!) to realize that when he refers to Aldrin, he means humanity in a collective manner.

Nice try, though.

I tried to watch the video but can't.

Is there something in what he says that makes it absolutely impossible for the OP to interpret his words the way he did, or are you just giving your opinion that this could not be what he meant because you think it unlikely?

I have to say, even if the OP were interpreting his words correctly, I'd find it odd that an astronaut would just let it slip on TV.

But then, finding things odd or unlikely, isn't proof that they can't happen.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Malcram]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join