It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500+ Metric Tons of Purified “Yellow Cake” Uranium Removed From Hussein’s Storehouses in Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Mostly old Soviet era MiG-25s and Su-25 ground attack jets they found them buried at Taqqadum air field west of Baghdad. The best ones were a few MiG-29 Fulcrums but once again from before the fall of the Soviet Union.

But the fact remains they were hidden and burried, also that they had equipment on them that was banned by UN sanctions.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Can we get a HOAX tag on this one?

Seriously, I've seen the HOAX tag on more believable b**sh**.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
What are we picking apart random carbon based materials now for your republican rich boy excuses for a war based on ignorance of the American people? Would it surprise you to know the "yellow cake" you mention is merly a concentrated by product of modern Oil refinement. Will you ignore the fact the U.N. has nothing to say about it!

Also I find it very, very amusing it can be discovered right before our elections and you just play into it as if you were controlled by the same puppet master who pulls the "supposed" Pres. elect?

I laugh in your face as I recognize the same misinformation fed to us at the beggining of this same stupid war. I suggest if you are Republican, and I know you are, you would heed the warnings displayed by Ron Paul (the only decent Republican to run for office in as many years) when he said "we have 700+ bases in 150+ foreign countries isn't it time we set aside our quest for world domination and concentrated on domestic issues"

You are single handedly supporting elitist and the top 10% of our population. I bet you also agree our country's economy is perfectly sound, as this is also what they want you to believe. Grasping much; spreading ignorance more!! I, with the help of other true ATS ignorance slayers, will meet you at every corner you turn, and deny entry into the heart of this great nation. Your hero Bush has put this country closer to a revolution than ever in American history, so sit back pull up a chair and watch true patriotism in action as we change this country or overrun it! Somebody has to end the military occupation of our country since the civil war, it might be me, but I doubt you will ever touch patriotism. You continue your flag sucking, patriotic orgy while our true patriots continue to deny your ingnorance!!!!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by azblack]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I got yellow cake right now; it's got chocolate icing and a big middle finger right in the middle of it for those like you who wish to hold me down even further while insisting I spend the rest of my life in debt!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Excuse me if this has already been asked, but what does this have to do with 9/11?

As for Saddam's "WMDs:"

Published on Sunday, September 8, 2002 by the Sunday Herald (Scotland)

How Did Iraq Get Its Weapons? We Sold Them
by Neil Mackay and Felicity Arbuthnot

THE US and Britain sold Saddam Hussein the technology and materials Iraq needed to develop nuclear, chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction.

Reports by the US Senate's committee on banking, housing and urban affairs -- which oversees American exports policy -- reveal that the US, under the successive administrations of Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr, sold materials including anthrax, VX nerve gas, West Nile fever germs and botulism to Iraq right up until March 1992, as well as germs similar to tuberculosis and pneumonia. Other bacteria sold included brucella melitensis, which damages major organs, and clostridium perfringens, which causes gas gangrene.

The reports show, for example, that on May 2, 1986, two batches of bacillus anthracis -- the micro-organism that causes anthrax -- were shipped to the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education, along with two batches of the bacterium clostridium botulinum, the agent that causes deadly botulism poisoning.

One batch each of salmonella and E coli were shipped to the Iraqi State Company for Drug Industries on August 31, 1987. Other shipments went from the US to the Iraq Atomic Energy Commission on July 11, 1988; the Department of Biology at the University of Basrah in November 1989; the Department of Microbiology at Baghdad University in June 1985; the Ministry of Health in April 1985 and Officers' City, a military complex in Baghdad, in March and April 1986.

The shipments to Iraq went on even after Saddam Hussein ordered the gassing of the Kurdish town of Halabja, in which at least 5000 men, women and children died. The atrocity, which shocked the world, took place in March 1988, but a month later the components and materials of weapons of mass destruction were continuing to arrive in Baghdad from the US.

The Senate report also makes clear that: 'The United States provided the government of Iraq with 'dual use' licensed materials which assisted in the development of Iraqi chemical, biological and missile-system programs.'

This assistance, according to the report, included 'chemical warfare-agent precursors, chemical warfare-agent production facility plans and technical drawings, chemical warfare filling equipment, biological warfare-related materials, missile fabrication equipment and missile system guidance equipment'.

Donald Riegle, then chairman of the committee, said: 'UN inspectors had identified many United States manufactured items that had been exported from the United States to Iraq under licenses issued by the Department of Commerce, and [established] that these items were used to further Iraq's chemical and nuclear weapons development and its missile delivery system development programs.'

Riegle added that, between January 1985 and August 1990, the 'executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record'.

www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 1-8-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
[sarcasim]

Ohh... And EvIl Republican Right-winger posted this...

Ohh.. this must be bougus... cause its from an evil right winger...

ohh....

[/sarcasm]

The atitude of some of the members here is mind-blowing...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, this story is bogus, as a Super Mod and several others pointed out on page 1.

And while Republicans aren't evil (especially Ron Paul supporters), anyone who's still defending the criminal BushCo neocon cabal is either evil, brainwashed or very naive.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by Extraterrestrial Agenda
Suck on this you "Its all about the OIL" Lovers

550 metric tons of yellow cake uranium was removed from Iraq over the last few months in a clandestine operation by US and Canadian forces. The highly purified uranium was guarded by US and Iraqi forces until a means to stabilize and remove the substance was formulated. While the yellowcake itself must be further purified for use in a nuclear weapon, it is clear that the uranium was not in Iraq for peaceful purposes.

Source

First off folks, they DID find yellow cake. However, the OP needs to change the title of this thread because it was NOT PURIFIED. It was degraded yellow cake that was VERY OLD. The source is bunk and the title of this thread is bunk. This has already been discussed on this board.

So suck on what? The fact that NO WMDs HAVE YET TO BE FOUND? Okay. I'll suck on that.

Suck on the fact that i beat you to it....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
I think alot of people owe the OP an appology, he posted it and it was a true story for all those who flew off the handle with cranky remarks such as "if it was true it would be all over fox news". Seems to me we have a batch of haters out there. Step up and appologize.

They are not haters they are just people like you and me that have opinions. You cant blame them they are what they are.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Extraterrestrial Agenda]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by alienj

I think alot of people owe the OP an appology, he posted it and it was a true story

Other way around, the OP owes us all an apology for starting a debate here that was predicated on bull.

Note his careful choice of wording: Purified "Yellow Cake".

That's just false advertising. This stuff would be about as useful to Saddam as a white elephant.
It was industrial grade stuff that the US and the Inspectors were well aware of.

Thus, it is hardly news nor a valid justification for the Iraq War.

Case closed.

Hummm bull how many news sources have been pointed out CNN, Washingtion Post etc.... yes Bull it is.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
reply to post by Extraterrestrial Agenda

BS

if there was # found in Iraq ..i bet my life it was planted

c'mon now..

Another "Because of the OIL" lover

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Obviously this story is FAKE. If it were true, it would be all over mainstream news because the current administration would love to have it be true so they could justify their war to a public and save what's left of their administrations credibility and possibly prop back up the neocon agenda.

It makes absolutely no sense to hide this info or any other proof of WMD's in Iraq so once again FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE.

I guess CNN and the Washington Post thought it was fake enough to write about it... YAWN

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Your right, when i was there i thought finally they will show this on the news and there will be proof! But when they did'nt i knew something was up? After that i said *snip* it i am out.

don't worry, 50 years from now when we are dead they will tell.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The way I see it, they said there were WMD's there (which, i understand could more than likely been moved to Syria,) but they missed. They had no clue where they were, what they were, or where they went (if they even were there to begin with). My point is that after all this time, even if they did find something, it wouldn't change my mind about them one bit because its far too late for something like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Lol... the OP obviously cant take it on the chin. Quite clearly no WMDs but still ranting on like hes made some fantastic discovery. Please engage your brain before typing, its people like you that give the States a bad name.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Why are some people in here mental, it is in the end total justification for the belief that saddam was out to build serious wmds... what did he have the stuff for childrens birthday parties? "look achmed it is yellow cake!"

Oh christ...
Do the words circumstantial evidence mean anything to you?

Let's say I accuse you of trying to set my house on fire. Now I have no incriminating evidence to back this up apart from a Gas Can I found in your house and a box of matches.

You think a judge would let that fly in a court?
Who the fudge wouldn't have a box of matches or a gas can in their house? It's a painfully common occurrence.

It's not evidence that your an arsonist, the same way simply having Yellowcake does not mean your going to start building Nukes.

Yellowcake does not equal = Nuclear Weapon.
You need to distinguish the two.

That is such a limp-wristed arguement to justify actually invading another nation.
If every country in the world in possession of yellowcake was invaded, most of the developed world wouldn't exist.

A guy like saddam having 550 TONS of Yellow Cake in 1992, is absolute verification of the ability of small regimes and even terrorist organizations to aquire Nukes...

Then tell me why did the Inspectors seal it back up and just leave it?

Why didn't they confiscate this dangerous material which Saddam could apparently pack into warheads.
(Which btw would be about as effective as dipping a missile in camel droppings).
It's because it was harmless and they knew it.

He couldn't even attempt to enrich it because it Iraq's only research facility (Osiraq) was blown apart by the Israelis.

If this stuff was in the least bit incriminating or hazardous Bush would have made sure the media jumped all over this and used it as an excuse for the Iraq War.

But he didn't, because he didn't want to be laughed at. That's the last thing he needs when the other justifications for the war were about as a solid as play dough.

reply to post by sos37

did they find any with knowledge of the movement and burial of warplanes, like the afore mentioned MIG? Because that one was confirmed.

Why is this of critical importance? The buried MiGs again?

Would you mind explaining how MiGs=WMD's? So they buried 4 or 5 planes.
So what? When the US forces found them, they were almost worthless.

Did he bury his whole WMD program too, is that what your suggesting?

Yeah a reactor beneath 20 metres of Iraqi sand for 10 years or so, I'd like to see how useful that's going to be when you dig it up.

reply to post by Atlantican

Saddam did have uranium ready for a reactor. Big deal. However after operating a reactor for a few years there would be enough plutonium to build a viable nuke program.

Yeah and that's really quite useful when your reactor was blown up by Israel.

He wouldn't have had any weapons-grade plutonium because he no way of enriching it.

Let's be clear:

This story is not "Fake" in the least because at one point Saddam was actually in possession of tons of Yellowcake.

However, this story is not the least bit a valid justification for the Iraq War, because that Yellowcake was useless to him.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't believe this war was about WMD's ever. Neither is it purely for oil. Oil was a distraction within a distraction.

The real reason is to keep the imbalance of fear continuing and escalating in the Middle East to keep the PORTALS in the Mesopotamia area open to negative influence.

Why has there been fighting in that area for so long? Because it keeps the negative influences that have controlled our Earth for so long energized.

Look at the really big picture. It's all there!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
there is more evidence that extraterrestrials exist outside of this solar system than there ever was about saddam having WMD.

In fact, just before he died, he admitted he didn't have it, and was only trying to keep Iran in check.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
All of you guys who are criticizing the source of this report are the same people who blindly believe whatever comes out of wacky, left-wing sites with zero credibility. And to top it all off, some of you are asking where the reporting from the mainstream media is! Are you kidding me? You are the same guys who claim that the MSM cannot be trusted. You are the same guys who cite or believe stories that are not reported in the MSM.

I'm being completely honest here, guys. I do not know if this story is true or not. For the time being, I need more information and sources. And this is coming from someone who supported the invasion and continues to support our efforts in Iraq. I do not mind all of the posts on this site that are anti-Bush, anti-war, etc., etc. But what does bother me is when people are hypocrites and have double standards. You can't use non-credible news sources to support your personal agendas, while at the same time criticizing what you feel are non-credible news sources that report stories conflicting with your agenda.

This is becoming an all-too-common problem on ATS. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and God bless this country for that. But if you're going to take part in an internet community whose purpose, in part, is to "deny ignorance", then you need to apply that motto to everything you do.

You guys have every right to question this story and question this source. But you also have an obligation to do the same when it comes to stories that conflict with your personal beliefs. There are so many wannabe journalists and commentators on this site who do nothing but start threads with articles supporting left wing causes. To a much, much lesser extent, there are a few characters cut from the same cloth who post nothing but threads with articles supporting conservative, or right wing, causes. These individuals would have a lot more credibility, and their posts would carry a lot more weight, if they put even an ounce of effort into reporting the good, the bad and the ugly. If you're going to post an article about an event in Iraq that reflects poorly on our military and/or the Bush administration, then you should also post articles that report something good happening in Iraq, if and when you come across them. Some of you guys have no idea how pathetic you look when you mock media sources like Fox News for having a conservative slant, or The NY Times for having a liberal slant, all while creating threads that are slanted themselves.

The point I'm trying to make here is that a lot of members need to take their blinders off. Those who oppose the war should not be disappointed when there are successes, or roll their eyes when they come across a positive article or thread about the war. And those who support the war should not do the same when reading opposing views. Of course, the same goes when it comes to creating threads. There are certain individuals on this site, who will remain nameless, that do absolutely nothing except create threads that shed a negative light on our government, our president, and our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Literally, that is all that they do here. They have no interest in being open-minded or engaging in intelligent, rationale debate.

This site is not intended for people to come on here and campaign for their causes. Yet, I'm seeing that kind of behavior every single day on here. We are supposed to discuss important issues here pertaining to countless topics and areas, especially those that involve alleged conspiracies. But, when, for instance, an anti-war member comes on here and does absolutely nothing but create threads with every single article they come across that reports bad things about the war, I think they are undermining the very spirit of this site.

Like I said, this goes both ways and happens on both sides of the issues. But I don't think I would be denying ignorance if I didn't recognize that it is far more prevalent among those on the left. And I guess that is to be expected as those who fall into that particular group of individuals vastly outnumber members who consider themselves to be more towards the right. I've made similar rants on here in the past, and to those who have had to suffer through them, I apologize. But you must know that the improvement and success of this site is my sole motivation. I don't want prospective members visiting this site and getting the impression that it is nothing more than a message board for Bush-bashers. And on a related note, I think that the membership here could do a lot more to be more tolerant and kind towards conservatives and those on the right. We all have different views, but we are all united in so many more ways. We need to recognize that we will never agree on everything. But it should not be a war rather than a discussion. We cannot criticize our leaders for being overly partisan when we are just as bad, and in many cases worse, than those in office.

And on that note, I will end this rant with the words of the legendary Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join