It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Bray Road/Michigan Dog Man

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, the silence is deafening. Do you all agree or disagree. I say it's a Gorilla. The massive wide shoulders were the key. Couldn't find a photo of a grizzly that matched those shoulders. Look at the photos of my previous post.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh and i need to add, i am aware the photo i posted is a black bear not a grizzly

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I disagree if you look closely you CAN see the tail. Also size and dimensions are just speculations, no one is a expert here and the size coudl easily match that of a large chow.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have looked closely. I see no tail. A chow tail sticks up all the time. At what point or time in the tape do you see a tail? The thing in the tape that is most easily seen is the arms and shoulders and a chow or grizzly doesn't match it. A Gorilla is the only thing I've seen that does match it. If you can find something else that does, post it. Did you see all the photos in the links i posted? You don't think they match it more than a chow?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

16 & 17 & 34 seconds into it, clear as day at least to me.

here i even spend the time demonstrating what i am seeing by placing the picture of the "DOGman" next to photos of chows

not sure what any of this has to do with the supposed bray road best which stood on 2 feet and not four

"Whatever it is, it runs like a man, and is it fast!" says Karen Bowey. "
www.unsolvedmysteries.com...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't see a tail, it's the rump or leg coming up because it's running. What you keep failing to notice is the massively thick arms and shoulders of the G. beast. You can't even see any of a Chows shoulder. That means it's a completely different animal. Not even close. Totaly different structure. Can't you see that. Two giant Deltoid muscles on the side of G. beast's head. You don't see that on any dog or bear, only a Gorilla. G. beast is not the Dogman. If the Dogman really exists, it's probably a Shasta Ground Sloth.

Drawing of a Shasta Ground Sloth
www.tarpits.org...

Here's a footprint of a Shasta Ground Sloth
www.examiner.com...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Looks crazy. I hope it's real. I live near Michigan. If this thing exists, I will hunt it down and kill it.......for the good of all mankind of coarse. The Dogman has never felt the rath of The WolfmanJ.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I agree with Sargoth. It looks like a gorilla to me. The question is....what is a gorilla doing running wild in Michigan?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Obviously it's an escaped zoo or privately owned animal or it could be the offspring of animals that escaped yrs. ago.

Here's photos of Grizzly Bears. Notice the absence of giant deltoids like the Gable beast displays.
www.fotosearch.com...

More Gorilla photos that do display giant Deltoids and arms and all the features of the Gable beast.
images.google.com...

hl=en&um=1&q=silverback+gorilla+photos&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=20
good-times.webshots.com...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Honestly, you need to watch the cleaned up video that I posted on the first page of this thread. You will then see that it does not look like a chow, nor does it even charge like a dog. The blurry worthless video the you posted is just that. Watch the clean version!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I don't think that It's a gorilla. The ears on it stick out to much to be a gorilla. Also from what I can tell of the coat in the clean video that it is made for survival in the cold. Gorilla's are not made for cold weather. This is not a dog, or a gorilla. The teeth also are not that of a gorilla. If the second part of this story, video, is true and is in fact that victim from the first video then it's definately not a gorilla, because a gorilla would not tear it's victim apart, it would just beat the person to death.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The ears appear to stick out a bit for a frame or two and then disappear so it's probably the poor resolution (pixilating) of the camera, the guy was probably so nervous and rushed that he didn't set the camera up correctly. Gorillas often have a lot of fat around their heads and neck. It makes their heads look huge. Especially the big fat silverbacks. They are very hairy for an animal from a hot climate. From what I've seen, it can only be a Gorilla. If there is another animal with the huge Deltoids and same shoulder structure then post a photo of it. As far as i know, only primates have arms that attach on the SIDE of the body giving it width and prominence. Bears, dogs etc all have arms that attach on the FRONT of the body. Gorillas do have huge canine teeth. We don't even know if that portion of the tape is real or fake. So at this point I'm 99.99% sure it's a Gorilla. The other one you saw is most likely a primate. So more than 1 escaped.
Do you remember a while back some guy was attacked by a chimp and almost killed. It tore his face off, his foot off and other body parts. So primates can be viscous. I don't think gorillas know how to punch, so IMO they would do what most other animals do when they attack, they bite, like the chimps did. We don't know if the photo of the woman torn in half is real or if the same animal did it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It just looked like a bear to me.
But the demon dog stories remind me of something. Freaaak out time

In 1976 in NYC there was a guy called the '.44 killer' who went on a murder spree with a .44 bulldog revolver. Anyway his claim for what put him up to it:

During questioning, Berkowitz said that the "Sam" mentioned in the first letter was Sam Carr, his former neighbor. Berkowitz claimed that Carr's labrador retriever dog, Harvey, was possessed by an ancient demon, and that it issued irresistible commands that Berkowitz must kill people. Berkowitz said he once tried to kill the dog, but was unsuccessful due to supernatural interference

Now it just sounds insane at face value. But I read this old Arab scholars papers on demons and he mentioned that black dogs were demon possessed or something. And a disciple said what about brown, red, etc dogs? And he said just black. Cant remember his name though.
Thats why the dog walking on two legs creeps me the hell out. And also that is grinned at the guy. That and I had a dream about deer walking on two legs, deer creep me out.

I remember reading something too of the 'perfect' warrior, being part bear and part wolf. But of course it is metaphor not real. The berserkr rites held picking either the wolf or bear, wolf agility cunning wisdom and bear raw strength power. But something that had the speed wisdom of a wolf and strength of a bear was supposed to be perfection.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I just watched the CLEAN version again. I guess we're at a professional disagreement and that's O.K. There is no way that it's a gorilla. I can see the ears bouncing as it charges forward. The ears of the creature are set close to the top of the head. Now I know that gorilla's can get hairy. But this thing has an exceptional amount of fur. I recently observed a Silver Back gorilla at the New Orleans Zoo. My wife even took pictures. It was massive, but didn't move anything like the creature in the video. The gorilla's arms were long and huge. Personally I don't think that the creature in the video is big enough to be a gorilla. The one I saw at the zoo seemed bigger than the creature in the video. I know that primates can tear limbs off of humans but the victim in the video was torn in half. Hardly the work of a primate who is biting at your face, hands, and feet. No, not a gorilla, I don't know what it is but it's not a primate.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Don't you think these photos look like the G. beast? Again I say we don't know if that photo of the woman is real or fake, and if it is real, how do you know the same animal did it? What looks like ears could be the fat and hair that is on the top and back of their head. If it isn't a Gorilla, then it has to be a Bear. But 99.99% it's a Gorilla. For me a Gorilla would be a lot scarier than a Bear. They are smarter, more agile, and unpredictable.

good-times.webshots.com...
williamcalvin.com...
img2.allposters.com...
www.solarnavigator.net...
media.photobucket.com...
www.blogcdn.com...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I don't believe that it does. I can tell from the video that it's not a gorilla. Notice the ears set on top of the head. Notice that they bounce when the creature charges forward. I really appreciate your input but I strongly disagree with you. This creature has thick fur all over it's body. The pictures of the gorilla show that it has some fur on it's forearms, and legs. Also some on the top of it's head. The back of the gorilla is very smooth with a thin layer of hair. The creature in the video has thick fur all over it's body.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Here's my thinking... and I just watched this footage about 15 times.

I think that the head proportions are wrong for a bear, and that the shoulders are too broad for a bear. It's weird how the footage cuts right to the animal.

It looks like a gorilla but doesn't really move like one.

At one point when it's running I'm 90% sure I see a tail. Right before the camera starts to move at the end. So I don't think it's a bear or a gorilla, because of that. It looks like a medium length tail.

If it's a dog, the body mass is huge. If it's a bear, it's a shaggy bear and I'm wrong about the tail.

I don't think it was a gorilla or bear, because those are easily recognizable and I think the cameraman would have bolted. I think that he didn't know what it was. If it was a bear, we would have noticed the muzzle. It looks too longhaired to be a bear.

I don't think it was a ground sloth, because I don't believe a ground sloth would move in that fashion and the physical match is a stretch.

At first I thought gorilla until I noticed the ears and tail. Because of the movement. And also, if it was a gorilla, it would lack fur on it's face. I don't think this one did. A gorilla probably would have also gone bipedal in an attempt to look larger and scare off the guy with the camera.

I think that a problem here is scaling, as well. It's hard to tell the size. If the scaling was more accurate, I'd be more apt to lean towards a bulky dog like a chow.

The way the dog acts makes me think that it's another dog.

It runs -sideways-. I think that's a very canine trait. It seems to run on a slant at one point.

I think it's strange that whatever it was, if it attacked, did not show when the camera kept recording. That makes me think that the person ran? Which is a reasonable reaction no matter what it is.

But I know I saw ears. And I think I saw a muzzle that was pretty angular. And definitely not a different color from the fur (as would be for a bear).

I'd go along the lines of Bouvier des Flandres (www.dogbreedinfo.com...) or a Newfoundland (www.puppypoopy.com...). Or even a mixed breed. I thought Old English Sheepdog variation at first. Granted, I can't see a tongue hanging out or anything. But I saw dog-like ears, maybe a dog-like tail, a dog-like gait, and maybe a dog-like muzzle.

But all in all, legends of the Beast of Bray Road have always seemed reminiscent of werewolf legends or something part human. Like some have mentioned, I just don't see that here.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Skyeyes, look at the last link of my last post. That Gorilla has an extremely long shaggy coat. Gorillas seem to have a wide variation when it comes to hair length, size etc. What appears to be ears may only be hair. In the video the ears seem to be there one moment gone the next. For me dogs are totally out, no way case closed. No Dog has the wide shoulder structure or width overall nor does any bear because their arms attach on the underside of their body. The wide shoulder structure and massive arms of the G. beast are 100% Gorilla and for me what rules out any thing else. I don't think there is a tail, it's the rump cause that's when it starts running. The thing does move like a bear but I haven't seen much film of Gorillas running. So for me it's a shaggy haired Gorilla. Unless the Gov. cooked up a hybrid in a lab.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I've been trying to figure this one out since I saw it a couple of years ago on YouTube. I highly doubt that it's a bear in the film. The mouth and teeth do not match a bear if you look at the shots through a video editing program. I guess it could possibly be a chow dog though, but I'm not entirely convinced of that. Also definitely not a human in a suit. Unless this suit had some type of animatronics with the mouth. Looks far too real. I honestly believe this may be a type of great ape. Here are the screenshots of it. I don't think they've been posted, if so, I apologize.

For some reason it's cutting a portion of the screenshots off so if you want to see the last 1/5th or so of it, I have them uploaded in my photo section on the site here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a78cd77c2333.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48b5f298b5f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d64bc3635069.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f10753a330ac.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e400a5169bbb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a58bf8283065.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Minotauro]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Minotauro

Gorilla Teeth: cache.gizmodo.com...

Dog Teeth: www.pawdigs.com...

But there's the possibility that it's an immature form of the species, so the teeth may look different. You're right about the teeth looking more ape-like.

But I still ... the ears. And if it was a great ape, why didn't it posture at all? It didn't even run up to the camera with it's mouth open, which is a common trait. And it kept on all fours.

www.youtube.com...

Look how it gets bipedal. There was none of that.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join