It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

You only have so many characters for your thread title. What I ought to have said is: For those that don't get it, please explain to me why you don't understand the tactic being used and elaborate upon it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is pathetic to believe Jones is defending your interest. He isn't. Ratings, popularity and promotion is what he wants.

Walk on your own feet and discover the truth

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Lost our creditability? what the # are you talking about? You have creditability no freaking way?!?!?!?!!! Alex Jones has done more for the truth movement than anybody on this damn website has ever done. People want to bash AJ for what he did and now look latimesblogs.latimes.com... LA TIMES is covering it the very next day! Who else will pick up the story now? So keep on complaining and bitching about alex when you know he is getting the story out there exactly how he wanted to with a nice big made up interview. booh #ing whooo he made a make up interview get over it! Bunch of cry babies on here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by itsdatruth

SkepticOverlord was once involved with the Truth movement and I believed attended a few meetings (apologises if I am wrong) Prior to the Jonesization, ATS had a warm relationship with them.

Oh, and we've worked with the 7/7 Truth Movement in the UK, which I'm very friendly with

We've done a lot, without running down the streets and shouting down megaphones.

So please, grow up

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

and you been on national news? radio shows? newspapers? movies? hmm nope guess not but good luck getting your message out there your doing a good job!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by itsdatruth

LOL

I'm guessing you are probably 14 (judging by your simplistic use of English) and Alex Jones is the only "conspiracy" theorist you've followed? And, for the record, ATS have been on the mainstream media
But you'd probably been watching Cartoon Network at the time to have noticed

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was a bit pissed at the way he unveiled the interview. but in retrospect it makes perfect sense; it created a much larger buzz. The objective is to get peeps talking about, and the more that talk about it, the more coverage it gets.

Think about it... what is going to get more google hits: Alex Jones Truth or Alex Jones Hoax. the latter, of course.

It's a creative way of getting the message out and he accomplished that in a big way. The media news is all about sensationalism; if Alex Jones doesn't keep up with the Jones' hehe, he won't get much attention.

link   
You can't be a leader in a truth movement and then use any form of deception as a tactic for promoting your agenda. I don't care what his motives or plan was, this fundamental mistake is pure hypocrisy.

That's like if Gandhi gave Churchill the finger.

link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

It wasn't a lie. It was a work of fiction.

It was a war of the worlds type of thing. Can't you guys see that?

war of the worlds was a LIE!!!!

ignorance and hypocracy are astounding and you sir have both.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

great comeback man that was awesome cartoon network? real original. yeah i heard about alex jones and ats through cartoon network yep there big into the truth movement. just face it alex jones has done more than just about anybody thats all i am saying. and ats being on mainstream news come on seriously what 1 time?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

"By Any Means Necessary". I've started a Thread about why, at least I, don't see this kind of tactic wrong to try and wake people up.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What happened yesterday is that Alex Jones delivered something that was unexpected. People were disappointed because it was not what they expected. A glitch in the delivery made a whole bunch of people cry "FOUL" and "LIAR", but what they fail to recall is that the disclaimer what on the website from the very beginning! You just had to look for it a bit! It was plainly located on the bottom of the .pdf which was itself located directly at the bottom of the original post. That was there from second one and the only reason people are so up in arms is that it wasn't what they expected and it was a tad confusing at first because the disclaimer wasn't in both places.

There are a variety of factors that go into writing an article (or work of fiction), the disclaimer was obviously added after Sheen composed his "20 Minutes" and I'm sure Sheen or Jones (themselves) did not personally upload it onto the server. If it was a deliberate lie, wouldn't it make sense to just exclude the disclaimer from the .pdf as well?

There are some that cry liar, but look at the big picture here. Look at the character of Jones and Sheen to even stand up and say anything about any of the 9/11 cover-up and in addition - do it in such a public format! Look at the supporting documents that are available and that Sheen compiled, look at the purpose beyond what you personally expected and look at the fact that the disclaimer was available from second one in the .pdf that Sheen and Jones probably used to have some infowarrior cut & paste onto the server to begin with.

Why compose a hypothetical interview/ situation? To get people talking about the supporting documentation - that's the thrust of the letter and a small glitch in the delivery on such a crazy day as yesterday shouldn't be cause for mass protest. Look at the overall picture and stop being myopic - don't strain out a gnat and swallow a fly!

Jones and Sheen know that there are some smart people that tune into the program and to put the disclaimer in the .pdf would have been the stupidest thing anyone in the world would have done if it was intended to be a hoax. It was not a hoax because the disclaimer was there from the beginning; people just had their feelings hurt because it was a tad confusing and it wasn't expected.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
very well said. its all about the big picture that will take some time but that is just the way it is.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What is there to get? He treated us like children. We took the bait. He lied. Period.

And please, stop saying that it only lasted for a few hours. He prepared a video on Monday and knew what he was doing.

Truth = transparency.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
AJ is a radio talkshow host...take it with a grain of salt. Sheen is not meeting with the president, it's a fictional meeting. It is about ratings, please stop this perpetual BS. This is how these things get legs.

Sheen's request takes the form of a letter to the President in the context of
a fictional meeting between the two entitled "20 Minutes With The President,"
published exclusively on radio talk show host Alex Jones' Infowars.com and
Prison Planet.com websites.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by A Fortiori

sorry

he lied to get attention..

HOAX

So do half the members of this board. How does that bolster any credibility here?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For all those sticking with the 'technical issues' left off the disclaimer...bull#!
It just doesn't work that way. The page was uploaded without that information. It's not as if the upload died *just right there at the end* and left that off. Alex quizzing his own IT guys to make them say it was a technical glitch didn't even work out well as one of his guys was correcting him on saying 'you always have that problem right?' The reply was 'no.'
This was nothing more than a publicity stunt.
It could be construed as something to raise 9/11 awareness in the MSM and that would mean something if Alex hadn't have been doing things for the last several months to damage his own credibility. All the swine flu fear-mongering, the Joker poster contest (which was appropriated from the original artist that did the image and claimed as Jones' own work,) the Joker makeup tirade that made AJ look like a total ass, his having Spencer Pratt on his show as another celebrity 'truther,' his idiotic persona in the IFC documentary...
AJ has set himself up to be marginalized and discounted very well over the past few months especially, not even mentioning his classic Y2K episode. If one wanted to destroy the credibility of the 'movement' he has done everything very well to put himself in that position. He is referred to as the father of the 9/11 movement (and he himself will certainly tell you that!) and he has done everything to ruin his credibility and is now trying to attrack attention from the MSM, which will be able to produce volumes of great evidence that AJ is a looney, because he has produced the evidence for them.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This really separates the wheat from the chaff.

You have the morons crying "hoax!", while you have reasonable, intelligent people seeing that this is a "stunt", so to speak, to draw attention to 9/11 issues that the mainstream media woefully ignores.

Kudos to Alex Jones for knowing how to bring attention such an important subject. While the disclaimer didn't show up for 90 minutes, I think we can forgive him for that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Big Picture now is that Alex Jones used deception on people to try and hurt a well written letter by Charlie Sheen. How is anyone really going to take this seriously now? That "hoax" thing will always hover over this like a bad mistake in one's past.

He was deceptive about "THE HUGE THING COMING"
HE was deceptive about "THE LETTER"
HE Was deceptive about "Why it took place"

This is pure BS and we should stand up against it if our interest is really in the "TRUTH" of 9/11.

Yes, it was a very well written Letter by Sheen, probably the best thing I have seen (and I have seen a lot) but now it goes down as a big scandal or hoax.

Sorry, but just like the Collapse of Bldg-7 is not believable as a natural event, so to is this now not believable as a "Mistake."

Let us make NO MISTAKE. This was delibrate.

I wish I was wrong on this. I hope Alex does something to prove what I am saying is NOT TRUE. But as of right now, my guess is he is either in this for his own glory or he actually is DISINFO. TAke your pick.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If Alex Jones got a high-profile guest in the studio, what difference would it make?

Former 9/11 commision member Max Cleland did a interview like that...

www.democracynow.org...

and 9/11 is still considered a conspiracy theory after that interview.

More high-profile people blowing whistles...
www.911summary.com...

9/11 still a conspiracy theory??

[edit on 9-9-2009 by conar]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join