It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews Anchors Spread Fears Of Al Qaeda Link To California Fires

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Zactly right Oldtimer
Like here in Oz every summer, we have our share of fires stuck by lightning, and a good share lit by total fools or pyros...

There aint no conspiracy involved either way...A star for your post being able to see the forest from the trees, as they say...But eh, as your moniker says, you probably been round a bit and seen some stuff...

So good on you for posting what you did

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by humanunnaki
reply to post by BitRaiser

No, the terrorists aren't responsible for the lowering SAT scores and doofusy dumbness of our children and grandchildren. The responsible party is the pinko far left DEMOCRAT party-infiltrated School systems!

You want to bicker over who supports abortion, who supports education!? How selfish can one person be?

There's people across the world dying because over the last 25 years every President that's been "elected" (remember we only get 2 choices — Dem. or Rep.) have been members of the World Trade Organization, The Trilateral Commision, The Council on Foreign Affaris, or supporters of The Bilderburg Group, House of Rothchilde or other Organizations that support the Concentration of World Power and International Agenda.

Keep preteneding there's a difference and you'll let this country ROT into Ruins!

This is how they keep getting away with this type of behaviour. Bickering about the little things.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

[edit on 25-10-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
With all due respect Tryanny22, and I must say I do at agree with some of what you say at least....

You have picked the wrong thread to bring your views up by a long way....Not even remotely related to the topic(s) at hand...

As I said, I support at least some of your views, why not put a kick ass post in entirely about your views and get heaps of folks debating it ?

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the two journalists in the OP, principly
Steve Doocy and Adam Housley

all doing allthe right things....for getting the attention and a Raise
from Fox News owned by News Corp.

News Corp, ala' Rupert Murdoch, is the Fox News puppetmaster, imho

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
please stick to the topic at hand. In case you have forgotten, that topic is:

Fox News Anchors Spread Fears of Al Qaeda Link to California Fires.

Unless the Bilderberg Group or abortion can, somehow be connected to this topic, please refrain from posting on these off topic topics.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Here in Colorado where I live the Hayman fires were started by a government employee who wanted humans out of the wilderness area!

Hi there, I'm also from Colorado, regarding the Hayman Fire, (the huge wildfire in Colorado a few years back) I heard the story was that an actual firefighter (female) was arrested and even sued for starting the Hayman Fire by burning an old love letter and then carelessly discarding it. Not sure if it's true but that's what I heard.

As for the topic at hand. I really hope and wish the best for everyone affected by these tragic fires. And I really hope there isn't an underground Arsonist group involved.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Let's see...

One man shot and killed by police after trying to ram them. Suspected of arson.

Another man captured by police after he was observed starting a brush fire.

And remember, boys and girls, it was only a few months ago that illegal immigrants were setting fires in National Forests to distract authorities while they snuck into the US.

Were these people terrorists? Absolutely. Eco-terrorists, at the very least. Innocent men and women died fighting these fires, and many people lost all their world possessions.

So do I care if these terrorists are al Qaeda or Mara Salvatrucha or Joe Blow? No, they are all the same to me. And the term al Qaeda doesn't scare me either.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah.

Sorry about that. Someone mentioned something about "pinko democrat" in their responses and it sent me off. I can't even remember now how they drifted into that statement, but I sure went off on a tangent.

My apologies.

Remember when news used to be based on facts? Yeah, that was good stuff.

Maybe when the space shuttle docks at the ISS FOX can whip out some old quotes from MacArther about how our next big war will be fought against extraterrestrials.

Rather than speculating about what it could be I think they should stick to reporting the facts.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
I'm surprised they haven't blamed Terrorists for the continuing decline of the average IQ in America.

So will you not accept terrorism as a possible cause? You think it's impossible?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vashtar

Can you show/tell or even imply any reason why we should believe it was "terrorist" in nature?

There's no evidence of a "terrorist" action to cause this event. So far, all indications point to natural disaster. Even if it was a person that started the fires, I remember when they used to be called arsonists.

Q: Why would someone refer to an arsonist as a terrorist?

A: Fear tactics.

As with any other attack that Al Qaeda has been involved with, I would assume that they would take all credit for the attacks, being that invoking fear of their organization would be key to the results of such act of terrorism. Where's the claim of resposibility for Hamas, Al Qaeda, or the Islamic Revolutionary Guard of Iran?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Uuu, fear the Arab, they did 9/11.

Fire every last one of the ***s in the news media

and get Arabs to tell us the news.

Pray for the Arab takeover.

Yet are they mind controlled as well. Perhaps a good sign if they
know nothing about aliens from outer space, but knowing nothing about
the Tesla mind control is bad.

DCP

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
arsonist starts fires

terrorist spread fear

i would say 500,000+ people are terrified so when the fire the arsonist starts, spreads to that scale that would bump up his title and make him a terrorist

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.

They made a comment based on something they found. Big whoop.

They are not continually talking about this.

And this link is from some biased source.....but I suppose that biased source is ok....because you agree with them. One claims Fox is biased, but continually posts biased sources that lean towards their opinions.

I dont get it.

Did anyone here actually watch Fox yesterday and hear them go on and on about this? Anyone? Well, I did. And it was not a very big topic. In fact, it was so small, I missed it. It was not a big news story, it was just mentioned as anything else has been mentioned.

And also what brought it up was this 1.:

Correspondent Adam Housley said he’s received “hundreds of comments” from readers of his Fox News blog speculating about a link to terrorism.

He received tons of comments on this, so he brought it up. If he had received tons of comments regarding angry bears starting the fires, he would have brought it up.

In June of 2003, FBI agents in Denver detailed an al Qaeda detainee’s discussion of a plot to set forest fires around the western United States, although investigators couldn’t determine whether the detainee was telling the truth, and his plot did not include setting fires in California.

This is a VALID reason to bring the topic up.

If the FBI found a memo that Jane & John Doe had a plot to start forest fires......then what would be the difference? It would still have been brought up as a possibility.

Reality is..........it could have been a possiblity. Until they know what happened........ANYTHING is a possibility.

They did not know what started this until they were told by authorities. It was specualtion, JUST like I kept reading here. Many people were speculating over things....just like is done here.

Now im just waiting for people to start blaming Pres Bush over this.

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
The spin machine is in action without a doubt.
Could be terror.
Could be false-flag terror.
Could be a firefighter who wanted work.

Time reveals all.

Could also be Drug Trafficing types who wanted to pull the National Guard off the border for a time in order to complete some transactions. If you are those types of people, who cares if a bunch of people get burned out of house and home so you can do a 100 million dollar coke or heroin deal. Plus, everyone knows that when times get tough, people end up using more drugs.

I think what may have been an isolated case of arson or two after a downed powerline during the seasonal winds, turned into a viral meme, with homeowners more than willing to abandon their foreclosing McMansions to the flames, if not encouraging the house to burn by spilling lawnmower gas all over the front lawn.

Honestly, after looking at the map of Southern California's fires, they look 'placed'. I guess the best example I can give is that the Map looks like one of the maps from the TV show numbers, where he is able to mathamatically prove that some event is not random. Perhaps I am thinking that, because the show is based in the LA area, and shows LA maps? I don't know.

What we all know is that the hand of man is involved, either by the act of arson, or by not understanding one's environment, and overpopulating an area prone to certain natural disasters. One has to wonder, what is it about SoCal that people stay for with the Earthquakes, the Wildfires, the Mudslides and overall Lack of Water and plus all the traffic in between? The cost of living is extremely high, because of the supply and demand of so many people in one area. So why? Why SoCal? (I am not 'hating', I really enjoy SOCal, just couldn't live there myself)

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DCP

But AL K Duh wants to kill any one any time in America.
They kill their own kind.
Why go through all the BS of hijack, which is impossible now or then,
and other sophisticated means like cell phone iuds.
Just kill like the lated memo from Osama said.

Why claim they did. Its more terror if they don't.

The terror is Bush and his shock and awe tactics.
See, I blamed Bush.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You people just don't get it. You are so quick to jump on FOX news and accuse them of being nothing more than a right wing propaganda machine; but you fail to realize that every other news outlet is nothing more than left wing propaganda.

You are quick to point out that FOX is blaming terrorists for a portion of these fires, when there is nothing to blame; but you fail to mention that every other liberal "main stream" news outlet is blaming it all on global warming! Some even go so far as to say that these fires are a "direct result of the war in Iraq"!!!

Yet I hear no mention of that; I don't see too many people around here that have a problem with that. It's always the same song and dance around here.

"Let's take every opportunity we can to jump all over evil FOX news and evil BUSH and evil CONSERVATIVES AND REPUBLICANS". It seems to me that too many of you only see things in black and white.

As I said in another thread similar to this one, perhaps that troubles me more than the fires themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The word Disingenuous comes to mind.

If everyone put their biases and hatreds aside, they would admit their first two thoughts were Terrorist or Global Warming.

Alex Jones is so consumed by hatred he sweats hate. So what if Fox mentioned what was on nearly every one's minds? It's hardly newsworthy in and of itself.

Why is it I never see attacks on CNN for their spin the other direction? Is the implication that people only want one side of the news? When hate replaces common sense no good can ever come of it. Watch only one side of every story and you will be Brainwashed for sure. How naive.

In my opinion, Alex Jones needs to get psychiatric help for Anger Management. Eventually his head will explode. But then mental illness sells. I wonder how rich he is becoming? Fostering hate where there should be cooperation has got to be tiring don't you think. I'm personally terrified some one like him may someday get into a position of power and tear the whole country apart. Fortunately he only has a handful of followers. I hear his groups numbers have shrunken quite a bit thankfully. Sooner of later the Emperor will have no clothes

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

After Reading your post you got me thinking
perhaps that is the whole idea of Fox mentioning the a link to alqaida.

We better be careful Iran may be behind the fires too.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Based on past covered up islamic attacks such as flight 800 and the Oklahoma city bombing, the knee jerk reaction of the media is actually to cover up such attacks.

You're saying the Oklahoma City Bombing was a cover up, and is really an "islamic attack"?

Yes in fact I am. I believe the Iraqis are likely to have been involved. Here are some links on this subject.
www.freerepublic.com...
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Thus I would expect, as I said, the mainstream media to cover up any association of these fires with islamic terrorism. No doubt if it is eco-terrorists they will cover that up as well. The motivations are political. The globalist mantra is that all third world, cultures are good and the worship of nature (instead of a transcendent God) is good. Whereas the traditional Judeo-Christian culture of the US is bad. They will follow this. The other, more prosaic motivation is to always protect the current administration. Terrorism makes our leaders look bad. That's why the terrorist connection to flight 800 was also suppressed by the Clinton administration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join