It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did no one really get what Jones was trying to do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Okay, let me ask you a question. Was anyone really scammed by this?

You're right.
No one gets scammed unless thy allow themselves to get scammed.
We get lied to all the time by MSM and the politicians all the time every day - I don't see anyone running for their mommy.
So you all want to act like a bunch of babies and keep crying *wahhh*, go for it.

Me, I'm going to focus on the issue.

So AJ did a goose for gander thing.
He is creating news - and will spin it - just like MSM, but, for a better cause, IMO.

Personally I don’t care (within reason) what it takes to get people to listen.

If this is a way - as it seems it is - then so be it.

Plus, a little chicanery now - a bump in the road to get people back on the road to truth? It's all good.

Like it or not this is going to get people moving and talking and shook up.

His credibility?
All you have to do is watch a few of his videos and any question to his credibility will dissolve into non-issue.
He’s not stupid, he knows this.

Do I like what he did? Not the way he went about it, no.
Do I agree to pull out all the stops and do whatever it takes? Yes.

Quit whining unless you have any better ideas - and you’re willing to act on them.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Moral of the story:

Highest Paid actor in television risks his career for an Essay, that covers a Fantasy interview/ open letter to the President. Highest paid actor in television risks it all.

A lot of people, really do not understand the depths of that statement.

Alex Jones is one thing. We get him, we know what he's about. Fan or not, he is who he is. Charlie Sheen hasn't mentioned a word in 3 years. He's at the top of his TV game.

And now this..

Charlie Sheen is currently the top paid TV actor. That's saying a lot. This was his idea and he's risking it all, not for Alex Jones.

For the Truth, for an INVESTIGATION WITH SUBPOENA POWER. For something that Obama promised.

Again:

Steroids in Baseball: Had Congressional Subpoena Power.

9/11 Commission: DID NOT have Subpoena Power.

SEE THE PROBLEM??????

An investigation with no investigative power, akin to Helen Keller as a detective. Deaf, dumb, blind. A guard dog with no teeth... SEE WHAT"S WRONG? That's why this is important.

He used MSM tactics... Get over it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The FACT is that the truth will NEVER come out. For one the "American people" can not handle that kind of truth about their own government. Second the 9/11 Commission published their findings and the evil doers got away with it. Case closed, end of story, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

he used the very same tactic you bitch nd whine about

hypercritical to say the the least, only this time its ok because it was aex doing the scamming

gullible much?

i think so.. he lied to his OWN base for the greater of good

fine now go kiss his ass and get down to a tea party and pray mr sheen gets that 20 mins

when he does ill be right here waiting for you to say SORRY you was right AJ is full of #

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You cannot create truth by perpetrating lies.

Period.

In a movement that is already scrutinized, chastised and dismissed...the last thing one should ever do is give the mouth breathers out there a blatant lie to point to and say "see...the whole thing is a farce. Just look at the lie this guy tried to pass off".

If we ever are to get anywhere in the search for truth then there is no place whatsoever for dishonesty. It is like an anchor around the neck of progress.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The Thing that makes me angry is that the Charlie Sheen Letter has to be one of the greatest written things ever put together on this particular issue.

It has been pushed aside because of the way it was presented. It was presented as REAL, it was Hyped the day before, we were told the Mainstream Media would be all over this. We were told this was the biggest thing Alex ever covered.

Now the letter will be forgotten because of this fiasco. Most people are not happy with this, just looking at the comments here and on youtube and on Alex Jones site.

Playing that type of game when you represent yourself as a Person After Truth and having the slogan "The Truth Shall Set You free" on your site is ludicrous.

9/11 was/is/will be a Serious Issue and must be taken seriously because there are people out there who have not had justice, family members who have been lied to.

Enough of the lies.
Enough of the fantasy.
Enough of the games.
Enough of the rhetoric.

JUST

Give Me Some Truth !!!!!

John LENNON (and how these lyrics apply!)
www.youtube.com...

I’m sick and tired of hearing
Things
From uptight-short sighted-
Narrow minded hypocritics

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth

I’ve had enough of reading
Things
By nuerotic-pyschotic-
Pig headed politicians

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth

No short haired-yellow bellied
Son of tricky dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard
Soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
Money for dope
Money for rope

I’m sick to death of seeing
Things
From tight lipped-
Condescending -mommies little
Chauvinists

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth

I’ve had enough of watching
Scenes
Of schizophrenic - ego - centric
- paranoic - prima - donnas

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth

[edit on 9-9-2009 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

dude.. i was the soft bugger reading it TO THE END thinking omg! alex came thru, only to get to the end to see this

"WHAT YOU READ DID NOT HAPPEN YET"

i was gob smacked and felt used and lied to

no matter what alex's past THIS WAS A BAD MOVE..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You cannot create truth by perpetrating lies.

Period.

In a movement that is already scrutinized, chastised and dismissed...the last thing one should ever do is give the mouth breathers out there a blatant lie to point to and say "see...the whole thing is a farce. Just look at the lie this guy tried to pass off".

If we ever are to get anywhere in the search for truth then there is no place whatsoever for dishonesty. It is like an anchor around the neck of progress.

and how true is your sig

The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught" - H. L. Mencken

how sad

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So far it has now hit nearly 6000 blog sites.
That is a hell of a lot of people reading this letter
blogsearch.google.com.au...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
i think this was quite a clever move. alex jones and charlie sheen have been successful in gathering great interest so far in this stunt. the document has undeniable facts that question the official story. us conspiracy theorists are already knowledgeable in most things surrounding 9/11, we were expecting some new revelation or insider to come out and expose something, something new and shocking. but the aim is to wake further people up.. when i was presented with the facts that woke me up... by reading this document i am sure it would wake a lot of the people up who aren't already awake. he wants the media to 'take the bait' and try to put down and discredit the two, but the real issue are the facts in the letter which are fully backed up, the media wont be able to debunk those. the real objective is to get a second proper investigation into this, and this has great potential of reigniting the truth movement and hopefully taking us over the finish line

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I have to say "Fortiori" you and haven't always agreed on things but you hit this one right on the head! I am ashamed of those who at one time called them selves fans or supporters of Alex and the movement.

I was disappointed by his announcement as well but once he and CS explained it made cents. I'll be honest and admit that after reading the postings last night on a couple of threads here at ATS I had a huge feeling it would get this kind of responce. Even George Noory stated his disappointment in Alex this evening at the opening of his show but I belive even George was misinformed and didn't listen to Alex's broadcast and is judging him to harshly.

again you hit it on the head!

By the way I have never been a supporter of Jones but anybody can understand what he was and is trying to do!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

this guy is not stupid.

At one point during yesterday's show Alex struggled to figure out how to express 2/5ths as a percentage and then frustratingly blurted out "what is it 35%??" So... take that for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
sorry man,he just lied,i dont think charlie sheen will get an interview just for that.he just lied and make us look like fools

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by supyo

hehe i know but what i mean is that he is fully aware of how to play the games he brags about it enough so why not use the same tactic on his own members and followers?

Hi my names alex i have a wopper for you today!! its a story!!

er yeah it bloody was indeed a false flag and HE admitted it.. the crass little nanny ..

he did so on the backs of 3000 dead people i for one can not forgive him no matter how much publicity it gets IT WAS WRONG and used FALSE PRETENSE in order to GET that PUBLICITY

HES a total cretin

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I can absolutely see it. It was a strategic move to kick off a new movement. It was a gamble and depending upon the reception could have been a stroke of genius. I think he underestimated or maybe overestimated his listeners.

Does anyone remember the Blair Witch Project? Weeks before the project there was a "documentary" on the discovery channel or some documentary channel about "how" the tapes and camera were found and an expose on the Blair Witch. If you stayed through the credits you saw it was a mockumentary, if you didn't...you went to the movie and had the best suspension of disbelief possible--it made the movie more exciting.

What this mock letter was supposed to do was generate interest in reopening the case, allowed people to think: What if...?

It was a rally to re-energize people about a very important, significant event before it is lost to yet another potential (fake) crisis.

I thought it was a brilliant idea.

Unfortunately, based on what I read here, it didn't work.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Well, considering that the day before the fake "interview" came out, he said he would post a "clue" in the morning and then proceed with the real story during the show. If people had read that they would have realized it was only a clue. I saw it and immediately said: Fake.

No way Obama is meeting with Charlie Sheen.

I got it right away and I am not more intelligent than any of you. I'm just less angry maybe?

There was no immorality because he prefaced it the day before with the morning stuff being "clues" and at the bottom of the interview it said it was a potential "future" interview.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

I have to say "Fortiori" you and haven't always agreed on things but you hit this one right on the head! I am ashamed of those who at one time called them selves fans or supporters of Alex and the movement.

We haven't? *shakes head sadly*

I hope we can find more common ground in the future.

I'm just a little devil's advocate playing civil libertarian. Sometimes I give out my opinion, and sometimes I see momentum going in a dangerous way and throw out an opposing opinion to try and pull back on the reigns.

However, in this case...I support Jones. Yes, he's loud. Yes, he's obnoxious. However, the Bohemian Grove coup and the subsequent interviews...that won me over for daring and innovation.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

i was gob smacked and felt used and lied to

While I was a little annoyed, I saw what this thread poster saw, but do think it could have been carried out a little better. Imagine if that article had been picked up by the MSM, and the points within it had gone mainstream, today Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen would be being praised by the majority of people here, but the stunt didn't work. (I would have personally left the disclaimer off while today).

There is an Infowar going on, and while I object to being lied to or misled to try and keep me ignorant, stunts like this to try and wake people up are a little more welcomed.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You cannot create truth by perpetrating lies

Unless you are being ironic.

Two negatives can create a positive. They lied to create a "story" that we would all believe and plunge us into eternal war, debt, and societal collapse so that we have no choice but to form a New World Order. He was being ironic with creating a story of his own.

That's the point. Just because it is in print, just because someone famous is saying it...it doesn't make it true. Question everything.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

sorry

he lied to get attention..

HOAX

It's this kind of short sightedness that has this nation where it is today. By NOT taking action we find ourselves in the worse economic crisis in our short history.

What Alex has done is as the OP states. He wasn't doing this to present a HOAX. He was doing it to bring light to a subject that is truly important to those that have actually looked at the 'facts' that have been presented by the PTB and said to themselves "now that doesn't make sense."

He didn't LIE. Why? Because he said it was fictional afterwards. Sure, he hyped it up and so on but he didn't let it hang around for a week. He let it hang out there for a couple hours to insight a furor and to kick the bee hive. It worked.

I don't always agree with the way he goes about things but this is actually a brilliant move on his part. The faithful listeners won't bail on him like many predicted and there will actually be an influx of new ones. If he explains it properly that is.

For people to simply view this as a 'lie' and a 'hoax' is for them to display their ignorance of the position and fight he finds himself in (Alex and the many hundreds of thousands of people seeking truth).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join