It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews Anchors Spread Fears Of Al Qaeda Link To California Fires

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Eco-terrorists

Wierd cooincidence, was at the exact moment I read that, just thinking about who was going to be next boogey man to justify the domestic agenda in this war on nouns.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If everyone put their biases and hatreds aside, they would admit their first two thoughts were Terrorist or Global Warming.

Nope, that might have been your first two thoughts. I thought wow, they have big fires like this nearly every year now, and I hope nobody's getting hurt. The word terrorist didn't even enter my mind in regards to the fires until I read this thread about what Fox News construed. That's how it works, mere speculation from a person in a position of perceived authority and the seed is planted. If you never went to college, you should read up on the Milgrams Experiment, we really are suckers when it comes to authority.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by edbaseball17

I agree with you. Most posters here probably don't even watch fox. At least with fox news, you get facts, not propaganda!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Twitchy I am with you. I totally assumed this was due to things always catching fire out there. I heard a report about a man caught on a motorcycle starting a fire, but that was a day or 2 into it I thought. In any case FBI, ATF, and Orange County Fire Officials are claiming that it was arson. I have some links to CNN and I know CBS is also reporting this. www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It is important to blame the terrorists as frequently as possible.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by housebroke2
At least with fox news, you get facts, not propaganda!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh my god! My sides hurt!
That's the funniest thing I've read on ATS.
EVER!

Thanks for the laugh, I was starting to feel a little down about how amazingly eager the masses are to be controlled by mainstream media, no matter how idiotic the "report" might be.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Come on, fires happen naturally around the world. That is nature's way of cleansing and starting over. True, arson is a bad thing, but is often started by teenagers with a hair to do something stupid. I'm sure a hoard of Al Queda (sic? who cares if it's spelled correctly, they don't deserve it) operatives just decided to burn California like they did every year for the last fifteen years in a row right? These fires are a common occurence on the news every year. (in California and Florida, I've lived in both states) Wake up. If you get a flat tire without a witness, do you blame terrorists?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Don't be so hasty, he is in ATS so he will get enlightened in due time

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by venom79x

That is not even valid anymore. They have already declared it to be malicious. Either they will arrest some people for it, or they will go on a manhunt. They declared it to be Arson, they will find an arsonist. They are not going to go back and say never mind it was a crazy lighting bolt.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What?
I was appreciating his remarkable use of satire to illustrate the fact that Fox news rots your brain.

Oh wait... don't tell me you think he was serious??
That would be... ah... unfortunate.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Nah, couldn't be. There is rarely anything in my mind that is serious when it pertains to FOX news. Other than blatant lying on a daily basis, but that seems to be the norm for a lot of media outlets now. A lot, not all, after all I'm an optimistic pessimist. Or realist, whatever you want to call it. Or am I just p.o'd all the time?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yeah, lets blame Al Qaeda and terrorists in general for everything bad happening in the world... NOT !

I don't buy it unless one is caught red handed.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
BTW, Aussie firefighters are on their way

Source?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I firmly believe the fires were deliberately set.
One question I do have though is, how do these "investigators" know if a fire was set on purpose? I mean I don't know the scientifics but is that even possible? Say someone threw a windproof match or something towards a dry bush area, there would be no way! Come to think of it, how can anyone say whether it was a natural fire? Maybe someone here can help me out?

Has anyone mentioned what was used to start these fires? I would think that would have to be confirmed before reporting that a fire was deliberately set, no?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Fox News didn't pull the possibility of "Al Qaeda" out of their anal orifices. This WAS raised a few years ago. Even though it may not turn out to be the case with THESE wildfires, can you really berate Fox for exploring this possible angle on the story?

USA Today 07-11-2003

Maybe Fox News is just doing their job. You know, examining as many angles on the story as possible, rather than the myopic views of the likes of CNN, Al Jazeera, etc.
ohhh, and you must be Bill OReilly.
:shk:

Stop apologizing for those fools.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
News Update: With no new evidence, Fox continues to ask: Did al Qaeda burn California?

Snippet:
For the second straight day, Fox News stood virtually alone in advancing thinly supported speculation to raise fears that the wildfires ravaging California are not the result of a confluence of arid heat and high winds but were set deliberately by al Qaeda terrorists bent on destroying America.

Fox & Friends, the conservative cable channel, was panned Wednesday for breathlessly reporting a sketchy, four-year-old FBI memo as if it offered new information linking America's enemies in the "Global War on Terror" with a plot to burn down southern California.

[edit on (10/25/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

So what? Seriously. It is something they are discussing JUST like we are all discussing here.

And they mentioned in the news cast that it was from a 2003 memo. That came during the interview.

And if you listen to the whole interview, I see NOTHING that is "fear mongering". They are discussing possibilities. They are NOT suggesting. They are asking if it is possible, based on previous reports that it could be possible in the future.

"In a post-9/11 world, we have to consider all possibilities," Stakelbeck intoned.

The only fear mongering I see are people trying to tell the world that Fox News is evil and is out to get us. LOL!!

[edit on 25-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 25-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Thank god, he was just joking I was ready to offer my services and adopt him.

He is one of the enlighten ones

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Yeah sure, the California Illuminati say lite my fire you Arabs and
pay with innocent death in Shock and AWE.

Osama said to unite, perhaps this was a sign.

OSAMA WILL DIE when he realizes he is under Illuminati mind control
and confesses his sins... but is killed just before he does publicly.

Thus a new CT.

Good post T22... 3ndgam3 might be a little softer than TerrorStorm.
Video reporter AJ cuts no slack.
Let Give The Media ALL the Slack they need .... the better to catch them
all later on.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I'm saying that the jump from natural to arson to supposed terrorism seemed to happen pretty quickly. I understand it would be a stretch to start 14 fires of that size naturally. It is no surprise at all that it was arson. The lamest part of the reporting of the incident was the fact that Fox planted the question to begin with. I agree that it has been a pressing issue for the last few years, but the speculative fear is insane. As for the punks who did start these fires, hopefully they will get what they deserve. I hear there have been five arrests so far.

Oh wait, there's more. I'm watching Glenn Beck right now, and the screen says "Eco-Terror Threat" in large letters across the screen. So CNN is addressing the issue as well. He says it would be more likely to be caused by ALF or ELF groups operating here in the US. (first I've heard of them, but they are describing them as Eco-terrorist groups)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join