It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500+ Metric Tons of Purified “Yellow Cake” Uranium Removed From Hussein’s Storehouses in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extraterrestrial Agenda
Source

Nice unbiased source there. Rightpundits.com.

Yellowcake is used in the preparation of fuel for nuclear reactors, where it is processed into purified UO2 for use in fuel rods for PHWR and other systems using unenriched uranium. It may also be enriched, by being converted to uranium hexafluoride gas (UF6), by isotope separation through gaseous diffusion or in a gas centrifuge to produce enriched uranium suitable for use in weapons and reactors.

Yellowcake is produced by all countries in which uranium is mined.

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice that yellowcake is used as a source of fuel and not as a weapon? Until you can prove that Saddam had the means to enrich this substance, then all you right wing pundits are pulling it out your ass. Like usual.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Also notice from this article back in May 2003 it states that the UN had this stuff under seal since 1991. Exact quote from article "Mr. ElBaradei first wrote to the US Government on 10 April bringing its attention to the need to secure nuclear material stored at Tuwaitha that had been under IAEA seal since 1991."

So nuclear material that was under seal for 11 years was justification to go to war?

Link to article: www.un.org...

(The link is set to automatically print, just hit cancel. Sorry, I couldn't find a link to the article without this feature)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NIcon
So nuclear material that was under seal for 11 years was justification to go to war?

We know there were WMD's because had used them on his neighbors and own people.

Also the fact of the hidden and burried planes.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Any real evidence from real sources (other then media)?

What the Washington Post and NYTimes are too "liberally" biased for you?
These are statements from the Iraq Survey Group & Inspectors themselves.

Here's one from Financial Times:

But Pentagon officials dismissed the allegations, which were also denied by the Russians.

Mr Duelfer said: “Based on the evidence available at present, ISG judged that it was unlikely that an official transfer of WMD material from Iraq to Syria took place.”

www.ft.com...

Here's another from CBSNews: www.cbsnews.com...

I know you missed all the information and photos of the hidden and burried MIG aircraft.

Do you now? Forgive me if I doubt your ability to read MY MIND...

I didn't "miss" that. It's purely irrelevant here.

Were talking about WMD's.
Rusty old MiG's do not constitute WMD's.

And you were talking about smuggling them out of Syria, not burying them.

So where's the connection exactly?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Originally posted by NIcon

Also the fact of the hidden and burried planes.

Wait a minute, those chemical weapons he used on his neighbors and his own people were sent to him from the United States by our own government, to the financial benefit of a US company who's employees had included Donald Rumsfeld at the time. Also, while there were buried planes, have you ever seen a Mig takeoff from under 6 feet of sand?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
well from Yellow Cake to Nuke Weapon ...

yellow cake is a purified form of natural uranium.
you still need to process and further purify to get to fissible material.

plus, I see only one container with a solider with a instrument..
and where the yellow cake was sent too ... well they have lots of it...

Yea, thats right the Regan administration was guilty of trafficing in banned weapons. chemical weapons from the USA, I guess it was our mess and we had to clean it up...
I just find it strange -- we took over a country by violating just about every standard we stand for, and told dont look, dont talk, and dont think.
follow blindly by our government.... thats totally opposite of the way we stay Free.... what is really happening with the USA...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Yeah? Guess who gave them to him?

Rummy & Hussein... an odd couple to say the least.

Most of the precursors and agents used to make the nerve gases that were deployed in the Halabja Attack on the Kurds came from American companies.

Edit: Aww damn Maxmars beat me to it!

[edit on 31/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Yeah? Guess who gave them to him?

Well he also got a lot of stuff from Russia and Fance.

The hidden and burried MIGs were Russian.

The GPS jammers he got were from Russia.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Yes I realise that.
His top two supporters during the 1980's were the US & Soviet Union.

... So your point is?
It's okay for the US to sponsor a brutal regime as long as everyone else is doing it too?

I believe that's called the last excuse of the scoundrel: But everyone else is doing it!.

Btw, I don't know why you keep referring to the buried MiG's, I think only 3 or 4 planes were actually hidden that way and were so deteriorated and worthless thanks to the US Sanctions (no spare parts) the US simply scrapped them.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I am with TGOC on this one(oddly enough), we have had differing opinions in the past but I must say that this looks like pro war propoganda to me. Not much you can do with yellow cake anyway, must be purified alot before it can be weapons grade. And unless It can be verified for sure I am not buying.Also if this were true it would be making world headlines as we speak. Havent heard so much as a squwak about it. Wheres Budski, wonder what he thinks....

[edit on 31-7-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I had a press release cross my desk some time ago as an investor. Cameco acquired it. Yes it was real yellow cake but less than 5% enriched... You would need to turn that into uranium hexafloride and spin it forever in an array of tens of thousands of centrifuges to enrich to the minimum 80% bomb grade enrichment in a feasible length of time. See the link below.

www.canada.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extraterrestrial Agenda
Suck on this you "Its all about the OIL" Lovers

550 metric tons of yellow cake uranium was removed from Iraq over the last few months in a clandestine operation by US and Canadian forces. The highly purified uranium was guarded by US and Iraqi forces until a means to stabilize and remove the substance was formulated. While the yellowcake itself must be further purified for use in a nuclear weapon, it is clear that the uranium was not in Iraq for peaceful purposes.

Source

First off folks, they DID find yellow cake. However, the OP needs to change the title of this thread because it was NOT PURIFIED. It was degraded yellow cake that was VERY OLD. The source is bunk and the title of this thread is bunk. This has already been discussed on this board.

So suck on what? The fact that NO WMDs HAVE YET TO BE FOUND? Okay. I'll suck on that.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
While it's true that Blix, etc never found much, it's also true that he has stated that he was positive of the fact that once monitoring ceased, that Saddam was going to start back his nuclear program.

Add to this the fact that they were in violation of the surrender terms by having plans and materials related to missle programs that he was supposed to be prevented from having, even though they said they didn't.... and that a binary sarin gas artillery shell was used as an IED, AFTER Saddam said evrything was accounted for....... well, there's more than one reason for the war.

To pin it on uranium only is ridiculous....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Extraterrestrial Agenda

Someone else already said this, I think. However, this is definately something that would have arisen in some form of the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This news has no credibility whatsoever since Canada has *no* military troups involved in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yeah nice website, want to find one that is not right wing . com come on guy you are so wrong. One day your going to have to wake up and see that your hero GW is a criminal, and you are aiding him in his criminal behavior with your apathy.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think alot of people owe the OP an appology, he posted it and it was a true story for all those who flew off the handle with cranky remarks such as "if it was true it would be all over fox news". Seems to me we have a batch of haters out there. Step up and appologize.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
I think alot of people owe the OP an appology, he posted it and it was a true story for all those who flew off the handle with cranky remarks such as "if it was true it would be all over fox news". Seems to me we have a batch of haters out there. Step up and appologize.

Well, first off, I won't apologize because I know I didn't slam him. Just made an off the wall comment at the end.

However, if anyone should apologize, it is the OP. His title is misleading. It is NOT purified yellow cake. It is 'degraded' yellow cake that would require a ton of time and money to even get half of it near weapons grade and that is not even a sure bet either.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The only reason this is coming out now is because of the upcoming election. They want to use this to improve the image of the Republican Party......because Bush has destroyed their credibility completely. It was probably planted by some of Dick's cronies and convienently found 3 months prior to election day. Obvious B.S.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join