It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Fired - Promises Disclosure

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, that was fast. Ken is a crackpot and always was. Next?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This post is just to make page 17 appear.

Because of a bug, ATS does not show that the next page exists if it has only a post.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I´ve posted that on Bad Astronomy , if i don´t remember wrongly, from an info of yours that i read here in ATS

But the info was already posted there, on another section:

www.bautforum.com...

And the only comment is just painfully to read:

"We need to know, We need to know, We need to know.
Why? Isn't the important thing to know what the numbers mean?
Something that is yet to be compiled when the report will be released."

I found this quite intriguing. Normally, it is really odd that a thread of any kind receives no less of two or three post at minimum, i mean rock bottom minimun.

UFO´s and related topics, by, the way, receive several pages of comments, usually attacking the post topic, the UFO phenomena, etc.

But this one...just one post?

Sorry for my english.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Orion437]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ok so maybe storm is a bad term here. But you get my idea. Who are they to determine what the rest of the world knows?
Government property No Trespassing? BS Those are our installations, and those are our researchers. Not theirs.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We may have been looking in the wrong place for photos from the press conference, I have found this on the Enterprise Mission website.

On that page they have some links to Russian articles about the press conference.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
the moon is a spaceship... "aliens/gods" used it to come here to seed earth after their planet/tiamat was pummeled... asteroid belt... they have been ruling over humans from their place in space since our beginning... and just like the last time human life was 'wiped" from the planet, the gods continue to conspire to keep their existence a secret... why? because they bleed and die too i.e. fear of humans... who remembers Sodom? ancient cultures have pointed to the moon as the abode of the gods since the beginning of civilization.. it hasn't been until recently that the knowledge has been discreditted... why? because the end times are coming folks... "the sky is falling"...hmmm

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLT1985
I ask my wife to get Dark Mission for my Christmas present.

I pity you and your wife. She married a root vegetable.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hm.. what troubles me is Russia must have a mountain of photographic material from their Lunar programme and yet coincidentally it is the Russian press that shows the most interest in the press conference.

This suggests to me that their need for evidence is is greater than ours so what are the contraints for release of their huge stockpiles.

One would of thought that since the collapse of communism 20 years ago there would be less secrecy surrounding their material and yet I have seen less than a handfull of images from their programme.

The ones I have seen particularly one from Zond 3 and one from Zond 7 have been tantalising and left me wishing for more.

It makes me think that there is a bigger stranglehold on there society than I would have hoped, although the interest of their press on the subject encourages me to hope that things may change, it would be good to compare images from two entirely different programmes.

I have read that there is a lot of blackmarket activity and always a need for foreign currency I guess no one has ever thought of trying to buy said images on the blackmarket, just a thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by webstra
There is a problem that i have with the atmosphere on the moon and that is because HE3 couldt be made on the moon because of the fact that there isn't an atmosphere ? Any thoughts or do i make a mistake ?

You make a mistake... there is absolutely no question that there is a lot of HE3 on the Moon... If you wish more info just u2u me and i will point you to the information so as not to clutter the thread with this

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Zorgon. Welcome back!
Could you respond to my post on page 13, please? I'd love to read your thoughts.

Ah there you are... took me a while to find this....

First let me say EXCELLENT WORK
You have at least done what I have 'accused' several 'skeptics' of never doing... taking the time to go out and actually research and go after the facts.

Now then I do have a few questions and maybe your contact can answer one of them...

1> IF Ken was ONLY an "ambassador" why then are there several technical papers written by him in his field of expertise (as posted by ArMaP, namely engineering) posted on the NASA technical reports server....

2> IF there are no other people living on other planets then WHY do we need "Solar System Ambassadors"

3> How do you know that the answer you received is not a prepared answer because they knew people would be writing to ask? I had this happen in another thread a few months back... many people wrote the same PR person and we all. including me... got the same pat answer... basically a form letter...

However when I pushed the matter, adding a few bits of info from other sources I got a different response that led to a dialog and several of my questions being forwarded to and answered by other departments...

So where is your proof that this person (and I do not doubt the person is the REAL one,) has told you the truth? And not just given you a prepared press statement if anyone should ask?

As to why its posted in this forum... because it is of interest to John and myself... and this is where our 'audience' is... but the issue deals with Hoagland's work and or disclosure(or not)....

LOL Its no wonder John is so popular... no one can seperate the topics

But anyway I do applaud your work... Maybe we should try to have a few others write and see if the response is the same

To ArMaP

I do not follow what a person's personal interest in movies has to do with anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have gotta hold my hand up here Z it was me who wrongly posted that information.

I messed up on the surname, ie Johnson instead of Johnston, it was Armap who actually correctrd me on that. sorry.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMax

Why, Planning a trip?

Very much so. Actually beyond planning at this point, we're building stuff!

Dagnabbit... Pegasus is only at the propulsion stage so far... care to pool resources?

May I respectfully suggest decaf?

Hell no!! Do you know how they make that stuff?

Well I figure it this way... when we have the ship ready... I will be sure to include an oxygen meter on the airlock hatch... just in case

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMax
More on topic-
I can't find anyone from any lunar lab who remembers anyone named Ken Johnston.
But I'll keep asking. Let me know if someone comes up with a year he worked there.

Can you answer why those papers of his are posted at the NASA tech server? or are they perhaps a different Ken Johnston and there is confusion?

And can you slip us a couple of those old Apollo pics? I have a couple of numbers I would really like to find...

Also can someone explain this (from 2003)

Guest: Dr. ken Johnston
Dr. Ken Johnston, former NASA Apollo Program test pilot, is the guest for this program. Dr. Johnston discusses with The Space Show audience such issues as where we were in technology at the end of the Apollo program and where we should be today, the 'Brain Drain' at NASA after the 'Moon Program', the Space Station that could have been, space and it's affect upon Earth's Culture and in theology, and what the reality will be for getting a private-sector lunar mission successfully to the Moon based on what he knows had to have happened with Apollo. We also discuss lunar photographs, NASA and its relationship with space commerce and much more.

About our guest...

Dr. ken Johnston
Dr. Johnston learned to fly in the US Marine Corps and in the 1960’s and was one of the five test pilots assigned to work with the astronauts during the Apollo Moon Program at NASA in Houston. His job was to help train the astronauts to fly the Lunar Module. He was one of the Test Conductors and became the Test Director of the TM-5 Lunar Module Training Vehicle that was used to train all the Lunar Mission Astronauts. In 1969, Mr. Johnston was responsible for controlling all the Data and Photographic information generated from the Lunar Missions. He has three BS degrees in Aviation and Aerospace Engineering, a Masters in Theology and his PhD. in Meta Physics. Now retired at the age of 60, Dr. Johnston raises miniature horses in New Mexico.

www.thespaceshow.com...

Seems there is a lot more to this than meets the eye

This is ofcourse the Hoagland version..

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA’s Lunar Receiving Laboratory during NASA’s manned Apollo Lunar Program...

Then there is the CNN angle...

Dear Colleague,

My name is Cheryll Jones, former news anchor at CNN.

I have a news alert I think you, as a member of fourth estate in these very troubled times, will appreciate.

Think of it as a “heads up” on what might become one of the most important stories of the coming months.

At 9:00 AM, Tuesday, October 30, 2007, at the National Press Club in Washington DC, The Enterprise Mission – a private research and public policy group – will hold a press briefing in the NPC Zenger Room.

Here are the NASA tech reports...

ntrs.nasa.gov...

Here is a photo of the three Ken. Cheryl, and Richard

www.contactmusic.com...

I Also find the name in this NASA listing...

spacescience.nasa.gov...

and this one...

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

There must be more than one...

something is not right here...

Okay here is something we can check out...

JPL's ultimate decision to fire Dr. Johnston was initiated, according
to Ferrari's phone call, "by an initial inquiry to JPL from James Oberg, of
NBC News." Oberg is a former NASA contractor and a colleague of Johnston's
at NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center during the Apollo Program in the 1970's.
According to Ferrari, Oberg, in his e-mails, raised "serious issues
regarding Johnston's credentials" and his "crackpot accusations" against
the agency. Oberg's NASA contractor history begs ethical questions
regarding his efforts to get Johnston terminated, based on Johnston's
testimony in "Dark Mission" and intention to present further "missing"
Apollo images and data at the National Press Club.

Dr. Johnston will present documentation of his claims, credentials and
key role at NASA October 30th.

James Oberg should be contactable...

PR Newswire Press

Whatever is going on... its spreading through websites like wild fire...

[edit on 3-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
First let me say EXCELLENT WORK
You have at least done what I have 'accused' several 'skeptics' of never doing... taking the time to go out and actually research and go after the facts.

Why, thank you, Zorgon. I jus' do what I can. Or feel like doing.

1> IF Ken was ONLY an "ambassador" why then are there several technical papers written by him in his field of expertise (as posted by ArMaP, namely engineering) posted on the NASA technical reports server....

I'm not sure which of ArMaP's post you're referring to. Is it this one?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If so, a B.S. in Aviation & Areospace Engineering will not get him a master's or doctorate's degrees and, therefore, he can not claim to be an expert in engineering.
But, I'm sure you're referring to this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...clearly ArMaP was responding to Sherpa's list of technical papers, after Sherpa had mistakenly search "Ken Johnson", not "Johnston". There seem to be no NASA "expert" engineering papers authored, in whole or in part, by Ken Johnston.

2> IF there are no other people living on other planets then WHY do we need "Solar System Ambassadors"

The Solar System Ambassadors program is "staffed" by volunteers around the country. Typically, they are High School Science teachers who give presentations at local clubs, museums, high schools, libraries, etc, for the amusement and education of children and adults. Think of your High School Science teacher. He just may well be a JPL "Solar System Ambassador".

The program is an educational outreach endeavor, and has nothing to do with life on other planets.

3> How do you know that the answer you received is not a prepared answer because they knew people would be writing to ask? I had this happen in another thread a few months back... many people wrote the same PR person and we all. including me... got the same pat answer... basically a form letter...

It could be a form letter. Or, more likely, one of several prepared form letters. All I know is that it specifically addressed the specific questions that I asked, and no more. I believe that it was a personal response from Kay Ferrari because a form letter would have probably arrived very shortly after I'd sent it, not nearly 24 hours later.

So where is your proof that this person (and I do not doubt the person is the REAL one,) has told you the truth?

I, of course, have none. But, given the fact that Ken Johnston has something unusual and highly suspect to promote and sell, and that Kay Ferrari does not, inclines me toward believing her version of events.

She coordinates a program that aims to give presentations at planetariums, fer cryin' out loud. She's not a "reptilian" (whatever that even means anymore...), and to doubt her word over Ken Johnston's or Richard Hoagland's would be, in my opinion, extremely rude.

LOL Its no wonder John is so popular... no one can seperate the topics

He does seem to be a bit viral, doe'n't he?

But anyway I do applaud your work... Maybe we should try to have a few others write and see if the response is the same

Excellent idea, Zorgon. I'd hate to bug the woman, but, any one wanna volunteer and be the next (and only next) inquisitor? I really don't wanna bug her, though. She's probably sick and tired of this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The October 30th Press Release was supposed to be on the National Press Club...

Here is the site...
npc.press.org...

Here is the calendar listing
press.org...

here is the contact info for the Press Club Maybe they can tell us the outcome of Oct 30 and where we can see this report.

npc.press.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
darkmission.blogspot.com...

As far as I know, "Dark Mission" can be using his name just to make the news conference more interesting.

I doubt that.... You saw the photo of the three together and there is this...

darkmission.blogspot.com...

Maybe the plot is to counter our work here at ATS because we are getting to close
and they figure to draw attention away...

Its working... and THEY are getting rich, while we do the work for abuse

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Zorgon, c'mon now.

Cheryll Jones is a former CNN meteorologist and part-time news anchor. Right now she's, basically, a hired spokeswoman.

Look at her website: www.cherylljones.com...

She is a name for hire. I wonder how much Hoagland paid her to host that "press briefing" that we're still not sure ever actually happened?

EDIT: Missed yer post at 11:15... Am perusing the links now....

EDIT: There is absolutely no new info at those sites. Very disappointing links, Zorgon.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Probably a percentage...

I agree totally that the whole thing smells like 'well aged green cheese" but since I do not trust NASA either I take that letter the same way I take the Hoagland version...

I would however really like to know what's going on... is this an attempt to distract? Yes for sure its to make money and to do that you build suspense... but there is more to this... one of the things in the book shows an obvious atmosphere effect but they say its a gigantic glass dome...

At the least this will provide 'new' material to 'examine' Hoagland also says he worked for NASA... has anyone ever verified that independently?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hoagland also says he worked for NASA... has anyone ever verified that independently?

Well, we could email his mother? I wouldn't wanna bother her with this, though. Assuming she's still among us, of course.

No. My guess is that Richard Hoagland and Ken Johnston are two very lonley men.
:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Pegasus is only at the propulsion stage so far... care to pool resources?

MALSP and lunar mobility tools
You need a mobile lunar crane?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join