It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11; what are we gonna do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by joereid

thanks for the heads up!! you got any suggestions? did you try and fail? what happened?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by v4vendetta
NO NEGATIVITY PLEASE

sorry, i couldnt even keep reading this thread. you posted several time about positivity and no negativity and yet, that is ALL you direct at anyone who doesnt believe what you do.

you have implied that those of us that dont believe what you do are somehow stupid, sheep, brainwashed...and in fact in many cases you did not imply it you straight up said it.

as a member here it is not my nor your place to start a thread and more or less say "oh, i only want people who are like minded to me to post in this thread, anyone else is stupid." if thats what you want...start your own website and quit P-riding ATS's popularity for your movement.

i wont even address some of the facts you gloss over in your simplistic view of what happened.

but allow me to say this, i feel im pretty sharp, maybe not a genious, but im not exactly forrest gump either. i look at the videos for the fall of the wtc buildings and i dont see a CD. know why? cuz ive actually handled high explosives in real life. not counterstrike. ive taken my own knowledge and experience and looked at what happened and then compared what i know to some of the more popular 911 theories and it just doesnt fit. now, is it possible it was done using materials i never worked with? sure, its possible, yet there are still characteristics that should have been present that werent so anything they used is going to be WAY out there and no one is talking about it. thats pretty uncommon even in the millitary, security clearances dont always mean anything cuz grunts like to talk.

so, becuase i cant reconsile what i know with the theory of the week im STUPID? (i just assume i would be considered stupid or brainwashed as everyone else who's disagreed with you seems to fall into that category)

sorry, but your, and some other posters here, attitude towards those who disagree with you is rude, insulting, and a far cry from denying any ignorance on any level. im not one to run to the mods when i see somone posting like you and others have here, but honestly, if the mods DONT slap you with a warning im going to be disappointed. nothing personal but thats the way it is. ive always hoped that this site was aspiring to be a model for how one should conduct oneself in polite society and while even i have been guilty of some heated exchanges in the past, i think i can honestly say ive never called a specific member stupid in any of my posts.

just my opinions of course, dont feel the need to respond to me here as i find it unlikely that ill continue my participation in this particular thread.

griff, bsb, you guys see now why i tend to take breaks from the 911 forums? every so often i read a thread that reminds me that my time is better spent on Raiden.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

im very sorry, please forgive the attitude. it just gets pretty frustrating too.
Ok, lets say that the planes did indeed cause the "collapse", there are just too many other inconcistencies surrounding it like; why did WTC 7 fall? How did a passport (of a terrorist no less, which was quite suspect) fall from the sky? i could go on but im bored of going over it.
All im saying is that there are plenty of people who agree with me and it is them who i want to address.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by v4vendetta

im very sorry, please forgive the attitude.

well, while i was offended, i dont think its me you should apologize to, but thats just me and its between you and your own conscience.

it just gets pretty frustrating too.

on both sides, and honestly both sides are just as guilty. trust me, i would have called out (and think i have in the past) OCT people as well. wasnt personal. i just sometimes feel like im being lumped in with a certain group and talked down to just by reading something and feel the need to respond vs what i usually do which is to simply move on to another thread.

Ok, lets say that the planes did indeed cause the "collapse",

ok, we can say that, but dont worry, i wont hold you to it

there are just too many other inconcistencies surrounding it like;

TOTALLY agree. i may not agree on what is a significant inconcistancy but i WILL agree that they exist and dont paint the govt story in a real logical light.

why did WTC 7 fall? How did a passport (of a terrorist no less, which was quite suspect) fall from the sky? i could go on but im bored of going over it.

i hear ya there, its been years and i still cant get anyone to provide me with a technical data sheet on "thermite cutter charges", which since everyone seems to think they are a staple in the demo field shouldnt be that hard....should it?

All im saying is that there are plenty of people who agree with me and it is them who i want to address.

yes, there are a LOT of people that agree with you, i even agree with you on some of the overall issues. but, when you start a discussion on a hot topic like this youre GOING to get people from all sides. trying to exclude anyone who disagrees with you is rude enough but to start off with the personal attacks and insults probably isnt the way to go. you may find that even some of the people that agree with you wont want to join the discussion just because of the attitude.

there are a lot of rabid OCT members here that i cringe when they join a discussion because they can get even more abrasive than you and a few of the other posters in this thread are, and quite frankly i dont want my opinions to be associated with them. i dont want them to agree with me, i dont want them to support me, i would just prefer they didnt participate becuase they seem incapable of doing so with any courtesy or respect for others opinions.

but, i dont make the rules here, i just try my best to follow them.

so, apology accepted. please also accept my apologies to you for disrupting your thread and for throwing out my unsoliceted opinions about your posting style. really wasnt my place

was never really meant to be personal.
peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Nice one bruv! i admit i got a bit carried away...
i sometimes forget that there are other people involved, apart from the person im replying to. I know now.
I believe in the truth as much as anyone, and right now, that truth seems a bit cloudy thats all...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by v4vendetta

Hey V,
I see you've been having a little trouble keeping people on topic.
Not to be negative, but his is why it is next to impossible to get people to come together for causes that don't concern their little gardens. They all bring their own little opinions, and angles, and egos.
It seems to me that you have been pretty clear on what you are trying to achieve: Some sort of grass roots positive action to bring people together who AGREE on this issue so as it can be moved to main stream.
However, everybody is coming to your thread regurgitating all the stuff they keep been posting time after time on all threads. 9/11 has become this trigger word on ATS that snaps people into this pavlovian frenzy. In some ways it's kind of funny to observe, but not really helpful to your cause.
I've been trying to come up with some new ideas for you to no avail, but I'll try some more.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your a star!! Thats exactly it.
A few good ideas have surfaced, we need more though.
we can only keep trying...
The solution will present itself in time, we just got to stay positive...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by v4vendettaAny suggestions are welcome...

File a Law Suit...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Defendants tried twice to have it thrown out so far and failed

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
PILOTS FOR TRUTH

Pilots for 9/11 Truth is an organization of aviation professionals and pilots throughout the globe who have gathered together for one purpose. We are committed to seeking the truth surrounding the events of the 11th of September 2001. Our main focus concentrates on the four flights, maneuvers performed and the reported pilots. We do not offer theory or point blame at this point in time. However, we are focused on determining the truth of that fateful day based on solid data and facts -- since 9/11/2001 is the catalyst for many of the events shaping our world today -- and the United States Government doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with answers or facts.

www.pilotsfor911truth.org...

ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS FOR 9/!! TRUTH

Why are Architects and Engineers Re-examining the WTC Collapses?

Architects and Engineers are trained to design buildings that function well and withstand potentially destructive forces. However, the 3 high-rise buildings at the World Trade Center which "collapsed" on 9/11 (the Twin Towers plus WTC Building #7) presented us with a body of evidence (i.e., controlled demolition) that was clearly outside the scope of our training and experience.

In addition, the shock that hit us on that date from the repeated attacks and staggering loss of life has limited our ability to rationally evaluate what really happened. We therefore found ourselves relying solely upon the judgment of outside "experts"...

www.ae911truth.org...

USA Military Officers Challenge Official Account of September 11
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I doubt very few few people here at ATS would go so far as to put their name, reputation and professional careers on line like these four groups do...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

cheers. i like the bit;

The investigation of the destruction of the World Trade Center (WTC) complex occurring on September 11, 2001 began on or about August 21, 2002

began on or about August 21 2002

2002???? 2002??? nearly a year later??? how funny...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I guess one thing you can do is go to one one of those town meetings that they're gonna have for the elections and try to ask the question. They're talking about having some of those without screening the questions.
You can start an online petition, though I think that's already been tried.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
For those who want to do anything at all about 9/11:

What is your ultimate goal, and why?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
For those who want to do anything at all about 9/11:

What is your ultimate goal, and why?

Something along the lines of: "the truth shall set you free"

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

By the way, I hope to God that there is nothing to these theories.
However my wife and I were living in the West Village (horatio st)at the time, breathed air full of poison, pain, and death. So personally I don't feel like wondering for the rest of my life. I want to stop crying every time I see an old movie with the towers in it. I want to to know why my friends died. I understand it's not about me but you asked "why?"
One way on another I would like some closure. The sadness will never fade away, but maybe the wondering can cease. Maybe.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The goal is mainly to create awareness. Just to get people to think outside the box, and not to be so gullible. for their own benefit. its so hard not to offend anyone.

because of 9/11 the world has taken a turn for the worst, X amount of people have died as a result and are still dying as i type right now...
maybe in the back 'our' minds (people who dont believe the "official" story, i mean), we think that exposing the liars will change the world, i believe it will...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
by the way, theres another thread regarding the Canadian MP Libby Davies' 9/11 investigation. You can leave a message to show your support;

Libby Davies, Member of Parliament for Vancouver East

2412 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. Canada V5T 3E2
Ph: 604 775 5800 Fax: 604 775 5811

152 Confederation Building, House of Commons, Ottawa ON, K1A 0A6
Ph: 613-992-6030 Fax: 613-995-7412

This is exactly what we need right now, showing your support is the least you can do. Im sure it wasnt easy for them to get this far so lets not let them fall short when they need us most...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Finally, there were NO firefighters to be pulled. There hadn't been any in WTC 7 since 11am that morning.

Do you know what a collapse zone is? It is at a minimum 1.5 x height
of building, Wtc 7 was 47 stories, collapse zone 70 stories. There were
many FDNY members operating near WTC 7 and the fire chiefs had to
get them clear of the building and collapse zone. The fire chief gave
the orders not Silverstein.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
By the way to answer the OP thread title,We are going to hit AL qaeda hard for they have done to America and all their allies too for supporting them.So listed enemies that the people know are;
Al qaeda
Iran
Hezbollah
Hamas
Islamic Jihad
Taliban

This list will be expanded if more groups prove to be troublesome to Western Allied Forces.

AL-QAEDA attacked the WTC on sept 11,2001

Just gotta throw this out there. I don't know if you're familiar with what Al-Qaeda really is, but in case you're not. Here it is.

I cant tell you the exact date, it's out there somewhere, but it's in the realm of when Russia invaded Afghanistan. The CIA created a list, or database, of all known terrorists and their connections to each other. This includes, free lance work, Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah, PLA etc. Anyone with know terrorist connections or prior associated work were added to this "database". Now, rewind a second to the name Al-Qaeda. This word translates to "The Base" aka "The database". The CIA created a list of enemies, some non associated to each other and named it Al-Qaeda. Call it, a cumulative list of enemies against the West. This is the Al-Qaeda we see and hear about today. It is not an organization. It has no formal organizational structure. It has no figurehead commanding the masses. It is a list, that is it, plain and simple.

The reason we are lead to believe that Al-Qaeda is our enemy, is because it's true. It is a list of, as I said, enemies of the West. However, remember that this list was something fabricated by us. It gives us an enemy, something to combat. The truth of the matter is, we are deciding who our enemy is. We redefine the enemy every day by simply adding and removing people from "The Database".

So when you say that we are going to "hit al-qaeda hard for what they have done to America" it's probably true. But the ignorance in your knowledge of what Al-Qaeda really is, is blatantly obvious in your post.

Just wanted to make sure you understand what you're being told so that you can make your own decision on what you believe. A real decision, an informed decision. My advice, turn off the television. Turn off the Radio. Set down the magazines. Pick up a book, and read. Read.

The only way to fight back is to show we understand the truth. If we can illustrate our intelligence the government will be forced to bring us into the loop of whats really going on. Were not talking "disclosure". We're talking about real participation, the real chance to choose what we do. Until we can prove to our government that we "CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH" we are going to remain in the dark where they want us.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligent life

wow. good point. The amount of intelligent voices on this site is quite surprising, i thought it would be a bunch of doughnuts like "justice11" but they are more or less outnumbered. Kool post.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

By the way V,
One thing to consider is to try to have a little patience. A lot of people who will come out as whistle blowers will not do it while this administration is still in power for fear of reprisal. I think you will find that over the next few years this administration's actions will be exposed for the disgrace that it is. Think Scott McClellan times a hundred.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join