It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Bray Road/Michigan Dog Man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well the thing in the Gable film is not a sloth. Sloth's move very slow. I don't know what it is. Anyone got an idea, post it, so we can all debate.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OK, checked out the lousy film. to bad people can't operate a cam without shake. Ya can't focus your eyes to see it.
finally near the end ya see this...furry thing..... coming in cam's direction.
DUH!!!! you did not bring a gun with you, huh?? Now your dead.
Anytime I'm in a strange area, I'm packing something and at 61 I return home so far every time......so far......

Read between the lines on that one.

5th amendment....thank you

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

I agree with ya, seems strange that the cops never found any remains, or never recovered an abondoned vehicle found in the woods. But then again I don't know the whole story. I think that the only ones who can give us any insight is the people that live in the area where this thing is supposed to dwell. Interesting film, but keeping a "wary eye". I'm with ya on the gun thing too.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

It's funny that this is coming up again just now. I actually logged in to see what everyone was saying about the NEW, possibly related film.

Warning! The new film is very graphic. Even if it is fake ... it's still not for the faint of heart.

The new story can be found here

And here is the latest video:

Whatever it is ... fake or not ... it still gives me the shivers.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLurker

Hey thanks, I just saw the new replies on the old thread that was started back in 2007 (I think). Man, this new film is so close to the orginal. The victim in the second film is dressed slightly different that the guy in the first. It appears that the shirts don't match. Unless he may have been wearing two shirts that day-(possible). From watching the first film, I can tell there's at least two people out there as one person is working under the hood of the truck and one is filming. Also as the truck is driving down the road, it appears that the filming is coming from the passenger side of the truck. If the second film is real, then I would say that the victim was not attacked by a bear. I'm no bear attack expert, but I have seen bear attack photo's where the victim has been killed. The scene in the second where the victim is located is too clean. That fact leaves me just a little suspicious. However based upon the first film, it's clear that it's not a bear. Very Stange.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't really post much anymore but there are subjects that I will revisit like this one because I am very intrigued by it. Did an olive baboon escape from the a zoo in Michigan? From the video, the animal looks absolutely massive, but i guess its kindof hard to tell with no perspective.

I can only think of an Animal with rabies, or maybe an animal that was abused that could be so amazingly aggressive. I mean, no warning or anything.. just a full on sprint to kill.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Gable film looks and moves like a gorilla or possibly a bear but if it isn't then it could be a Shasta Ground Sloth, but my first guess would be a gorilla. Just because 1 species of tree sloth is slow doesn't mean every species of ground sloth is slow. Name any other species that fits the description perfectly and walks on 2 feet. I kind of doubt that the Gable beast is the Dogman, I didn't see a tail and I couldn't make out what the head looked like.

www.tarpits.org...
www.examiner.com...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It doesnt move like a bear AT ALL, or a gorilla, baboons usually have narrow shoulders, all of these theories are discussed in the 2007 forum about the beast of bray road and i dont think they came to a conclusion then either, and i dont think sloths have teeth like the ones at the end of the video (unless that part is faked). If it isnt a known animal then logically it is either a guy in a suit or something entirely new.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes

The victim in the second film is dressed slightly different that the guy in the first. It appears that the shirts don't match.

Hey Skyeyes! Here's what I see:

The first original Gable film is obviously in two, maybe three, very separate pieces. The first shows people riding snowmobiles. There is lots of snow on the ground, flannel shirts, long sleeves, yellow, dead landscape.

Then a quick shot of a guy chopping wood. No snow. Still looks cold.

Then there is another quick change to the guy under the hood of the truck. No sleeves. No snow. It still shows rather yellow and dead landscape but looking much warmer.

So the first film is obviously two or three different days of activity. So yeah, he probably changed clothes between the first snowy day and the last one.

I think the shirt he is wearing while under the hood of the truck matches the shirt on the alleged body. It appears to be a sleevless, red-plaid shirt in both films. (kinda hard to really tell in the first. It would then also supposedly be the shirt he was wearing when attacked by the … whatever-it-is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7abf41c2e562.jpg[/atsimg]

My biggest problem with the two "maybe - supposedly" related films is in the second film there is obviously very lush green vegetation along the road while in the first there is none. There are also spots of green ground vegetation throughout the showing of the body, camera and whatever.

So how long did this alleged body lay there? It sure looks really fresh.

I'm not convinced one way or the other on the whole story. It's taken a very long time for this new video to come forward. Is it to sell DVD’s? Maybe. Or does it show an actual cryptid? Maybe. I personally would need a lot more evidence to believe. Although I do find it all very interesting and the whatever-it-is still freaks me out every time I watch it!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else. But I want to go to Michigan and spend a month looking for this thing. The 8mm film clip looks pointlessly fake. The one thing that bugs me is that the Dogman starts crawling through the snow using his forearms, not his hands like a dog or wolf would. Looked more like what a hunter or soldier would use advancing on prey.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The reason I think it looked like a Gorilla or Bear is the arms and legs looked about the same length and were thick and massive. The body was thick and wide like a Gorilla or Bear as well. It wasn't built thin like a canine and didn't stand on 2 feet. So I don't think it was the dogman, which I think is a Shasta Ground Sloth or a relative of it. The Gable film beast was built more like the Harlans Ground Sloth, although I couldn't see a tail.

www.tarpits.org...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yhea, I see what you mean. The begining of the second video show's green grass along the road. The body looks like a fresh kill. It appears to me that no other animals have tried to scavenge the body. It's kind of weird. I would think that if a body was out there for a long while other predator's like wolves, foxes, bobcats, maybe even ferral dog's and cat's might scavenge off of it. Doesn't look like that's the case there. But then again if it's a kill that belongs to another type of cryptid, maybe the other predator's stay away because of scent or something like that. Kind of like the cattle mutilation's. You know, no wild predator's feeding on the carcass.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

You're right Sargoth,
It seems to have the bulk of a gorilla, but the head is not that of a gorilla, the ears reallly stand out. Strangest damn thing that I've ever seen. It's fast as hell, what ever it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Hey look if you go, take some protectin with ya, like a firearm. Ya know, I'm sure you'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Don't think anything will happen, but no one can be sure that this is a hoax. No one has come forward claiming responsibility for it. Just use caution, stay aware of what is around you.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes
Hey Guy's and Gal's,
Don't know if anyone has put this supposedly old video on ATS before but.....It's supposedly video footage of the Michigan Dog Man. Looks like it may have been shot in the seventies?
Anyways, I guess that it's supposed to be a creature similar to the Beast of Bray Rd. Watch the vid and post your thoughts. I watched the Shawn Hannity clip on the BBR and they mentioned this clip during that show. He stated that this one was never proved a hoax or genuine. Kinda looks like a guy in a hairy suit to me, but I'm no professional when it comes to Cryptozoology. Only difference is that this thing apparently runs on all fours while the BBR, according to witnesses runs/walks on it's hind legs.
www.michigan-dogman.com...

I'm going to be honest and say it was genuine.......They were not out trying to hoax they were just doing outdoors stuff....People do that all the time in Michigan....

The way that thing charges at them.....you can see the right ( our left ) hind left push off in a way that doesn't seem humanly possible....because of the thrust it creates in propelling it forward..

What also got me is that it seems like the guy see it and starts running away once it charges and then it scatters for a few but then you see a real quick clip of like the Teeth or mouth of a beast and then the camera falls....

How do you recreate a fake of that in 1970 or whenever this was made?

I say genuine .......i can be 100% but i'm leaning closer to real than fake...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
It does look like a man in a hairy suit to me as well, which makes me think hoax. Not that I don't believe that the Beast of Bray Road doesn't exist. Just that sometimes to prove something exists, man will sometimes fake things to get his viewpoint across.

that is poor analysis of the video....What else about it made you think hoax....?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I have to agree with ya, after watching it, what seemed like a hundred times, I realized that this is no man. What ever it is it's extremely muscular, hairy, and fast. I agree with the foot thing too. It seems that the foot that you can see in the video moving is quite large. Damn, I wish there was more to this than what we have. Hopefully, someone will come in here who has some more information.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
O.K. all,
Watch the video again, and watch from about 2.35 to 2.45. I don't know if anyone else has seen this before, but if you watch closely there is sometype of animal running along side of the truck while it is moving. The animal is out in the woods but is running in the same direction as the truck. I appears to be some type of primate. Giving credit to baboon theory. It's too far off to make out but, It's is definately running like some type of primate. Don't know if it's one is the same, but I find it strange that the guy's who cleaned up the film and slowed it down didn't cut and edit, and slow this part down.....WTF! Let me know what you think.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
After watching the Gable film again, I don't think it's a Gorilla. I'm thinking Bear. An extremely agile one too. I noticed that the film at the beginning of this thread has something the ones on Youtube don't. Just after the teeth, for a split second it shows the eyes. But I can't get it to freeze on it. There are no frames with eyes on the youtube versions I've seen. The teeth look like a Bear's.
There's a movie called Creepshow that has a story about a crate under the stairs that's been there for decades. Inside the box was a creature that sort of reminds me of the Gable beast. Adrienne Barbeau was in it.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Hey Sargoth,
Did you watch the part I wrote about above? If you did let me know what you think, If you didn't watch that part, and let me know what you think. Puts a new spin on the film.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join